3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Unfamillia's Model WIP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: GameGuru
Posted: 13th Jul 2016 00:47 Edited at: 13th Jul 2016 00:49
Got the sci-fi light and console to work by editing the default door script as such...

Backup your originals first since these are named to overwrite the ones that came with the models.

Saved as scificonsole.lua:

Saved as scifilight.lua:

I'd imagine the same thing would work for the crates too, but I haven't had a chance to test. Thought I'd share for anyone who might be having similar troubles with the light/console
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2016 15:46 Edited at: 5th Oct 2016 15:47
Does anyone proficient in coding, fancy having a go at something?

I have modelled an old style computer console and would really love for it to be able to display text on the screen, giving the player options to interact with it.

I have seen a game called [EVENT] 0 and a big factor of the game is interacting with an old computer console. Now, I don't expect to be able to interact to the same level, but, being able to open a door, turn on a light, play some music or other oddities, would be super cool!

If you would be interested in having a go at this, I will send all the files over, so you have the model to test with.

Cheers

Jay.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2016 02:03
I could make a basic script where if you have the text already on the screen via the texture I could make so that you can select different options by pushing a different key such as push u to open door, push I to do something else, haven't done scripts for a little while but may even be able to have freeze play so you could use keys like D for the door, actually now that it has me thinking I will try and have a play later today where you walk up to it, use E to interact with it which would then load and image to the screen showing your options locking player until an option selected or cancelled, will get back to you on this
PC Specs: Windows 10 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2016 09:17
@AuShadow,

Quote: "I could make a basic script where if you have the text already on the screen via the texture I could make so that you can select different options by pushing a different key such as push u to open door, push I to do something else, haven't done scripts for a little while but may even be able to have freeze play so you could use keys like D for the door, actually now that it has me thinking I will try and have a play later today where you walk up to it, use E to interact with it which would then load and image to the screen showing your options locking player until an option selected or cancelled, will get back to you on this"

WOW, that was a rollercoaster! haha. It started off with you doubting yourself, moving swiftly on to, "it could be done, but not great", then, whizzing over to, "I think I can improve upon that", and now we are sat at what could possibly be the most amazing script ever created!

Let me know how you get one. I will send the files over if you need them? Also, if you need me to make any changes, texture wise, just let me know.

Cheers

Jay.

AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2016 14:48
Lol yeah heads all over at the moment just recently had my second child. Didn't find time to do anything on the PC at all today (not even hit the power button), will try tomorrow to find some time however and will be ok for a test version as will just use a laptop model I have and some temporary art that will be easy to change out for the screen display.
PC Specs: Windows 10 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2016 14:56
Congratulations on your second child! Tiring times! I am surprised you are even thinking about the forums! haha. I would be getting lots and lots of rest!

Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2016 15:01
I just have to say this is the most unexpectedly high quality item (the computer screen) I've seen in a long time. It reminds me of EAI's arcade set. Very impressive work dude.
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2016 15:07
@BAG,

Thanks for the compliment. I am sure it will look a whole lot better if we can get some text on the screen! haha.

Cheers

Jay.

AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2016 07:52
@Unfamillia
Sent you a pm on it with quick prototype video

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 18:27:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 18:27:11