Work In Progress / Most Visually Stunning Game Guru Max Graphics Demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi.
I'm creating a demo, where I will show how beautiful Game Guru Max game can be. At first, I changed many water settings and created this sea. Demo is still work in progress (I want to make big level and make a comparison with few titles with big budgets). I will add many high quality custom 3d models, custom meshes to make it look as AAA as possible soon.
What do you think? (Sorry for my English)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1D7Nsusnmc
PM
thatandplaygames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2022 21:32
That looks really great!
GodHanc
Years of Service
User Offline
I made a second level. I wanted to figure out how Game Guru MAX can handle night scene. It was a nightmare. Most of the time i tried to make it not bright because GGMAX was ignoring the settings, I don't know why. I had also many bugs that don't appear on video - shadows were disappearing, everything was gray on the preview, or some of the lights didn't work at all.
The results look bad as you can see. I hope it will be improved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya-STRE6WR8
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2022 19:23
Nice water, very good
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2022, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
GodHanc
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't finish my demo during current state of Game Guru Max. There are too many bugs and many other problems, and I can't be proud of my levels because of them. I'm waiting for new updates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZZK9FWgsGc
PM
Necrym59
Years of Service
User Offline
I think the problem is with the creation, not so much the software, yes it has some bugs to be sure but most of the effects come from creative efforts. Im sure you will become more proficient over time as to how level creation complexity can cover any slight engine shortcomings.
PM
GodHanc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2022 22:05 Edited at: 6th Apr 2022 22:08
I'm still learning. Today I improved visuals in Foggy Forest Demo - I improved water and made scene darker, to create an atmosphere, and hide "past gen looking grass issue". It looks a way better than original version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ClIT0ysy64

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2022 16:24
Quote: "Most Visually Stunning Game Guru Max Graphics Demo"

Quote: "I'm still learning."

Some pointers I can give you: Never use the same texture for both floor and ceiling like you did in that warehouse of yours. It always looks off. And you will need to do some actual level design.

We all start somewhere but people usually don't announce that they make the most visually stunning thing in something they have no experience with yet. The stock props are okay, don't get me wrong, but if you want to make something visually stunning, as you put it, you will need vastly superior assets than what is currently on display here.

Good luck!

-Wolf
Harkin Hails M.
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: With Rocks. Ooga Booga.
Posted: 30th Apr 2022 16:11 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2023 13:51
Quote: "Most Visually Stunning Game Guru Max Graphics Demo"

Err, look, go through GG Classic WIP section. Classic actually has visually stunning content (for GG) people have worked on, over the years.

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 09:18:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 09:18:08