Third Party Tools / Autowelder - last version (porting in complete FPSC FPM levels)

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2021 16:02
@Super Clark: Please can you add the attachments. Sounds like a good idea if you mean excluding segment parts from the level.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2021 16:25 Edited at: 19th Jan 2021 16:26
Here is a Sample so you can see what I mean... also can you see why I am having texture file path issues
with some textures... I have added a pic to show I have the textures in the correct folders but autowelder
does not agree with me.

I have attached a zip of Free content from Starmind Server...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2021 16:32
from what I can see the filename is "Rusty Chain Straight Long.dds", which doesn't appear in that folder.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2021 16:39 Edited at: 19th Jan 2021 17:01
Damm!!! How did i miss i changed the name lol.... that did it

PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2021 17:04
Is there a way of converting a saved level universe.dbo back as a .fpm file? in fps creator so we could edit the
files that way ? as i have levels I created and saved but I did not know at the time you needed the .fpm file.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2021 18:03
I don't see why not. I would need to experiment.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2021 19:17
that would be cool, and i can then have my 37 old levels back to edit again...
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2021 07:07
Just want to clarify:

So the fpm contains info needed to load a level whether it be for GG or FPSC. This includes segment/entity info such as name, position, scripts, lighting markers zones etc. So this info is required to load in a level correctly. Is there any test file(s) you can send me to see if I can get it to work/load in or let me know the steps you have in mind and I can see what I can do.

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2021 08:46 Edited at: 20th Jan 2021 08:53
here is on old level of mine i saved the zip levels but I assumed the zip files were only needed to be backed up
I don't have the ,fpm .. and yes for it to work you need the original files that were present in the game.

But if i am right the universe.dbo should contain the segment/entity info such as name, position, scripts, lighting markers zones etc
so as to know what to put were again in order for the level files to show up again.

have ago see what you can do..

Its a very small test level I made only FPSC stock models so not breaking any forum rules

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2021 09:40
yes, so the .zip file contains other files which tell the level what segments/entities etc are needed and where they get positioned. the password (you probably already know) is "mypassword". the map.ent is a special file containing the entity positioning. map.way is the waypoint info . Universe.dbo is just the meshes that make up the level and also have the texture file name.

So just so I am understanding , you want to reload this back into FPSC directly?

Should be fairly straight forward if this is correct.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2021 09:45
ok, I think I'm having a dizzy moment.....

to reload the level back into FPSC directly, simply rename the .zip file to .fpm , rename it to whatever you want to call the level and then copy/paste the .fpm to e.g. the mapbank folder of fpsc and voila....

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2021 10:24 Edited at: 20th Jan 2021 10:29
Ok i will give that a try let you know.... yup that worked just have to move the correct entitles back
into correct folders now... very nice fix m8 thank you
PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2021 00:46
Well mmm up to a point... been at it all day,,, when you rename the zip file to .fpm that bit works fine,
However when you open the .fpm it does not load all the items back as they were when the level was saved,
what I mean by this is, when you look in the side pain you will see what is in the list or missing items,
so I went through the texturelist_unique that outputs from autowelder and also the Missing Media List
generated in FPSC when you load the .fpm for the first time.

I tried to replace the items in the correct dir's as it says in the paths of the texturelist_unique & Missing Media List
however it does not work.... So the only thing I can think of is this,,, see the two lists below neither gives the file
path & name of the .x file. I have spent 8 hours trying my best to guess and place were I think the .x file should be
placed and edit the .fpe files accordingly but so fat its a needle in a haystack.

texturelist_unique
See the texturelist_unique file info below sample
texturebank\modernday2\scenery\walls\w_a_ALL_01_d2.dds
texturebank\scifi\scenery\lifts\lift_a\l_a_01_d2.dds
texturebank\modernday2\scenery\floors\floor_a_03_D2.dds
texturebank\modernday2\scenery\floors\floor_a_02_D2.dds

MISSING MEDIA:
entitybank\\Alpha Project\Objects\Screen (Locked).fpe
entitybank\\Alpha Project\Objects\pda.fpe
entitybank\\M3\Pipes\g_pipe_main_joined.fpe
entitybank\\M3\Misc\powbox02.fpe
entitybank\\CorePak 1\cabinet model.fpe
entitybank\\Alpha Project\Scenery\ConTube.fpe
entitybank\\Alpha Project\Scenery\vent1.fpe
entitybank\\Alpha Project\Objects\navpoint.fpe
entitybank\\Alpha Project\Body\Body.fpe
texturebank\scifi\scenery\doors\door_c\door_c_D2.dds
texturebank\scifi\scenery\doors\door_c\door_c_I.dds
entitybank\\CorePak 1\hosp_bed1_t.dds
entitybank\\scifi\wall furniture\lightfix1.png

So I was wondering is there a way with autowelder to generate the path & name of the .x file along with the
texturelist_unique ? as with there being segments & entities I need to know correct dir pathes info for the .fpe

Hope its possible.. Thanks SC
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2021 05:37
Yes of course no problem. I will have a look today and get back to you.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2021 09:02 Edited at: 21st Jan 2021 09:12
So I discovered that when you export the level out with autowelder to GG it creates in FPSC a map.ent file so i opened it in
Notepad++ and got the ,fpe file dir's with the following info... so that kind of helped me track down the .x files sort of but
even after I add the files back in the correct places that i am sure off then reload the level file I renamed from .zip to .fpm
the level is only showing about 20% of the content by the looks of it.

\scifi\furnitureb\storageB.fpe
\scifi\furnitureb\chairA.fpe
\M3\Misc\powbox02.fpe
\Modern Day 2\Items\ceiling fan.fpe
\Modern Day 2\Items\file cabinet.fpe
\CorePak 1\r_bin2 model.fpe
\CorePak 1\cabinet model.fpe
\scifi\wall furniture\light7.fpe
\scifi\furniturea\itemD.fpe
\Alpha Project\Scenery\ConTube.fpe
_markers\win zone.fpe
scifi\scenery\lifts\antigravliftdown.fpe
\Alpha Project\Scenery\vent1.fpe
\Alpha Project\Objects\navpoint.fpe
\Alpha Project\Body\Body.fpe
_markers\trigger zone.fpe

I have added to images 1st image is the level output from FPSC to GameGuru / second image is what the level is showing in FPSC
6th is the content that i has to find from the texturelist_unique & the Missing list that was generated in FPSC when I ran
the level for the first time, the other 3 Images are of some parts of the level interior, just looking you can tell it is missing
loads of the level when you load it up in FPSC. I have added the .fpm file with the files also and the two file lists that was generated
its all free content so not breaking any forum rules.. I'm off to bed now as I have been up for 48 hours straight so need some
recharging, I will check later tonight see what you think with your Big Brain can come up with

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2021 11:00 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2021 07:45
I'm working on v2.6b, but it's actually the EntityWelder that I'm updating as it should produce the FPSC original folder of each entity. thanks for the file(s).

Quote: "I'm off to bed now as I have been up for 48 hours straight so need some recharging,"

blimey not done that since I was a lot younger and very addicted with Playstation 2.

hope to have update soon(ish).
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2021 16:18
Ok thanks m8
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2021 17:45 Edited at: 21st Jan 2021 17:47
Working fine after adding some code to EW. At the moment it creates separate entity related files until I add more complex code but will do for now. Bit more testing then will send u a link via pm
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2021 04:18
Ok matey thanks
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2021 08:09 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2021 08:10
@Super Clark- would you like me to add a "reimport Fpsc level" type function into the tool so it places all the entitiy related files etc back into it's original place rather you doing it manually? If so, I can do this...

Is this useful to anyone else?
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2021 09:19 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2021 09:22
@SuperClark: I will be sending you a PM with the link to a special version just for you (for now). This version is 2.6b.

To get the dumping of entity X file locations to work, ensure you tick the "Include Entities" tick box from Options->Level menu.
The files will be dumped out to the new folder output. All this is subject to change as I need to add more code to get AW to talk more to the EW app which it currently does but not enough info being parsed at the moment. Eventually one file will be generated containing a complete list of x files and their original FPSC paths.

all the best
BOTR
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2021 15:26 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2021 17:12
So i don't know why but just found the file it was in my C:\AutoWelder 2.6b (S.Clark)

but i ran it from my desktop...weird

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files\meshbank\CorePak 1\Objects\cabinet model.x

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... that's better Thank YOU! Mike

PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2021 17:12 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2021 17:32
Well I was correct were I originality placed the all the files.... textures/fpe/.x
Looks like renaming the .zip to .fpm does just that- BUT! once you load that renamed .zip as the
map the file does not read in as the original .fpm map the file structure as it originally must get
corrupted or something not sure but even after making sure all the files are back were they are
supposed to be from the lists the level that gets loaded is not right at all? I tried renaming the
map.fpmb file to map.fpm but fpsc crashes same with universe.dbo renamed universe.fpm
universe.dbu to universe.fpm and so on you get the picture... am I missing somthing? why wouldn't
the the level load properly as renaming the .zip file is the only file that loads but its 95% incomplete???

I have notice none of the text files give any segments information textures/fpe/.x dir information
can this also be added as an output file so I can see if this is an issue also please Mike..

and Is there anyway to check why the map is not loading all the content from the renamed .zip?

/// EDIT been thinking about this that level I sent you one big issue is the Doors they are all unusable so every
section is cut off, so you can not get to the next section in GG. So I tried loading in fragmentation and yup 65555
file to big crap... if it was possible to remove the doors but leave the frames in place that would solve one main issue
with Level output. I wish Fragmotion file size was bigger it would help big time.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2021 20:25 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2021 20:38
As FPSC levels are converted to GG format so they load into GG correctly, there a some differences with the data structures.

Are there any screenshots you can send to help me understand what you are trying to achieve. Are you converting levels then making edits in GG then saving the level the using the fpm zip file to attempt to load back into fpsc? Segments are not used in GG. In fpsc segments are .bin files if I recall
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2021 02:19 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2021 02:22
That .zip file I included is a saved level from a Free Game that was created years ago you can down load from
Starminds Server here > https://starmind3d.weebly.com/fpsc.html all free to use now,,

I tried to record a video but since I updated to windows 20H my screen recorder just crashes,
anyways in simple all the doors on that level I sent you are static no access so you can put a start marker
on one section but you can not get to the other sections because all the doors are closed (static)

So I was trying to see if I could get the file to load again in fpsc so I could edit the doors and set them as
so they will just be door frames then add working doors later in GG.

Why I asked could you some how add a remove sections part in autowelder so i could remove the doors
in their or sections so I could get a small enough section into fragmotion to edit the levels that way, but
as said 65555 issue stops me doing that.

I have also noticed in GG that you can not go through any of the vents as you are blocked like there is
an invisible barrier stopping you,,, but I have seen this issue already in GG in the fixtures folder the vents
are the same unless you rescale the small door half the size again thats is the only way to pass through
the door.

Pictures of Som Of the Static Doors below as well as the level.

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2021 05:47
I get the full.picture now.
GG camera is larger than the fpsc one I believe hence why you cant go through vents. SegAutoWelder has a level scaler which resolved the tiny vents and not being able to pass them. Doors etc would have to be scaled also in GG.

I will be adding a CSG punch to AW soon as possible for both segments and levels. So for static doors you could just smash a hole in them to remove the mesh. You might be able to do it in SegAutoWelder which has a punch tool. Try to load level mesh in that tool and punch hole. For more than one door punch you would have to do same process as the punch tool only let's you do it one at a time.

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2021 09:34
Ok I will give that a try
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2021 08:49 Edited at: 25th Jan 2021 08:56
meant to mention that you can load in either a .x mesh or .dbo e.g. universe.dbo into the punch tool. just use the drop down box from the open dialog gadget and change to .dbo extension. then try punching a hole using a CSG mesh preferably any that came with the level that match the door

Attachments

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2021 10:23
Will have a go at some point, been doing lots of work so my PC need a tidy just had to add a 4TB drive because I ran out of space...
PM
thatandplaygames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2021 16:23
Sorry,
Where are the links to FPI to LUA and autowelder?

Thanks!
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2021 21:18
Making updates , not sure when I will be releasing new links yet.
thatandplaygames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2021 14:48
Thanks Bored of the Rings! I can't find the older version. Thanks!
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2021 15:48
I'll PM you a link to the old version. Thanks for taking an interest.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2021 11:14 Edited at: 19th Mar 2021 17:08
Making updates to AW v2.6d over the coming days/weeks etc.

Tutorial videos are now opened up in your default browser.
Updated the "Files" menu options i.e. only "Quit" is available-other options became redundant.
Thinking about adding HM2GG (cut down or demo version) to the AW app. Only works with GG Classic. Max version will come later depending on how MAX develops with regard to terrain.

Don't forget you can change level settings here:
I recommend exluding lua scripts as some of them are not 100% fully working.

Attachments

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2021 12:57
Cool m8 thanks for the update
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2021 12:28
Entity Welder will be getting an update to use the latest version of DBOFastReader (v0.33). This fixes a lot of issues with DirectX export e.g. limb hierarchy issues, multi-materials/textures and a lot more.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2021 09:23
made the decision to add HM2GG last version to the tools menu of the AutoWelder app. It might be slight cut-down, I will remove the custom smoothness and leave the BlitzTerrain Smoothing option in and remove the ability save out custom terrain as a model, I don't see anyone using this unless anyone shouts.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2021 15:36
AW-updates so far:
1. fixes: user default browser now opens the YT tutorials.
2. removed disused/redundant menu options.
3. added HM2GG v5.3.2 (cut down of 5.3.1) to the tools menu and toolbar with image.
Still to do: implement to the latest version of FASTDBOREADER for exporting of directx

HM2GG v5.3.2:
1. removal of the register key / GUI etc
2. removed export terrain object options from GUI
3. removed custom smoothing options from GUI
4. help videos now link to user default browser

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2021 06:41 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2021 06:44
DBOFastReader code (an enhanced version of DBO2X) has now been implemented into the EntityWelder app which is part of the AutoWelder app. The old code has now been stripped away from EW.
DBOFastReader fixes the issues with the limb hierarchy that I originally had and also can handle EBE/PBR and multimaterial/textured DBOs. There are internal settings which can be tweaked but at the moment only by me. This would mean I will probably have to add some options in AW somewhere at some point in time. Some testing to do then will release and upload link. Hopefully in the next day or 2.
For animated characters e.g. legacy FPSC exported X files, you will most likely have to put them through Fragmotion or similar that can fix the bone weighting issues, this especially applies to GGMax otherwise they come out twisted and odd looking. If your not sure how to do that, I will upload some small pics showing how to do it.

If I find any other issues in AW, I'll aim to fix those also.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2021 14:42
last minute testing has thrown out a little issue with the directx "Material" side. fixing soon and then once I'm happy it's working how it should I need to apply same code to the EWCLI version, which shouldn't take too long.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2021 15:25
material issue now fixed which was a very simple one. Time to move onto the CLI version.

GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
"the ability save out custom terrain as a model"
Nice work. That would be super useful.
How do I order?
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2021 17:32 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2021 17:32
No need to order , next version will be out in next day or two all going smoothly. The download link will be placed on first post Thanks for taking interest.

At some time in near future will be adding an auto updater , I've put it off for far too long cos I get lazy at times ha
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2021 19:02
Great work as usual, very useful tool

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce RTX™ 2070 GAMING OC 8G
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
3840 x 2160 ,60 Hz
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2021 09:33
Version 2.6d now out. Please go to the first post for the download link and info of what has changed.

Please feel free to donate for more further updates. Details on first post.
thanks
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2021 11:58
Thanks for the work BOTR as usual great updated efforts will give the new version a test in a few days as I busy
with home life a.t.m..

Thank you
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2021 16:34
Quote: " Please go to the first post for the download link "
Going there now
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.70 Ghz , 6 Gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64 Passmark score: 3091

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2021 18:10 Edited at: 24th Mar 2021 18:11
@Granada@Super Clark@MK83@donators: Many many thanks for your ongoing support and to anyone who has donated. I really appreciate it.

For the next major update, I hope to get the FPI2LUA updated with a ton more commands etc. Plan to get the CSG punch implemented + a possible revamp of Weapon Welder.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2021 06:12
Guide for the program will be underway soon. It will just contain the "nitty gritty" stuff.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2021 23:12
Fixed issue with EntityWelder+CLI version. Please refrain from using EW in multi file select mode until I upload new EXEs for EW.
thanks. EW in single file mode is fine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 01:16:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 01:16:41