Product Chat / Still having fun with GG Classic!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is part of a bigger project, but only took a short time to see if an idea could work GG is great for getting a basic idea up and running quickly. Two quick scripts and a bit of time in the editor produced this.

Gonna be more difficult to make it into a game but tests show it should run fine
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2021 08:57
love it, really would love to do a remake of the star wars coin op game, never was able to blow up the death star back in the day. nice one Dvader.

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Gonna be more difficult to make it into a game but tests show it should run fine "

The cross over in front of the Tie Fighters may be awkward to achieve but pretty sure CineGuru or Director Studio could easily handle the Flybys etc.

https://www.tgcstore.net/product/35318
https://www.tgcstore.net/product/35284
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
They both sound decent, but no idea how they would work in a real-time game scenario rather than just a set piece. It could be easy to integrate, but as I am skint and can script to a certain degree, will end up doing it the hard way To get it going properly I need a Tie-Fighter style cockpit I can use for the players ship to give it more oomph.

I'm unsure what is the best route to take as yet for the movement and such. At the minute I'm freezing the player in position and moving the ships. I will probably stick to that if possible, but it depends on the effect I need.

Just playing about with it.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:02:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:02:18