3rd Party Models/Media Chat / That Model Guy model page

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2016 20:32
Quote: "thanks granada! I'm just hoping I don't screw him up"

I do that all the time,I throw models away daily .

Dave
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: witcher 3
Posted: 2nd Nov 2016 20:04
Quote: "I do that all the time,I throw models away daily ."

I have quite the graveyard myself.
An update on the character situation. I decided to go with blender to do the animations which turned out pretty nice. I really like how that program works(much better then milkshape for characters). The problem: I can't seem to find a way to get the model properly exported with the animations. Exporting the model itself is easy as pie but as soon as I include the animations the model gets corrupted or something else goes wrong.so, I'd think I'm going to shop around for a better animating program and just do regular models until this gets sorted or I learn a new program.
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2016 22:54
well, right when I was about to give up on these characters and move on I finally figured out how to get it imported from blender and what I was doing wrong. Everything looks good in the editor but when you run the model in a game some interesting things happen. Here's a video!

This is why I like the inanimate objects, characters are a pain
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2016 16:58
Weird - what are your fpe settings?
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2016 17:06 Edited at: 6th Nov 2016 17:50
Here they are. It is quite strange, I'm not sure quite how to fix it yet.It seems like every time I solve one problem with these characters another one pops up

edit: I noticed in the FPE that I was scaling through there temporarily. I went ahead and scaled the character up in blender and tried again. The floating and sporadic movement are gone but two more new problems popped up (go figure). Now he turns backwards to run at the player and doesn't move and also the skin looks weird For some reason
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2016 07:53
Add fixnewy = 180 to flip it around. For some reason, ischaracter = 1 flips the model by 180 degrees. Not sure about the skin issue - did your UVs maybe get messed up during the scaling process?
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2016 17:19 Edited at: 7th Nov 2016 20:16
Quote: "Add fixnewy = 180 to flip it around. For some reason, ischaracter = 1 flips the model by 180 degrees. Not sure about the skin issue - did your UVs maybe get messed up during the scaling process?"

Thanks gtox, I will give that a try. I don't think the uv's got messed up. I did use the decimate modifier on the model to knock the polygons down. I'm starting to think that might have something to do with it as it might have decimated some important polygons. I could be wrong. In normal lighting the model looks perfectly fine, this only seems to happen if with the shadows on the model. I'm definitely not a character expert so I'm still getting all the kinks worked out with making them.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 7th Nov 2016 17:35 Edited at: 7th Nov 2016 17:51
Quote: "Add fixnewy = 180 to flip it around. For some reason, ischaracter = 1 flips the model by 180 degrees. "

It's because some model programs use a different x,y,z to the standard that GameGuru uses, Blender is one of them. Mathmatically the Y axis is up, the X axis is left to right, and the Z axis is front to back, in Blender the Y and Z axis are flipped. GameGuru tries to fix that by default, but in doing so it mirrors one of the axis as it translates it. So some models need the fixnewy command to adjust the y axis.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2016 18:09
fixnewy fix the directional problem, thanks! I am going to release this alien guy into the community free since he's another practice model and I still don't know what I'm doing he still doesn't want to walk forward for some reason though and I don't know enough about lua to know how to fix the problem. I know how to do basic stuff and that's about it. so, I need to start cracking on the lua And make a script from scratch or give him to the community to fix and use. This guy is sucking up all my modeling time I guess even though I'm not getting anything done at least I'm learning something!
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2016 12:35
If you just want the character to walk forward while playing an animation you can use this code. Replace the 'x' with the starting animation frame, replace the 'y' with the end frame, and save as walk.lua

mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2016 18:36
I would like him to do more than just walk, I was using the script harrywever gave me for my last character and I was trying to modify it to work with this one. Everything seems to be working fine this just for some reason changing from one character to another seems to have made him not want to move forward. I think this line of code is put in the script but differently. I do see the MoveForward command put in but it seems to be scripted differently. Here's the model and the script if you wouldn't mind taking a look. I also was thinking of an alternate method of just attaching this model to the zombies skeleton and animations in blender similar to mender's process to cheat the system but then he wouldn't have custom animations.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2016 09:12
The reason the alien won't move forward is that the attack state calls for animation 1, which, according to the fpe is frames 40-54, but the MoveForward command is only activated if the frames are between 1 and 40 (line 175-176).
If you change this

to this

it will move forward.
The run speed is too slow, so it looks like it's running on treacle, so change 'local run_speed = 80' in line 15 to something like 'local run_speed = 200'
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 11th Nov 2016 10:31
I was just about to post the same thing, your script isn't using CSI to call animations, the frame ranges are hard coded in the script, so you need to change the frame ranges in the script to match the animations in the fpe, and change the animations in the fpe to match the animations on the model.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2016 18:03
Well thank you! That was a much easier fix that I thought. I had suspected those numbers were screwing me up and I should have opened up my last character and compared them. Why I didn't do that in the first place I don't know. Too much time on the computer I guess I get stuck on stupid, lol. Here he is finished.

Attachments

PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2016 00:44 Edited at: 1st Dec 2016 16:50
It's been awhile but I've kind of been in a creative slump. But today I got a little motivation back. Here is a gas station/store drink refrigerator I've been working on. It still needs a little work But here's the general idea. one of the glass windows is a glitching and a few bottles need move backwards but it should be done sometime soon after a little fixing. I thought it might be useful seeing as I needed it myself for my own game

edit: that was a quick fix! I would like it a bit better if I could make the bottles 3D without driving the polygon count through the roof though. I also decided to get rid of the Cans

Attachments

PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2016 21:07
The store has been a little dead a while which has kind of killed my inspiration to keep uploading stuff. So, I've decided to make a experimental mega pack of all my current stuff and slashed the price by 65% to see if the fish are still biting. Not to imply any of you are fish... It will be available until January 5 for anybody who's interested.
PM
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2016 00:17
The store tends to come and go in waves of enthusiasm. Don't sweat it. Seems like some stuff really attracts a lot of attention and some doesn't. My gore texture was a flop, for instance. My dungeon floor however, is a fantastic seller. So just keep working and you'll get the rest in time.
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2016 00:37
yeah, I've noticed some stuff sells way better than others. The fence packs sold quite a bit while something like the stasis chamber only sold a few. The funny thing is the fences took a fraction of the time to make vs. the stasis chamber. I just do this mainly for a hobby but it does make you feel good when stuff sells and makes you want to come up with other stuff. Also, a lot of the stuff I've been wanting to make is for indoors and as of right now doesn't seem as popular do to guru being mostly outdoor environments at the moment.
I actually quite liked the gore terrain. If you were going to make a game based off the movie "inner space" with Martin short it would work very nicely.
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2016 10:34
I imagine the huge dump of classic stuff that Lee released is keeping people busy.

Personally I don't use the store anymore.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2016 16:38
Quote: "I imagine the huge dump of classic stuff that Lee released is keeping people busy.

Personally I don't use the store anymore."

I had figured this also had something to do with it as well. There was a nice amount of stuff to tinker with!
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2016 17:03
I have to be honest I tend to forget the store exists.might be because the same last post shows from when it was partof GG so it never changes.

Dave
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2017 22:12
I guess I'm guilty of not using the store myself either. I do like it for the animals, creatures and dinosaurs that I don't feel like making myself. plus, they are probably better than what I would make and are cheap so, why not. They have a new posting board for the store so that's why the old one is kind of stale. oh well, I'm not that worried about sales.. I scored a used PlayStation 4 on ebay for 100 bucks so i been burying myself in the exclusives I've been missing out on. Less sales = no guilt for not making new stuff and playing uncharted
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2017 20:11 Edited at: 28th Feb 2017 20:12
I've been taking a bit of a break but I might have got a new spurt of creativity. Here's something new! Kitchen cabinets with back splashes:

Attachments

PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2017 21:19 Edited at: 1st Mar 2017 21:20
And a sink section to go along with the counter...

Attachments

PM
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2017 14:32
Ah these are excellent! I have some of the old henry ham cabinets that are decent quality but too small/off color for most of my projects. Definitely stick with furniture; it's a good move for you.

Are you using _S and _N maps? It seems like they could use some tweaking to help give the models a little more 'pop'.
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2017 15:26 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2017 17:03
Quote: "Ah these are excellent! I have some of the old henry ham cabinets that are decent quality but too small/off color for most of my projects. Definitely stick with furniture; it's a good move for you.

Are you using _S and _N maps? It seems like they could use some tweaking to help give the models a little more 'pop'."

Thanks, now that the ebe is out it seems there is more of the demand for furniture and I enjoy making it anyway so that's probably the direction I'll be going for a while. They do have specular and normal maps applied to them. I guess I should have lightmapped the screen shot to show the effect better. I was also considering giving them the new glossy look but I'm not sure if that would be overdoing it or not. I guess I will have to tested out. It would be cool to have the granite countertops shine along with the sink
This shows a little more depth with the lightmap:

Attachments

PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2017 21:36 Edited at: 4th Mar 2017 18:41
Here is a simple table with a some fancy tablecloth. Just messing around to see if I could get the cloth to look a right

Attachments

PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2017 21:53 Edited at: 12th Mar 2017 21:56
A simple modern toaster. I'm debating on whether to animate it or not... probably will.If only I knew how to attach some smoke to objects I could have it smoke when you start the toaster

Attachments

PM
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2017 11:27
Nice Kitchen units, they look a bit like mine.
HP Pavilion Laptop - AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics - 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit Operating System.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2017 14:59
Thanks tazman! I would like to say they look like mine but... Let's just say they were in a rush when they built my house
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2017 22:21 Edited at: 16th Mar 2017 22:38
I've been thinking about it and... Here's the toaster for free. Just put each folder where it goes and your set

You can put the toast down and manually pop it back up (I forgot to mention, toaster 1 is static and 2 is animated)

Attachments

PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2021 01:38 Edited at: 31st Jan 2021 01:41
Well I've been away for quite a while and haven't made anything for guru partly due to a creative block and I've also been building models for an insurance company part-time for their damaged properties to show clients. But either way, I brushed up on my stuff and got some better software so here's what I've been working on. So far I've got a new fishing boat, some hospital gurney's, a couple spaceships and a nice little scanner robot that when you walk up to it and activate it it will fly up and circle the player and talk. If you activated again it will tell you you've been scanned already and go back to sleep. Everything has PBR textures

PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2021 00:37 Edited at: 24th Feb 2021 00:43
Well, I had some cool stuff planned I was going to make but it keeps fighting me every step of the way so I just been making some random simple stuff so I don't get driven nuts by the bugs I had a nice over the door scanner that when you stepped up to it would shoot out a wide red laser scan and scan the player but the transparency and collision on the laser is nothing but problems. Also for some reason the illumination was trying to fight me too. So I'm back to the drawing board with different ideas. Anyway, here's a simple PBR broom and convenience store shelf I tossed together in the meantime

PM
BerntS
Years of Service
User Offline
Fantastic beautiful models. I love the gas-station! After the discussion about the pizzaboxes, I change my mind about releasing my '1 Million and 1 Variations of Pizzaboxes" pack. I think it might be superfluous
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2021 15:56
Quote: "Fantastic beautiful models. I love the gas-station! After the discussion about the pizzaboxes, I change my mind about releasing my '1 Million and 1 Variations of Pizzaboxes" pack. I think it might be superfluous"

Thanks bernts! Glad you like them. Sorry our conversation crushed your dreams for your pizza box pack, LOL.
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2021 17:32
A tasty PBR burger to go with the old fast food booth I made...
PM
BerntS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2021 19:50 Edited at: 24th Feb 2021 19:52
Quote: "Thanks bernts! Glad you like them. Sorry our conversation crushed your dreams for your pizza box pack, LOL"

Yeah well, I can just make the pizzaboxes taller and call'em '1 million and 1 pizza-crate variations, no delivery-trucks included'

Love the hamburger
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2021 00:08
Quote: "Yeah well, I can just make the pizzaboxes taller and call'em '1 million and 1 pizza-crate variations, no delivery-trucks included' "

You might be onto something here, I've yet to see a pizza crate. You could have cornered the market with that one, LOL.Although if you're going to make one million and one of them you better get to work quick since you just gave away your idea
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2021 00:10
new checkout counter For grocery stores

PM
BerntS
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You might be onto something here, I've yet to see a pizza crate. You could have cornered the market with that one, LOL.Although if you're going to make one million and one of them you better get to work quick since you just gave away your idea "

Well, making a million and one crates aint that time consuming. I have actually made it hahahahaha it almost killed my PC, when i took off wireframe mode and switched to textured. I swear I saw pearls of sweat on my monitors. That said.. can you imagine texturing them in 1 million and 1 varieties? And then there is the normal and specular maps too. Tell you what, you can have my brilliant (and slightly timeconsuming) idea; and I can play my guitar and leave the 3D to people that actually have skills for making something nice ^^

I absolutely love the gas-station.
I Art therefore I am
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2021 16:48
Well, if you take out all the zeros from that number I might consider taking over
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2021 01:41 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2021 01:43
I figured I keep going with the grocery store stuff for a while so here's a couple things I'm finishing up. First one is a cash register and the second is one of those cold storage shelves

Attachments

PM
osiem80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2021 15:54 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2021 15:54
a pizza on the shelf?
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2021 17:13
Quote: "a pizza on the shelf?"

I use what I have to work with I haven't got around to making groceries yet so I just tossed whatever I could find on hand on the shelves. In hindsight,the pizza might have been a bad choice, LOL.
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2021 00:54
A target style shopping cart I've been working on. I got it done but noticed a spot I missed so it's back to fixing and re-texturing but it should look mostly the same.
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2021 22:45
some meat packs
PM
osiem80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2021 07:37
these are cool, add some price stickers on them
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2021 15:13
Fixed! I showed someone at the house these last night and that's the first thing they pointed out too. Don't know how I missed that...
PM
osiem80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2021 16:34
look very good
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2021 22:05 Edited at: 5th Mar 2021 00:43
I got the final shelves done for the dry goods and a couple wall signs done out. Besides the meats the pack doesn't come with any food, at least so far(I decorated the shelves with food items from the classic pack And used some of their florescent lights). That's going to take a lot of Photoshop and coming up with goofy names for the products. So for now this one's getting wrapped up until later but it should be something to get a small-town grocery store started. I threw a couple older items in the pack that completed the grocery store look as well.
Oh, before I forget. The grocery cart is free on the store. I didn't like some of the spacing on the front of the cart and went back to fix it and alter a couple other things and I ended up destroying the Original basket mesh. So rather than redo it I figured I would just give it away. It's hardly noticeable but I didn't like it

Attachments

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 03:55:55
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 03:55:55