TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2021 16:28
Hi All,

Find a recording of today's broadcast:

And here are the questions I did not get to in the broadcast live chat:

Q> ​Why are clouds?
A> Clouds are caused by water vapour in the air. Spiritually, I do not know why are clouds.

Q> Will the AGK editor get an overhaul with the goodies we see here?
A> GameGuru MAX and AppGameKit Studio are completely separate products, and there are no plans to graft anything from MAX onto AGK.

Q> ​What would you name your boat if you had one?
A> Boaty McBoat Face

Q> ​Can we have some sliders to set up the "imagezone" marker, plus some LUA commands to interact with?
A> All behaviors for markers are being overhauled as part of the AI and Logic work currently underway. Feel free to suggest ideas for sliders and gadgets you want to see when controlling what happens when the player enters an Image Zone.

Thanks for all your questions, speak again next Wednesday 4 PM BST.
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2021 16:32 Edited at: 11th Aug 2021 16:32
> Will we be able to change the colour of the object outline?

> Will we be able to use the up / down arrows to navigate through the Detailed Object List quickly?

Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns
W10 Home 64-bit, Intel i3-7100 dual-core 3.90GHz, nVidia GTX1050 4Gb, 8Gb ram
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2021 18:14
Glad to see the return of decals. To make them really 'pop', you will need to add the ability to change the shader they use in-editor. Fire and sparks will benefit from an additive shader, whereas dust and smoke could have a regular alpha shader, or even a subtractive shader. Messing around with Classic's shader got me an additive shader for my fire effects in Ignite, but I know Max's shaders will be a closed, pre-compiled affair, so you'll need to add that shader for us and let us choose!

Also, can we get video textures??? Does Wicked even support that?

AE

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 11th Aug 2021 19:32
Thanks for adding the ability to see and find and go to all instances of all models - really great and will be super useful for people - honest

Cheers.
GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER PassMark: 18125
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Also, can we get video textures??? Does Wicked even support that?"

No idea if wicked supports them or not, but Lee has said several times video textures won't be a thing A pity, as AGK supports them fine.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 12th Aug 2021 11:40
With al respect to Lee and every one working on Max.
Up to no you guys have exceeded all expectations with max on everything you have done up to now
and i know its not easy and i thank you guys from the bottom of my heart, But......

Please just pause on this for a moment before you guys carry on with other stuff.
Please , Please , is it not possible to at least try and make a decal flame that is not using the normal flat decal but instead allow the use of different model shapes such as a model that is round or cylindrical or even like a pyramid where the flame is still moving on the entire shape such as the flat model, that way we would be able to create fires that look nice and don't have to resort to having to place a lot of flat ones just to get a subpar flame when it would look better with different shapes of flames, because most engines these days have a lot more 3d flames and gameguru/max does not have that, by making use of this we will at least have a little better fire that we can use.

Sorry if i am out of line. but after all that's been done so far the flame decal or flame model or what every we use now do not fit in to the standard of what has been done so far in max.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590S CPU @ 3.00GHz
RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2021 12:25
decals are 2D, particles for 3D
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 12th Aug 2021 12:55 Edited at: 12th Aug 2021 12:58
Quote: "Please , Please , is it not possible to at least try and make a decal flame that is not using the normal flat decal but instead allow the use of different model shapes such as a model that is round or cylindrical or even like a pyramid where the flame is still moving on the entire shape such as the flat model"

Kind of not the point of a decal, a decal is a 2D object that is placed in a 3D world. What you want is a 3D model which we can already do.
Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Primary Laptop:
i5, NV1050 4GB, 8GB memory, 1x 1TB HDD, Win10.

Secondary Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 12th Aug 2021 13:13
I often see 'decals' being used to refer to 2D images that can be projected onto existing in game geometry, rather than a billboard of an image. Wonder if this 'decal projection' will be a Max feature.

Cheers.
GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER PassMark: 18125
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
@cybernescence. Would be a cool one, if so.
@PCS. A 3D model should do that as long as we can animate it ok. Not sure how you would make it without using particles in a 3D package though and not sure if we could export such an object into max. I agree though placing a few planes down to make a fire is a bit of an old fashioned way to do it. Fine for a candle and similar small effects though

The only issue I have found with particles in Max is occasional speed issues. Some slow the system badly.

Not a massive drop, until you realise that the single particle effect is ALL there is in the scene!
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2021 03:00
Quote: "Thanks for adding the ability to see and find and go to all instances of all models - really great and will be super useful for people - honest"

Yes - awesome addition Lee!

OldFlak....
System Specs
i7-9700K 3.60GHz. ASUS NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 32GB Themaltake ToughRam Z-ONE 3600.
Main Screen: HP 27" @1920x1080 - Screens 2\3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider
aka Reliquia
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 13th Aug 2021 06:24 Edited at: 13th Aug 2021 06:25
@DVader. yes i agree with you.
at least at this point we can do a nice flame in GameGuru Classic already with particles
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590S CPU @ 3.00GHz
RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
SerJac67
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
Why the gameguru app in video tutorials have four squares groups & save groups and I have three squares and no save groups
(see attached file) ?

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hi,
Why the gameguru app in video tutorials have four squares groups & save groups and I have three squares and no save groups"

You need to go to Settings \ Advanced \ and tick the "Additional Object Tools "
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2021 17:16
Some more questions from this thread:

Q> Will we be able to change the colour of the object outline?
A> There are no plans to change the color of the highlighter as we need to control the color to indicate different things such as locked and unlocked objects, and be able to document what those colors mean.

Q> Will we be able to use the up / down arrows to navigate through the Detailed Object List quickly?
A> I am pretty sure that is not supported right now, but please do add it as a feature request in our issues board.

Q> Also, can we get video textures? Does Wicked even support that?
A> For video textures, you would need a third-party tool to convert a video sequence to a texture atlas and use the decal system to display it. Playing MP4 inside a game engine is never a good idea

Thanks again for your questions!
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 11:50:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 11:50:03