Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2020 00:52 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2020 01:00

https://github.com/davismcphee/script-guru-tools

WATCH DEMO VIDEO
DOWNLOAD 64 BIT ALPHA
DOWNLOAD 32 BIT ALPHA

Overview

One of the major issues with releasing a standalone GameGuru game is missing assets. GameGuru attempts to automatically track all assets referenced by FPE files, scripts, etc., but often times it misses some. This is where manually managing your assets with an FPP file can be useful. However, the process of manually creating and maintaining an FPP can be tedious, which is why I created ScriptGuru Tools - FPP Manager.

FPP Manager is essentially a specialized directory navigation app for creating, importing, and editing FPP files. It's the first "tool" in what will hopefully become a collection GameGuru utility apps, which is why the app itself is called ScriptGuru Tools. This should allow me to release future tools without forcing people to install yet another app (beyond this one ) on their computer.

Here's a screenshot and video for those interested, and feel free to download the alpha and provide some feedback. If you find a bug or would like to suggest an enhancement, you can leave a comment here or, even better, open an issue on GitHub.

Instructions
- Build your GameGuru standalone
- Launch ScriptGuru Tools and set your GameGuru root folder path -- this is required for the tools to work
- Navigate to FPP Manager from the sidebar and set your game standalone path
- Optionally add an existing FPP to use as a base -- note that changing this or the game path while editing will reset the FPP Manager
- Edit your FPP file as needed
- Click the "Save FPP" button to save your modified FPP file

Planned Features & Improvements
- Improved file/folder type check (only using extension name right now)
- Speed improvements when searching
- Show selected only/hide selected
- Undo/redo functionality
- Allow excluding folders
- Disable children when parent is selected
- Unsaved changes check
- File details and previews

License
There's no license in the GitHub repo yet, but all ScriptGuru projects are free and open source (MIT license). Regardless I wouldn't rely on this until I officially release it. There're probably some bugs and stuff.

And one last thing: please suggest some ideas for future ScriptGuru Tools! My goal is to build ScriptGuru Tools into a set of helpful utilities to ease development of GameGuru games. Although I should note that once GG Max is out, all ScriptGuru projects will focus primarily on it instead of GG Classic.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2020 02:58
Moved this thread to third party tools.
RIP
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

New:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.81GHz, 12GB RAM, Nvidia gtx1050ti 4gb, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Screen resolution 1920 x 1080. System Passmark 3774

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2020 17:18
Looks like a good tool darimc , good luck with it

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce RTX™ 2070 GAMING OC 8G
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
3840 x 2160 ,60 Hz
PM
darimc
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2020 21:47
Thanks, granada! Hopefully I can get a full release out here pretty soon and start work on the next tool .
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2020 09:33
I can see users needing this, well done and good luck with the tool.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 8GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64) + 2GB , Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Awaiting VR headset
HeadClot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2020 23:30 Edited at: 4th Jun 2020 23:52
Edit: I posted in the wrong thread.
PM
darimc
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2020 23:30
Quote: "I can see users needing this, well done and good luck with the tool. "

Thanks, hopefully some users find a use for it!

Updates

I've been working on updates to the FPP Manager the past couple of days. Here are a list of the latest changes:
- Major speed improvements when searching or navigating
- Show all/unselected/selected toggles
- Undo/redo functionality
- Exclude folders by right-clicking on their labels
- UI improvements

Screenshot with updated UI:

I'm planning on releasing another Alpha this week with the latest changes, and then I'll look at a V1 release. I'm also considering a few additional features including improved file type checking, icon support for more file types, unsaved changes checks, and file details & previews. Check this thread for updates soon!

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2020 07:05
Nice one. Will be following this
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 8GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64) + 2GB , Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Awaiting VR headset, Aerodrums

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 05:34:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 05:34:01