Product Chat / [LOCKED] More rubbish on Steam-surely this has to stop

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2021 14:05
Just a link from the TGC forum for those that don't visit there.
Didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
Still the guy like the gun anims.

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/227398

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2021 14:17
Laugh i think, but what is the problem?

This is what GG is about, an FPS and easy creation.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Another very good reason for not having " Create Standalone " enabled in Max until its much further down the line and less assets as well IMHO.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Cobbs
Years of Service
User Offline
Why would it have to stop? It doesn't affect GG. The way that it does affect GG isn't really that important unless you feel it's negative press or something like that.
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
"Another very good reason for not having " Create Standalone " enabled in Max until its much further down the line and less assets as well IMHO."
Yes, and no.

Yes-- I'm not asking for standalone now. I don't even have MAX yet since it's not a viable tool, I'm not interested in the teasers they are dangling at us. I am happy to get it when it's ready (but soon would be nice!)

No-- And yet they have already distributed these games. People will make the games regardless, and to be honest, Youtube "reviewers" will continue to create videos that 'flame' whatever they can to get views -- on all these games placed on Steam whether they are in Unity, Unreal, GG, MAX, etc. But this certainly does not help- sad.

I was about to start a new thread pretty closely related to this very topic... TGC should really pay more attention to supporting genres outside the First Person Shooter. The 3 genres they are "supporting" @MAX // the method // is not going to be more than a scratch in the earths crust when we need to get to the core, for these asset flippers who can't script or model or wouldn't bother to learn how anyway.

They got a basic tool that they are using in the most basic way. It's up to the creator to at least spend more than 6 hours making the game.

I've seen some pretty nice, customized, heartfelt games made with FPSC-- as AE has documented on his YT channel. Why hasn't GG produced more than maybe a couple yet in the last 3 years? Something happened in it's history like the Great Flood that smothered civilization and pushed it back to the beginning and with less technology and resources to start with. ??
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2021 22:20 Edited at: 25th Feb 2021 22:22
i don't get the problem though - steam has a refund option, why should they get to decide what I play? i use steam every day and never come across such games because i don't go looking for them... notice how the games have no user reviews or ratings? because nobody even knows they exist... it's not a problem, if you don't want to see the crap don't go scraping around the bottom of the barrel.
these youtuber's need content so they make it a "problem", it's just exaggerated for views just like any media.

also watching the "melee" in GG always makes me laugh.. it's so terrible - @Lee please don't copy classic's melee system into Max, you can do so much better
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2021 22:31
Yeah, and most likely these YouTubers fanboys are not the audience we are looking for.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
@smallg;
yep, the Youtuber, while degrading the game, seemed to be really
getting some fun out of the melee, and even shooting. lol
also-- wake up those reptilians- right?!

FPS shooter isn't for me. I did however have quite a bit of fun on a PlayStation 2 fps game.
I'm trying to remember the Title. Ahh... this is it, Army Men 3D. 1999 Classic! That's my speed.
https://youtu.be/1ZlBk9JJ_jU?t=80
Distance shots, good strategy, possibly better AI than GG (AI hold their position better).
Haven't cared for any other FPS, see above TGC work on further genres...
PM
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2021 00:02 Edited at: 26th Feb 2021 00:05
Quote: "I've seen some pretty nice, customized, heartfelt games made with FPSC-- as AE has documented on his YT channel. Why hasn't GG produced more than maybe a couple yet in the last 3 years?"

It's worth mentioning there were just as many lacklustre games made with FPSC but 1) that was mostly before Steam opened its doors to literally anyone with $100, and 2) FPSC itself, whilst not perfect, was stable enough to allow users to create unique environments relatively easily. Hence you ended up with plenty of good games, and plenty of bad ones. With Game Guru, the bad games get exposure as YouTube fodder, the good games are seldom ever finished because Game Guru is a lot more rough around the edges.

Quote: "TGC should really pay more attention to supporting genres outside the First Person Shooter."

I disagree. Broadening the scope of FPSC-R (FPS only) to Game Guru (any genre) was one of its major failings; it tried to be a jack of all trades but was master of none. Let's not make the same mistake twice. Flippers gon' flip, regardless of genre.

As for BOTR's original post, that's Steam problem not TGC. There's nothing TGC can do to stop people churning out quick cash-grabs in 10 minutes...other than developing a really sweet engine that allows plenty of decent games to be made, enough to outshine the cash-grabs!

AE
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2021 01:04
Quote: "
As for BOTR's original post, that's Steam problem not TGC. There's nothing TGC can do to stop people churning out quick cash-grabs in 10 minutes...other than developing a really sweet engine that allows plenty of decent games to be made, enough to outshine the cash-grabs!"

I agree. There are enough Unity projects with the same "effort" churned in for a quick $.
Not TGC's fault! (See, I can be reasonable, sometimes...)
"I am a road map, I will lead and you will follow, I will teach and you will learn, when you leave my sprint planning you will be weapons, focused and full of JIRA tickets, Hot Rod rocket development gods of precision and strength, terrorizing across the repository and hunting for github submits."
Fitz marc ade
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 26th Feb 2021 12:03
I do not think it gives Game Guru too much of a negative at all. It is more aimed at Steam and how the developers can create poor quality products and scam people as well as pretend to be any publisher and developer they want without any checks from steam. Come on they did not even attempt to create their own menu's or screens or logos, some of those games are default demo maps with poor assets inserted. If anything it goes to show how quick and easy it is to create a game with the software, albeit not a very good game. Any kind of free publicity is good publicity about Game Guru, it could also lead people to looking into the GG MAX now. Anyone who has any common sense knows that any good game is only as good as the development team, not the game engine.

Unity has had the same for even longer and so has Unreal Engine. They are not held responsible for all the bad games that come out with their software. You will always find people trying to make a quick buck some way or another in any aspect of life. A real publisher would not have released a product like that without some quality control and public feedback from a demo or videos etc..

That video was aimed at Steam and that developing team and the fake publishers it created on steam to sell bad games too easily without any checks at all.
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2021 13:09
Yeah, dunno - just saw the SmallFry logo and stopped watching immediately - quite capable of deciding if I want to play a game for myself.

Don't give him any screen time - complete waste of screen pixels - lol

If people want to make a trashy game - they simply will. But it is not a reflection of the capabilities of the engine used for it - simples....

OldFlak....
System Specs
i7-9700K 3.60GHz. ASUS NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 32GB Themaltake ToughRam Z-ONE 3600.
Main Screen: HP 27" @1920x1080 - Screens 2\3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider
aka Reliquia
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2021 18:58
Anyway, I want to see cool demos when GGMax being ready to go, you guys are ready to do so, and more else.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
dudeson
Years of Service
User Offline
loool. That video is hilarious, the second game says "Insert your own logo here" and what a surprise it was for the YouTuber haha. I mean if someone is making a game with GG at least either publish it for free or work hard to make it better. The AI was just still during the first game he tried, it did not do anything, there was no context whatsoever. Here's the thing, I think GG is great but these people blindly go in and make whatever they want because they don't have patience and don't READ.
PM
Cobbs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2021 20:55 Edited at: 26th Feb 2021 20:56
Nothing scammy is actually happening, though. If these games were scams to purchase on a platform that doesn't allow refunds and such, as well as doesn't allow reviews -- then I'd agree. But that's not happening, so I'd say enjoy the party. It's just some goofy games.
PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2021 23:30
It might well be that this was created in order to have some content for a video because just like smallg, i've also never seen such on steam.
In fact, if i look for it i'm not even finding it on steam.
But this guy find several titles and creates a video.... even if it is legit, then obviously this has been removed from steam.
But wasn't there question of paying in order to publish on steam? and after greenlight?

Quote: "I disagree. Broadening the scope of FPSC-R (FPS only) to Game Guru (any genre) was one of its major failings; it tried to be a jack of all trades but was master of none. Let's not make the same mistake twice. Flippers gon' flip, regardless of genre."

As far as i know GG has alway been an FPS creator, it should not have changed it's name.
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2021 02:35 Edited at: 27th Feb 2021 02:38
Quote: "TGC should really pay more attention to supporting genres outside the First Person Shooter."
Quote: / AE: "I disagree. Broadening the scope of FPSC-R (FPS only) to Game Guru (any genre) was one of its major failings; it tried to be a jack of all trades but was master of none. Let's not make the same mistake twice. Flippers gon' flip, regardless of genre."

So-- how did GG try to broaden the scope of FPSC? What specific system? And if those systems (in fact the ones they are trying to improve upon in MAX!) weren't abandoned half way through, wouldn't it actually be quite beneficial? I wrote half a book chapter response to this statement, then removed it because I'm trying not to be "that guy" who just has too much to say, even though I'm sure I'm right!

I'll sum it up with this observation (not just an opinion), but a real review of GG how flippers & reviewers look at it.
What you have @GG is an auto-build 32 bit (Apocalyptic Zombie First Person Shooter) engine out of the box. That's the basic tool the flippers use in the most basic way. And the cynical, troll reviewers are well fed! What should TGC do? Make a stronger, modernized (Apocalyptic Zombie First Person Shooter) engine?
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 27th Feb 2021 06:15
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The game is doing exactly what lee wanted gameguru to do and certainly succeeded in that purpose. The creator is completely entitled to do as he pleases, how he pleases, when he pleases in fact it is pretty much none of yours or any ones else's business to be honest. Yes sounds rude, and abandonment of wokeness and being PC , is certainly going to drive certain individuals mad.

Whether good, bad, awesome or otherwise, it really has nothing to do with you.

If I can give you a good example, you don't like KFC/Nandos/Mc Donalds, nor do you buy it for your self or any one else, you don't go and tell every person you meet in normal conversation that KFC/Nandos/MC donalds is terrible, do you ?

This thread is exactly like that, don't like it, you are under no obligation to buy it, or play or watch any youtube videos about it.

To be clear I am neutral in this matter, neither support or defend the creator or the users here, and with the creator being completely within his rights to use stock media, 3rd party media, not exactly sure why people are complaining.

the creator did nothing wrong, absolutely nothing......And if you going to throw the valve angle about, you are paying valve to publish, they really don't care about the quality of games, whether good, average or otherwise, they get money, from the creator and sales.The game works and is playable and probably fits and passed their criteria.

So....................yeah................come again ?

Win10 Pro 64bit----iCore5 4590 @ 3.7GHZ----AMD RX460 2gb----16gig ram
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2021 08:10
Interesting read, thought it might stir up some thoughts.
Mods, please lock ta
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I can never understand with these quickly cobbled together games, why the devs don't at least put some walls up to stop people leaving the map and going to the edge. Wouldn't make them much better, but at least would show less problems for minimum effort.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Thread Locked by OP request.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-08 02:20:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-08 02:20:07