Product Chat (Early Access) / Latest version Gameguru Max

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2021 11:41
Hi,
I still cannot get GameGuru Max to run, I have uninstalled it and then just selected core files and re-installed but all I get when I run it is a white screen for a few seconds and then back to desktop. I did not have this issue with the old installer (installed all content rather than select content you wish to install) has anyone else had this issue and got a solution?

Very frustrating.....
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2021 15:44 Edited at: 28th Sep 2021 15:50
You have the specs right ?
It almost sounds like it trying but gives up.
Also worth checking Windows, Graphic drivers etc are all up to date.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2021 08:44
Hi syncromesh,
Yes I have the right specs, all was fine 2 weeks ago, then TGC changed the way we install the product and since then it does not run on my machine properly, no error report or messages it just seems to bomb out.

PM
thatandplaygames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2021 14:37
I had an issue like this and it was because in the installer I had everything checked. It downloaded everything and installed everything... there must have been an issue.

I uninstalled GGMax and then I then downloaded the core files and each asset pack separately. It now works. Try that.
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2021 13:22
Quote: ".... TGC changed the way we install the product and since then it does not run on my machine properly, no error report or messages it just seems to bomb out.
"

You could try:
- Delete the MAX folder in program files (uninstall does nothing)
- Download the latest Tint Installer (was updated a few weeks back)
- Use that to install again.

Hopefully it will work for you

OldFlak....

System Specs
i7-9700K 3.60GHz. ASUS NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 32GB Themaltake ToughRam Z-ONE 3600.
Main Screen: HP 27" @1920x1080 - Screens 2\3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider
aka Reliquia
PM
SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2021 17:45
Thanks guys, I have now uninstalled and deleted all files and folders, reinstalled but only CORE files.
Why are TGC not testing these installs and runtimes? I thought we would also have some error logging??
Reinstalling as we speak....

A bit ironic they state they are making it easier to install and yet I have not been able to make the thing work for 2 weeks now!
Was fine before they started changing things....

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2021 23:57 Edited at: 4th Oct 2021 23:58
Quote: "Why are TGC not testing these installs"

They are ... You must have been out that day when they came round
You got to be a little realistic with Alpha Updates .. There will be the odd few.
I always install fresh with each update .. that way i know its not contaminated from anything previous.
PM
SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2021 10:43
Well a fresh install and the same result - white screen for a few seconds then crashes to desktop. No error report, nothing.

I think it maybe a conflict with other programs running, but unless I get an error report I cannot tell which is the conflict. These background programs that run at startup had no issue with the old install process.

Do not understand creating an installer/runtime program with no error capture if the program crashes. I do not even get a message on the screen.

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "No error report, nothing."

There is usually an error log in the GameGuruApps folder if it fails to launch
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2021 13:46
@solo design: you might have a missing dll that GMAX doesn't auto install. I did a post somewhere which lists what dlls are required. As devs will most likely always have all required dlls.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2021 14:13
I will check error log and DLL's thanks Bored of the RIngs. But have not seen any error messaging regarding cannot find DLL's.
PM
SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2021 16:34
Hi,
Checked DLL's and all are located in System32 folder, checked error file in GameGuruApps folder, do not have this named folder or any error logging. I still have the issue and cannot run the software.

There must be something they have added or changed which causes this issue it was fine 2-3 weeks ago....

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2021 16:48
@Solo Design: Please can you check that you have the 3.5 dotnet installed, see pic attached below::

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2021 18:56
@bored of the rings yes 3.5 dotnet installed.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
@SOLO DESIGN
Latest update just released ...
Try that and see if you get a result .
PM
andy millard
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2021 09:23
Hi all, I have now had 3 weekly updates in a row that have errors. I have attached the latest error file. All drivers up to date. Several files that it cannot find (I have not checked them all) ,where there in my August backup and I have not removed them but they are no longer there. My local file I assume is the file in C:\Users\*****\Documents\GameGuruApps\GameGuruMAX and is in the same place it's always been. Which it cannot open for writing to. If updates are not working is November release actually realistic? All these update problems for me seemed to start when the release date was announced.
On a brighter note MAX is looking good.
Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core 3.5GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB, 16GB ram
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
If your GameGuruApps folder has been needed to be updated it usually creates a backup like the pic below shows.
Lee is constantly changing the file structure in these early builds.
I cannot see a log file attached ?

PM
andy millard
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2021 18:22
install_errors.txt file
Windows 10 64bit, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8 Core Processor 3.59GHz, nNvidia GeForce GTX1660 6GB, 16GB ram
PM
andy millard
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2021 18:30
Thanks for your reply synchromesh. Not seen a backup for GGApps like you have shown. Tried attaching missing file from my post again but that did not work. Does it upload .txt files.
Windows 10 64bit, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8 Core Processor 3.59GHz, nNvidia GeForce GTX1660 6GB, 16GB ram
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
@Andy Millard
Perhaps post your issue and log file on the Github Repository where Lee and the team can look at it and ask for any further info should they require it.
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues
PM
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello. I just installed the latest version of MAX and I am getting the same error as SOLO DESIGN - white screen then desktop with no error message left. I'd not had MAX installed for several months now, but previous versions of MAX did run on my system. I'd already reported this in my own thread here:

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/223120
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 05:52:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 05:52:12