Work In Progress / Dimoxiland Development Blogs.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2018 19:45
hahaha dang, if only the reflections actually worked. I'm only seeing sky and grass reflected on those floating balls.

so the previous was just a render?
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2018 08:22 Edited at: 1st Mar 2018 12:12
Quote: " hahaha dang, if only the reflections actually worked. I'm only seeing sky and grass reflected on those floating balls.."

That's how the PBR work in GG.. At the moment we don't have local relections availables and and we cannot create local cubemaps for the pbr.. I think.

Quote: "so the previous was just a render?"

Do you mean the pbr images? Those images are GG screenshots. I attach an image of the GG scene.. Look into them if you don't believe me, or don't.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2018 17:48 Edited at: 1st Mar 2018 17:50
I know in way back when Preben was first doing cubemapping there were local reflections.

No idea how to implement them, however
examples: https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/217310
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2018 18:54
i know we can have cubemaps, and with the fact that water can reflect the whole world no problem makes me believe we should be able to assign that same shader to a surface since DX9 gameguru lol

nice work, you had me confused. that little PBR test looks much nicer than the PBR in your WIP screenshot. I think your game's "PBR" would be greatly benefited by more detailed albedos, and increased roughness/bumpiness shown in the pic
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2018 14:22
Nice!

I knew that if one user was really going to use the PBR in his game for good measure it would be you.
I really disliked your project visually before. Flat undefinable surfaces, colours bleeding into each other...it was just jarring...everything kinda looked likethis to me and had this unity game student look to it. I always saw the superb talent and dedication in your project and the herculean willpower to make it in GG, especially in its earlier incarnations but it was never my cup of tea BUT the PBR overhaul makes it look really appealing. It adds depht and texture to it and instead of looking like some hipsters unity project it now looks like walking around in a cartoon or your childhood toys. The plasticity you managed seems like you can reach in and touch the objects... I'm very impressed by this.

There is no visible distinction between yours and studio work of the same type.

I now want to play the game, to experience it rather than to analyze how it works and learn from it.

-Wolf
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2018 21:39
Quote: "I really disliked your project visually before. Flat undefinable surfaces,
"

I actually didnt mind it but i think it might be due to nostalgia.

Must say though, that latest screenshot is superb
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2018 09:42 Edited at: 13th Mar 2018 09:44
Well, here we are again.

Thanks for your support of the game here and in your blog, Bolt Action Gaming.

Quote: "I think your game's "PBR" would be greatly benefited by more detailed albedos, and increased roughness/bumpiness shown in the pic"

I agree with you Bugsy. I'm still working on it. I think you will like the progress.

Thanks for yor comment Wolf.At the beginning of the commnet I felt Like you slapped me, but as I advanced through the comment.. Wow.. It has been great!! It has been an injection of spirit and enthusiasm in my journey.

Quote: "I actually didnt mind it but i think it might be due to nostalgia."

I am in the same boat, Teabone.

Let me again mention my appreciation of the support.

Loser guy diary vol 7.5.[b]

Here is another development update, this time with more pictures. I know that no one read what I write.. well.. I couldn't do it either.

Hello to all the developers and all curious minds. So, what have I been up to these past few weeks?

First of all.. I already have a final logo.. yes.. It's just like the other seven times. The logo is a bit retro, but I like it.
No more words, time to show the final result.

Moving on to other issues. GameGuru has updated its render engine to DirectX11 with PBR (Physically-Based Shading), so I'm taking advantage of this to update the graphic appearance of the game.. more delays.. Great!!
The point is preserve the appeal of the game but without renouncing to the new possibilities.. I give you a sample of Space Loser in DirectX11 with PBR.

The appearance of the Space losers and and their weapons has been updated in order to sake of consistency with the eviroment update. So far, I've only managed to update one character and his weapon..
Here's a final sneak peek and please keep in mind that everything is subject to change.. or not.

OK, so what's next?

New enviroment.
New enemies.
New Boss.
Update More Characters.
Update More weapons.
Update card mechanics.

It feels like I'm updating for the rest of my life.

Thanks for reading and hopefully we'll see you around here soon!
And that's it all for now. Deica logo.

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 13th Mar 2018 12:01
Keep going you'll get there

I had similar thoughts I think ... "to PBR or not to PBR, that was my headache". Landed on PBR also

Cheers.
SpaceWurm
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 13th Mar 2018 12:20
I never really thought it was possible to improve the art style you've moved forward with in Space Loser. But PBR really has improved the graphic fidelity. Well done so far!
Youtube.com/c/Landmanhd1080p - LandmanHD Youtube Gaming Channel | chrislandman.mypixelbox.net - My Design Portfolio | Artrift.com - Digital Art Community
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2018 23:03
NOW i am REALLY liking the looks of this. glad to see gameguru PBR will be used for something proper!
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh Bummer I was hoping not to have to wait longer but after seeing the screenshots PBR it has to be
That's just amazing
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2018 03:33
Okay... I'm sold on the new PBR models. This is defiantly a good look for Space Losers
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Talented, and a great project. Unique with lots of punch.
Hope that stable build is just around the corner for us all
Define R4, i5, 16g, R9 290
PM
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2018 12:09 Edited at: 16th Apr 2018 12:10
First of all I apologize to those of you who had been following the game development.. I might have to respond to your questions much faster, but I have a very difficult time explaining in english.. I know that I'm a mess sometimes or all.

Quote: ""to PBR or not to PBR, that was my headache". Landed on PBR also"

I believe you've had the right decision. The Cogwheel Chronicles looks pretty good. Flying Ships.. is really cool.

Quote: "PBR really has improved the graphic fidelity."

I'm more comfortable with the pbr over time, but there is still some way to go, Landman.

Quote: "i am REALLY liking the looks of this"

Direct Action 2 seems cool too. I really look forward to seeing some gameplay.

Quote: " I was hoping not to have to wait longer but after seeing the screenshots PBR it has to be"

Thanks synchromesh.. Are you going to bring out another a some of your demo videos using pbr? It'd be great.

Quote: "This is defiantly a good look for Space Losers"

Thanks Teabone for the comment and for always being there.. by the way. Your Swimming post is great, I have been rooting your advance.

Quote: "Hope that stable build is just around the corner for us all"

I too.. but.. I'm not as optimistic as you, Defy.. On certain days everything goes wrong and it looks like I'm never going to finish this game. You know the struggles with the AI.

Dev blog 7.75

Loser guy diary vol 7.75.

Hello to all the developers and all curious minds.
Its been a few weeks since I have posted but now is a good a time as ever to jump right back into it.

You need one day to save your ass.
As the the Player progress down the maze, the night falls. The payer always starts the game in the morning, and as you advance.. time passes.
For example, the second game environment happens in the afternoon. That did not affect the gameplay structure, only The iluminación and the skybox change.. but This makes the game more immersive, or so I thought.

Every time The player finish with a boss, will be given access to the village. Where the player will be able to accept challenges or hiring the services of a partner.
The village is divided into two parts. The first area will be accessible from the beginning, while the second one will only be accessible by nightfall.

The fisrt half village has been added to the game. This is still work in progress.. but it is playable.

The first partner has become, I'd like you to meet Joe.

The player may contract the services of a partner everytime you access to the village.
Benefits.
They have powerful weapons.. shotguns, machine guns, etc..
Disadvantages.
It is not free. Then you must actually pay a lot of energy cells for them.
They had a small ammunition, and they can only get more ammo if you get dealt the right card.
The damage they take is applied to the player.

I know that no-one read my devblogs.. Here's an little chef recipe:
For Over-Easy or Over-Hard Eggs: HEAT 2 tsp. butter in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
BREAK eggs and SLIP into pan, 1 at a time. IMMEDIATELY reduce heat to low.
COOK SLOWLY until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 5 to 6 minutes. SLIDE turner under each egg and carefully FLIP it over in pan. COOK second side to desired doneness. SPRINKLE with salt and pepper. SERVE immediately
You didn't expect it.. That's one point for me.

OK, so what's next?

Create the Dialogue system.
Update the menu.
Update the partner system.
Build the rooms for the second environment.
Update card mechanics.
Create the Boss for the second environment.
Update the code for the new enemies.

Thex Dev Blog will be a new video.. Well.. I hope that.
Thank you for your time and hopefully we'll see you around here soon!
And that's it for now. Deica logo.

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2018 17:17
Its looking great

Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2018 20:11 Edited at: 16th Apr 2018 20:26
Love the recipe

You should know I read all the major dev updates here (yours is one of them) and will cover them in my weekly report. Yours got covered today (I have to publish it yet but it'll be in there).

I should also mention my blog gets a fair amount of views (vastly more than on blogger, really) over at gamedev.net - so that crowd will get a good idea of your work as well.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2018 22:38
Wow, wow, and wow.
Looking great.
Nice work.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your support your time, guys.

Quote: "Its looking great"

Thanks Teabone.. well I do what I can..

Quote: "Love the recipe"

lol.. I thought nobody would notice.. An I am one those that follow your blog.. Mike aka Bolt-Action Gaming .

Quote: "Looking great."

Thank your for your words and your pieces of work Guru master.

Dev blog 7.77

Loser guy diary vol 7.77.

Hello to all the developers and all curious minds.

Weekly update.

I've realized that the villagers and the colleagues felt quite out of date.. So I've decided to update them. I've created several heads and body props in order to have more variety of villagers.

I updated the characters menu. I have removed a lot of useless information and now it's more appealing than before.. Or so I've chosen to believe.

I've also been working on a dialog system. The villagers have their own language which clearly you don't understand.. but.. There's always a word that you can make out.

For example, in the next image the villager is trying to tell you that he'll give you a reward if you get him a particular flower or.. He might be telling that these flowers are dangerous and that he'll give you a reward if you destroy them, .

Thank you for your time and hopefully we'll see you around here soon!
And that's it for now. Deica logo.

SpaceWurm
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 24th Apr 2018 15:12
Love the variety of new villages. Can't wait to see that dialogue system in action!
Youtube.com/c/Landmanhd1080p - LandmanHD Youtube Gaming Channel | chrislandman.mypixelbox.net - My Design Portfolio | Artrift.com - Digital Art Community
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 25th Apr 2018 23:54
Awesome . Great work.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2018 01:04
I can't get over how much better this is looking with PBR shaders. I think this may be the only gameguru project to see any benefit from them for a while
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2018 14:41 Edited at: 14th Jul 2018 14:48
I FOUND IT

About a month ago, I started noticing that the player mobility worsened as we move forward in the game. It's almost impossible to play.
I started runing every test imaginable.. With time I discovered that it was related to the character entities. Every time the player faced a new deal of enemies the player mobility worsened. Use PlaySound(e,v) in a significant number of characters alter the player movement.

I thought it was a error in my code. I reviewed several times my Lua scripts and I didn't find the problem.

This last Friday I found and insolate the problem..

Any time a new character use the Lua commnad PlaySound(e,v).. give an bug in the engine. At first almost imperceptible, but with each new spawed character using PlaySound(e,v).. the player mobility worsened.

And this may seem strange, but...

I made a video to better understand them.

1º I turn around a concrete girder.. all ok
2º A bunch of zombies use the Lua commnad PlaySound(e,v).

This is the simple script used in the zombies:

if g_Entity[e]['activated'] == 1 then
SetActivated(e,2)
PlaySound(e,0)
PlaySound(e,1)
PlaySound(e,2)
PlaySound(e,3)
PlaySound(e,4)
end

3º I turn around a concrete girder.. again.

Now you can appreciate the deterioration of the player mobility.

I know this might sound strange, but.. I have had a great deal of trouble to find this bug.

Now we can move on to the next step.. yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Attachments

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2018 17:12 Edited at: 14th Jul 2018 17:15
not happening for me, can see your frame rate is staying 60 so not sure why you're getting a stutter there, definitely not right.

i edited your scripts so you can keep pressing e to reloop the sounds, even after like 30x playing sounds it still feels normal here.
i'm going to assume you have already verified your GG so next i would suggest a driver check in the meantime, perhaps your sound card has an issue?
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11

Attachments

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
I am going to prove all your suggestions.

Thanks smallg.

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2018 19:34 Edited at: 14th Jul 2018 21:08
yep ..

it could be an issue with de audio/video card. if I disable all audio out devices in windows 10.. the problem disappears.

I have a nvidia gtx 980 with 4gb .. it is updated and I have no problems with the audio from other applications or games.

This is going to be hell..

Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2018 10:09
Such a beautiful and bright game, great work, very unique. A GameGuru showcase for sure here.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics.
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Tarkus1971.. Now I'm completely taken by a GameGuru audio problem, but I hope to upload new content soon.

About the sound error ..

The problem affects only to the 3d sounds.

In other words, the wav(mono) files used by engine that sound in the entity position associated with the sound.

For example, with ogg(stereo) files there is no problem.. C'est la vie

Is anyone else having this issue?

Slaur3n
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2018 13:05
Wait what, I got that same problem aswell when testing.. I got W10 and Geforce GTX 1070
Visit our FB site and like
https://www.facebook.com/crowhillstudiosofficial
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2018 14:47 Edited at: 15th Jul 2018 14:49
The mono .wav file error is a problem for me sometimes too, the soundbinau.lua I use works OK, but like lighting, we do need a proper audio system in place with an audio equivalent of spotlighting but for sound, to "point" a sound in a direction. Maybe something do do with audio queues not getting flushed. Im also getting GG losing the audio focus, IE: randomly GG will not produce any sounds, footsteps, music, nothing, restarting GG fixes that problem.

I have W10 64bit, GTX970 vid card and am running audio on a creative Z sound card OR through my Novation Ultranova's built in PC audio interface dedicated for music production.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics.
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2018 17:14 Edited at: 15th Jul 2018 17:26
Thanks for answering..

Quote: "Wait what, I got that same problem aswell when testing"

I don't feel so alone. Thanks Slaur3n.. infinite thanks.

Quote: "randomly GG will not produce any sounds, footsteps, music, nothing, restarting GG fixes that problem"

That happens with me quite often. Especially when I test the same map/scene repeatedly.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2018 03:56
quite an interesting find. I will keep this in mind and keep sounds to a minimum!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 14:34:04
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 14:34:04