Product Chat / [SOLVED] The title screens are being croped wrong

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2021 14:29 Edited at: 23rd May 2021 16:40
When I save my game as a standalone the title screens are being croped wrong, please help!

I run a 1920x1080 monitor and when I look into that title folder (before saving standalone) everything looks normal.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Avery's Adventure
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's a screenshot.
PM
Solar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2021 19:51
Hi Avery's Adventure. Did you go into the titlebank folder and resize all the menu screens to their respective sizes? It is a bit of work, but that's the only thing I can think of right now.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2021 19:58
mabe consider purchasing GraphiX's Asset Manager. See third party tools.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
Fitz marc ade
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 24th May 2021 10:28
I can confirm this, as I have just tried it myself. All images made in gimp are 1920x1080 in the correct folder labelled correctly and are zoomed in or altered on the Z axis rather than the default position that would make the image flush to the edges of the screen. Seems to be on the Title, About, Lost and End. The watermark one seems to work OK though.
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I can confirm this, as I have just tried it myself. All images made in gimp are 1920x1080 in the correct folder labelled correctly and are zoomed in or altered on the Z axis rather than the default position that would make the image flush to the edges of the screen. Seems to be on the Title, About, Lost and End. The watermark one seems to work OK though."

it's because there is a script that makes the images 10% larger as a fake animation
if you go to titlesbank/default/ and open the related script (i.e. about.lua for the about screen) you will see this code
SetSpriteSize ( g_sprAboutBackdrop, 110, 110 )
change it to
SetSpriteSize ( g_sprAboutBackdrop, 100, 100 )
then you will find some code that looks like this
SetSpritePosition ( g_sprAboutBackdrop, math.cos(g_posAboutBackdropAngle* 0.0174533)*5, math.sin(g_posAboutBackdropAngle*0.0174533)*5 )
you can comment this out (add -- to the start of the line) to make your image look correct
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Fitz marc ade
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 24th May 2021 18:09
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
@smallg
Thank you for that, it works as it should now. I also had to change the
to

just in case anyone else is wants to know.

I never noticed any animation on the menus or about screens, only on the next level loading screen, you can see it slowly zooming in and out.
I can say I have learnt something new about GG Classic today, but tbh i've never tried messing with the menu and loading screens before. So thanks again and much appreciated for the help.
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-08 02:29:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-08 02:29:30