Work In Progress / Dimoxiland Development Blogs.

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2017 22:24

Quick observation:

Making video games is complex meta art where most art forms known to humanity can be combined in a nightmarish technological environment out of complicated code and scripts. ...thats just a pretentious statment I like to make but I do also have a point here.
Many games clearly show that the developer/s where/was good at certain thing and really less talented at others. You are clearly very good at all aspects of game making but I think there is an oversight that would add a ton to the game.

The sound in your videos is immersive and of a high quality, i like it a lot. However, what really grinds my gears are the default footstep sounds. They are very awkward and ...dude, the bother me!

Check the Devblog 02 video! Whenever you move you have these footfall sounds completely unsynced with the camera movement and the sounds themselves are just this shuffeling, sharp "tzz, tzz, tsk, tzz". I'd make replacing those a priority

Just my 2 cents

-Wolf
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2017 08:08 Edited at: 29th May 2017 08:08
I take note of your comment and your suggestions, Wolf.

You're right, I have a problem with the footstep sounds. Right now, I'm a bit overwhelmed but I'll take a look before the next video. thank you very much for your feedback.

-Dimoxinil

Medieval Steveis now on Steam Greenligh.
The most important thing now is help to each other, so we all go to show our support.

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2017 09:46 Edited at: 29th May 2017 09:48
SPACE LOSERS DEVELOPER BLOG

I should first of all like to apologise for the new video delay. I know, I know, I know. I am the worst of the worst.
The game is making good progress.. but I'm a bit overwhelmed. I am convinced that the (replayability)replay value is crucial to the success of the game and I adding new game mechanics to foster this.
In the next video you can see how the maze changes every time the player plays. I'd say, The video will be ready soon.. but knowing my fault history.. I'll be delayed!

THE AMMUNITION.

Today, I'm going to talk to you about de ammunition system.

The player has endless ammunition.. Well, not exactly .. The pool ammo (different for each hero/loser) is self-filled slowly over time. This process can be accelerated in two ways.
1ª Killing enemies. Every time you kill an enemy you get a little ammo, helping the pool in the recharging process.
2ª The ammo dispensers.

These machines are spread throughout the maze. In these dispensers you can fill your ammo and improve the player pool capability by 2 percent for a small fee.

I'm leaving you with a picture of the next video.

Replayability, replayability, replayability.. I have to say it, more.. replayability, replayability.. and meet the deadlines.. arrrrr!!!! I need to sleep.

-Dimoxinil

The most important thing now is help to each other, so we all go to show our support.

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2017 11:43
I adore this card system you have going.

Really looking forward to seeing the new video. I am intrigued as to how you will achieve a procedural map.

Cheers

Jay.

MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2017 08:15
Voted for "Steve" it looks great.
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2017 10:50
@MooKai, thanks for the support! Truly appreciated!

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 08:33 Edited at: 5th Jun 2017 08:34
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the support Jay. Well, I'm sorry to tell you that the random maze not giving me the response that i'd hoped for..That's putting it mildly.

The technique(scripts) works perfectly. The problem has been on the design of the randomly generated maze ways. The players become disoriented and they spent most of the time trying to find their way through the maze. It has been awful to witness how the testers get lost in the maze and lose interest the game gradually, so I'm going to adopt a more traditional approach to the map dessing.

But everything has not been a vale of tears, the others game mechanical work really well.

-Dimoxinil

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 21:08
I could use that booth next to my computer chair sometimes .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2017 11:15
I don't think I ever enjoyed a randomly generated level as much as a handmade one. I'm sure the mazes would be way more engaging if you just make them the old fashioned way

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2017 22:00
what he said times a million. with your beautiful custom media all made to fit together so well, it would be a shame if the levels were not hand crafted with the same love.
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2017 11:52 Edited at: 12th Jun 2017 11:56
Thank you very much for your time and your expressions of support, which have helped me plenty.

I'm leaving you with a couple of pictures that show how I'm facing the changes on map design. Increase open space and adding more splashes of color.

I'll run some test with my guinea pigs as soon as possible, and whether expected results were achieved. Well, I just have a good feeling about with the test.

-Dimoxinil

imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2017 13:48 Edited at: 12th Jun 2017 13:49
do you have an aberration fx? looks like your screenshots have rgb split or "aberration", how have you done that?

Your work is really pro, you need to keep working on it success is at the end of tunel
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2017 14:53
Trippy!! I like these more colorful areas!
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm finding them a little to bright if I'm honest .... I like the earlier pics
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2017 19:14
Quote: "The players become disoriented and they spent most of the time trying to find their way through the maze. It has been awful to witness how the testers get lost in the maze and lose interest the game gradually"

I've use a beeper in my maze level, red light becomes green when player is in the right way, and the number tell in wich maze player is.
Of course player has to solve puzzles or kill certain enemy to gain that beeper as challenge.

hth

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello and thanks for support and feedback.

yes I'm using aberration with a few images and color corrections in all of them. For some unknown reason, when I make a screen capture from the game.. it seems as blue smudge. It need a few repairs.

The colorful areas serves two major functions.

Aº Broke with the monotony of the walls color.
Bº Help the player to orient themselves in the maze.

I understand that these changes are.. a bit abrupt, hope I'm right and you enjoy them.

3com, I find very interesting your game mechanic for guide the player. If you implement these method in your game, I think it could be something quite original.

I'll leave you with a couple of pictures.

-Dimoxinil

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm perhaps its just me .... This one looks amazing !!

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2017 20:17
Quote: "it seems as blue smudge. It need a few repairs."

Yes. If you install reshade and deactivate all the effects, you can use it as a 100% accurate WYSIWYG screenshot app. Just lettin' ya know.
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2017 19:48
Quote: " I find very interesting your game mechanic for guide the player. If you implement these method in your game, I think it could be something quite original."

info
a- Thats really are level1 (maze1), anyway it does the trick.
b- there are not a lot of bad boys, nor level 2, because the long load time+bandicam resources
c- not puzzles, not timers, try to be brief.

I've done something about, this is what I've so far, please notice the beeper, telling you in which maze you are, and if you are in the right way, even with acustic beep...

If you want to go for this way, please let me know.

3com

memory mark 2584.8

PM
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2017 13:56 Edited at: 26th Jun 2017 13:57
Hello everybody and Thank you for your support of the game.

Thank you for your advice Wolf , I appreciate that. I was not familiar with the ReShade Software. I feel most comfortable adjusting the color balance. Thank you all the same.

3com, I see you like my mazes too. At last, I've decided to implement an map, I believe it will be better solution for for the player orientation. just need to check out the Smallg's map script. Thank you for your kind words and the best of luck with your game.

This week, I actually updated the tuorial,new additional areas have been defined, the map has been optimized in some areas (tried to keep within the limits of 300 drawcalls) and additional game mechanics such as jawed traps, have been added.

You step on one of these traps, you'll trapped, unable to move (you can point and shoot your weapon) so you can't get out of here until press the E button several times.

Synchromesh, I hope you like tis picture and if that's not the case, I'll keep trying.

I wouldn't forget to do a new video this time I started working as soon as I post this thread.. well.. The wind carried off the promises.

-Dimoxinil

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2017 21:13
Quote: "I see you like my mazes too. At last, I've decided to implement an map, I believe it will be better solution for for the player orientation. just need to check out the Smallg's map script. Thank you for your kind words and the best of luck with your game."

Yes I like it.
Well I would not call it game, at least not yet, as you can see is more the idea of selling the models to build the game, although my particular way of approaching the issue, has led me to consider developing the game with those assets, I've been working on it for some time.

3com

memory mark 2584.8

PM
Mrs Baird
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2017 15:17
Quote: "disagree, the basic style is popular though and it suits the indie scene fine as you can get away with more than trying to create a super realistic world."

fully agree here to smallG's opinion.

also, I think it is DEFINETLY time for unusual genre-mixes and crossover-breeds. SPACE LOSERS has all of the good stuff to make it stand out in the mass of epigonic game development efforts.

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 4 x CORES / FPUs @3900 MHz - NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti [2 GB] passive cooled - 8GB DDR 3 SDRAM - Win 10 Pro [64 Bit] - Audiosystem: Marian Marc Seraph AD2 - 2 x UAD-2 DSPs
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2017 17:37
How have I not seen this entire thread... this is incredibly impressive work
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2017 19:06 Edited at: 11th Jul 2017 19:12
Hey Game Guru Developers.

Thank you very much for your patience, for your support and encouragements, with every comment my stamina up one point.. Why I keep trying to look cool when I really am a pathetic junkie/loser who can't ever change.

Keeping up with my geeky stuff, I leave you a brand new video I just uploaded. The Dev blog 03, in which you can see in detail the combat sustem , the loser card system and series of changes and evolutions in the gameplay.

I hope you like and you enjoy watching!

-Dimoxinil

lotgd
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2017 22:00
Really professional! Very nice, compliments for the wonderful job!

Pc Specs : Win10pro64bit /Msi Night Elf / i7 7700k / gtx1070 / 16gb ram ddr4 / SSD 850Evo
Laptop : i5 4200u- 8gb ddr3 - Nvidia Gt 920 2gb - 1tb hdd
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2017 17:02
This video contains amazing interactivity. I have legitimately no clue how you got some of these features working. I'm quite amazed!

-Wolf
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 12th Jul 2017 17:42
Superb stuff sir!

Love the card dynamics and graphics too.

Cheers.
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2017 16:02 Edited at: 17th Jul 2017 16:03
Hello to all the Game Guru developers and all onlookers.

I hope you have enjoyed the video and can serve as an inspiration or something similar.

Next video in directX 11
Thanks for your time your feedback.

-Dimoxinil

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2017 16:27
dimoxinil, I love everything about this. Its color-scheme, sounds, atmosphere, level design, UI design, mechanics, interactivity... everything about it. Wonderful work! Will support it through to its completion
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2017 16:47
What Teabone just said. ...and you did inspire me indeed. If you can do this, I should at least be able to do half of it.
This is the prime example of why some projects should be constantly highlighted. I know you have some blue undertones sometimes but I also admire your determination to venture onwards.

-Wolf
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
The HUD and UI is very impressive in this, very hard to see this is even made with GG except maybe the gun.
Keep going
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
JonRobbo
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Jul 2017 11:17
This is ace and reminds me of early PS2 games, i mean that in a good way.
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2017 10:54 Edited at: 24th Jul 2017 10:55
Thanks for your support, guys, really, I mean it. Thanks a lot.

Quote: " If you can do this, I should at least be able to do half of it."

With patience, dedication and time I'm sure you can do it better than me. But I think you should be less ambitious with all your future endeavors.. But that's just one fellow's opinion.

Quote: "
very hard to see this is even made with GG except maybe the gun"

I fully agree with your observation and this is probably an area I have to improve. Game Guru Hardcoded projectiles.. is.. well.. I'd call it a major setback.

Let me introduce a new enemy.. the explosive larva.

When they get near the player produces a distinctive sound/animation before exploding.

They have the same average speed as the regular larva, but they have more endurance.

I'm also working on explosion decal.. you can watch it on the next video.

And that's it for today. Bye bye.

-Dimoxinil

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2017 05:28
Incredible stuff, You have a lot to be proud of.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2017 16:33
The workmanship in this game is obscene - you truly are creating a masterpiece for GG! Well done! I must admit though, I preferred when it had a simpler colour palette with mostly blue and a few sparse colours. Just personal taste though.

Keep up the good work.

AE
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello to all the Guru developers and all curious minds.

Thank you all for your contributions and support, so important to the success of this particular project.

Quote: "preferred when it had a simpler colour palette with mostly blue and a few sparse colours"

I am not entirely satisfied with the result.. I'll keep working on that.

Today I present you with another enemy.. the Bull larvae.

The Bull isn't in the game, not yet.. but this seems like a good point to present to our society.

At this moment I find myself working on the rest areas, which you may recover all your stamina for a very low price. I show it on the following video.

And that's it for today. Bye bye.

-Dimoxinil

imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2017 11:10
hope to see a new video soon
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2017 00:08
Just the current trop craftsmanship on the board.
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2017 09:07 Edited at: 7th Aug 2017 09:10

Like always, I want to start by thanking all your comments and suggestions, makes me feel like I'm not alone in my micro studio.

Quote: "hope to see a new video soon."

If all goes well.. It'll be ready at the beginning of next week, I hope you enjoy it.

Today, I'm going to talk to you about the rest areas..

The rest areas are zones in which you can recover all your stamina points at no charge.

If your stamina points are lower than the maximum points of the chacracer.. You will be able to access to a mini game to recover points lost.

It's a simple game in which the player must simply click on the green stanina icons before it go disappear/explodes. In doing so, the character restore one stamina point.
But this is not as easy as it looks. The green beans (stamina icons) appear in random order and disappear within a few seconds, so as not to ruin the game rhythm.. Not complicated at all.
I like This kind of mini games a lot, enrich the gaming experience. You can see in the next Dev Blog video.

I have finally finished the weapon update mechanics.. so I've begun to update the weapon models of the main chareacters.

And that's it for this week. Bye.. Deica logo.

-Dimoxinil

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2017 12:52
This is such a weird game
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Along with the weapon update perhaps you would also like to play around with this?
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/207801?page=22#msg2584151
lua guide for GG
windows 10
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2017 23:40
Beautiful looking game. Love the concepts of the mechanics of the game play as well.

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline

I know I'm a drag but I shall continue to thank you all for the comments, support and encouragements, please accept my sincere thanks.

Quote: "Along with the weapon update perhaps you would also like to play around with this?"

I follow your thread weekly hoping you post a new script. I studied and analyzed all your scripts. , thank you very much for share your wisdom. Your Kung Fu is very powerful sensei!! The script you suggests me its cool but I'd rather wait until the projectiles are no longer hardcoded... Every day with GameGuru is an adventure. Wait.. I think I could use your projectile sript like a special skill that can recharge with time or.. something similar. . I like the idea.

I will leave you with this video Dev blog 04.. so you'll be able to see the game progress .

I hope you like and you enjoy watching!

-Dimoxinil

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
yh sorry, didnt realise you already have hit numbers, do you do yours with text or decals?
lua guide for GG
windows 10
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2017 02:03
Just awesome!

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2017 03:12
That custom explosion is so artistic and awesome

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2017 17:51
Looking great,i could loose all sense of time playing this one .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2017 11:01 Edited at: 21st Aug 2017 11:02

Thank you very much for giving comments.

Quote: "didnt realise you already have hit numbers, do you do yours with text or decals?"

I use text. The concept is simple but effective, I think.

Quote: "That custom explosion is so artistic and awesome."

it is still an wip. but it is a beginning.

Quote: "i could loose all sense of time playing this one."

This has already happened to me. It happened about a month ago. That is the moment in which you think .. I think I will make it, Then reality snaps you awake like a kick in the teeth.

I am not feeling well.. too many problems for one week. So I'll be brief.

I'd like to introduce Daniel and Anthony. Two space losers.

They are not available from the start, you must unlock then as you make progress in the game.

-Dimoxinil

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2017 23:28
May I ask how exactly you are going to translate the boardgame approach in an FPS game? That seems really foreign to me

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 03:03:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 03:03:35