Third Party Tools / Normalizator Utility

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2017 12:04 Edited at: 3rd May 2017 12:11
Hi all

Hi @OldPMan I hope you are well

Where can I find this on the steam store. When I search Normalizator it comes up with nothing. The link you posted above in reply to Belidos says "That item does not exist. It may have been removed by the author."

EDIT: Never mind, got there now: liked, added to wish list, and commented again for you!

Hope it goes well for you man!

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi @reliquia ! Yes, you're right, as it turned out it was a link to the statistics of the project, I mistakenly posted it. I apologize.

Here is the right link -http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889334510

And yes, for some reason the project can not be found with the help of a search, I do not know why this happens ... It can be seen in the list of new publications.
Thank you for your vote and comments.
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2017 20:20 Edited at: 22nd May 2017 20:20
A small video with a demonstration of a new NORMALIZATOR test.
Within 48 hours NORMALIZATOR will be available for download.

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2017 20:59
Very very cool OldPMan , just gets better all the time.Still waiting on spare funds for this,but its on my buy list great job.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2017 09:22
this is looking fantastic, look forward to the update.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Granada ! Thanks, I'm trying. In my plans there are still many improvements for this software and I need several people to test the new functionality, do you want to participate? Write me a PM.

Hi Bored of the Rings ! I hope that tomorrow I will post a new version in the store. All those who donated for development will receive letters with voucher codes for downloading from the store.

And here is another small video.
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone!
NORMALIZATOR is available in the store - https://www.tgcstore.net/product/30024
Please give me 24 hours to create a guide. Very little time.
All who are in my donators list, today will receive the voucher codes.

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 24th May 2017 12:43
That's awesome OldPMan, i'll being looking forward to trying out the new features

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2017 14:17
OldPMan, good to hear from you again. This tool is looking real cool.

Great work, hope you do well with it.

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Belidos !
Hi reliquia !
All voucher codes for sponsors of the project were sent by e-mail.
I beg to let me know if there are any problems.
Now I'll take a look at the description.
I apologize for my non-sequencing.
Tomorrow I will show a guide for "NORALIZATOR"
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2017 21:10
@OldPman-thanks for the voucher, I've downloaded the program and working with the tool now. It's awesome. thanks again, will be using this a lot.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Bored of the Rings !
Excellent! Thanks for the feedback!
I'm very pleased with this release, even though the "SteamGreenlight" share is still unsuccessful.

By the way, can anyone go to this link to check if it works to add "Like" to the product page - https://www.tgcstore.net/product/30024/like/toggle
I copied this link directly from the button.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2017 21:42 Edited at: 24th May 2017 21:42
Awsome got the code thanks ... But never used one on the store ?
At what point does it ask you to enter it ... I have got to the Pay Now but haven't seen anywhere to enter it yet ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi synchromesh !
You can redeem vouchers at this url - https://www.tgcstore.net/redeem
Use it.
By the way, thank you for the comment on Steam. The process of "Greenlight" was heavily delayed. It's frustrating.
But I am pleased with this release in the store TGC.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks OldPMan got it !!
Excellent work !!
PM
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2017 22:09
I will need the guide, but the first playing around with it already gave me some great results. awesome work!!
AMD FX 8Core @ 4GHZ - 16 GB DDR4 - 2xRadeon7950 - Windows 7 Ultimate
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Ertlov !
I agree that you need a manual for full understanding. Tomorrow I will do it first.
And now I need to sleep.
Write your questions, do not hesitate, this will help me write the guide faster.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2017 23:16 Edited at: 24th May 2017 23:40
What have you done to it OldPMan?

This isn't the tool I've been enjoying since you introduced it.

The GUI is completely different and makes no sense, and to be honest looks very rough, the old GUI looked really flash and was easy to navigate.

I can't find where to import the model now, has that been removed? I used that more than anything before.

In fact i can't find any of the tool that were in it before. Where's the seamless tool gone? Where's the light direction control? Where are the presets?

Also all of the sliders can be slid all the way over to the other side of the screen.

This is not good mate, what have you done? It was almost perfect how it was, you just needed to add the weight painting etc.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2017 02:56 Edited at: 25th May 2017 03:03
I must be missing something, I redeemed the code sent to me (thanks OldPMan), and the message said it is in my library. Is there a store library, and if so where is it?

EDIT: Duh!, never mind - found it - must need more coffee!!!

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2017 03:38
OK, I hesitate to write this because I know you have put so much effort into this tool, but I agree with @Belidos.

One of the best features of the previous version was having the imported model to see how it all looks. And could not find where that functionality is now hidden.

Hopefully we are just blind, and with the help of the manual we can get on top of it all

That said, the old version didn't need a manual - I found it intuitive, and easy to see what to do.

I must admit I was surprised (actually disappointed really) by the new interface, the old one worked very well, and was a joy to work with, and as Belidos said was 'almost perfect', it just needed a few tweaks here and there, and a few new features.

I have Quixel Suit and ShaderMap, which are both excellent tools, but Normalizator was so simple and intuitive, yet powerful enough, that it was easily the tool I preferred to use. Which sadly I can't say at the moment

Sorry to say all this OldPMan, but I agree with Belidos, I too feel that this isn't the tool we have been using previously.

However I do really appreciate you work, and look forward to the manual.

Best Regards
Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2017 05:20
Yup, as reliquia said, we appreciate all the effort you've put into this, and I'm still backing you 100%, but despite the added painting features this actually feels like a step backwards to me.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Belidos ! Hi reliquia !
I agree that this is not exactly a simple tool as it was earlier.
Give me another 5-6 hours and I'll tell you how to use it.
In fact, this tool is more flexible and more functional than the previous one. Do not hesitate to get angry and ask questions, this motivates)))

Now I go to daily work, there I have free time and I will talk about the new interface.

Now I can say, in the old instrument there were only two laeyers for normals that could be mimxed.
The new tool now has 5 layers for each of the channels - diffuse,normal,specular,selfillumination.

You broke up too early. Quite little time and I'll explain everything.
And now I have to make my way to the workplace.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2017 08:03 Edited at: 25th May 2017 08:06
I completely understand where you're coming from mate, and there's nothing wrong with the features you have added, i love the multiple layering, and i love the normal painting, no issues there.

It's just that the major selling point for me, and i'm sure it was the same for Reliquia too, was the lovely, clean, professional, and intuitive GUI you had.

It was easy to use, and you didn't need to learn how to use it because it was right there in front of you, you just loaded the model, loaded the texture, then adjusted the sliders and bam you had your texture ready to export.

Now you have to add the first diffuse layer, add a picture to it, add the first normal layer, add the filters you want, then make your adjustments, then add the first specular layer, then add each filter you want, not to mention the missing model loader.

Also the circular lighting scroller was really useful, it really helps to check that the normals were bumping right, not sure why that's gone.

It would have been better if you had kept the old GUI and added to it, because to be honest, the current one looks very rough and temporary, and i'm sure it's one of the things the steam crowd will pick up on, they'll see the old videos, like it and buy it, then see the new GUI and jump on the refund wagon.

What i would have done is have two sets of tabs, in the top row have Diffuse, Normal, Specular, Illumination, Paint, then in each tab have tabs for the layers, and in each layer a tick box to turn it on or off, with each tab having the sliders like they were originally instead of having to add each slider manually.

Please don't take any of what i say personally, you are doing a great job with all the features, but it just feels like where the user interface is concerned you've gone from awesome to something thrown together to test with, i'm not trying to put your work down, i just want you to be the best you can so that it will be a success, especially on steam where the user base can be very fickle.

Also, in the new UI, all of the sliders are broken, they don't stop sliding at the end of the slider, you can literally drag them all the way off the right hand side of the screen.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2017 08:13
tried to "like" it but get error "Whoops, looks like something went wrong." Will try again later. excellent work oldPman.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2017 10:08
Importing models is not implemented in this version yet ,OpMan said that would be in the next version.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2017 11:40 Edited at: 25th May 2017 11:41
To move the light source, just click CNTRL key and drag the mouse.
To draw on a certain layer of the required channel, you need to select the channel and layer on the "O" tab, activate the "PAINT" button and you can draw on the selected layer.
During drawing, the texture in the original form is displayed on the object of the specified channel and the selected layer without using any filters.
To simply see the source texture of the selected channel and layer, you can press "SPACE" key.
And yes in the next day or two will be added import models for the preview.
As it turned out, today I have a very busy day at work and have little free time.
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2017 11:41
Nah, not angry OldPMan, just constructive criticism (I hope anyway)

Yeah, as Belidos says:
Quote: "It's just that the major selling point for me, and i'm sure it was the same for Reliquia too, was the lovely, clean, professional, and intuitive GUI you had.

It was easy to use, and you didn't need to learn how to use it because it was right there in front of you, you just loaded the model, loaded the texture, then adjusted the sliders and bam you had your texture ready to export. "

I must admit I have not had a real play with it yet, (just a little busy atm - knee-deep in T4 making cumulus skyboxes), but I have to say wasn't even enticed to want to play with it.

The interface of the previous versions needed no manual - the whole experience just had a really professional feel - simple, intuitive, powerful, not to mention getting the end result quickly - it invited you to play and experiment.

I actually feel really bad about saying all this, and I too am 100% with you.

Best Regards
Reliquia....

aka OldFlak
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2017 13:51
Quote: "To move the light source, just click CNTRL key and drag the mouse."

See, this is what i'm talking about. With the old GUI, it was there in front of you, you just dragged it around, but now you have to use a short cut.

PLEASE don't start filling it with shortcut keys, people hate shortcut keys, you just have to look at peoples responses to Blender on here to see that, it's the most common complaint about Blender. I'm ok with them personally, in fact i prefer them, but a lot of people will not learn shortcuts, they like obvious controls and menu selections, if you start adding short cuts instead of controls/menus i think you will start losing potential customers.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2017 17:07
Honestly, I can live with shortcuts and non-intuitive menus. I don't like them, but I can accept them, as long as the documentation is bullet-proof. That is my current problem.
AMD FX 8Core @ 4GHZ - 16 GB DDR4 - 2xRadeon7950 - Windows 7 Ultimate
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for waiting. At the moment I stayed at work and most likely I will spend the night in the workplace.
I just finished the first version of the description.
Now I'll do some improvements and implement the possibility of importing the model. It's good that the working project is always with me.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2017 22:19
Thanks ,I am sure I will get used to the new layout.nice explanation in the PDF.

Davr
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2017 22:51 Edited at: 28th May 2017 21:59
@Granada , yes, you not only get used to it, but you will also understand that what you can do with the current tool you could never do with the previous version of the software. You will also understand that it would not be possible to implement all this in the interface of the previous version.
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2017 09:46 Edited at: 29th May 2017 09:48
Hi !

Today I uploaded a new version of the software.
Uninstall the old version and download the updated installer.
In the new version, you can import models.
Save and load projects.
Projects can be exchanged, they do not have a binding to the computer, hard disk or the installation directory of the software.
You can send the project to a friend by e-mail )))

By the way, I did not write in the description how to delete the layer. I'll fix it soon.
You need to select the channel - D, N, S, I, then click on the desired layer and press "DELETE" key on your keyboard.

Regards
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi!
Who can test my project shown in the video, I will be very grateful. Project in the attachment to the post.
Just to check that the project normally works on another computer.

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2017 16:24 Edited at: 30th May 2017 16:35
I can try and find some time to test. I'm getting familiar with the tool at the moment as it's a very useful tool for me.

[update-seems to work fine my end, let me know if there is anything specific you want me to test]
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2017 18:29 Edited at: 30th May 2017 19:09
Thank you for checking. So far this is all that interested me, at the moment. I will be grateful if you will inform me when you find some mistake in the application that breaks it. At the moment I have a lot of ideas for software enhancement, but before moving on I need to make sure that everything works well.
Thank you for checking again.

By the way, I'm looking for information that will help me realize the import of the ".fbx" model in "normalizator". If you know something similar, tell me in which direction to move.
Thank you.

EDIT:
It looks like the software is not suitable for animated "skinmesh".
And errors occur in any actions in channel "N". You can see this bag in attached image.
I think that I will have to add a separate shader for this type of models. It did not occur to me to check the software with this type of objects. I'm very grateful to Lee for discovering my mistake.
I'll try to fix this problem for the next update.

Attachments

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2017 20:26
@ OldPMan
Great work so far!

Unfurnatelly I'm running into install issues, see pic below.

I've tried all my best, even running installer with administrator privileges; with not to avail.

I have not that issue with previous versions; perhaps if user can choose the destination path might help.

Two versions can coexist without problems?

I've very old version installed, does this make the difference?

As addiction, I've unistalled previous version before installing, as you pointed above.

You can notice I can't set "run this program as administrator", via properties panel, because it's grayed out, as you can notice in the pic above.

3com

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey.
I see your problem. Tell me, did the "UAC" message appear with the question of allowing the program to make changes ?
I have a laptop with Windows 7 at home.
At work, Windows 10.
Not on one of the computers this problem.
On both computers during installation or uninstallation, "UAC" displays a message with the question - "Allow the program to make changes?"
Do you have this happening ?
In the attachment you can see a screenshot of my "UAC panel".
Can you tell what level of "UAC" you have?

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2017 21:31
Yes ,probably a good idea to turn UAC off if you have it on.

anyway, for FBX import/export, I recommend getting to grips with the FBX SDK. See screenshot below.

Attachments

OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
BOTR . thanks.
FBX SDK, it looks like this is exactly what I need.

About the UAC.
Strangely enough. My setup works correctly even at the highest level of the UAC. Perhaps the problem is in something else? Does anyone have a problem with the installation?
My installer was created using "WIXtoolset". Maybe I need to take a look at some other.
Still, it seems to me that any installer files ".msi" can not be started with administrator rights, this option is not available by default.

@3com, can you try to raise the level of the UAC to the maximum?
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2017 13:55
@ OldPMan
Yes, I've my UAC config like you, even I've try a maximun level, nothing change here.
And yes, I get the msg about "Allow the program to make changes?", I say yes, but not to avail.

I think has nothing to do with admin privileges, since I'm not very fan about BOTR suggestion:

Quote: "Yes ,probably a good idea to turn UAC off if you have it on."

Anyway I had disabled completely for testing purpose, but the issue remain.

What's about to allow user choose the install destination?

3com

memory mark 2584.8

PM
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2017 14:19 Edited at: 31st May 2017 15:12
@3com
It seems that I will have to use another non-WIX installer. In the meantime, I will send you a link for downloading the archive without the installer.
Check the PM

EDIT:
If anyone wants to test several projects here is a link = https://yadi.sk/d/c8eA3LQ43JhYSn to the archive here 10 projects shown on the video.

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2017 17:11 Edited at: 31st May 2017 17:18
@ OldPMan
Quote: "It seems that I will have to use another non-WIX installer"

maybe does not.
About administrative privileges:
https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/4848
https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/5481

If you want to try a new one:
ICE Breaker

Quote: "In the meantime, I will send you a link for downloading the archive without the installer."

Ty mate for the support.

It allows me to discovery what's the cause might be, since I'm getting "IDP Generic Infection" advise via Avast antivir.
Don't panic!, this is a false positive:

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=197704.0
https://steamcommunity.com/app/449960/discussions/0/133258593386977838/

And Normalizator.exe is a clear/safe file:

Take a look to the behaviour info tab, it might be interisting for you.

I'm going to create exclude rules for that file in avast antivir, I'll report the results here.

I think that issue prevent to write in c:, and thown the error msg, so install process fail. so nothing to do with WIX installer, thought.

3com

memory mark 2584.8

PM
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
@3com
A lot of information here, thank you. Now I'm going home and will be and when I'm in place I'll watch it carefully.
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2017 13:54
@ OldPMan
I already did some exclude rules in avast for the normalizator.exe file, and now it work ok, even the desktop link as well.

I've pm you.

3com

memory mark 2584.8

PM
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool icon. Thanks.
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
And back picture, cool too.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
GREENLIT !!
Congratulations !!
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2017 21:27
Quote: "This software has been Greenlit by the Community!"

Congrats mate, well deserved!!!

3com

memory mark 2584.8

PM
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2017 05:52 Edited at: 9th Jun 2017 05:53
Thank you all for congratulations! Hooray !!!
Now the process of filling in the required documentation, preparing a new release. I think it will take several days. As soon as Steam checks the tax information about me (it may take up to 30 days), the software will be available.
I'm so glad that it finally happened. Thank you all for your support, comments and suggestions regarding this software.

Today's a great day !!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 20:58:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 20:58:31