Years of Service
User Offline
hi:
is there by any chance an adapter
or program..... that will change FPS creator... so i can use
the prefabs of FPS creator on gameguru?
to use the entities and so on?
is that be posible?
waiting your reply at your earliest coveinance.
thanks
nazco

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2020 18:44
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Hi nazco
you can check this out

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/221285

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce RTX™ 2070 GAMING OC 8G
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
3840 x 2160 ,60 Hz
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2020 19:10
You can use the entities of FPSC in game guru, mostly you just need simple edits to the fpe files (those you have to do yourself).
If you want to hone your graphics you will need to create shader maps and assign a shader -> also in the .fpe file ( you can just grab GG .fpe files and fpsc .fpe files and reverse engineer them. Post here if you have questions.)

Segments don't work in GG, you will have to import them as entities.

-Wolf
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes. Wolf- I was just looking at the FPS characters earlier today before
I saw this post. So good timing. I know nothing about the .fpe's
Could you give an example on what would need to be changed?

When you said; "Segments don't work in GG, you will have to import
them as entities." Is this why:
Some of them don't show up in the files, and some don't show
up when you are dragging them to place on the map. (This question
is for all things, not just the characters.)

Also do you think the animations are strait forward in GG lua? Thanks.
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2020 10:37
@Gubby Blips : Characters are a whole different thing as you will need to add their animation frames to the characters .fpe in game guru. You best grab a similar character already in GG, then compare. If you don't know, you can actually see the frames and what key they are at using the free version of fragmotion.

Quote: "Some of them don't show up in the files, and some don't show
up when you are dragging them to place on the map. (This question
is for all things, not just the characters.)"

Segments use a very different file structure and you would have to make them entities to work. Thats a whole different can of worms as you have to unify what you got in FPSC from the meshbank and the texturebank and make a single entity out of it.

Some objects may not show up in GG at all, if you just dragged and dropped your FPSC library due to incompatible textures (.tga does not show up in GG) or because they reference the meshbank which is absent in GG. In this case you will need to copy the model (the .x file) to your GG entitybank.

Characters as I said can not be drag and drop and need the animation frames added to their .fpe... some more special characters would need entirely new scripts as well.

This might seem daunting at first, but if you start with simple static objects and work your way up, you should be getting there soon.

-Wolf
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2020 15:56 Edited at: 5th Mar 2020 16:09
Another thing to note about FPSC > GG. The meshes and textures are generally in separate folders altogether (As Wolf has mentioned). It can be quite tedious to connect them all again as once you move all your assets' components into the entity folder, you'll need to update every single FPE file associated. I've done most of this work for people here.

However, your question is about Prefabs, so you'll need to take the segment tile mesh and copy that over and then generate a new FPE file referencing the FPS file. Also will require moving textures around as well. Again very tedious. Game Guru, however, does have an okay (has its faults) tile grid-snapping mode. Which is great for 100x100 tiles like segments. You will find walls are a complete annoyance however as you may need to run them in Fragmotion to change their anchor points just so that in GG they snap properly.

Door corridors do not convert over. Because GG does not support Boolean hole punching, unlike FPSC. So you will most likely have to create corridors yourself by modifying an existing segment wall mesh. Additionally, the door frames are not part of the corridor meshes nor textures, as the FPS file in FPSC is what groups the frame to the corridor (wall). So you will have to also make the door frame an entity too.

Just a quick test I was doing with some FPSC textures on newly created wall meshes and corridors (+frames):

For what its worth, I'd check out the link Granada posted. I've not personally used it and not sure if it saves off prefabs? But looks nifty.

By the way, if most of the segments you are interested in bringing into GG are fairly flat, you should consider using the EBE (Structure Builder) in Game Guru and you can easily import textures from FPSC to GG to paint on the walls and floors.

Store Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2020 23:43
Yes the Autowelder ports over both segments and prefab from fpsc, textures etc all copied over
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro, Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 21:54:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 21:54:36