Third Party Tools / Normalizator Utility

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi seppgirty !
Confirmed ! I have received your donation. Thank you for your attention to my project.

Quote: "Just so you know.. IORBIT MALEWARE FIGHTER detects a trojan when i start it."

Interesting information. I have not yet received from anyone of these warnings.
Most likely this is a bug IObit. What do I know about IObit, is that IObit still under development. My software tested several different antivirus engines.
I think that you do not need to worry. I hope you will find useful my tool and I see screenshots of your best texture. Thanks again.

Regards.
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Someone "MakariiKalashnikov89" leave a comment with a link to the file on the site,
I get a warning from the Google Chrome browser that the site contains malware. I have forbidden an opportunity to file comments more such situations do not arise.
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Greetings! I'm looking for a description of the algorithm conversion normal maps in height map. I am and I can not find. If something comes across at him, let me know please.
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Since we have moved to a new page thread, I repeat.
NORMALIZATOR has been updated and added new features.
I also ask for donations for the output the application in SteamGreenlight.
The following is a quote from the first post in the thread.

Quote: "For me, fell on hard times and I can not afford to spend $ 100 on SteamGreenlight, on that request assistance in the form of PayPal donations for the output the application in SteamGreenlight.
If you have a desire to help me, here is the link for donations -"

It has raised $ 35 from $ 100.
Thanks for the donations:
Belidos , seppgirty

https://www.paypal.me/OldPman
Regards.
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
$42 collected.
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2016 10:36
Just used this for the 1st time oldpman, wow this is excellent. Has anyone done an in depth tutorial, some bits are a little confusing as Im not a 3D modeller.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth.
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Tarkus1971! I am currently finishing up "Help.pdf". So that soon all will be described in detail.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 23rd Oct 2016 12:23
Great thing about this software is if you just want a quick normal and specular map that works, you don't even need to change any of the default settings, you only really need to change settings if you're really fussy about details, oldpman has done a great job of this.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2016 12:35 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2016 12:36
Quote: "$42 collected"

Well done OldPMan,i will be helping with this when i get my next draw.As a selfe employed person i get paid as work progresses,sometimes that not often (so i no what its like to be waiting for money to come in) Good luck with this ,the tool is worth it.

Dave
PM
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you all for your feedback.
Here's a look I made a small "Help.pdf", there are a few tips, but tell me why there is not enough, my eyes clouded already.

Regards.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2016 19:50
Very nice OldPman,clear and easy to read.looks good to me.

Dave
PM
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Dave
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2016 23:49
Thanks for the pdf.
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.Intel core i5-2300cpu @2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
RAM 16 gb G-Skill G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory

AMD Radeon HD 6670. ASUS Radeon HD 6670 DirectX 11 EAH6670/DIS/1GD5 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card. 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5
Memory Size
1GB
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 00:41 Edited at: 27th Oct 2016 00:43
Just donated as promised
Good luck on Greenlight ..... BTW.. what will be the difference from this version ?
If its going to be exactly the same to start with maybe you should set a time to stop giving this away ....
Call this the Beta test ending

Of course if its greatly enhanced I would buy it anyway on steam ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
@seppgirty

@synchromesh .Confirmed. Thank you for your donation.
Even closer to the goal. I have a few more ideas to expand the functionality of this utility. I plan to implement them before the release of Steam, but you will not need to buy it, I think that for those who made a donation, I'll give a few copies of the utility.

Regards.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 08:05 Edited at: 27th Oct 2016 08:09
Sounds great Oldpman, i'm glad you're getting closer to your target, i'm really hoping you will succeed.

Some ideas to throw around for when you put it on steam to differentiate it from what you've given away here:

Height/Bump maps, reflection maps, occlusion maps, metal maps etc. I know we don't use it in GameGuru, but ultimately if you're putting it on steam you will want to cater for a larger audience, other engines use these maps, so the more you can offer the more likely people are to buy.

A nice feature i would love to see that i haven't seen in a mapping program yet: The ability to mark out areas of the map and assign illumination mapping to them, with sliders and scales to set the intensity of the illumination etc.

Even as it is, the quality of the software on par with many of the quite expensive map software out there already, you've done a great job, AND it's simply just easier to use than most of them. What you have so far has literally cut my work flow down but about a third, it's so much quicker to get models ready for games with this software.

Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Belidos! Thank you for your attention to utility and thinking on its further development, I appreciate these comments, it gives me confidence that the program can be really helpful for someone.

Yes you are right about the fact that I have to make available the ability to create occlusion maps and reflection maps. I'm in a quandary about occlusion, I still have not found the description of the algorithm of creating occlusion maps on the basis of the normal map. (Actually I found something kind of information, but I still do not understand it enough to realize)
And you are right , it really helps to expand the audience of users.

Regarding the allocation of areas for the creation of illumination maps, I already have experience in this area. I also plan to allow simple editing of source images for NORMAL A, NORMAL B, Specular by simple brush (color, burn, dodge, blur, sharp) . I want to give an easy image editing to the user can correct some of the flaws in the original image if it is necessary, and that would not need to use other drawing programs, for not hard work.

I also plan on the possibility of adding to the NORMAL A, NORMAL B, Specular, additional detail maps for bringing something like scratches or extra shine, which will in baked for result output maps.

Sorry for my english is not my native language. Ask me if I confused you with my text.
MStockton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 09:53
I have just used it for a few minutes and I am really impressed already. I have my own little hole to climb out of but hope to donate soon. I'd love to see you get this on the market. Thanks and good luck!
I'll add an avatar and a real signature someday. I think...
PM
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Pete and Pete !
I am very glad that you enjoyed, I will continue to work on developing and hopefully soon after some time we will see a lot of progress.
Regarding donations, if I understand you correctly, you should not think about donating until you do not settle their own affairs. Sales at stores fell 5 times (at least for me) this month and I do not get this month commissions , but I'm busy working on an exclusive model for one of the members, and I think it will help me to still get to the goals and bring the application in SteamGreenlight.
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 23:48
Quote: " I think that for those who made a donation, I'll give a few copies of the utility."

Very generous of you.
RAM 16 gb G-Skill G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory

AMD Radeon HD 6670. ASUS Radeon HD 6670 DirectX 11 EAH6670/DIS/1GD5 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card. 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5
Memory Size
1GB
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
@OldPMan

May I ask how your Greenlight fund is doing ?
Perhaps we can push it a little more to reach the target .... I'm pretty confident this will do well
PM
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 18:06 Edited at: 28th Oct 2016 18:59
@synchromesh, thank you for your attention.
$57,
It would be nice if someone else helped. In any case, if the donation is not enough, I add my funds from working on an exclusive model that I'm doing for one of GG members.
By the way, it seems that I forgot to mention that I will return all the money back to those who donated after earn something on it on Steam.
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 21:03
As soon as I can OldPman I will add to your fund, this is a truly fantastic bit of work, keep it up.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't want my money back .... I may donate more yet
I use your tool daily and its been free
The least I can do is donate so you can get it greenlit and make all the time you have put into it for us worthwhile ..
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 22:43
Quote: "I don't want my money back .... I may donate more yet
The least I can do is donate so you can get it greenlit and make all the time you have put into it for us worthwhile .."

Exactly why I donated, i'm not interested in getting my money back, and i'm pretty well off at the moment (have a great job and got a refund of £11k from PPI which cleared every penny of my debt ), and it's a great software, i'm happy to donate that $25, it's a fraction of what I would pay for similar software, and if it helps get it out there and pick someone up out of the gutter, then all the better.

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 23:14 Edited at: 28th Oct 2016 23:15
Quote: "I don't want my money back .... I may donate more yet
The least I can do is donate so you can get it greenlit and make all the time you have put into it for us worthwhile .."

Exactly why I donated, i'm not interested in getting my money back, and i'm pretty well off at the moment (have a great job and got a refund of £11k from PPI which cleared every penny of my debt ), and it's a great software, i'm happy to donate that $25, it's a fraction of what I would pay for similar software, and if it helps get it out there and pick someone up out of the gutter, then all the better.
"

Best thing I have seen posted on these forums in a long time,well said .i to will be donating as soon as work picks up again,great piece of software OldPMan

Dave
PM
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, I do not even know what to say except thank you to all. I really appreciate your support.

It seems that the chances of getting into SteamGreenlite rose today per night, up to a guaranteed publication. Someone made a purchase a large package of my models and I seem to get some of the сommission of the store, it helps me a bit to align.

Best regards,
OldPMan.
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2016 09:52 Edited at: 31st Oct 2016 10:02
Hi @OldPman, sorry to hear your in hard times, we all get that from time to time. Payday for me is just around the corner (Wednesday) and I will happily donate some cash, I can't say it will be huge amount, my wife and I live on a shoe-string budget these days, but there is always something we can share

I use a variety of tools for making my model maps, Photoshop (mostly), Gimp mainly for Normals, and occasionaly ShaderMap, but one can't have enough tools in the toolbox

Now this Normalizator is a very nice tool to have, I have been using it on a few models in my personal game project, and just love how easy and quick it is use. I think if you are able to add Ambient Occlusion to the mix it is a strong contender for the most often used tool in the kit.

To help you get up to scratch with getting this ready for public release I have noticed what appears to be bug that I would like to bring to your attention.
Being able to place the app in the tray (left button in top right hand corner) is a nice feature but every time I do that it eventually throws an error.

The error says "Error: Runtile Error 302 - Sprite does not exist at line 1517".

At first I thought it was GG because I had been working on custom huds in my game. But the error comes up even if I don't have GG running at all. Then I noticed that when that error came up and I clicked OK then Normalizator was no longer running in the system tray.

I have also noticed it does it exactly when I copy and paste files in Windows File Explorer. So I hope that gives some clue to trace it.

However this is a great tool.
Please note that I do not want anything in return for my coming donation, and will happily buy this tool when it gets released to the world.

Keep up the great work!

Reliquia....
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2016 10:27 Edited at: 31st Oct 2016 10:28
Hi reliquia!
I am very glad that you have glimpsed but my utility. It is doubly grateful for the bug report. And I am grateful to everyone who can donate even 1 dollar.

I am looking at the possibility of establishing occlusion maps, it is one of the things I plan for the future.

Regarding the error. I see in your signature that you use Win10, please try to run the application as administrator and if the problem persists please let me know, there is a workaround for this error, which I need to write some piece of code checks the integrity of the media. I Win7, and I myself can not check it.

I will be in touch.
Regards
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2016 11:00 Edited at: 31st Oct 2016 11:01
I've had this error too on a few occasions, the common theme in each case is i have been using other dark basic software at the dame time, it did it about half an hour ago while i was running entity workshop.

I don't think it's a Normalizator issue either, i think it's a Dark Basic issue with Windows 10, I've found that running two Dark Basic projects on Windows 10 tends to crash one or the other, no matter what DB software it is.

OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the confirmation, Belidos !
This is very similar to a common problem DBPro applications by changing the resolution or change the desktop Win themes seem like that affects the handle of the desktop.
But I did not notice this problem in Win7 when the application is minimized to tray.
I think I can fix it for Win10 with the aid of checking the integrity of the media used in the project, after the withdrawal of the application tray.

Questions, when minimized to tray if there is a some screen flicker, like a change of desktop resolution or any amendment to the design of desktop Win10?
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2016 13:17 Edited at: 31st Oct 2016 13:24
No screen flicker when minimizing, but i just checked it on a Windows 8.1 machine, it also crashed with the same error when i tried running another DB program (Entity Workshop v2) at the same time, it doesn't matter whether it's minimized or maximized.

I get the same when i try to run Mender and Entity Workshop at the same time,so it's not just your software, as i said i think it's a DB issue.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you very much for a thorough check !
I think that I have a workaround to correct this error. I think I can fix it before the release in SteamGreenlight.
Regards.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2016 13:59
Nice one Oldpman.

It's not a major issue, it probably wouldn't affect a huge amount of steam users, it's just that in this community there are quite a few of us that use other Dark Basic products, so we notice it. Steam users buying it to use for other projects may never even come across the issue, and to be honest it's easy to avoid, just don't run any other Dark Basic software at the same time

OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2016 23:29 Edited at: 31st Oct 2016 23:35
Hi @OldPman, just fyi, I don't have any other Dark Basic products - or at least not that I am aware of

Also no screen flicker for me at all. The only indication of any problem is the message, which as mentioned will be triggered when copy\pasting in File Explorer.

Like Belidos says it is no show-stopper, just detracts a little from a polished application.

Reliquia....
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2016 07:47
Maybe it's a Dark Basic issue with some resource that it uses and is also used by other software, what else do you have commonly running while using this?

OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2016 11:52
As far as software goes, usually Photoshop and Gimp.

I fire up Game-Guru to check my work in game, but I never leave GG running because it usually doesn't like other things happening at the same time, it just keeps restarting the editor and then loading the level again - lol, and it is quicker to fire it up from scratch when I need to test models.

Reliquia....

PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2016 22:11
Quote: "By the way, it seems that I forgot to mention that I will return all the money back to those who donated after earn something on it on Steam."

@OldPman, Nice job on this tool. and please no refund required.

Reliquia....
PM
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
@reliquia Thank you. Getting confirmed.
Thank you for your attention to the project.
Best regards.

$ 65 US collected just $ 35 left
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2016 22:45
Quote: "$ 65 US collected just $ 35 left"

Almost there buddy.

No need to pay me back either. Just glad to help out a little.

Memory Size
1GB
JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2016 14:42 Edited at: 4th Nov 2016 14:52
Im there with you Old. With your skills you need to be working for a game company or coding software and getting payed for it. I know GG needs coders...
As for this project. Looking good. I hope Dark Paint gets a face lift too. Thats the one Im really interested in. Or better yet perfect Dark Paint and sale it for 20 to 40 bucks a pop and make a killen. Theres not to many low cost direct paint normals and textures etc out there. Dark Paint would be well accepted at a low cost. Best of luck man.
"So let it be written; so let it be done."
PM
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks guys!
Now I close the access to the NORMALIZATOR, to correct any find errors and exit to Steam.
Those who made donations, will now be notified of the new version and will receive updates for free.

King regards.
OldPMan.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2016 23:09
Great news OLdPMan,well done .

Dave
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Excellent News !!
Keep us up to date on the Greenlight process so we can vote
PM
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Of course, I'll tell everyone. Now a little busy, but it will happen soon enough.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2016 14:32
Gratz on getting your funding sorted. Good luck with Greenlight, i'll be one of the first to vote you up when it comes on Greenlight.

seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2016 23:20
Good news indeed.

Memory Size
1GB
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2016 01:20
Quote: "Thanks guys!
Now I close the access to the NORMALIZATOR, to correct any find errors and exit to Steam.
Those who made donations, will now be notified of the new version and will receive updates for free."

I'm not able to contribute now but i can ask my brother this weekend to help me with that because he has online banking.
I'll certainly be one of the early buyers on Steam
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2016 13:04
hi I have done a search on Normalizator on steam greenlight but I can't find it, can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks.
HP Pavilion Laptop - AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics - 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit Operating System.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2016 13:30 Edited at: 10th Nov 2016 13:49
Sorry I didn't realize you were still collecting, I have just sent £10 to help with the GreenLight. I really hope you do well with this, Maybe it will give others hope for their future projects. As with the others I do not want my money back when you start selling, I just want you to succeed.
HP Pavilion Laptop - AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics - 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit Operating System.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 07:13:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 07:13:13