Product Chat (Early Access) / GG Max v 2021-11-19 - where is the add entity ?

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2021 09:42
Ok, I'm verifying files currently, but where is the add entity features etc. I create a project click on the 'Click here' , select terrain then select the arrow at the side and viola, where is it? Don't like the current build, that's just me.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2021 10:41 Edited at: 20th Nov 2021 10:44
Yes the new build had a fps issue when i came out of my tavern the fps suddenly drops to 30 fps then slowly clombs to 60 again. Will report it when i get chance. Nothing has been implemented to my knowledge except extra zombie and ai i never tried and then splash to say whats added has gone. Bit of a dodge build. But it was late out so i think there was something wrong in the background so i am going to report the bug on monday on return and just create buildings. Then Wednesday see what gives.

At bored of the rings
I have the add entity still but getting into the gaming software is getting more complex to test models amd add with having to load and save etc. Pain when you're used to straight in. Also noticed loading slower but i did only a quick check before sleep
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2021 17:19
still no way to "add entity". bad version, reverting back to previous. shame.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "still no way to "add entity". bad version, reverting back to previous. shame. "

Its there for sure ... try resetting the settings ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
I can add entities in the latest build ... both those that come with MAX and ones I've created. What issue are you having with this?
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2021 18:59
It's bizarre, none of the add entities interface appears at all on the left, I'm doing fresh install. Was there in last version. One last try before giving up with this version. I'll add screen shots when I can.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2021 19:14 Edited at: 20th Nov 2021 19:21
just keep getting put back to the save level as screen. No add entity interface. clicking in the left arrow button again brings me back to the save level as screen. this is a fresh install.

is there something in the advanced settings I need to check/tick, if there is I can't see it. all a bit odd.
I tried the reset settings, and no luck. You shouldn't have to reset settings on a first run from new install or update. that's bad programming
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2021 19:28 Edited at: 20th Nov 2021 19:28
Quote: "I tried the reset settings, and no luck. You should have to reset settings on a first run from new install or update. that's bad programming"

I was just taking a guess and throwing it out there ..
What happens on a fresh launch ... if you get the New Project request type in Default.
The need to create a project name first is under debate as we speak. But if you do that it shouldnt ask again and let you continue.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2021 19:32
I type in a name for my project, go into the click here level, see the terrain, click on the left graphic arrow at top , and it loops back to the save your level as but in prev version clicking on left arrow shows the add entity etc interface, nothing though here. Can't see how you guys are seeing it and I'm not.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I did not like it and had to resort to Ctrl-Alt- Del after TICKING the do not show splash screen.
After that it launched as normal.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2021 19:35
any screen shots from you guys would really help, feel like I'm going bonkers here. ha
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2021 19:36
just saw your vid ,synchro , thanks I'll take a look.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2021 19:40 Edited at: 20th Nov 2021 19:44
Quote: "I type in a name for my project, go into the click here level, see the terrain, click on the left graphic arrow at top , and it loops back to the save your level as but in prev version clicking on left arrow shows the add entity etc interface, nothing though here. Can't see how you guys are seeing it and I'm not."

I did not let it go that far .. Sounds like it wants you to save your project ..
try rolling back .. Then updating again and do what i did ... its quicker than reinstalling.
But ye i have already voiced i would rather be able to choose to skip that bit directly to the Default editor.
PM
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2021 20:11 Edited at: 20th Nov 2021 20:12
After getting to the storyboard, did you click on the actual level storyboard:

This brings me to the actual scene/level editor where I can add entities. It was a surprise because it didn't work this way in the previous version.

EDIT - What I mean is to actually click on the center of the level storyboard icon ... the part where the grid pattern is showing up on my screen shot.
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's a video - opening an existing project in MAX:

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2021 20:34 Edited at: 20th Nov 2021 20:34
The Problem i have is i love the project system its fantastic and i understand why they are doing it and for a fresh new user they probably wont know any different but my issue is not having the choice and it seems really confusing.
Mostly i want to just dive right in and dabble .. Load up a map from the mapbank and just do my thing
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2021 20:56
ok, I see, I had to cancel at the "save new level as" window at storyboard level and then select the back arrow button. YUK. anyway at least I can see the add entity +other interface stuff now.
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree. This is not the way it should be. In fact, I was going to make a GitHub request that MAX simply opens directly to the editor, just like any other program does (like any 3D modeler, paint program, etc.) and then, from there, via the File menu, we could choose to open a project, open the storyboard editor, etc.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2021 21:05 Edited at: 20th Nov 2021 21:05
does anyone see the terrain shroud when in entity mode, the entity moves with the shroud attached. double yuk. sorry it's my moan time.
anyway, if so, I will put on github.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:50:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:50:11