Third Party Tools / FBX2GG - A fantastic new tool available for Purchase soon

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2016 15:54 Edited at: 30th Jun 2016 16:06
This tool can do this!! lol now including doormen ready for the nightclubs but just doing some open air practice, dancers scripts now playing all animations doormen#s scripts neally finished but all these models import straight in as stated i shorted the arms a little to stop the warping and decimated down to 75% heres the result. and darker yup doing those too. A Very intuitive and cool tool for custom models for GG. ( now i'll go bomb my own posts with vids ) Gratz Rafhalzer very nice bit of kit!

Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz
8gb Ram
Nvidia NVS 315 1gb
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
This looks really great. This is what some of us have been eagerly waiting for. It's greatly needed so we can add custom characters and take our games to the next level.

Thanks for making FBX2GG.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2016 15:10 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2016 15:11
Wicked! well done HonkeyBoy in getting your dancers to errr well dance including the large bouncer/bodyguard type guys

Will upload Part 2a up soon as conversion done. This shows how to import FBX anims and get FPE/LUA script prepared for basic movement.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2016 18:52 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2016 18:53
Part 2a video guide - Importing FBX animations.
Part 2b to follow showing how to do basic FPE CSI_ parameter configuration and some LUA.

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 3rd Jul 2016 19:06 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2016 19:12
With the mixamo animations you might have some issues with some of them if you just download them.

Some of the walk animations when in game you will get them walk a couple of steps then bounce back repeatedly, this is because by default they're not set to walk on the spot, so basically the engine is moving them forward and the animation is moving them forward at the same time and when the animation loops it moves back a few steps.

To fix this, in mixamo click customize pack, click on the animation that moves position and the there should be a tick box that makes them walk on the spot, tick that then you can download them.

As to not using the animations on different characters, that must be an FBX2GG issue, when I use fragmotion to import animations I have a set of mixamo animations I use as a template and it's worked fine for me, the only time it doesn't work properly is if the models are significantly different sizes, ie if you saved the animations on a fit character they will be a bit odd if you put them on a brute character.

Meke Human I haven't got working yet, but ACG I got to work with mixamo animations the other day, what I did was downloaded the ACG character as FBX then logged into Mixamo and in the top bar near the store button is an upload button, I clicked that selected my ACG character and uploaded it, it converts the rig and renames the bones, then you can download it as normal and use it in FBX2GG.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2016 20:05
@Belidos-yes, totally forgot about the walking anims-we don't want them walking forward just on the spot - you are correct. Thanks also for the tip re: ACG character and using the upload feature in Mixamo, didn't think to try that. Cool, good stuff will give it a go.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2016 20:08 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2016 22:13
Quote: "re: ACG character and using the upload feature in Mixamo, didn't think to try that. Cool, good stuff will give it a go."

Just to clarify, it doesn't work for every ACG character every time, it took quite a few attempts to get it right, it seems a little hit and miss, and sometimes it does it automatically with no issues, but other times you have to go into the rig editing in mixamo to sort out the bone names. I think that we may be able to do the same with the Make Human characters, but I haven't dug too deep into it yet.

Edit: Just been testing it again, and now I can't get them to work, I got it into FBX2GG, I added the animations no problem, everything seems to work fine up until then, then i exported the character and set it up for GG, but when It goes into GG it has wobbly limbs syndrome, I've tried mender but that didn't help.

BTW: ACG characters work a lot better with GG animations, the hands are perfect and don't cross at the wrists

Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2016 22:43
Oh and something I just noticed with ACG characters.

Be careful with colours when you make your characters, the pallet they use includes pure black, and GG interprets pure black as transparent. So try to avoid using black, if you must use it then load the diffuse texture into a paint program and screen the black areas with an off-black, RGB of 10,10,10 seems to work well.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2016 18:24
thanks Belidos for the info much appreciated, there's quite a lot to remember. So for Part2b, I have redownloaded the animation pack but for each walking or running anim have clicked on/selected 'In Place' within the Mixamo website animation options .... see pic below ....

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2016 21:45
Here's part 2b of the video tutorial on FBX anim import, excuse my wife in the background talking at one point

PartTimeCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
@BOTR, the inchair animations are present in GG characters and can be used, so to are the conversation and explain animations, I have used them and I assume there all there only just need to be scripted and for the arrow simply make the character spawn an arrow entity (pre placed pool of arrows of size suitable for the task) rotate it to the player and give it motion, a script in the arrow hurts the player based on its distance .....
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2016 05:54 Edited at: 5th Jul 2016 05:55
@PartTimeCoder: thanks I thought that might be the case. I shall implement arrows and see if I can find inchair fbx anims and get them all scripted in.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2016 06:28
Uber Soldier animation list:

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2016 06:54 Edited at: 5th Jul 2016 08:32
so I downloaded from the Mixamo website a "stand to sit"; "Sit to standing" and "Sitting Idle" and "Shooting Arrow" anims in FBX format as I don't want to use GG anims for this test. So I will add these to my Erika character and get her to sit down and hopefully shoot arrows with the arrow model that came with the Erika FBX file. The projectile system is hard coded so may have to base it on rpggrenade projectile maybe ummmm.

Attachments

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2016 09:13
Be careful which animations you use for things like standing from sit and from lying down, a lot of them don't have the correct origin points and you end up standing up floating above the ground. Most of the ones that do that you can see it do it in the browser, but there's a few that it's not obvious on until you get them into gameguru. Make sure you back up before any changes just in case, I've been caught out a few times by mixamo animations and had to start over from scratch.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2016 09:38
yes the sit and get up are a little off but I'm only doing this for testing purposes just to see what can be done. Got arrow to fly using the hard coded rpggrenade in gamecore and works well. Would be great to have the ability to actually use any model for projectiles for enemies oh well will just have to wait...... but it's good to see it work.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2016 10:03
Quote: "Would be great to have the ability to actually use any model for projectiles for enemies "

I'm pretty sure you can, you just need to edit an existing one and put it in a different folder, but I have no idea how. MXS has managed it with some success, maybe ask him and see if he will walk you through it.

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2016 17:05 Edited at: 5th Jul 2016 17:21
Oh btw, in the video you mention the line skipfvfconvert, from what I think I understand (i may be very wrong) this is a generic file format called FlukeView that some software uses as a temporary file while it's loading it, so basically while the model is loading a temporary fvf file will be created holding the information until it has fully loaded into memory, changing that line to 1 will skip this process and load it directly to memory instead. I don't think it's used any more, that fpe is the first one I've seen with it in.

In regards to adding the frames to the LUA scripts, the frame ranges listed in LUA scripts are either ranges used as defaults, or additional actions such as a second attack. The ones that are associated to CSI_ commands in the FPE will run the ranges listed in the FPE regardless of what you put in the script.

So for example if you have in your LUA script for the walk as 20,50 and in your CSI_ in the FPE as 1,20 it will use 1,20. If however you didn't have a range specified in the FPE under the CSI_for walk then it would use 20,50. So basically they're mostly fall-back animation ranges in case you don't have one listed in your FPE.

The main ones it doesn't apply to as the script handles them exclusively is the attack animations, as you've shown in your video.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2016 17:30
thanks Belidos for the info, very helpful.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2016 17:37 Edited at: 5th Jul 2016 17:43
Your welcome. I forgot to mention about the death animation. That is also overridden via the CSI using unarmeddeath, so technically you don't need to add anything to the script for the death animation, so can just add it to the death csi and turn off ragdoll and it should in theory work.

Another thing, I can't remember if it's on the list or not, but the CSI_ slots for csi_unarmedimpactfore , csi_unarmedimpactback, csi_unarmedimpactleft, and csi_unarmedimpactright are death animations, if it gets killed by a shot from the left it will use csi_unarmedimpactleft and so on.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2016 18:09
ah, I think I added the death anims to the LUA script as it didn't work in the FPE, maybe I'll try again might be something I overlooked.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2016 21:22
Sorry, I meant you don't need to add the animation frames to the script, you need the death call obviously, but if you have them in the csi they override.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2016 21:56
I added the death anims to the FPE CSI_ death param and removed from the script, but it didnt work only works in the LUA script, well for me anyway.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2016 09:47 Edited at: 6th Jul 2016 13:51
Today's Tip:

If you have a Mixamo character that doesn't like it when you try "Prepare skeleton for..." and you get a message saying that the bone names are wrong or already been converted. Load the FBX into 3DS max if you have it or get it converted to .X format. Load the FBX or .X into a modelling package and rename the bones. For E.g. my Swat character from Mixamo had bones with "swat_". I removed the "swat_" for all relevant bones, saved back out as .X mesh then renamed as "main_temp_meszka8925.X" in the C:/rtemp folder. Open up the tool and select File->Restore after crash and the mesh loaded in ok. If it comes out big just use the zoom tool to make smaller. It comes out correctly in GameGuru as I've tested it and is the right size.

[update-although it loads in ok and is the right size in GG, when I go to import FBX anims I get object not found error, so it might be best to forget this tip for now until I get some feedback from Rafhalzer-he may have alternate fix. GG anims not riight either after testing my Swat (Uber soldier) char ]

Hope this helps.
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2016 17:59
One thing ive noticed with mixemo characters is when the setting for entities are set to highest the skin textures look like zombie flesh :/ on medium they are correct but then the lighting doesn't work in game so i presume that's whats causing that to happen anyone noticed this and found a cure?
8gb Ram
Nvidia NVS 315 1gb
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2016 18:02
Quote: "One thing ive noticed with mixemo characters is when the setting for entities are set to highest the skin textures look like zombie flesh :/ on medium they are correct but then the lighting doesn't work in game so i presume that's whats causing that to happen anyone noticed this and found a cure?"

Nope, not happening to me, high settings work fine for me.

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2016 18:58
Hmm the Mothership is running a day and night system so lighting is in for the nighttime hours had red and white could that be it? i'll have a play around.
8gb Ram
Nvidia NVS 315 1gb
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2016 19:34 Edited at: 7th Jul 2016 23:14
Belidos' Tip of the Day:

In Fuse the default arm and finger length is too long for GameGuru animations, which means the wrists will cross when holding a pistol.

So when creating characters with fuse, go to the customize tab, find Arms Overall -> Arms Short/Long and move the slider to -50 (for female characters it's trial and error depending on the clothing they are wearing and which arms you use, you'll need to increase the size of the biceps and triceps for some shirts as well as shortening the arms to fit the anims), then go to Hand -> Fingers Long/Short and move the slider to 50.

This will adjust them to the almost perfecty length for the GameGuru animation sets.

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2016 20:37
Anybody no whats in line for the first update for this tool (Great tool by the way) .

Dave
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2016 15:39 Edited at: 8th Jul 2016 21:33
I've come across an issue with female characters and male/bulky clothing, when you try to prepare them for GG or FBX import the upper arm warps, it looks like a rogue vertices sticks out in a spike and warps the arm. I've tried all the different types of female limbs, with most of the clothing and it seems to be all of the female characters if you put them in either male or bulky clothing, it doesn't have the issue if your character has bare arms or female specific clothing.

I'm going to email Raf tonight about it, but I thought i'd let you guys know here as well.

I'm also going to check the new Fuse Preview characters tonight to see if this is the same with those characters, it may not do it with them because the Fuse Preview characters use updated mesh types, which is why some of the clothing is not in the new Fuse, I'll let you know.

Edit: I've just checked with the new Fuse Preview and it still does it, not as much but it still happens. I can't access my email at the moment, but I'll email Raf as soon as I can.

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2016 22:42 Edited at: 10th Jul 2016 22:43
i can confirm this i have also had some warping, whether it's the limb length or what im not sure atm i have cured it by messing about but the occasional model just wont budge :/ (oh maybe it is the clothing Belidos) i'll test that on the next lot cheers m8
8gb Ram
Nvidia NVS 315 1gb

Reality is broken. Game designers can fix it.
Isagabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Belidos. I have the same issue with some of the fuse characters. Though it was just my lack of understanding of how the tool works.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2016 17:13
The way Fuse works is the clothing is originally modelled on one type of body and then imported into Fuse, this means it will fit perfectly on one body type and all others "may" have issues depending on how different they are to that body type, and how big a deformity the mesh has compared to the limbs it's sitting on, ie how thick and bulky the clothing is.

Generally most of the male clothing is modelled on the Male Fit A models, and most of the female clothing is modelled on the Female Fit A models, so if you use the Male Fit A model with the male clothes, or the Female Fit A with the female clothes you shouldn't run into any issue.

It's only really when you start mixing different body types with different clothing, and when you zero the joints that you get the deformities. I can put a female character with for example the police uniform through Fragmotion via Max, add Mixamo animations, and import it into GameGuru with no deformities, but when I put it into FBX2GG and select "prepare" (either GG or FBX) it zeros the joints and deforms the arms.

Journeyman
Years of Service
User Offline
Holy crap man.... my brain is oozing out from my ears from spending the last 36 hrs trying to "crash course" importing animations (models & entities was easy enough, but everything stopped with the word "animation", lol). GOD, I wish I'd found this thread a few hours earlier. I am not kidding when I say that my brain feels fried. Maybe it's just me, but all of this formatting, & finding compatible programs, & bone assigning, & mesh-work, etc, etc, seems a LOT more convoluted & complex than coding......... but then, I've been coding for a while. *Shrugs*

"Bored of the Rings" & "RafHalzer", you guys are god-sends. I've THOROUGHLY enjoyed playing around with GG, & other various engines, but I've never been as frustrated as I've been in the last 36 hrs, or so, trying to work out this character import task. Even if it doesn't look like your software will persist (i.e. be around for a while; although I can't imagine why it wouldn't), I kindly ask that I can keep in touch with you guys (to some degree), to either get a copy of your software, or get some kind of help with this importing business.

(& as a side note, I'm usually pretty freakin' thorough when it comes to researching & figuring out virtually anything computer / graphics / script related, but I'll be $@!%#* if this hasn't knocked me down a few notches, lol).

Regards
- Journeyman
PM
MarioFe72
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2016 14:46
Hello,

I have a question with respect to the above program . If I convert a model suitable to GG , the model is too big .
If I scale it in the FPE file in 50 matches there , the feet are sunk into the ground .
Does anyone have an idea what I can do?
Many thanks in advance.

Greeting Mario
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2016 21:50 Edited at: 14th Jul 2016 21:52
I got FBX2GG last night and tried for 4 hours and couldn't figure out how to get an FBX file out of Fuse or Mixamo. I kept trying to upload it to Mixamo with the "Upload" button on their website, and I only got a solid gray model. This morning I woke up and found a video on youtube that showed that you need to click on the "Animate" button on the Fuse GUI, which automatically uploads it to Mixamo as an asset. You can then go to the download queue to download it as an FBX file with all the clothing and face shown. I feel silly for not realizing this, but at least I'm learning.

BTW, what does it mean when FBX2GG shows a window that says "Runtime error 7008"?

If it would be better to email this question to RAFHALZER, just let me know?

Attachments

PM
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
I finally got everything to work... I began to wonder if running several other programs was contributing to FBX2GG crashing repeatedly. I closed everything else (like fuse, web browser, and a few other things) and FBX2GG worked fine. I got my first model to work.

The software works great, and it's definitely worth the money. Thanks for all the great work to make FBX2GG.

Here's a picture of my first model, which is a cowboy.

Attachments

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2016 08:11
Looks great, well done. Another little tip, when creating the character in Fuse go to customize and find the fingers, reduce them down to about half the size, for some reason they come out too long in GameGuru.

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2016 13:46
Quote: "I began to wonder if running several other programs was contributing to FBX2GG crashing repeatedly."

On my computers programs written in DBPro crash when I have Ultimate Unwrap open or sometimes they refuse to run at all. I discovered this many years ago and has happened on many machines with different OSs. You are probably correct!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (Passmark 12735); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2016 14:30 Edited at: 15th Jul 2016 14:32
I'm not sure, but I think it's something to do with directX 9 dependencies, I find that if I run DBP software while I have something open that is using the DirectX Libraries it will crash, if I don't have something running using those libraries at the same time then it will run fine. I get that with all software written using DBP.

That kind of meshes with what Jerry is saying about Ultimate unwrap, I know that UU uses DirectX libraries, I had a hell f a time trying to get it to work on Windows 8.1 (because Win8.1 uses a cut down version of DX9 that's missing some DLL's) until I installed the direct x redistributable software.

imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2016 14:38
fbx function need to be implemented (finished) inside GG in my point of view, and not as an external software/add-on.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2016 16:13 Edited at: 15th Jul 2016 16:19
Quote: "fbx function need to be implemented (finished) inside GG in my point of view, and not as an external software/add-on."

Its not an external addon ..... it doesn't actually import Fbx into GameGuru ...In fact its the other way around ... The FBX2GG imports the frames from GameGuru into FBX2GG.... You simply extract the FBX to a folder in GameGuru of your choice and add an fpe.

Lee is still working on official FBX support as there are so many versions so it could be a while and even then you wont be able to import a character as easy as this as you would still have to do a lot of manual stuff .... Meanwhile your missing out on a brilliant tool that will always be handy whether we have full FBX support or not .
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2016 21:23
Totally agree with synchromesh im on 60+ models made and converted to GG now some i just use the stock GG animations = for combat etc and some i just put 1 fbx animation on e.g for shop keepers or people having a conversation etc. In all honesty its is worth every penny just think if you were to buy these models separately at say £3? 60x3 hmm easy maths equation for me
8gb Ram
Nvidia NVS 315 1gb

Reality is broken. Game designers can fix it.
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2016 01:49
Quote: "just think if you were to buy these models separately at say £3? 60x3 hmm easy maths equation for me"

I just want to add that Mixamo used to charge for animations. If Adobe follows that same model when the whole thing gets out of "Preview" mode, be prepared! Best to get what you want now while they're free! I have most of them in .bvh format.
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (Passmark 12735); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2016 21:13 Edited at: 16th Jul 2016 21:14
Quote: " Looks great, well done. Another little tip, when creating the character in Fuse go to customize and find the fingers, reduce them down to about half the size, for some reason they come out too long in GameGuru. "

Thanks Belidos, that's a great idea. I can see that the fingers seemed to be very long and skinny like a giant spider.

I changed them to make them smaller and it looks a little better.

Attachments

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2016 00:02
Yup, looks much better, might need to shorten the arms a bit more though, almost perfect

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2016 02:38 Edited at: 20th Jul 2016 02:39
Version 1.1 now sent to all purchasers. Update info in email which addresses some of the issues mentioned in the posts.
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2016 03:13
Got it, thanks!
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2016 06:25 Edited at: 20th Jul 2016 11:18
Quote: "Version 1.1 now sent to all purchasers. Update info in email which addresses some of the issues mentioned in the posts."

Works so much better with female characters, was shocked at how quick Raf got back to me on email and updated the executable, he's a genius

(Note: I haven't tested the actual release yet, i'm working off of a "beta" file Raf sent me to test some changes, i'll get the official version when I get home )

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2016 07:25 Edited at: 20th Jul 2016 09:43
much better, I can now import the "Swat" Mixamo character which I couldn't before.

[update-spoke too soon, forgot that I need to rename the bones to mixamorig_<bone name> as advised by Rafhalzer, then load it back in from rtemp file named main_temp_meszka8925 using the "restore from crash" option in the tool, will see how that goes]

[update2-ok that went well, just renamed only the main bones , not bones such as ear, eye etc-see pic. only thing is when I import an FBX rifle animation, it says there is no animation when I attempt to play it back only 1 of 1 frame is shown....ummmmm I will check the rifle animations .....poop]

[update3-the rifle animations are empty-so for now and for speed I imported the Uber Soldier anims to the Swat character and works fine, Rafhlazer you are a genius-see pic]

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 08:07:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 08:07:18