Product Chat / GameGuru MAX Live - Broadcast #38 Answers

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2021 16:54
Hi All,

Find a recording of our broadcast from today:

And here are your answers to the questions I could not get to during the live chat:

Q> ​Can I change the color of the screen to dark? Is there any chances for GameGuru Max runs in integrated graphics card?
A> You can change the color theme from the SETTINGS menu. No plans to support GPU less than a GTX960. If the integrated card is more powerful than that, then it would be supported.

Q> ​As a GameGuru Max owner, would you allow me to use screenshots of characters I make in the character for my commercial visual novel?
A> Please email me at lee@thegamecreators.com and I will pass it to my team for further consideration, thanks!

Q> ​Having the function of buttons displayed in text when you hover the mouse pointer over it is extremely helpful. Please do that as much as possible. Including shortcuts.
A> We have tooltips for all such areas, but do let us know if we have missed anything. Use the GitHub issues board as that way we can tag it and make sure it is not missed.

Q> When will you be starting on the terrain?
A> Terrain work starts soon, we are finishing off UI and model importing first, but we are very close!

Q> ​Will game guru max have HDR for huge levels? BTW will max have a maximum size of terrain map or not?!
A> GameGuru MAX has HDR for any size levels, even empty ones. It is built into the renderer. The final maximum size of terrains has not been determined but they will be much larger than the ones you could create in Classic.

Q> ​Will we have control of hand animations at some point? Like in the original demo with the Bioshock looking hand movement?
A> There is nothing in the design to allow you to control the hand animations, they will be pre-created as part of the weapons and player interaction system, and no custom animations can be added to these. You can of course create your own HUD weapons, and thus craft your own animations, but this is a more advanced skill.

Q> What's about water transparency?
A> The water will have transparency.

Q> When will you be finishing the GUI?
A> The GUI will likely be an ongoing process of minor tweaks, but the bulk of the design is now in place and will not drastically change from what you see now.

Q> Can you talk a bit, about the high ram usage?
A> This looks very much like a bug in how the resources associated with objects are loaded. It is likely resources are being duplicated unnecessarily and we have a bug report on the issues board to cover this fix down the road.

Q> ​What are the plans for "projects" ? multiple map linking etc?
A> You will be able to create a whole game project, not just a single level chained to another. With our new design, you can link levels together in any order, whether you want a linear progression or a non-linear flow, it will be your call.

Q> ​Is there any possibility of gameguru max reduce the minimum system requirements?
A> No, we are sticking with GTX960 for now and may increase this as we get closer to the final visual we are looking for. For lower specifications we recommend sticking with GameGuru Classic.

Q> Will you have the ability to setup VR Motion Controllers or will it be pre setup ?
A> They will mostly be pre-set as part of your existing VR setup, but you will be able to specify what controller buttons do in your game.

Q> How to realize shooting with vr?
A> You would collect a weapon, point it at an enemy and press the trigger button. The weapon will fire, and if you are accurate, you will hit the enemy.

Q> ​Any news on multiplayer?
A> No plans to add multiplayer for the first version of GameGuru MAX.

Q> After hearing you talking about doors, Will VR be able to open doors by grabbing handles and pushing door open?
A> You will certainly be able to push them open using your VR controller, but grabbing a handle and turning it has not been planned. When we get more emersed in the VR experience, we may well add this additional functionality to improve the game, depending on what other priorities we will have when it comes to the VR experience compared to the non-VR gameplay.

Thanks for all your questions, and I look forward to answering more next week on Wednesday 4 PM GMT.
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2021 17:43
@ Lee
Thanks for the replies!!! cool stream.

Quote: "Q> Can you talk a bit, about the high ram usage?"

This question was most focused to know if I can do anything from my side, for mitigating high ram usage.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2021 18:09
Nothing on terrain yet, oh well can't wait for that to come. Good stream.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2021 18:57
Very cool about the "Game Project" concept for keeping maps together.
Store Assets - Store Link
Free Assets - Resource Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2021 20:51
Blue theme looks great and the (I) information box for textures etc is great too..... Great work Lee.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics. Acer Swift i3 Laptop with Intel Optane memory, Intel 620UHD GPU, Windows 10 64bit.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2021 21:24
Well im glad terrain work begins again soon. And ai and all the bits. Been 4 months of gui so glad we can get onto the actual juicy parts

Happy days
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2021 21:47 Edited at: 7th Apr 2021 21:47
please reintroduce yt automatic generated subitles into streaming...
PC 1 Specs:
AMD RYZEN 3800x OPTA CORE @3,90, 64GB RAM DDR4 @3200,
M/B GIGABYTE AX370, SVGA ATI XFX RX580 GTS XXX EDITION 8GB GDDR5 , 1X SSD M.2 TRANSCEND S110 1TB, 1X SSD SAMGUNG EVO QVO 870 1TB SATA3 ,1X HDD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB, 1X HDD TOSHIBA 2TB

PC 2 Specs:
AMD QUADCORE 880K @4.5GHZ, 32GB RAM DDR3 1600, M/B ASUS A88XM-PLUS
SVGA RADEON R9 380 4GB , SSD KINGSTON A400 1TB, 2X HHD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2021 00:03
Looking great Lee and team - keep it up.

Definitely not a fan of that Blue theme - bright buttons and drop down arrows just create eye-clutter, which doesn't help you to focus on the main task of creating a game.

Classic has the 'This is a toy' tone already - let it keep that, and just make max the Pro tool kit. For MAX, perhaps make the current Dark theme default (more professional), and add a Kiddies section in settings to turn the others on if you really want to

OldFlak....
System Specs
i7-9700K 3.60GHz. ASUS NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 32GB Themaltake ToughRam Z-ONE 3600.
Main Screen: HP 27" @1920x1080 - Screens 2\3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider
aka Reliquia
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 8th Apr 2021 08:16 Edited at: 8th Apr 2021 08:18
Quote: "Well im glad terrain work begins again soon. And ai and all the bits. Been 4 months of gui so glad we can get onto the actual juicy parts"

GUI isn't the only thing they have been working on in that four months, that's just what one team member has been working and and what has been shown, there has been lots of other juicy stuff going on in the background which they haven't shown us because they want to have things close to final before showcasing them. Just because they only show you one thing they're doing doesn't mean they are only doing that.

Quote: "please reintroduce yt automatic generated subitles into streaming..."

Oh lord no, please don't, the YouTube automatic subtitle algorithm is absolutely horrible, I've seen so many videos using it and the Youtuber is saying one thing and the subtitles say something completely the opposite.
Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Primary Laptop:
i5, NV1050 4GB, 8GB memory, 1x 1TB HDD, Win10.

Secondary Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2021 10:05
Quote: "the YouTube automatic subtitle algorithm is absolutely horrible, I've seen so many videos using it and the Youtuber is saying one thing and the subtitles say something completely the opposite."

That's true, I myself had tried and ended up with the original one rather than the translated one.
The best is Lee or someone posting all the answers here, if possible.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2021 17:26 Edited at: 8th Apr 2021 17:29
Quote: "GUI isn't the only thing they have been working on in that four months, that's just what one team member has been working and and what has been shown, there has been lots of other juicy stuff going on in the background which they haven't shown us because they want to have things close to final before showcasing them. Just because they only show you one thing they're doing doesn't mean they are only doing that."

Yeah i remember last time they were working in the background. the big announcement that they announced vr world was available to buy and a new game guru you could buy and then fixed a bug or 40 and game guru was no longer getting treatment besides bugs. .....

I will go with my positive and informed words of i know what is presented and present and working or worked on and when. I like when they give approx dates that works for me. Juicy in the back ground with nothing to show is not juicy. Hard to get excited about things you dont know. But i will be delighted im sure when its released. But till now its 4 months of gui and bits in the background. loving the importer tbh and cant wait to get my little critters being naughty in my dungeons.

But Belidos i do see the logic in not saying about things till it is completed or near complete as long as its not we have game guru max max lol

Have a lovely day all
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "But till now its 4 months of gui and bits in the background. "

Quote: "loving the importer tbh and cant wait to get my little critters being naughty in my dungeons."

Well there ya go ..
That's just some of the bits that were going on in the background along with lots of other stuff you have yet to see over the last 4 months
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2021 19:57 Edited at: 8th Apr 2021 22:33
Are you trying to make me a positive old bean?
The thing Is Synchromesh, you never highlighted the part where i said things went on in the background before and nothing ever materialised this went on for a year them they dropped the clanger they had not worked on classic at all but on other projects. i was also Pointing out when stuff comes out then i accept It, until its Out its not happened or happening unless its been in the videos Or implemented into the software. I have been here with all the promised bits before, twice now, as kickstarter failed but taken up internally then the goal posts changed and was unclear during funding but happy to carry on. This was dynamic shadows. day and night. better shaders and a whole hodt of ither promised parts. there is an old topic i can link where it all kicked off last year due to the silence and bombshell of the Announcement? I was in my 1st statement saying good to move On from gui of 4 months. so far till this month nothing major has been released apart From Gui updates up until april. Remember we started anew in September as it failed its release date and then became a no time limit. No problem with that, but since the first releases and multiple grass its Mainly Been gui so thats what i was on about. the animator Parts in imports Has only just come out and until tomorrow its faulty. so i was saying Its Good to see it In at least and they confirmed that terrain is getting worked on very soon. I been waiting for terrain from day one so yes juicy.

I also have the kick starter for the classic link too in 2012 with whats offered. just to back up my comments more?
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "i was Pointing out when stuff comes out then i accept It, until its Out its not happened or happening unless its been in the videos."

Ok .. Just didn't want you thinking that's all that has been worked on in the last 4 months
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2021 21:38 Edited at: 8th Apr 2021 21:39
I think I have to agree with science boy here, although we have been told other stuff is being worked on , it's not really a reality unless we actually physically see it in a video showing the progress so to a certain extent to us users, it doesn't exist / isn't happening , it's just talk
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "although we have been told other stuff is being worked on , it's not really a reality unless we actually physically see it in a video showing the progress so to a certain extent to us users, it doesn't exist / isn't happening , it's just talk"

Ye that's ok.
Saves me a lot of posting.
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Am I the only one thinking UI is about the last thing to tidy up-- ?
kinda like installing some fancy decor then an alarm system in your house, but you already moved
into the house, and it's of course fully functional first. Your floors, lighting, windows, doors, furniture
and appliances are in, the A/C is going great.
I don't want to seem critical of everything, but it's in my nature to closely analyze everything, and certainly
that can be detrimental to one's close relations. The question is- should you always say out loud
everything you analyze in your head?? LOL probably not. @ TGC for what they
ARE planning to make out of MAX eventually. I still hope they consider some user suggestions.

So yeah- in further analysis, heavy UI work pre-release is understandable seeing as The MAX Boss/
board of directors are the quick, shallow and flippant Youtube and Steam reviewers, who won't dig deep,
at the cost of early, Main Functionality release to pre-order customers...
Hey- What's the name of the game they are currently developing w/ MAX- pre release to the public?
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I'm patient. Can use GG for now or some other package and move on to Max when it is ready. Personally, I'm hoping as the other features are taking their time to be implemented, that they will be terrific! I think when done, the extra work on the GUI will pay off, as boring as it is to most people waiting for some updates on more flashy stuff. We're through the worst of it now I imagine
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
Nomad Soul
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2021 02:40
I wouldn't worry about the pace right now, lets just look at the quality.
All the things we have seen so far have been absolutely top notch and of course that takes more time on each feature.
The UI work has almost completed now and Max is much better for it. This was a necessary step to finalise the editor functionality.
I'm very happy with the decisions being made at the moment and the results of those decisions are evident on the streams and in the product.
The worst possible thing that could happen now is they start trying to rush things and undermine all the great stuff that has been done and already in progress.
Lets just let the team do their work and focus on the parts of the engine being demonstrated and released each week.
There is nothing useful that is going to come from speculating about things none of us have inside knowledge about.

Amazing stream again this week Lee.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2021 09:39
Quote: "Am I the only one thinking UI is about the last thing to tidy up-- ?
kinda like installing some fancy decor then an alarm system in your house, but you already moved
into the house, and it's of course fully functional first. Your floors, lighting, windows, doors, furniture
and appliances are in, the A/C is going great. "

I'm going to say yes and no to this.

On the "yes they should be doing the UI first" side, you need to have the major framework if a UI there before adding the actual features, otherwise the coding becomes a mess, it makes life far easier on the devs, and on future devs for updates etc. if the framework is in place so you can just hook your feature in, but if the framework isn't in place you then have to code that portion of the UI as you work on the feature, this means that over time parts of the UI even if all done by the same person will be differently coded.

On the flip side of the coin, the "no they should leave the UI until last" side, aesthetically the UI isn't important until the end of development, so personally i would say, get the major framework done as early as possible and make it modular with plenty of scope for easy hook ins, but don't worry about making it pretty until it's close to release, multiple coloured themes aren't important right now, so get the framework in place and have the basis of themes in place, but leave making the different themes until they're needed.
Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Primary Laptop:

Secondary Laptop:

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
it's always the way with new things though - you spend most of the time developing the idea and / or changing stuff around or coming up with new ideas on how to add to the experience etc.
it's the same reason games take companies years to create but can be cloned in a way shorter time by much fewer people - the actual designing side is already done, you just have to copy what is already there and you have a very clear goal
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Oh lord no, please don't, the YouTube automatic subtitle algorithm is absolutely horrible, I've seen so many videos using it and the Youtuber is saying one thing and the subtitles say something completely the opposite."

Sincerely youtube automatic translation always helped me to better undestand speech... especially since english is not my primary language

I think doesnt cost anything to lee to left us the possibility to switch subtitles on or off... them always helped me to follow the focus of the videos itself..
PC 1 Specs:
M/B GIGABYTE AX370, SVGA ATI XFX RX580 GTS XXX EDITION 8GB GDDR5 , 1X SSD M.2 TRANSCEND S110 1TB, 1X SSD SAMGUNG EVO QVO 870 1TB SATA3 ,1X HDD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB, 1X HDD TOSHIBA 2TB

PC 2 Specs:
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
are the subtitles not always available? they are there for me, you just have to wait a bit for them to get created i think?
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2021 16:28 Edited at: 10th Apr 2021 17:36
"the YouTube automatic subtitle algorithm is absolutely horrible, "

Not arguing against that, but why should it be? Youtube is Google,
and Google should rank near the highest in this type of technology.
Maybe they haven't sunk any money into this on Youtube captions.
Are they mad they can't get enough $65 / month subscribers!? LOL
Seriously? The whole intention today is to escape the enormous scam
that Cable TV has been -- leaching out of it's subscribers pockets!
((Glad to say that except for a few months maybe 17 years ago,
I never subscribed to cable tv.))
Update: I don't see Youtube subtitles as being so bad. Just watched it.
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
now i can see them too.. some days ago not.. good for me lol
PC 1 Specs:

PC 2 Specs:
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2021 13:00
Quote: "now i can see them too.. some days ago not.. good for me lol"

They're automatic, but can't be used during live sessions, and when the recorded version of the live broadcast goes up (lee doesn't upload it, YouTube does it automatically) it sometimes takes a couple of days for YouTube to process and add them.
Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Primary Laptop:

Secondary Laptop:

JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "They're automatic, but can't be used during live sessions, and when the recorded version of the live broadcast goes up (lee doesn't upload it, YouTube does it automatically) it sometimes takes a couple of days for YouTube to process and add them.
Primary Desktop:"
thanks mate...understood
PC 1 Specs:

PC 2 Specs:
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 10:42:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 10:42:34