Product Chat / [SOLVED] Due for my first VR Set... Advice Please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys

I'm not a big gamer.. in fact, I havnt played a game for longer than 30 minutes the past 6 months, BUT, I Love Writing Games for educational purposes (Mostly using AppGameKit), thats one the reason I bought GG and VR Quest and looking into the 3D gaming thing...

I've decided to look into some VR Goggles, seems that might be the "future" for gaming. But I don't want to spend 100dreds.... of dollars

I'm in china for the past 5 years, and looking around on the local stores, and look at the oculus headset, which will not break the bank at all... but there is still a bunch of things I'm not sure of...

Comparision between the Oculus Go, Rift, and Quest... I've read some reviews for Pro's & Cons (Google is not always that "trustworthy"), but because of my lack in knowledge when it come to these things, I still need some guru advice..

Personally I look at the Oculus Quest, which is the most expensive between the 3, but still not sure... Microsoft headset almost 3 times the price of the Oculus in China, and the other "no that popular" sets I'm not interested in

ANY ADVICE!!!

Thanks

Nothing is impossible,
Your mind is the Limit!!!
Cubemaps -> Skymaps GUI creator - Thread
Super Fast File Scanner - Thread

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Actually the New Oculus Quest 2 ( which I would highly recommend ) is the cheapest at just £299
Portable, Wireless to you can take it anywhere. Kind of a VR games console. And of course you can use the Oculus Link to play all Steam VR games and Rift via the USB cable. You need a good PC but then you do for them all anyway.
The only down side for me is its White

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2020 09:21
yeah what is it with white, I got my Dell Mixed Reality on ebay for around £200 or so which is also white, works like a charm with GG / VR Quest.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "yeah what is it with white, I got my Dell Mixed Reality on ebay for around £200"

Actually thats a good point. Ebay is a good source right now.
PM
DannyD
Years of Service
User Offline
@synchromesh, I look at the Quest, because of the stand alone function.
The Quest 2 will only be available in China 9 November, and more expensive..... in China

Or I wait till Quest 2 availability in china... and by then the mood to buy VR might be over.... and I might save... or buy the Quest "1"
hahaha

Thanks for the advice.. I might go for the Oculus Quest then... just need to decide buy now or wait...

Nothing is impossible,
Your mind is the Limit!!!
Cubemaps -> Skymaps GUI creator - Thread
Super Fast File Scanner - Thread
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Well you can bet there will be many Quest 1's for sale at a good price from those Upgrading.
However bigger Fool them . Quest 2 is awesome but only a little better than the Quest 1 so no plans for me to upgrade any time soon
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:16:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:16:24