Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2014 18:32 Edited at: 25th Jul 2018 22:22

After an extended hiatus, I am excited to be returning to the TGC scene. So...

Hello and Welcome to my All Singing, All dancing MEGA thread for FPSC Reloaded!

Here you will find:

GAME CREATOR STORE INFORMATION

Details about new item uploads and revisions. Asset Support.

BONUS CONTENT

Random odds and ends, Variations, Give-Aways and More.

WORKS IN PROGRESS

Teasers and Evolutions of what is coming.

COMMUNITY INTERACTION

Ask Questions. Get Answers. Make Suggestions or Requests.

WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL BECOME VERY IMAGE HEAVY

Looking for my classic FPSC assets?
FPSC Model Packs 9/10/53 as well as my GCS content can be found on my website:
www.eaimedia.com
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K (passmark 8555), 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC (passmark 8637), Win10 Pro 64-bit, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1280x1024
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2014 18:32 Edited at: 21st Apr 2018 19:50
ERRANT AI Reloaded GameGuru Store Catalog (RESERVED POST)

EAI Snack Attack Pack
Includes 29 items
For simplicity, I have assigned all of these the default.lua script. Assign your preferred collectable scripts or leave them as-is for set dressing and clutter. Most items include LOD. These are simple, basic items with care taken to detail without being unnecessarily high poly. Full resolution textures are included so that they can still look decent if texture division is used.

ATM (indoor)
Spruce up an urban scene with this basic, freestanding Automated Teller Machine.
Combine with your favorite money script and add gameplay to an RPG or just use it as some decorative cover in a shooter.
Includes an illumination map so that the screen lights up in dim scenes.

ATM cassette
These things look pretty cool when stacked high. Whether they are little more than decorative bricks or a heist objective is up to you.

EAI Retro Arcade Pack
Includes 30 items
Add a bit of retro flare to your FPSC Reloaded environments with these fun, animated assets inspired by classic arcade game designs of the 80s!
Animated screen effects use simple "flip-cards" with between 2 and 6 different screens that continuously loop, giving the illusion of monitor refresh.
You will also find one "Out of Order" game with the rear panel removed exposing the PCB and other innards.
Each cabinet style includes two versions. One version with fictitious game livery and attract/demo screens and another which is meant for the user to customize with their own designs. This could be a neat way to advertise your your other game projects from within your Reloaded game or add some fun Easter eggs!

PBR UPDATE NOTICE

EAI Billiards Pack
Includes 20 items
This mini-pack of pool/billiards related entities includes a well-used coin-op pool table as can be frequently found in many bars or pubs. Also includes a cue stick, cue chalk, cue rack and a set of balls.

EAI Fiberglass Seating Pack
Includes 8 items
A small assortment of vandal-resistant seating with retro-modern styling appropriate for any number of public or institutional uses.
Texture style is well-used/slightly grungy but not overdone. Color is basic "Dystopian Dirty White" and lends itself well to recoloring or additional grunging.
There are eight pieces in this set and all include LODs.

More to come SOON
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K (passmark 8555), 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC (passmark 8637), Win10 Pro 64-bit, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1280x1024
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2014 18:32 Edited at: 4th Mar 2015 20:32
ERRANT AI Bonus Content (RESERVED POST)

Snack Attack Pack BONUS Illumination Maps. (link removed-now included as standard)

If you do not want the machines to illuminate in your map, simply remove the appropriate maps with the _I suffix.

These were originally omitted from the basic store files because they can be very overwhelming when used in daytime scenes.

Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K, 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC, Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1024x1280
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2014 20:36 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2018 00:08
That's a lot of sweeties! Do these models come with a diabetes warning?

Truly awesome to see you on Reloaded. I loved your stuff in classic and I already love the new stuff for Reloaded.

I will be watching this thread with a keen eye.

Cheers

Jay.
This is my new signature....
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2014 21:17
you are models awesome. I will buy this pack and many more.

more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2014 21:41
Many thanks for the add-on

PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 - 4GHz CPU, Asus R9 6GB GPU - 32GB DDR3 MEM
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2014 06:57
@unfamillia
Hah! Some of the packages list an address with "Diabetes Way" but ironically they aren't the sweets
Thanks for the support! I hope to have many more interesting models up this year (#weaponsarecoming) but for now I'm getting up some simple stuff that doesn't require in-flux engine tech or lua scripting.

@MXS
Thanks, man!

@TattieBoJangle
No Problem!
I also have a few alternate textures which were previously rejected from the store because of how strict EU copyright law is. I would have to add a personal-use disclaimer to them but I'm willing to add them as a bonus if people want them.

Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K, 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC, Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1024x1280
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
This is definitely a thread worth keeping an eye on. You do high quality work.
Cosmic Prophet
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2014 19:21
Hi Jake, Great stuff as always buddy! Glad to know your sticking with it. FPSC wouldn't be the same without your fine work my friend.

Back from the Wasteland.
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2014 20:53
@rolfy
I appreciate the support, man. I need to stalk more of your threads in hopes of having some .lua knowhow rub off on me!

@Cosmic Prophet
Thanks Dale. Of course the same must be said about yourself!

@everyone
I'm doing some weapon testing this weekend and I could use your inputs (excuse any rambling in advance!)...

One of the crossroads I find myself at is that it would be simple enough to bring much of my media over from x9. The newer weapons (MP53) would require only minor tweaking really. Slightly older ones from GCS would need mostly updated shader maps. The oldest stuff (MP9/10) I really don't think is worth the effort.

The advantage to porting stuff from x9 would be that it could bring some more weapons into FPSCR in a relatively brief amount of time (something that I don't think is direly needed because there are already a good amount of weapons available from BSP and in the stock set).

On the negative side, these would have to be new Reloaded store listings as updating the old store listings would break x9 compatibility. There is also the honest truth that after 1.09, you will be able to port many of these weapons over yourselves (with varying degrees of difficulty).

Now the point of conflict I have is that while most of the weapons still look reasonably nice once shaders have been added, the fact of the matter is that they are dated models and showing their age. This shows especially in the hand models (which are now essentially 7+ years old). While they may be a good product line for developers targeting slightly older systems (I've heard that FPSCR is meant to be working well on Passmark Score 400 hardware - which defies logic, IMO), they don't do Reloaded justice.

Most of you know that I am a stickler for quality. So, I want to be moving forwards and not backwards. Part of that involves saying goodbye to my old hand rig and losing any notion of compatibility with legacy weapons. Personally, I am OK with that but I would like to know what you guys think about it.

What I will NOT be doing is a plain naked arm like the stock hand. There are a couple reasons for this. The first being that it doesn't interest me. The second being that I've never been one to advocate mixing and matching player weapon assets from different artists. Thirdly, those are bond1's things and he ought to have the right to expand a separate collection that leverages off of the default set base.

I have a new arm set which I have made and I think it looks pretty nice. I'm ready to roll with this. I think it would look great with the kinds of weapons that I tend to make and work with a good variety of modern setting games as well as for multiplayer PvP. But what do you all think? Is this something you could see yourself using in your games? If not, then tell me before I commit to it because this will not be a quick and painless changeover for me and once I've crossed the Rubicon, that will be it.

I really appreciate all of the support that the FPSC community has given me through the years so I am wary of making big changes without your consent at this point. Thanks for reading and please leave your feedback below!

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2014 09:10 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2018 00:56
I agree with what you are saying with moving forwards and looking to the future. Plus, as an artist, you don't want to be dragging your old media forward with you. I can imagine you have grown since then and have learnt new skills and methods along the way.

I am all for having a new set of hands for Reloaded, however, I can't seem to open the image properly. I click the link and nothing appears except a few links. I even tried clicking 'Download Image', but, nothing happened.

If you could post the image on here, I think that would help a few people.

Either way, I am sure whatever you do will be great.

Cheers

Jay.
This is my new signature....
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2014 09:23
A set of robed arms with gestures to represent spellcasting. Would be great for when spell creation comes. If it comes. I loved your old spell kit. Gave so much inspiration. I would check with lee on that one first. I think quality first

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2014 09:43 Edited at: 10th Oct 2014 09:43
@unfamillia

No problem. I'll attach it to this post.

@science boy

I think it will be interested to see which genres arise with Reloaded. The sales of my fantasy stuff for x9 was abysmal but it was cool to see people having fun with the spell kit and creating really interesting things. With the large maps and lua scripting, fantasy might be quite big with Reloaded.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2014 10:07
I almost bought every weapon fantasy wise. I have to say top standard. I would buy them all over again. Hint. Throwing stars and things. Shame the fantasy stuff faltered. But I think a lot more skyrim fans will take to reloaded. And as I said I am an avid fan of your weapons and spell kit. I have plenty of cash these days so any fantasy im in. Not sure about others.

Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2014 10:28
I'll definitely keep fantasy it in mind for when Reloaded is a little further along. Personally, I really enjoyed making the fantasy stuff and beyond initial setup, they were easy-mode to crank out. The kicker is that what made me enjoy them so much in x9 was Plys Mod. The dual wielding and compound blocking was perfectly suited to melee combat and of course the scripting and particle control made the magic aspects achievable. Currently, I think the tech and effects in Reloaded is still too early on to get into it but down the road should be a different story. Plus now that scripts are possible to sell in the store, I can imagine being able to cooperate with some scripters and get some really neat stuff seeing the light of day.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2014 11:28 Edited at: 10th Oct 2014 11:29
Ah! The gunsmith is here

Quote: " The newer weapons (MP53) would require only minor tweaking really."

... and will most likely look fantastic in reloaded.

Quote: "This shows especially in the hand models (which are now essentially 7+ years old). While they may be a good product line for developers targeting slightly older systems (I've heard that FPSCR is meant to be working well on Passmark Score 400 hardware - which defies logic, IMO), they don't do Reloaded justice."

I believe that they do, compared to the other media available for reloaded, but I must admit that they do look dated. I already found them too dated for MP53. Don't get me wrong here, they are a good model and still beyond my capabilities, but that new arm rig you just posted looks way better.

Most of your weapon models are the best that have ever been available in the FPSC community. You had your own style and a tendency towards realisitc, no-nonsense animations which many of us enjoyed. If you where to rig your old store and MP53 ...even some MP9/10 media to the new handrig, it would enrichen Reloaded greatly.

Quote: " Personally, I am OK with that but I would like to know what you guys think about it."

I'd say : Go with the new handrig, I can imagine it would bring you more joy...and us later on.

Quote: " The second being that I've never been one to advocate mixing and matching player weapon assets from different artists."

Its a kiss of death for your game. The only one that got away with it is ertlov, because he gets away with anything horrible

Quote: " But what do you all think? Is this something you could see yourself using in your games? "

If I where to make a modernday game, it would be my first choice.

Quote: "The sales of my fantasy stuff for x9 was abysmal but it was cool to see people having fun with the spell kit and creating really interesting things. With the large maps and lua scripting, fantasy might be quite big with Reloaded."

Classic was geared to ...classic...fps sewers,bunkers and corridors. Dimly lit with a bunch of pipes on the walls. No matter how much I reduced my games, down to simple dungeoncrawlers...even a relatively nice looking fantasy dungeon would overpower the engine to some extend...fantasy just didn't work right in classic which might have led to your poor sales. I purchased a bunch of your fantasy weapons and they where great.

Quote: "I really appreciate all of the support that the FPSC community has given me through the years"

...and I am sorry about all the horrible retextures I have done to your models through the years

Quote: " Currently, I think the tech and effects in Reloaded is still too early on to get into it but down the road should be a different story"

True, the weapon mechanics aren't in any final stage and whe don't know wether or not we will get built-in melee support later on.

Fantasy is as common in the early w.i.p games as horror was in old FPSC now. I'd appreciate a blades and blunts pack from you. Perhaps even bows if these are to your liking.

Anyway, glad to have you aboard the reloaded ship aswell!

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"

“There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.”
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2014 11:41
Quote: " I'd appreciate a blades and blunts pack from you."

make that +1

Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2014 11:55 Edited at: 10th Oct 2014 11:57
Thanks Wolf, I greatly value all of your insights and feedback. Due to absence I've definitely lost touch with certain pulses in the community. So, it's really nice to see people willing to bring me up to speed!

Quote: "The only one that got away with it is ertlov, because he gets away with anything horrible"

Yeah, he's brilliant like that. Isn't he the one who made enemies attacking through walls into a feature?

Quote: "...and I am sorry about all the horrible retextures I have done to your models through the years"

You always tailor outside media to fit your art direction style. I honestly wish more people did that.

Quote: "we don't know whether or not we will get built-in melee support later on"

The basics are in now. Essentially what Airmod had. So that includes multiple, randomized attack animations and weaponside support to trigger basic blocking (although it's currently bugged and you can only block once #YOBO). There is also a separate melee function which has it's own range and damage (unsure about force as that seems to be a new thing). That's something we didn't have in x9 when I did those weapons. I can imagine that being a useful function to assign to power moves or something where it's desirable to have timing that's a bit different. We also have access to the firemode/altfire featureset as well. This would make it possible to, for example, have different stances.

Speaking of melee, I need to figure out a default key to set for it. Historically, I've used [L. ALT] key but I don't know if that is ideal or ergonomic. Maybe [Q] since there's no peeking anymore?

I also need to settle on a default key assignment for firemode changing. In MP53 I used [F] but that is obviously coded to flashlight now. I noticed that BSP is using [G] which makes phonetic sense but I find it frustrating to use because I often accidentally hit the flashlight key and I would prefer something closer to the WASDs.

If anyone has thoughts on those two points, I'd love to hear it. Especially as there may be popular scripts which have dibs on one key or another.

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
I would defo be up for buying and making fantasy games with reloaded, as its better than shooting ppl in the face sometimes lol, bows swords and magic is a must have so +1 for these when the time comes

having not used any classic or above software until reloaded I have no clues to what it was like besides seeing a vid on some1 in an arena with fireball spells.. the vid looked great I would of enjoyed playing and making something like that a lot but forget now what it was .

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 quad core 4gb ram.
PM
Cosmic Prophet
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2014 16:39
Fantasy, and Sci-Fi will be far easier to achieve in Reloaded in a way classic never could. In my recent communications with Lee, we have been discussing a new and advanced method of entity creation that will surely make a lot of creative folks very happy. Especially in those genres. The availability of good sci-fi weapons, was really a disappointment in classic. In fact, I used your pulse rifle, for all my scifi levels I played around with. Your original hand rig worked very well with it, due to the fact that it relayed a similar look to that of a Colonial Marine type character.

The new rig looks Fantastic! If Sci-fi is on your to-do list, May I suggest an optional unique mesh that could be easily reworked to fit the sci-fi genre. A generic gloved hand, and sleeve That could be re-textured to simulate, say a space suit of sorts. After all, running around the harsh environment of an alien world or a derelict ship that has no air, with bare arms doesn't really make sense. Your Armour for the fantasy stuff you made is a good example. It made it easy to incorporate them into the environment of the genre. Just a suggestion. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the new engine. All the best to you, my friend.

Back from the Wasteland.
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2014 21:19
I agree moving forward with new weapons is the best way to go. scifi weapons is in need most likely. the only thing I would like to suggest that the weapon and hand use the same uv map. that would things so much better and easier. also to make different hand texture maps pack would be good.that was so cool when you did it for your old pack with fpsc. would not matter if you have different hand texture with the same gun because we can photoshop it with a copy paste like I did with your model pack 53 weapons and can easily put the scifi hands on that model pack weapons.

Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2014 22:25 Edited at: 10th Oct 2014 22:30
@almightyhood

Here\'s another video showing some of what we had (doesn\'t get interesting until a couple minutes into it).

One of the things they\'ll need to add to the weapon system is the ability to charge up a weapon and fire on release (for bows and thrown objects).

@Cosmic Prophet

Thanks for your input here. One of the hurdles with the new rig is essentially starting from zero again. On the downside, that means lag time while I redo the foundational animation sets but on the upside, that means that I can better prepare for multiple genres and crossover (most of my earlier setups were class based (pistol, rifle, etc) animation sets and over time became fairly separate without common rigging poses which made retrofitting arm meshes a nuisance. The goal this time will be to keep things rooted so that I can more easily do arm swaps.

Quote: "After all, running around the harsh environment of an alien world or a derelict ship that has no air, with bare arms doesn\'t really make sense."

Hey! It worked for The Doom Marine, didn\'t it?!

Truth be told, Sci-Fi is something I\'ve always been greatly interested in but by the time x9 could do it to my satisfaction the platform was dead. Some of the things I\'m currently helping to troubleshoot behind the scenes should help make sure that we can have some great sci-fi weapons early on in Reloaded. For me, there\'s also the benefit that modernday assets can usually blend right into sci-fi (the fact that they had 9mm pistols and a 12 gauge shotgun in Aliens being the perfect example- oh, and they had rolled up sleeves too ).

@MXS

I believe Reloaded requires all HUD.x meshes to be textures with a single map. So, that\'s not a problem at all and how I intend to do it. The shaders are quite a bit nicer in Reloaded so there\'s definitely going to be some latitude to change things up via texture swaps alone.

CATALOG UPDATE----------------------------------------------------------------------

ATM (indoor) *uploaded, pending approval

Spruce up an urban scene with this basic, freestanding Automated Teller Machine.

Combine with your favorite money script and add gameplay to an RPG or just use it as some decorative cover in a shooter.

Includes an illumination map so that the screen lights up in dim scenes.

ATM cassette *uploaded, pending approval

These things look pretty cool when stacked high. Whether they are little more than decorative bricks or a heist objective is up to you.

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
cool stuff

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 quad core 4gb ram.
PM
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2014 22:54
fantastic work, what else can I really say. those vending machines look like the real thing. I bet the product names are hilarious. I can't wait to see any new weaponry you produce for reloaded. I'm also excited to see reloaded hands that will have a 3ds max rig

Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
Cosmic Prophet
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2014 23:37
Quote: "Hey! It worked for The Doom Marine, didn\'t it?!"
Ok, you win! You got me. The ATM looks great. Time to load the paypal up again.

Back from the Wasteland.
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2014 00:17
that is great to hear about the texture map. also will there be a bullet tracer for your weapons? I know you was doing this for fpsc at one time but I guess it never work out. I know you been talking to Lee so this would be a cool feature for the new weapon. can't wait to play laser tag in reload.

Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2014 01:07 Edited at: 11th Oct 2014 01:07
@Bugsy

Thanks, man. Unfortunately, my original fake product names and designs were rejected to avoid IP conflicts under EU law. So, the shipped ones are incredibly generic. I too am looking forward to doing stuff in reloaded and starting a bit fresh. I will say that although technically a max rig, I won't be using biped. I just really don't get along with IK for FPS animation.

@Cosmic Prophet

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist my powerful logics

@MXS

Once the shaders are all ironed out, I don't see any reason why I wouldn't be able to add fake tracers like in this video from x9 (this effect also looked pretty sweet with shotgun blasts). As for legit tracers, that is something that will need to be discussed. I think it will be an important feature to implement as they move ahead towards their multiplayer goals.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2014 01:50
TBH I really like your hands rigs, even though they're not biped. they're still easy to animate with.

Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2014 21:38 Edited at: 12th Oct 2014 21:38
Quote: " Isn't he the one who made enemies attacking through walls into a feature? "

He has...among other things...

Quote: "I also need to settle on a default key assignment for firemode changing. In MP53 I used [F] but that is obviously coded to flashlight now."

I don't think this was possible in classic, but couldn't you map it to middlemouse?

Quote: "You always tailor outside media to fit your art direction style. I honestly wish more people did that."

It was the only way I could make everything have its own character and look coherent, when I started doing it, FPSC had no postprocessing and only few working shadereffects. Some of my earlier work was quite...early though. Giving everything a lower saturation, some filtering and higher contrast values also compensated for the less aesthetic way classic rendered its scenes.

Quote: "In MP53 I used [F] but that is obviously coded to flashlight now. I noticed that BSP is using [G] which makes phonetic sense but I find it frustrating to use because I often accidentally hit the flashlight key and I would prefer something closer to the WASDs."

(alternatively the ^) key. (Which is on the far left, above the tab key on a german keyboard. Its possibly a different key on an american one but I find the place suiting. ) "G" is usually mapped to "throw grenade" ... a feature that might just happen.

You've shown some work on a female NPC with an asian look/ gothic esque look and a katana (if I remember correctly). Do you have any plans to make her available in a pack anytime soon, if I may ask? I could easily integrate her in my project and the model had pretty decent quality.

I'll be eagerly awaiting your future work! The only thing I can brazenly predict is that sooner or later, one of your models will likely be based on an AR15.

Have a nice week!

-Wolf

“There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.”
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2014 23:06 Edited at: 12th Oct 2014 23:07
Quote: "I don't think this was possible in classic, but couldn't you map it to middlemouse? "

I'm not sure about that one. If anyone knows for sure, please let me know.

Quote: "(alternatively the ^) key. (Which is on the far left, above the tab key on a german keyboard."

That's the tilde ~ key here. I don't mind that

Really though , both of those bindings should be filtered through the game as a standard key (like action) so that in a built game, they can be easily rebound by the player and not dictated by the developer. Especially since these are now "stock" functions.

Quote: "You've shown some work on a female NPC with an asian look/ gothic esque look and a katana (if I remember correctly). Do you have any plans to make her available in a pack anytime soon, if I may ask?"

The one in the attached pic? I'm not really sure of the current state of her. I had two versions of her. One with the webgear and sword and another without. She was part of two different branches of experiments I was running at the time. One was testing to see how many I could get into a level as entities pretending to be characters (video) and the other was a modified TF341/MP53 rig and animation set with the concept being characters that had both melee and regular weapons similar to the boss merc. that bond1 made but with the intention of running Dark AI. That all fell apart when I got frustrated with inconsistencies and performance around v1.18 and began my hiatus. She was meant to be part of a small set of characters with really stylish combat animations which were highly tailored and more efficient than the full, monstrous TF anim. set. Obviously, that never materialized and I sort of doubt that it will. That said, check your PMs in a couple minutes.

Quote: "The only thing I can brazenly predict is that sooner or later, one of your models will likely be based on an AR15"

I wouldn't bet against that

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@EAI.

As I'm sure you're aware, any help you need with getting these ready, please feel free to contact me. It's great to see you back.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 14:48 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2018 00:57
I bought some of your vending machines last night and the quality of your work is fantastic could easily be use in a AAA game.

Can't wait to see what you do next.
PM
J0linar
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2014 22:08
Hey EAI
there would be one thing am missing in your snack attack pack
a coffe vending machine!

Seriously, that would be a nice thing to have
especially for hospital environments,
i work in one lol and tbh we all there are coffee junkies!

http://j0linar.blogspot.co.at/

PC SPECS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7-3630QM 4.8GHz CPU, Nvidia GTX 675M - 2048MB GPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM
PM
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2014 06:26 Edited at: 18th Dec 2014 08:21
Hi Everyone!

Sorry for the radio silence. I've been juggling a number of things. Some of which you will see quite soon.

Quote: "Hey EAI

there would be one thing am missing in your snack attack pack

a coffe vending machine!"

I completely agree!

CATALOG UPDATE----------------------------------------------------------------------

Coffee Vending Machine

Added to the EAI Snack Attack Pack

This is being added to the pack. For folks who have already purchased the pack, this is basically a free bonus. It will be sold separately as well

SNEAK PEAK----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what's coming up next. I'm currently in the process of zipping up files and cropping screenshots for the store...

There will be 30 game-ready entities including 13 different cabinet versions with both these faux game liveries and blank-ish textured ones for users to customize themselves with relative ease. I fully expect these to all pass legal but if any get held up, I'll be sure to let you all know. Hopefully these will all be available in a couple days.

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 18th Dec 2014 10:42
Wow - the arcade pack looks amazing ... took me straight back to my youth

A must have purchase I reckon.

Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2014 13:23
Thanks, cybernescence! Yeah, definitely some fodder for 80s/90s kids here.

Everything has been uploaded now and only the last few are yet to be approved. If anyone wants more than a couple of the arcade machines, I strongly suggest waiting until the full pack is live since it will be about a 75% savings over the a la carte price.

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2014 15:43
Excellent work. Definitely brings back fond memories of youth. Do arcades even exist any more? Also, 'Hot Coffee"
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2014 20:08
Thanks!

Quote: " Do arcades even exist any more?"

In some places, yes but differently from their former glory. The well maintained ones with classic machines like these are often hipster pubs now. There are a few large amusement complex establishments that feature arcades but the majority of machines are much newer. Otherwise they are signs of areas which haven't kept up with the times. It's still not uncommon to find one or two in old family restaurants or convenience stores although those seem to be steadily replaced with prize catchers as mobile gaming advances.

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2014 20:48
The last time I was in an arcade was on holiday in Edinburgh about 15 years ago. It was in a semi-industrial area, near the river, and everything was grey - the sky, the water, the buildings, the mood - except for the arcade, which was a kaleidoscope of bright, shiny colours and noise. Not a soul was inside - the whole thing was surreal.
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2014 20:55
That sounds amazing! It must have been shielded by time. And rent control
Seriously, I would have loved to be present for that moment.

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2014 21:34
It was amazing, which is why I remember it so vividly, even now. At the time it was beyond strange, now it puts me in mind of Bioshock for some reason.
raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2014 02:57
There are still some good arcades at ocean city, MD. Went there over the summer on the boardwalk.
Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2014 03:01 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2018 00:57
These are really awesome models - I like how you have made use of alpha maps on the screens to make them look very authentic and CRT-like! May I ask if these start out as highpolys that are retopoed? They look awesome. The texturing is great too!
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2014 03:12 Edited at: 19th Dec 2014 03:14
Thanks, Hamburger!

Nope. These were built as-is. I essentially speed-modeled the first one (which ended up at 198 tris) as a concept test to gauge for myself the difficulty of having basic animation in Reloaded (which turned out to be zero) and to test if I could achieve the screen effect that you picked up on. I then modified the first one to make the others. The normal maps are just from greyscale bumpmaps that I used the nvidia filter on. Not ideal but it worked out well enough for my liking.

Texturing was probably 90% of the time spent on these. I kind of want to make an AGK game now.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2014 20:34 Edited at: 20th Dec 2014 20:35
Quote: "Not ideal but it worked out well enough for my liking."

Probably still worlds apart from what I do normalmapping wise!

I can't say that I have any use for the pack, but I acknowledge/know (what is the correct word here? ) quality when I see it! Cool stuff.

Used to play arcade games in the very late 90s...with my parents. There are still some arcade machines sporadically placed around Luxemburg, but its a dying breed indeed.

-Wolf

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Amazing.... I have to have it.....Big Retro fan here
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
And so I now have it
PM
J0linar
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2014 22:58 Edited at: 21st Dec 2014 23:02
Hey EAI, thanks for adding the coffe machine

and the new pack looks really great, i imagine already some mini game like in doom3^^

using one of your cabinets, damn that would be something to script

Btw if you are searchin for some inspiration, how about a trolley & garbage can pack that explodes into pieces when shot, if you ever played the so much

hated/loved cod series you know what i mean

Anyways thanks for the coffe mate and merry xmas

to ya all

http://j0linar.blogspot.co.at/

PC SPECS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7-3630QM 4.8GHz CPU, Nvidia GTX 675M - 2048MB GPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM
PM
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2014 02:16 Edited at: 18th May 2017 19:33
@Wolf

Thanks, Man

@synchromesh

Glad you like them. Thanks for buying! Be sure to let me know if you have any issues with them.

@J0linar

No problem and Merry Christmas to you too! It will be a while before I get into lua enough to set up destructible entities like that but it's something worth thinking about down the road. There probably won't be much in the way of prop entities from me again for a while now that .09 is out and I can focus of weapons again.

@All

Jukebox 1A *uploaded, pending approval

A phonograph jukebox from the 80s with an animated faux infinity mirror effect.

A nice way to source some mood music into your scenes (music and script not included).

Suitable for various locations including but not limited to arcades, pubs and torture lairs.

When this goes live on the store it will cost 250 points BUT you can download it for free as my Christmas gift to readers of this thread

DOWNLOAD JUKEBOX 1A HERE NOW AVAILABLE HERE
geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: GameGuru
Posted: 22nd Dec 2014 03:32
Yep, this is definitely going in the torture lair, right next to the shark tank!

Thank you Errant!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 16:58:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 16:58:05