Product Chat / Idea / vote on the philosophy of development aspects of GameGuru MAX

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2020 16:22 Edited at: 15th Feb 2020 17:48
People of earth! Developers! Lee!

I would like to use this post to call out a suggestion (if you want as a form of vote) regarding one important topic that was never quite discussed, but is nevertheless very important in my humble opinion.
I will put it as simple as I can, but understanding it, will lead to a more versatile game-development-product whatever GameGuru Max will be on its release-date in September 2020.

Here it goes:

Esteemed Lee, please consider GameGuru MAX to be more open to what I want to call "creative abuse"!

Here are two examples I can think of:

Usage of character-editor:
- I would love to be able to use the forthcoming character-editor to create abnormal creatures, like we can see in our favourite horror-movies or Sci-Fi-thrillers: An exagerated huge head with NO EYES, goes delightfully well together with a non-existent torso on gigantic chicken-legs. Please allow us to use at least exagerated and non-human / non-realistic proportions and parameters in the character-editor. I consider this a KEY-element for creating new lifeforms for dream / horror / dystopian / surreal / sci fi-scenarios. I once put an astronaut helmet on a horned head in the old character-editor and it rocked!

Sizing entities:
- Please allow for automatic adjustments of specific parameters of dynamic entities (for example a small monster bought in a shop) in order to work properly in GG MAX. I have bought this monster once in the GG shop, which I installed in my prototype game. But I wanted to have it MUCH bigger, so I proportionally stretched the Z-axis, obtaingin an impressive HUGE monster. Since I am a sounddesigner I could also add some scary sounds etc. and I liked the result very much. Unfortunately this stupid creature doesnt stay on the ground, regardless what weight I gave it. Also it sometimes attacks the player running in the wrong direction, which kind of disrupts the effect of being an horrific creature... It was working fine, when I did not touch the Z-axis-widget. I lack 90% of necesary 3D-modelling capabilities to call myself a 3D-modeller, so maybe this is my problem. However, with GG being a WYSIWYG-editor, these things should be straightened out automatically. Let´s have exageratedly HUGE and TINY entitites and things in our levels, please.

So, these are only two examples. Personally I am quickly bored by "realism". I can have realism any time looking out of the windows, so I guess we have a lot of unused potential in GG when it comes to creating NEW worlds.

Also nice:
DIFFERENT physics at different HEIGHTS (Think about it for a moment)

Everyone have a great, creative weekend!

Robert /.-)
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 4 x CORES / FPUs @3900 MHz - NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti [2 GB] passive cooled - 16GB DDR 3 SDRAM - Win 10 Pro [64 Bit] - Audiosystem: Marian Marc Seraph AD2 - 2 x UAD-2 DSPs
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
(As of this posting/ and as far as I can tell...), TGC's intent is not to
provide a highly diversified platform for fantastic creativity.
Back in the Army they liked to tell us; "This isn't Burger King! you don't get
it the way you want it!"
Back to the day when FPSC and GG first came out, the Zombie apocalypse
was all the rage! Movies, TV, you name it Zombie this, Zombie that. You see
what this brought us, a whole slew of zombies with blood gushing from
their faces and guts sloshing out.

Aside from a few other reptilian or winged creatures, that is the extent of
imaginative 'creatures' provided stock to GG.
And likely a primary reason was the stock animations could be inherited
by the zombies (or any true-to-human form).
Aliens would be nice to be able to create...

As you put it;
realism is everywhere. Visuals like realism is where the mainstreamists
are headed. But I too like a bit of flexibility and imagination in a game
but it's probably not their job to create the game for the user, just the
engine. Hopes can get crushed if they are all one survives on.

Maybe there will be a way that the store can supply add-ones to the
Character Creator MAX. That would be terrific.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2020 18:34 Edited at: 15th Feb 2020 18:37
Quote: "Aside from a few other reptilian or winged creatures, that is the extent of
imaginative 'creatures' provided stock to GG."

There are a good 150 Characters in the free classic DLC which are pretty varied I thought.
Egyptian
Freaks
middangeard
Sci- Fi
Viral Outbreak
Zombie Apocypse
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
benjiboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2020 18:37
I would like it, but I'm guessing the CC has to have all the bits that make up a humanoid in order for the rigging and animations to work. From what I remember Unity suffers from similar limitations.
You can't teach an old dog.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2020 18:48
Realtime mesh modification is needed and I love the idea of unusual creatures etc, using our imaginations. Hell we used our imaginations all the time in the 70s we had nothing else .
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro, Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2020 18:56 Edited at: 15th Feb 2020 18:56
Does the Max in GG-Max stand for Max-ed Out....... LoL
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2020 19:34 Edited at: 15th Feb 2020 19:36
Quote: "Does the Max in GG-Max stand for Max-ed Out....... LoL"

No Max as in Pepsi .. Suger free meaning more can always be added later
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Mrs Baird
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2020 13:33
At least let me switch off the eyes in that monster for that gigeresque shiver... Or take away the lips-section!

Also exagerated hats would surely help a lot...
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 4 x CORES / FPUs @3900 MHz - NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti [2 GB] passive cooled - 16GB DDR 3 SDRAM - Win 10 Pro [64 Bit] - Audiosystem: Marian Marc Seraph AD2 - 2 x UAD-2 DSPs

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 00:23:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 00:23:09