Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2021 17:04
Hi
I've just tried to open a map I made in GG and an error popos up then the whole program shuts down.
Any Idea?
Processor i9-9900k CPU@ 3.60GHZ
Ram 32GB
Windows 10 64bit
GeForce RTX 2060

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/223104
looks like a bad object, did you add some models?
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Max will not load GG maps at present.
Best to hold off on that until the compatibility has been sorted.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 10th Nov 2021 06:32 Edited at: 10th Nov 2021 06:32
Quote: "Max will not load GG maps at present.
Best to hold off on that until the compatibility has been sorted. "
Max does load classic maps no problem, here and there you may encounter an issue or two, of course there is things like AI, weapons and some animated stuff that wont work and may cause errors.

Static objects, with terrain that has been edited imports just fine. I am working on a demo level based on my cold war pack that I imported as is with new textures and stuff, and works fine and looks pretty great.Will have to admit I had to do some editing of the terrain.

Win10 Pro 64bit----iCore5 4590 @ 3.7GHZ----AMD RX460 2gb----16gig ram
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2021 10:24 Edited at: 10th Nov 2021 10:28
Quote: "Max does load classic maps no problem,"

My mistake then ..
My tests show they load in as the empty map which is not editable so comes out as just flat terrain
Nor do i get any assets. Just to be sure though i tried again with one of your cold war bunker sections and a few hills and still i get nothing accept the empty flat map and the start marker ?
My GG is a Default install so that should not be causing me any issues.
I assumed the new terrain was just not compatible yet.
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2021 11:26
Very likely, that might have been the problem I want to test out morning mountain stroll at some point as that was a level that loaded up a mess, with missing terrain.But with that being a terrain level will need to be edited.

Just to be clear I opened a level from my classic map bank and allowed max to import the entities to my max library and ran the level before I started editing them, which worked fine. Animated door didn't worked of course but was imported none the less.It was only one entity that didn't import correctly and was shown as a dot in the max map.

So yes you could technically design your level with static meshes in classic and import the level to max and edit it further from there.Personally will be doing indoor levels like that till clipping of the camera allows for easier editing.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Just to be clear I opened a level from my classic map bank and allowed max to import the entities to my max library"

That's exactly what i did. The terrain issue was expected ( perhaps the flat empty map will be for this purpose ) but what i am not seeing is any sign of assets being ported across to Max which im sure you should ?
I will keep playing and see if i get any results or why its not happening for me.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2021 11:41
yes , no problems here importing the cold war pack from WOI. nice one

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "yes , no problems here importing the cold war pack from WOI. nice one "

So is this from a GG Map or just copying the assets over ?
Copying them over works just fine for me.
Its the importing the GG map im having a prob with it seems
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2021 12:04
I only imported the GG classic map. I have current alpha installed . No copying over of any assets.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I only imported the GG classic map. I have current alpha installed . No copying over of any assets."

Awesome thanks .. So i definitely have an issue somewhere then.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2021 12:53
np, not sure why your getting an error. Maybe a fresh install (painful I know)?

Looking into making a demo game with GG Max. I hope to use the Cold War Pack + other packs I can use. Enjoying catching up with GG MAX and mucking about with the settings.

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2021 13:07 Edited at: 10th Nov 2021 13:08
Here you go, sy, edited and imported cold war pack with new textures, every thing edited for max from the default level imported

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "np, not sure why your getting an error. Maybe a fresh install (painful I know)?"

Ye i do anyway for every internal update.
Not to painful though i have good speeds ..I only install the core and its only around 12 mins for a fresh install.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Here you go, sy, edited and imported cold war pack with new textures, every thing edited for max from the default level imported "

Impressive .. Looks and sounds awesome !!
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2021 17:49
Quote: "Impressive .. Looks and sounds awesome !! "
But man oh man, have the bugs been falling out of the woodwork these past 3 days, when trying to build an actual demo level, it hasn't been pretty, random crashes, ai stuck in place. Placing ai in a certain spot or height resulting in crashes, ragdoll crashes, editing bugs

It hasnt been pleasant experience so far, have several copies made of the level, just in case some thing bad happens, so I can revert to an earlier version. I have all but given up on submitting a level. I think I have sent over 20 odd emails with various bugs, example videos ect today alone lol.

I am adding my AI as we speak, but I am going to keep it simple, for fear of breaking more stuff lol
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I haven't had one map load into max so far, but they all include edited terrains with grass, which aren't properly into Max as yet. It seems to import the models fine, but then just sits forever trying to load the scene up. Definitely a bit hit and miss. I don't think at present it is particularly a way I would go myself, people getting Max on release will probably be expecting their current masterpieces to load straight in and work exactly the same. That's definitely not going to be the case for the majority of maps out there.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2021 18:25 Edited at: 12th Nov 2021 18:25
Quote: "people getting Max on release will probably be expecting their current masterpieces to load straight in and work exactly the same."

Ye thats my worry as well .. I will be cannon fodder for sure that day
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2021 18:31
Quote: "Ye thats my worry as well .. I will be cannon fodder for sure that day"
Lol likely however I sent over the latest build of my imported level, as a couple of level bugs crept in, so hopefully they can fix it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 03:26:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 03:26:58