Third Party Tools / Run your GG level on mobile / mac / linux.

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2017 11:52
many thanks Preben for the update. Will have a look after work.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
For the next update, VR rendering in GameGuru Loader.

Added stab's distorted mesh to the rendering.
Added vignette post processing to hide ugly edges when in VR render.
Added stab's bluetooth joystick code.

Support all functions/shaders so you can scale the shaders from mobile to desktop, including all post processing shaders like fxaa ...

best regards Preben Eriksen,
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks to all that tested the VR render

VR rendering is ready for field testing so it will released in its current state.
VR: Added 3 types of crosshair, so you can select what you like, also added a laser sight that always hit where you shoot ( crosshair can also do that now , or be placed in 3d ).
VR: Have around 6 parameters you can adjust real-time to get the best effect on your VR gear

WIP for next update:
Reflection on floor.
Baked illumination maps ( you do not have to do anything, if it find a illumination map it will be baked, this is done while doing media collection, so everything is just as fast ).
Spray decals on walls for more variation on your textures.

Sorry only recorded Mic, so no game sound effects.

With floor reflection i think GG Loader/AGK looks just as good as Unreal or Unity, Check it out

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2017 08:37
as usual awesome stuff Preben. Couldn't hear you over the music much though
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2017 13:03 Edited at: 29th Sep 2017 13:05
Thanks BOTR

Floor reflection can now be triggered so you can switch from water to floor reflection, depending on, if your inside or outside.
If you use a flat terrain you can now also use it to display the terrain as if it was wet:

You cant really see how the reflection looks in the video , so i attached a few screenshots

Edit: also you can now set how much reflection you like all the way up to a direct mirror.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2017 13:20
excellent Preben, just excellent.... looking forward to next release.... must also tinker around with AGK again.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2017 15:37
Great stuff, Preben.
Always awesome work.
Thanks.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks

Real-time, 1 pass ,1 texture, environment mapping not using cubemaps, it was not possible to make it 100% accurate so i made it a fake one, if you look very closely you can see the trick.
Anyway it looks GREAT so i will keep the code in GG Loader if you want to use it for a demo, or just use it in its current state, it was not accurate en-off for PBR or a mirror, but can be used to make a great looking scene ( if you dont use it for mirrors, only the trained eye will notice ). Need to find another way to pack the environment map into a single texture so it can be used on mobiles, got a few ideas to try out so wish me luck

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2017 19:44
nice one Preben, fake or not fake, still looks fantastic....
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 2nd Oct 2017 19:54
WOW that is mesmerising it looks fantastic excellent work
Welcome to the real world!
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks

Its not fake anymore.

This is not real-time but baked reflection maps, so they can be used for mobiles / PBR ... The process: Generate 6 Skybox / cubemap textures , convert them into a cross cubemap texture, then using a memblock to convert into a equirectangular 360x180 degree panorama texture. The shader then take the reflect direction and map it into the equirectangular panorama uv. I did not see any reflection problems so you can get the same result as using cubemaps, but only using 1 texture instead of the 6 cubemap textures

This is going to be used after Lee finish the PBR shading , so we also get reflection effects in AGK.

The video use a PBR metal texture using the metallic/smoothness workflow ( no PBR colors yet ):

Attachments

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2017 15:18
Fantastic work Preben,video looks great .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2017 15:50
So nice to see. Great job. You have outdone yourself again.
Thank you.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the comments i really appreciate it

Now with 3 different reflection probes types, You can reflect from outside ( the normal way use rprobe.lua ) or from inside perhaps in a house where you want reflections on walls/floor/ceiling ( use rprobecenter.lua ) , and a direct mirror reflection that also create all the PBR textures for you, just select rprobemirror.lua on a object and everything else is 100% auto, no need to make any textures yourself.
Everything use a probe cache, so only if you create new objects / or if you move a object, the cache will be updated, this is 100% auto. Everything is also auto baked so it will not slow down the startup time on your final game.

All reflection now react on Alpha , so if you use any current non PBR media like a window, if will get environment reflections. If it finds a metallic texture it will use this ( a standard PBR texture ), and it also support reflections from specular maps, this can also be used with current non PBR media.

This video dont really show how good the reflection probes looks, i tried to do something different and made some code for real-time beat detection on mp3,wav files, so it ended up with this video . The real-time beat detection is also included in GameGuru Loader source. Make your next game rock to the music

Remember to turn the sound way up when you watch this video.

GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 19th Oct 2017 19:56
LOL that was excellent well done Preben your work is outstanding
Welcome to the real world!
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2017 02:09
Excellent stuff Preben. Looking great.

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks

Added environment particle snow:

Hope to be able to make this work in GameGuru ( without GameGuru Loader ) , when Lee finish the particle system
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2017 22:04 Edited at: 21st Oct 2017 22:05
That’s realy cool,the effect when you walk into the snow is great .Nice work again .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
bonesy23438
Years of Service
User Offline
hi there ive purchased ggloader when it was on daily3d.com and have an account ive decided to have a go as ive got game guru and app game kit 2 but are having problems when i convert the map and load it up in ggloader the levels there with the models but no textures are appearing on models im just getting a black and white checked pattern with a cross on it ive copied the entity bank folder to theaegk tempfolder and it has all the converted png files in it ive done everything possible as ive been trying to get it to work for days now and manage everything else but i cant seem to get the textures to load ive looked at your gui configuration for paths and stuff for folders and ive gone over everything searching forums for answers and googling it but to no avail what am i doing wrong as ive gone over everything please help
thanks Andy
PM
bonesy23438
Years of Service
User Offline
hi there i have solved the problem i just set use mobile textures to 0 and it works fine now
thanks andy

PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "hi there i have solved the problem i just set use mobile textures to 0 and it works fine now
thanks andy"

when you run ggloadergui.exe you have option there to convert your textures to mobile ready, if you tick those it will allow you to run in mobile mode in the code (just makes the textures smaller and .png format).
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
bonesy23438: Great you got it working

Yes like smallg say if you did not also convert to mobile textures in the gui , see screenshot:

Then only "usemobiletextures = 0" (that are the original quality) will work, if you also like to use the smaller mobile friendly textures you should also check the other options when you convert , if you do this you will be able to use all the quality settings and make games for both desktop and mobiles.

Attachments

bonesy23438
Years of Service
User Offline
hi there ive already converted the dds files but when i set the "usemobiletextures = 1" then the textures dont load all the png files are there in the entitybank folder but when i load level up i get the black and white checkered pattern with a cross on all the models
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2017 07:19 Edited at: 6th Nov 2017 07:19
Hi bonesy23438.

The "black and white checkered pattern" just indicate it cant find the texture it need.

In the GUI: If you use all checkboxes:
"Convert all DDS Files to PNG Files",
"Resize Texture to 50% (_result_mobile)",
"Resize Texture to 25% (_result_mobile2)"

It will create 3 version of the textures like this: ( in c:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\AGKApps\ggloader\entitybank\ )

\Boxes\woodencrate_d_result_mobile2.png
\Boxes\woodencrate_d_result_mobile.png
\Boxes\woodencrate_d_result.png

When you use usemobiletextures = 0 , this texture is used "\Boxes\woodencrate_d_result.png"
When you use usemobiletextures = 1 , this texture is used "\Boxes\woodencrate_d_result_mobile.png"
When you use usemobiletextures = 2 , this texture is used "\Boxes\woodencrate_d_result_mobile2.png"

So i assumed you only checked "Convert all DDS Files to PNG Files" when doing the conversion , if so it will only work if you set "usemobiletextures = 0" ?

You can check if all 3 versions of the textures is available at the above location.

First time you run your level in GameGuru loader it will collect the unique media used in your level and place it here:

c:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\AGKApps\ggloader\media\ggmedia\

It will collect the media depending on your "usemobiletextures" setting , so you can check if the correct textures is also available in this folder.

If you somehow have some bad textures in this location "c:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\AGKApps\ggloader\media\ggmedia\", you can just delete this folder, and GG Loader will collect and create it again depending on your setting.

Please check if the "_d_result_mobile.png" version of the textures is available in the 2 folders above
bonesy23438
Years of Service
User Offline
hi there yeah your right i checked the folders and there was only normal png files there what youve just explained has made it clear now
thanks Bonesy23438
PM
bonesy23438
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2017 23:06 Edited at: 7th Nov 2017 09:58
hi there again ive managed to sort the one problem out but how do you change the terriain textures to the terrain ive selected in game guru eg mars terrain and how do you change the skybox to the selected skybox in game guru ive looked at the main agc and and found line 46 ive set that to folder mars orange and ive changed line55 to mars 1 but when i load up the converted map its just the default terrain texture and skybox youll have to forgive me as its the first time ive used it and my coding is very limited my previous experiences with game coding has been a bit of simple lua in game guru and gml in gamemaker2
thanks Andy
PM
bonesy23438
Years of Service
User Offline
hji there does anybody know how to change the terrain im only getting the default terrain i want to change the terrain in ggloader my previous attempts have not succeeded
thanks Bonesy23438
PM
Dany
Years of Service
User Offline
can i use it to export for web? (HTML)
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Ohh i have not noticed that there was any new messages here , sorry about that , and please if you got a problem just email me at plemsoft@plemsoft.com

bonesy23438:
Quote: "change the terrain im only getting the default terrain"

In the ggloder folder you find this folder \ggloader\media\ggterrain

You simply copy the terrain texture you like to use into this folder. you should copy the .png version, the one generated in the GameGurutmp folder. So if i want to use the ice2 terrain from GG i would copy these files:
d:\ggloader\gamegurutmp\terrainbank\ice2\default_n_result.png
d:\ggloader\gamegurutmp\terrainbank\ice2\default_d_result.png
Into the ggloader folder "\ggloader\media\ggterrain" , GG Loader will then use these textures for the terrain , sure you can also copy over the rocky,path and it will also use these.

Dany: Yes in AGK just select "Export project" - > "As HTML5" and follow the guide

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
GameGuru Loader PBR version is now available.

Login to your daily3d.com account and download ggloader142.zip
It has also been updated on Steam and on TGC directly.

This update got so many new features/functions that i do not know where to start.

The main update is that it now fully support PBR, so yes you can now use PBR objects in AGK and on your mobile

I will start to make videos that show how to use all the new features so until then enjoy the video Rick made, it display some of the new features:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyC98cqzHsE

Attached is the latest DOC for GameGuru Loader, that explains how everything works, and how to convert your levels
Subscribe and checkout great GameGuru/AGK video's here: Videos click here
Latest GameGuru Loader news: News click here
Get GameGuru Loader PBR version here: Steam click here

Attachments

Givver
Years of Service
User Offline
My GameGuru Loader folder no longer contains the GGLoaderGUI110.zip Is it no longer needed or was it removed by accident?
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Givver: Yes it is needed but in a version 1.11, it is a accident, i have emailed Rick about the problem , so i hope it will be added asap.

You can continue to use the old converter with no problems ( if you still have it ).

Thanks for reporting this
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2018 13:00 Edited at: 9th Jan 2018 13:48
hmmm, ok so am following the new guide and using the latest ggloader version 142. all DDS images converted to PNG and carried out the process as done previously. When it came to running the fixpbr (after editing the file to point to my GG install path), I get errors whether it's run from command prompt or double clicking on it via windows (see first pic). so currently the Big Escape level is not coming out correct in all it's PBR glory at the moment.
I have the public preview GG installed at the moment.

[update-manually converted the PBR assets in CityscapePBR from DBO to X format and so far seem to display now-see 3rd pic below]

Attachments

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2018 16:13 Edited at: 9th Jan 2018 16:16
Bored of the Rings: ? strange.

could you try to run a single line like this from the cmd line ( when your inside the fixpbr folder ):

And if that do not work could you try:

If there is no files to convert it will just say "File not found" , if it do that its working. ( i need to change that text ).

It should not say "dbo2x.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command..." like it do in your case , and in your screenshot i can see that dbo2x.exe is there ? , are you able to run dbo2x.exe ? it should just display the syntax.

EDIT: BTW the PBR assets is spread out in different folders, so you also need to convert inside the other folders.

Thanks for your help
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2018 17:51
@Preben-unfortunately, neither of those calls work, still get the "is not recognised as internal or external command". I originally just used manual calls to dbo2x.exe for each DBO file and worked fine but took a little time as I had to process each one. I haven't looked at your other .bat files yet, must be something in those files that aren't quite working correctly somewhere. I'll have a look shortly.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2018 21:20
for the cartoon antics level, it runs on my android phone, but have some errors/warnings:

vertex shader failed to compile : 0.62: S0012:
global variable initializer must be a constant expression

vertex shader postp/depthanim.vs failed to compile: 0:25: S0012:

vertex shader postp/depthstatic.vs failed to compile: 0:13: S0012:

I can't recall why I get these as it's been a while.

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Bored of the Rings:
I have made a new version of fixpbr.zip you can download it from daily3d.com , if will fix the errors you got. You just need to update these 2 files batch-ebe2x.bat , batch-dbo2x.bat , so you can keep your fixpbr.bat so you dont need to change it again

Those shader warnings has to do with realtime shadows try to lower the shadow resolution to 1024

Shadow_Resolution=1024

If that dont solve it , try this:
normalshaderpath$ = "mobile/"

And last:
realtimeshadow = 0

BTW: What device do you have ? , i will try different settings and see if i can get the same error on any of my android devices.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2018 04:49
@Preben-thanks for the fixpbr.zip update and suggested resolutions to clear the shader warnings. I'll give it a try later.
My mobile device I tested the cartoon antics out on is a Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017).
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2018 07:30 Edited at: 10th Jan 2018 08:27
changing all the above now rids of most of the warning messages, I now only get 1 warning message "Vertex shader mobile/decals.vs and pixel shader mobile/decals.ps failed to link: L0001 The fragment floating-point variable decals does not match the vertex variable decals. The precision does not match.". Will do some double checking.

[update-setting usedecals=1 to usedecals=0 removes the warning but obviously there are no decals. will keep looking into it. ]
[update2 - fixpbr now works without issue.thanks again Preben ]
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Bored of the Rings:
Quote: ""Vertex shader mobile/decals.vs and pixel shader mobile/decals.ps failed to link: L0001 The fragment floating-point variable decals does not match the vertex variable decals. The precision does not match.""

Both the shaders got medium precision and do match , the shader errors you get is not directly related to the problem. Just tested the same setup and level on old samsung galaxy s2 with no problem.

I think the problem might be that your using the new Mali-T830 GPU with OpenGL ES 3.2 API ( WOW , jealous ) , i expect that this MONSTER is emulating older es version , so it might have a problem with using mixed version shaders in the same app . the PBR feature require a additional open gl es extension that need to set a version to get it. this is normally not a problem when you run on older versions as the shader that need the additional extension just get access to that extra api, but perhaps thats not the case when you go the other way around and ask to actually "downgrade the api ", the phone might then try to use the same es version on all the shaders , and give you these strange shader errors ?

I never tried a phone with OpenGL ES 3.2 so that might be it.

You can test this, try to change "usePBR = 1" to usePBR = 0" , this makes sure the same version is used on all shaders. did it work ?

I hope so , because i already made the changes needed to make sure the same version is used in all shaders, just need you to confirm this

To do this i needed to emulate roughness in the PBR shaders to avoid shader version changes , the normal way of doing this is by using mip map levels from the environment map , but when we cant define a version we have no access to lod levels in the shaders so its needed to be done like this then.

This was one way to solve it , but a better way would be to detect the monster T830 GPU and use the full beauty of the desktop shaders directly on the mobile , i think that this monster could handle it , currently this is not possible as it (auto) detect that it is running on a android and switch shaders based on this, but if the little test above "usePBR = 0" works , i will try to make a version that can also do this.

Cleared my table to fix this , as i believe more and more people will get the Mali-T830 GPU, cant wait to hear if usePBR = 0 fixed the shader errors or i just need to get more sleep and a clear my brain to figure out what the problem is
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2018 15:22
@Preben-wow , thanks for all the information above (I need to digest it all-I just got back from a long journey). I will certainly test out the usePBR = 0 and let you know if it resolved the problem.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2018 15:42
Unfortunately, with usePBR=0, I still get the warning message, but the game works and looks fine.

My settings are:

global gameguruscale# = 17 // 17:Scale everything inside gameguru level.
global removeallanimationfromobjects = 0 // AGK 2.0.21 bug collision dont work on objects with bones. remove all bones and force mesh collision on objects. will remove ALL animations.
global usecollisionmesh = 1 // create a collision mesh from the objects LOD0 level. Take up more mem , but is needed in 2.0.21+ due to the default bone collision.
global createpointlights = 1 // create point lights from level. you must use the mobilepvl shader pack. pvl=point vertex light.
global usedecals = 1 // animated textures, only power of 2 images supported , if you get a wrong animation please resize the image.
global runonmobile = 1 // collect and use media on mobile, for broadcast. MUST be 0 until all ggmedia is collected. it also print load progress.
global postprocessshaders = 3 // post process quality 0=very low, l = low , 2 = middle , 3 = high
global useveg = 0 // 1 = include vegatation on level. not really mobile friendly takes around 20 sec on old mobile devices.
global usevegsway = 1 // 1 = sway vegatation.
global maxveg = 10000 // max number of vegatation objects to use.
global vegtexture$ = "veg-grass2.png" // "veg-grass4.png" - texture to use for vegatation objects.
global vegspreading = 10 // 1-10=normal: set spreading of vegatation , lower mean more vegatation.
global vegminsize# = 1.75 // 1.35 minimum size of vegatation , -1 = small , 0.0 normal , +3.0 large.

global mobileversion = 0 // 1=terrain textures / heightmap is reduced, 2=terrain get even less details/skybox use lower size textures.
global usemobiletextures = 0 // 1=use mobile lower size textures on all objects. 2= even lower size textures.
global usebillboards = 0 // use billboards.
global billboardtexturescale# = 1.00 //0.5 // 1.0 = 512x512 , 0.5 = 256x256 , 0.25 = 128x128
global usebillboardsections = 1 // use billboard sections.
global usebillboardfade = 1 // fade billboard to normal object
global usealphamask = 0 // use alpha mask on all transparent objects , workaround.
global loadcharaters = 1 // load in gameguru charaters and animate. some of the GG charaters will not work as they have scaling that AGK dont support.
global maxobjects = 4000 // max gameguru objects. lower this as mush as possible,
global maxuniquemedia = 180 // max gameguru .fpe object to prepare.
global uselodstages = 0 // use lod stages inside gameguru objects. not ready yet.
global includemovingsky = 0 // include a moving sky
global includeskybox = 1 // include a skybox
global includeagkskybox = 0 // include builtin agk skybox, save you some memory but is more slow so...
global skybox$ = "default" // default
global skySpeed# = 0.8 // how fast should the moving sky move.
global SkyboxRotateToFitSun# = -48.0 // rotate skybox so sun fit the shadows and light position
global WaterSpeed# = 0.000005 // how fast should the water move. 0.00010 = normal
global distclip# = 120 // set later.
global ggpathe$ = "/entitybank/" // path to gameguru media , objects and textures.
global ggpathe2$ = "/entitybank" // copy .fpe files from.
global ggmdiapath$ = "/media/ggmedia/" // media objects,textures destination folder, to collect media for use on mobile.
global ggmdiapath2$ = "/media/ggmedia" // used for .fpe files destination folder.
global ggdefaultground$ = "default" // terrain texture combinations, HOW terrain splatmap is combined, default should do in most cases.
global flevelpath$ = "gameguru" // path to first level to load.
global basemaponly = 0 // 1 = generate a basemap and use the basemap terrain shader, mush faster on mobiles.
global useterrainmesh = 0 // use one big mesh instead of terrain, fast for indoor scenes. No light on terrain as point light will never be close enoff
global disabledirectionallight = 0 // Disable sun light , good for indoor scenes.
global basemapsize = 1024 // texture size of basemap.
global lightmapsize = 2048 //4096 // combined light and shadow texture size.
global generatelightmap = 0 // generate and use shadow lightmaps yes=1

global realtimeshadow = 0 // enable realtime cascade shadows , must use shader pack 'desktop/'.
global shadowquality# = 9.0 // 1-18 , 1=fastest - 18=best quality.
global bias1# = 0.000020 // 0.000020: casecade 1 shadow bias
global bias2# = 0.000020 // 0.000020: casecade 2 shadow bias
global Shadow_Distance1#=35 // casecade 1 distance = 530/gameguruscale#
global Shadow_Distance2#=160 /// casecade 2 distance = 2300/gameguruscale#
global Shadow_Resolution=1024 // 1024 for mobile , 2048 + for desktop. , 4096 high quality shadows. MRF 10Jan18 : lower to 1024 if warnings show

global excludeterrainshadows = 1 //dont include terrain in shadow mapping
global uselightmaponstatic = 0 // use lightmap on static objects. if 0 only terrain get the lightmap
global terrainshader = 1 // default terrain shader.
global includenormalmap = 1 // include normal mapping and specular mapping
global objectsonlyusenormalspec = 0 // 1=terrain dont use normal and spec
global normalshaderpath$ = "mobile/" // "mobile/" , "mobilepvl/", "mobilepvlr/", "mobilepvlrs/", "desktop/" path to mobile friendly normal,specular mapping shaders. "mobilepvl" include dynamic light.
global terrainonlyusenormalspec = 0 // 1= only terrain and water gets normal and spec.
global terraindistancedetails = 1 // improve terrain distance quality.
global hideterrain = 0 // hide the terrain on startup.
global hidewater = 0 // hide water plane.
global usebloomshader = 1 // bloom shading only very bright colors.
global usecartoonshader = 0 // cartoon shading
global usedithershader = 0 // retro look
global useditherc64shader = 0 // retro look using c64 colors.
global usefxaashader = 1 // anti aliasing
global useVignette = 0 // Add Vignette effect to final render. you must also use fxaa for this to work.
global usewaterreflection = 1 // water has reflection , you must use "mobilepvlr/" or "desktop/" shaders.
global uselensflare = 1 // add a lens flare

global disablerallglass = 0 // 1=disable non alpha mask transparent objects like glass, there can be some depth problems.
global uselowpolyreflection = 0 // wip: Work best on flat terrains: lower polygons on reflection render.
global editon = 0 // not used yet.

global usebuildinshader = 0 // 1 = use agk built in shaders. AGK do not have a terrain shader , so it will only display using single color basemap.
global screensizex = 1366 //1920,1366 - use screen width
global screensizey = 768 //1080,768 - use screen height.
global fullscreen = 1 // 1 = use full screen.
global sceneflashlight# = 0.0 // Press 'f' to use flashlight.

global ContrastAll# = 1.05 // 1.20-Adjust contrast of all shaders.
global BrightnessAll# = 0.975 // 0.90-Adjust brightness of all shaders.

global usewaypoints = 1 // characters near a waypoint will follow the waypoint.
global addshooting = 1 // Add guns to chars and enable them to shoot.
global shootingrange = 1200 // Range before char can see and shoot player.
global shootingrate# = 1.0 // How fast can they shoot in sec.
global shootingPrecision = 0 // 0=always hit , 10=hits 1 out of 10 (random)
global addsound = 1 // add sound effects.
global bounceplayerwhenhit = 1 // bounce player a bit back when hit.
global desktopFPSmousecontrol = 1 // Start up using desktop mouse fps control.

global useanimatedcolt1911 = 0 // wip: Use the animatede colt hand-gun , use scaled bones so could give problems.
global useGunNormalmap = 1 // include normal map on gun.
global useautoreloadgun = 1 // Auto reload gun, good when on mobiles , and gives you that shooting delay to make it a bit harder.
global includetestgun = 1 // include the test gun object.
global useLasersight = 0 // use a laser sight instead of crosshair.

global vegdist# = 0 // set later.
global globalR# = 255 // global color R change colors on everything
global globalG# = 255 // global color G change colors on everything
global globalB# = 255 // global color B change colors on everything
global sunR# = 255 // sun color R , range 0 - 512. 255 is normal.
global sunG# = 255 // sun color G , range 0 - 512. 255 is normal.
global sunB# = 255 // sun color B , range 0 - 512. 255 is normal.
global fogR# = 100 // fog color R ( 103 fit gg sblue skybox )
global fogG# = 100 // fog color G ( 93 fit gg sblue skybox )
global fogB# = 100 // fog color B ( 72 fit gg sblue skybox )
global fogDist# = 0 // set later.
global fogDists# = 0 // set later.
global yfogimpact# = 0.25 // 0.25 = more ground fog, 1.0 = less ground fog.
global WaterTransparency = 120 // Set how mush transparancy water should have.

global underwaterfogdist# = 0 // set later.
global persyncobjectssplit = 15 // total objects/persyncobjectssplit objects will be checked on each sync , higher=less per sync.
global scenecolors$ = "day" //"showroom" // control them yourself , or use "morning" , "night" , "day" , "dayfog" ,nightbright,dayfog,dessert Remember to set fogDist#
global flashlight# = 0.0 //
global TPPcamera = 0 // Enable the TPP camera control. The TPP character .fpe should have "isthirdperson = 1" in it so we can find it.
global tppadjusty# = -3.21 // adjust your tpp character perfect to the terrain.
global debugbutton = 0 // add virtual buttons to change scene colors and change camera mode.
global loadwebglshaders = 0 // Set to 1 when you publish to WebGL (HTML5)
global convertToPowerOf2 = 1 // convert all images to PO2 , AGK have problems with some NPO2 images. 1=Round up , 2=Round down
global hugeobjectdistance = 6000 // 3900: if you use a VERY huge object on your level , you should increase this.
global maxSpecNormSizeX = 2048 // Width - Max size a baked PBR texture can use. albedo is still fullsize.
global maxSpecNormSizeY = 2048 // Height - Max size a baked PBR texture can use. albedo is still fullsize.
global fakefloorreflection = 0 // use water reflection as fake floor reflection.
global floorReflectionAlpha# = 0.125 // 0.125: how much reflection should it have. 0.01 - 1.0 (1.0 = full reflection,mirror)

global useVR = 0 // Enable VR doubble screen rendering.
global VR_eye_space# = 8.0 // Camera space between eyes, you can adjust the 3D effect here.
global VR_FOV# = 70.0 // 70 default.
global VR_Inverse_Eye_View = 0 // reversed eye camera space.
global VR_Offset_Center = 2 // 1=use a off-center projection matrix. 2=based on GetDeviceWidth
global VR_Crosshair_Mode = 2 // 0=center ch in 3d, 1=center crosshair on final render, 2=One eye crosshair sigth
global screenWidthCM as float = 11 // visible screen width in centimeters
global screenDistCM as float = 8 // distance from pupil to screen in centimeters
global pupilDistCM as float = 6.2 // user's pupil distance in centimeters, underestimate slightly to reduce eye strain

global usePBR = 0
global ProbeTexSize = 128 // size of each probe side, remember textures will be * 4 of this , so try to keep it as small as possible on mobiles.
global bloomTriggeR# = 0.96 // how bright should Red be before bloom trigger. >= 1.0 we need HDRimages first so this will disable bloom.
global bloomTriggeG# = 0.96 // how bright should Green be before bloom trigger.
global bloomTriggeB# = 0.96 // how bright should Blue be before bloom trigger.
global useHeadBobbing = 0
global displayloading = 1

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks on it.

Just to make sure: you did not extract over a old copy and forgot to select overwrite so your running mixed new and old shaders ?

Also there is some configured mobile profiles could you try to enable this one:

In main search for:

Change to:

Thanks for your help
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2018 17:20 Edited at: 10th Jan 2018 17:21
@Preben: I tried the 1=1 to force low end mobile settings and usedecals=1. I get the warning with usedecals=1, but not with usedecals=0. However, the textures are now black, regardless of the value set for usedecals parameter. I will double check the shader side of things also.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2018 18:06 Edited at: 10th Jan 2018 18:18
steps I took were:

-- deleted the GameGuru effectbank folder and performed a file integrity check to get original files back for public preview DX11
-- copied the shaders from the public-preview-update3.zip file into the GameGuru effectbank\reloaded folder (overwrote any existing files with same name).
-- ran the AGK player on my android mobile phone
-- opened up AGK and compiled/broadcast ggloader with 1=1 mobile settings. Still get the same warning message with usedecals=1 and the textures are black when using 1=1. I get colour textures when setting global mobileversion = 0 and usemobiletextures = 0 and setting 1=1 back to 1=2. I have created 50% and 25% sized .PNG files ending in _result_mobile.png and _result_mobile2.png.

Maybe I have missed something somewhere.

[update]:

Actually I noticed in the mobile folder under C:\AGKProjects\ggloader\media\mobile, the shader files are dated 2016, but in the desktop folder they are dated 2017. This is for ggloader142.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
BOTR: I really appreciate your help testing this, i think i figured it out, the shader optimizer is more strict now, i made a new version that i think will also work on your GPU , i uploaded it to daily3d.com and called it botr.zip if you could test this version it would really help me
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2018 06:21
@Preben-many thanks for the new zip file. I will test it and get back to you as soon as possible.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2018 10:11
@Preben - I installed the updated botr version of ggloader and ran the cartoon antics level again on my android phone and no warnings show

I have black textures displaying as the PNG file names seem to be named differently in ggloader/media/ggmedia to the ones in appdata. I was expecting to see _result_mobile2.png files in ggloader/media/ggmedia. So not sure if it something I not done/need to do or if it's an issue with ggloader.

Attachments

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Make sure runonmobile = 0 , or it will not collect the media you need.

The media will be collected here:

c:\Users\fowle\AppData\Local\AGKApps\ggloader\media\ggmedia\

So you just need to copy this folder to your project:

c:\AGKProjects\ggloader\media\ggmedia\

And your ready to broadcast to your mobile

--
To make sure you only have the media you need.

--

BTW: do you get any errors/warnings if you try to broadcast using "desktop" shaders , the default settings with realtime shadows ... ? , just wondering how fast the Mali-T830 GPU is
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2018 12:33
@Preben: thanks for the info, I will test after lunch and test the "desktop" shaders with default settings and get back to you as soon as possible

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 09:48:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 09:48:13