Tutorials & Guides / Instructions for FBX2GG - exporting, rigging, decimating, &FBX2GG etc.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I made a set of instructions to help people export a Fuse model, upload it to Mixamo to be rigged, decimated in Blender 2.79, processed with FBX2GG etc.

It's 56 pages with lots of pictures, and the download is 7.8 MB

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2019 05:27
Nice, thanks for taking the time to do that. I'm interested in the blender bit so will have a look at later
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2019 07:44
@Len the man
Looking forward to making use of this. Read through it already - great explanation

Anyone know if the author of FBX2GG is still around, I be waiting for a reply about getting this tool.
Perhaps if the new character Creator works I may not need it, but when we will get that is anyone's guess.

OldFlak....
aka Reliquia
i7-4790 @ 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. M1: Acer 31.5" @1920x1080 M2: Samsung 31.5" @ 1920 x 1080. M3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider.
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2019 13:23
Thanks Len , good job on this

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce RTX™ 2070 GAMING OC 8G
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
3840 x 2160 ,60 Hz
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2019 14:35
Awesome! Now in the tutorials section.
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
@OldFlak - The creator of FBX2GG is rafhalzer. You might try to find him in the forum and send him a PM if he doesn't reply to your e-mail soon.

Thanks for the kind words folks... I hope this set of instructions helps.
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2019 21:03 Edited at: 4th Dec 2019 21:04
like i said on discord many many thanks for your effort and great guide....

about rafhalzer... i dont think he is around here anymore .. mail maybeis the best choice..
PC 2 Specs:
AMD RYZEN 2600 SIX CORE @3,70, 64GB RAM DDR4 2400, M/B GIGABYTE AX370
SVGA NVDIA 1660GTX 6GB , SSD M.2 TRANSCEND S110 1TB, 1X HDD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB, 1X HDD TOSHIBA 2TB

PC 2 Specs:
AMD QUADCORE 880K @4.5GHZ, 32GB RAM DDR3 1600, M/B ASUS A88XM-PLUS
SVGA RADEON R9 380 4GB , SSD KINGSTON A400 1TB, 2X HHD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2019 06:20 Edited at: 6th Dec 2019 06:23
Yeah, rafhalzer seams to be non-reachable by email too....

Have had mixed results getting characters into GG using the importer - but have had no success getting them to animate, and GG does a good job of ruining the textures lol.

Exported a fuse character with animations from Miximo, opened it in blender and all the animations are there, and works perfectly in blender. But exporting to X from blender, doesn't even show in GG.

OldFlak....
aka Reliquia
i7-4790 @ 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. M1: Acer 31.5" @1920x1080 M2: Samsung 31.5" @ 1920 x 1080. M3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2019 11:36
@Len the Man-good instructions, well done again on this
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2019 15:06
Somewhere lurking in the net is a vid of Lee bringing in the dragon model into GG explaining all the steps including importing animations,but I can’t find it

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
31.96 GB RAM
3840 x 2160 ,60 Hz
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Somewhere lurking in the net is a vid of Lee bringing in the dragon model into GG explaining all the steps including importing animations,but I can’t find it"

are you sure? i never seen that..
PC 2 Specs:
AMD RYZEN 2600 SIX CORE @3,70, 64GB RAM DDR4 2400, M/B GIGABYTE AX370
SVGA NVDIA 1660GTX 6GB , SSD M.2 TRANSCEND S110 1TB, 1X HDD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB, 1X HDD TOSHIBA 2TB

PC 2 Specs:
AMD QUADCORE 880K @4.5GHZ, 32GB RAM DDR3 1600, M/B ASUS A88XM-PLUS
SVGA RADEON R9 380 4GB , SSD KINGSTON A400 1TB, 2X HHD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2019 03:29
Yeah, would love to see it
All the stuff I have read about getting characters to work are pure mind-boggling - surely it doesn't need to be that hard.

OldFlak....
aka Reliquia
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2019 16:40 Edited at: 7th Dec 2019 16:49
It might have been on one of he’s broadcasts but I remember it well showing how to append animations ect

There is this one

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JLE96dx27Ac

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
31.96 GB RAM
3840 x 2160 ,60 Hz
PM
Northern
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2019 21:11
Hi all,

@Len the man:

Congratulations on your detailed and illustrated manual. Great work.

-Northern
PM
Skoglund
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone had this error when importing a .fbx to FBX2GG?

Error
Runtime Error 7018 - Could not load 3D object at line 10456

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2020 08:24
Try decimating the fbx model first
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro, Purebasic, others
Skoglund
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Bored of the Rings, do you men decimate the mesh/faces? They are only 18000, i have had success with higher faces when importing to fbx2gg. Might it be placement or camera or something that is the problem?

I don't understand "Could not load 3D object at line 10456" I have tried googling it but to one seems to have had that problem
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2020 18:44
Maybe tool just doesnt like that model. Maybe contact rafhalzer the creator of fbx2gg. Doing this by phone so cant post his email address.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro, Purebasic, others
Peri
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2020 17:02 Edited at: 4th Mar 2020 17:04
Maybe my video also can help for who missed it a year ago

Skoglund
Years of Service
User Offline
Peri thank you for the tutorial, you helped me allot when i had questions on how to do it on youtube!

Thanks to rafhalzer for the help via mail on how to solve the Error on FBX2GG "Runtime Error 7018 - Could not load 3D object at line 10456

To solve it open the FBX in Ultimate Unwrap3D Pro > Save as FBX and make sure you tick the box: Replace special characters in misc

PM
Peri
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Sure, its great thing the community help each other keep creating.
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Question: if we don't have FBX2GG, what would be the alternative
3p tool to use? I know someone that would be very interested in
working with putting (FBX) models into GG. Thanks.
PM
RJ is out Leave a message
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2020 15:59 Edited at: 25th May 2020 17:15
Ok, I'm going to ask this question that "nobody" can seem to answer except in riddles and only creating deception and trying to take our money. I want to know how to get a [MOD EDIT] default character with all the animations and skin files into Game Guru with no issues or [MOD EDIT]. We want to know how do do this from beginning to end. Without paying for that stupid FBXGG program. And I sure as hell don't need to hear why didn't you learn to do this or that using the tutorials for make human or that silly Lee Bamber YT video he did. Some of us just don't have the time patience. Some of us paid for Milkshape3D and Frag motion. However, both of these programs seem to crash when we try to import or export to X file which "SHOULD" be the final out put and ready to be used in GG. Are you trying to tell us we have to keep yelling at the companies that created Milkshape3D and Frag motion to come up with a plug in that out puts the latest version of GG ??? I don't mean to be angry , hateful and down right nasty to anybody or anything towards my fellow artist and independent developers and entertainers. But this has gone on long enough ! And this bozo who developed that FBX2GG program seriously needs to get his [MOD EDIT] together or somebody needs to get their [MOD EDIT] together and start selling this thing for a reasonable price and get a website up and running with a video to prove this thing really works. I'm not going to just e-mail some total stranger give them hard cold cash and over pay for a piece of software which could have been integrated into the engine in the first place ! Are things really going to get this bad when GGMax finally rears its ugly head ? Gee, I hope Lee allows us to use a free plug in to fix that creepy blank dead stare the beta characters have when talking to us because right now the encouragement level for GGmax is going down the loo and fast ! Somebody, Anybody "PLEASE" get your stuff together ! Were not going through the same mess we did with FPSC classic. This is [MOD EDIT]
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2020 17:24 Edited at: 25th May 2020 17:36
You could have said all that without one swear word and an in a way where users may want to help you.

Quote: "Ok, I'm going to ask this question that "nobody" can seem to answer except in riddles and only creating deception and trying to take our money."
Where have you asked ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 25th May 2020 21:44
I would normally try to help anyone, but if you're going to use that kind of language and have that bad an attitude ....,.

As to fragmotion crashing, I've never know fragmotion to crash in the years I have used it.

Fbx2gg is a third party program, it works really well, but nobody here has anything to do with it, you need to get it from the author, if you don't like his distribution method then you need to take it up with him not us.

Without fbx2gg the best route (in my opinion ) to get a character using stock anims is to create your model and rig it in whatever software you use, then import it into fragmotion and use the bone matching options to add the animations from a stock model, and export it to .X, I've yet to find a way that works as well.

GG Max should make things better, I've heard that it will add the stock animations to your imported characters automatically. I go have my fingers crossed for that.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Primary Laptop:
i5, NV1050 4GB, 8GB memory, 1x 1TB HDD, Win10.

Secondary Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2020 21:51
As usual, and so typical. The high and mighty crying over spilled milk and still, No answer or Solutions to problems. Yea, You want us to buy up all these game assets at a store known for selling a crappy software program like NORMALIZER and buggy scripts and animated models that are out of alignment and we had to go in and either remodel the asset or re-write and add new script commands to scripts claimed to work in the so called new version of GG and when it doesn't. It's the end users job to fix it. Resulting in it being our property sense we had to modify said assets and scripts to get them to work at all in the engine. And yes, we tested the assets backwards and forwards no short of reverse engineering said user made scripts and game models. Did you not just read what I just said??? Can you only read the potty words and not comprehend what was just displayed ? I'll say it again.....real.....slow..so....that...even...five..year..olds..can..under..stand. We need a plug in for "OUR" software like Milkshape/Fragmotion/etc. Not this FBX2GG ! heck, we would have paid the extra buck if Lee Bamber had worked on that integrated character before moving on to the next feature. But that's life I guess and as for that feature voting thing. It's a bigger joke than that RPG world making thing you guys had many moons ago. I'm done venting and I don't expect any help, on any straight forward tutorials on how to get stuff done fast. Just alot of babbling and nonsense. have a nice day.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2020 22:29 Edited at: 25th May 2020 22:40
Quote: "You want us to buy up all these game assets at a store known for selling a crappy software program like NORMALIZER and buggy scripts and animated models that are out of alignment and we had to go in and either remodel the asset or re-write and add new script commands to scripts claimed to work in the so called new version of GG and when it doesn't. It's the end users job to fix it. "

If you are experiencing any issues with any media on the tgcstore.net, you must issue a ticket to the asset developer through the store directly. If the issue is not resolved, you can connect with the store admin to bring awareness to un-updated media. Its required by all sellers on the store to keep media updated to the latest GG version in order to continue selling with the store. Should also note that the store is not run or operated by TGC anymore. Its a place for community contribution and is not a required location for assets. For TGC developed assets, you will have to look to the Steam DLC packs. The DLC pack are maintained by TGC and are more vetted by the community and TGC to work in the latest GG versions.

Quote: "We need a plug in for "OUR" software like Milkshape/Fragmotion/etc. Not this FBX2GG "

A plug-in was created to allow for importing your FBX objects into Game Guru (outputs DBO and FPE). Which is a feature in the editor it self. Additionally, you could use Fragmotion or Blender (or even 3DsMAX for those that have it) and export in .X format. I have personally never had any issues with Fragmotion.
Store Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2020 05:44
Fragmotion keeps crashing every time I try to import an FBX file. I've also used other software from Autodesk, The FBX converter and it doesn't have a X. output plug in. I also, Like everybody else has, E-mailed the creator of FBX2GG and will see if he can sell me a copy of this holy grail of importing new animated characters into Game Guru. I even tried a variety of new and old 3D modeling software and the results in importing the characters turned out to be horrifying. Also I was just venting . With the stress of spending another small fortune on GG and then not being able to make any games for almost two years and then coming back to it to make some games and make a sale because this darn virus has put me out of work and I had to let go almost my entire dev team. I'm the only one who is working on this game project at this point. So all I can say is, I apologize for my rude behavior.So can anyone offer a program that has almost the same functions as FBX2GG or can I buy a copy from somebody else ? Do I need to download an older version of Blender and find a direct X exporter plug in ? My version is the newest one and for some reason there is direct x plug in. Did I miss something ? I have never asked for help on these forms because it makes me look like I don't know all the answers. Well today I admit I don't have all the answers. May you all stay safe and healthy to turn out some great stuff with GG and GG Max.
Northern
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2020 21:24 Edited at: 18th Jun 2020 21:26
Hi,

@RJ is out Leave a message:

If you are looking for a direct x exporter for 3ds max, you may find out in the link below:

http://www.cgdev.net/axe/download.php

However, be advised this stuff alone will not be the solution for all your problems of exporting your animated 3d Models into the GameGuru level.

Besides, make sure your animated 3d models have a poly count, including all lods, less than or equal to 19,000 polygons, otherwise, your models, perhaps, unfortunately, cannot be imported into the GameGuru. Also, verify if all animations are merged in only one animation file.

Character creation and animation is a hard, time consuming and painful work in particular if you are the only guy to make the model, rigging it and animate it.

Good luck !

Cheers,
-Northern

P.S.: I would like to warn everyone that for now, I am not able to make new models for my store at the TGC STORE at this moment, because my main computer has burned out, and at this time of pandemic and social distance it is not being very easy to fix it. Thank you!
-Northern
PM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2020 06:00 Edited at: 9th Jul 2020 06:06
I did everything the tutorial said to do. However the character only shows up fully in the editor but doesn't show up in the test game. Has anyone else had this issue ? And as you all can see, Were "NOT" making a kids game. Also I noticed topless Anna was not in her idle animation in the editor. Could this mean that the animations weren't processed in FBX2GG ? Could it be that when I left the PC to run an errand, It went into sleep mode and the program got screwed up?

Attachments

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2020 06:35
Same issue. Shows up in the editor, But not in the game. I even tried to walk up to where the character model was and nothing.

Attachments

PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 11th Jul 2020 19:34
Here is a wacky idea, why don't Lee buy the royalties or make some kind of deal with the creator of FBX2GG and make it part of GG, like RJ
was saying
Quote: " I'm not going to just e-mail some total stranger give them hard cold cash and over pay for a piece of software which could have been integrated into the engine in the first place "
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Skoglund
Years of Service
User Offline
I hope we get a tutorial for GGmax on how to import custom characters and what to think about
Also i hope it will be a "little" more easier
PM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2020 03:00
So,Nobody has or has had said issues above?
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2020 14:23
can you pm me a link to this character. X file, FPE, and the textures please.
I will take a look at it.
RIP
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

New:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.81GHz, 12GB RAM, Nvidia gtx1050ti 4gb, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Screen resolution 1920 x 1080. System Passmark 3774

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2020 19:36
I'm going to try again exporting the model. If no luck, I'll send you a private link to check out topless Anna asap. In the meantime I'm going back to my FPS Creator project. I can't continue to work on the GG project on old hardware. I'm sick and tired of going outside and taking a ten frame per second walk down the open test world and bugs that still plague this engine. I've got 3d models now that show up as animated puke and when I try to place an object where I want it to go it slips off the grid and get buried somewhere under the ground. It's only been five years and the engine still acts like it's running in an alpha version. At least FPSC only crashes when it really is your fault. Other than that with the black ice mod it runs perfectly on the latest update of Windows 10 when one's PC is not cluttered with crap or has some crappy program running in the background that FPSC doesn't get along with. By the way, unless someone has figured this out already, Be careful when using CCleaner, It likes to delete certain files from FPSC and if you clean your registry be ready to reinstall ! Other than that, Mr. Reviewed GameGuru on Steam, Your little joke is a bit old and poorly timed.
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2020 01:15
Perhaps I'll even make enough money or break even from our game to get this new rig up and running and hope it runs the Goo Goo Engine and the Goo Goo Gaa..Gaa Maximum VR engine ! I don't mean to be a dark cloud, But when the water in GG isn't going in the direction I want it too I just leave it alone for a month and work on the other project. Other than that you still have a wonderful tutorial here for making user made characters, I guess.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2020 08:12
here are YT video guides for anyone wanting to get Mixamo Fuse chars into GG. It doesn't use FBX2GG as it wasn't around then.
always has worked for me.

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/222087#msg2633601

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 06:12:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 06:12:34