Product Chat / SELLİNG GAME ON STEAM

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
You have to pay $ 100.00 USD for each product you want to distribute on steam.What is the matter than I don't have 100 dollar and besides my game never make 100 dolar so what is the point of making games.I am disappointed.My hours were wasted for nothing.What you guys think about those fees on steam ?
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2019 19:23 Edited at: 4th Sep 2019 19:25
Just sell your staff on itch.io, once you earned enough money on itch.io, you can still publish on Steam if you want to.

I don't know about others but itch.io become my no1 place to buy indie and DRM free content, creators also usually offer free Steam key if you purchase their product from itch.io because they don't need to pay that much revenue share. In-fact you choose how much you want to pay. Also more simple the entire process to publish your project to itch.io and roll out updates and practically free.

The only problem is that, to avoid people filling up itch.io with trash content, there is a limit how many projects and how many files / project and how big files you can upload, but if you need more space all you need to do is contact customer support and if you share quality content, they are more than happy to give you the space required for free and we are not talking about AAA quality. Just don't be broken and totally useless.
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2019 19:31
I think the idea was to try and stop some of the absolute rubbish games that were being put out on steam (and there were and still are a load of them )

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce RTX™ 2070 GAMING OC 8G
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
3840 x 2160 ,60 Hz
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2019 19:44 Edited at: 4th Sep 2019 19:45
@IIIWOLFYIII
Try making a good game then ..
If you yourself think yours isn't good enough then its a good thing you didn't put it up . The last thing we want is another bad review of a quick game made with GameGuru.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
IIIWOLFYIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Zigi so much thanks I didn't know itch.io I can put my game there tx to you
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2019 19:49
If you want to have a commercial product out that you know can never reach a hundred bucks in sales then I don't know why you even bothered in the first place. Also if you are aware that your title is so low in quality, why would you want it to be commercial in the first place?

Now, on to the second part of your question. Eh! I guess because its fun. Do you like making games? Is it something exciting and creative you like to come back to after a long day at work? What inspired you to get started initially?
If you think that everything you do must have some kind of financial pay off I assume that you just hurl yourself head first into a rather miserable life. Making games is art, and art is seldomly lucrative. Its enjoyable and a decent hobby to keep the grey matter active. I am really at a loss for words here.

Now to your last question: Those fees are way too low. The fees are a mandatory element to keep the floodgates from being completely ajar on a platform that seems to allow any drivel these days. I think a solid grand to have a platform on a market as wide as steam wouldn't be too much to ask.

-Wolf
IIIWOLFYIII
Years of Service
User Offline
@synchromesh My game isn't that bad it has a nice story and ambiance i think.But you know it doesn't sell 1000 I guess because I did my game with 0 coding tx to GG.Aaaaaand it's gonna be my very first game.That's why I am worrying about it
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2019 20:00 Edited at: 4th Sep 2019 20:05
If it is your first game I really advise you not to sell it.
Release it for free, see how people react to it, improve your skills and one day you have a title ready that can be sold.
I have been making games as a hobby for over 10 years and so far never made a game even remotely good enough to be sold on steam.

You see, if you sell your first game, your reputation is on the line. If your first game is just some stock GG items thrown in a map with zero external effort on your part, it will immediately give you a reputation of doing that kind of game. Once people believe that you make bad games, they will disregard you and even if your second product is good quality, its incredibly hard to come back from this kind of reputation.

Making games can be great fun, but keep in mind that your first baby steps in a level editor are not necessarily something for the whole world to immediately see or for you to charge money for.

I'm not trying to be negative here, I've just seen this play out dozens of times.

-Wolf
IIIWOLFYIII
Years of Service
User Offline
@Wolf firstly thank you for your constructive criticism.I want to earn money to make more good games.I live in Turkey and 1usd=6 tl(Turkish Lira) because of the currency I can't even buy a 4 dollar entity from store because it's too expensive and because of that I can't improve my game.That's why I need money and steam fee issue you are saying it's not that much would you give 600 euros to publish your game ! A little empathy please.

by the way you were saying your title is so low in quality you mean IIIWOLFYIII or this subject's title ?
IIIWOLFYIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Can I release it for free on steam. I mean without paying 100 bucks fee ?
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2019 20:18 Edited at: 4th Sep 2019 20:22
What I am saying is that selling a game is putting out a product. And putting out a product generally involves some prior investment. If you are not confident enough in your product for it to earn back a 100 bucks, reconsider it being worthy of being sold to a broad audience on steam. I doubt that you wish to add to its recent influx of shovel ware or "meme" titles.

As with any craft, going commercial is best done once you mastered it to a degree where it is something you, yourself might spend money on.
If you do it prematurely you will tarnish your reputation and earning money in the future, when you eventually have the skills to put out some great work will be increasingly difficult.

There are enough free resources online for you to learn and, in fact, using content from other sources that are not immediately game guru ready like our store content is a great place to start learning some fundamental things about making games and how the engine you use, in this case Game Guru, actually operate. Once you got everything down with reasonable confidence you can start working towards a sell able product.

Quote: "would you give 600 euros to publish your game"

If I think I made something that is worth that kind of investment and might attract future buyers, sure.

-Wolf
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2019 20:19 Edited at: 4th Sep 2019 20:21
Quote: "Can I release it for free on steam. I mean without paying 100 bucks fee ? "

No its not possible … You have to pay a submission fee of $100 whether its free or not.
PM
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 4th Sep 2019 20:28
Quote: "I live in Turkey and 1usd=6 tl(Turkish Lira) because of the currency I can't even buy a 4 dollar entity from store because it's too expensive"

@|||WOLFY||| post a video of your game in action, if It is good and the only problem is you cannot afford content from the store I will give you a voucher for 'All My Assets' on the store to help you get started, but if it is just a 'throw' together then I would advise not to try and get it on steam
Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - G4400 @3.3GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 500GB SSD
Laptop - Helios 300 Predator - i7 7700HQ - 32GB - Nvidia GTX1060 6GB - 525GB M2 - 500 SSD - 17.3" IPS LED Panel - Windows 10 Pro x64
Various Tutorials by me
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
"Just sell your stuff on itch.io,"
For GG-- Impossible!
The last time I checked, the max size for a game was 1 gig.
Maybe with special permission (what's that?) Bigger,
but a good game on GG will certainly be 3 or 4 gigs, unless
there's a secret I don't know about!! ?
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2019 21:36
yes don't bother with steam, they should up their fees by a lot, keep the excrement away, unless your game is awesome and has a lot of great gameplay etc.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2019 23:02 Edited at: 4th Sep 2019 23:06
Quote: "The last time I checked, the max size for a game was 1 gig....there's a secret I don't know about!! ?"

You need to contact customer support and present them your project through documentation, screenshots, video or simply give them a copy to evaluate, they may even ask for one and if your project is considered good enough, they unlock the limits for your account.
Those limitations are there only to avoid people fill their servers with rubbish and use it as some sort of file sharing service for useless content.

It is also help if you share some smaller projects first before asking for more space for a big project but if it good, it should be not a problem.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2019 02:43 Edited at: 5th Sep 2019 02:48
I strongly recommend against uploading to Steam if $100 dollars is too much for you. There are many reason why i say and I just won't even get into that dialogue here.

Simply upload to itch.io or indiedb.com

Also if you plan on releasing anything to any online vendor for monetary gain, it is recommended that you get your game tested and vetted in the community here first, in the Showcase topic and create a thread there for your game. Your game needs to have some quality assurance testing. There are adverse affects to uploading to Steam without doing this process and most of the time its harmful for our little community of game devs.
Store Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
IIIWOLFYIII
Years of Service
User Offline
@GraPhiX I am about to finish my game I am editing the menu. I can post you my game if you want.I made a record of my game last night but it's freezing too much I have a potato pc sorry.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@GraPhiX I am about to finish my game I am editing the menu. I can post you my game if you want.I made a record of my game last night but it's freezing too much I have a potato pc sorry."

post it
PC Specs:
AMD QUADCORE 880K @4.5GHZ, 32GB RAM DDR3 1600, M/B ASUS A88XM-PLUS
SVGA NVDIA 1660GTX 6GB , SSD KINGSTON A400 1TB, 2X HHD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB
PM
IIIWOLFYIII
Years of Service
User Offline
How I am gonna post my standalone here ? I couldn't send the whole file.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2019 12:17
You can easily upload to a file hoster! There are many good ones out there, mediafire.com comes to mind
You can also quite simply make a profile for it on indiedb.com. Here you can upload and even share screenshots to the world.
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2019 14:01
Wow @ GraphiX ,
Your offer to this young guy was above and beyond generous. ...
another great example of the extraordinary depth of help and support
that is often offered so readily and freely by the Game Guru community in general.
More reason for so many to stay here and keep working with the Game Guru engine.

Thx

UNIRD12B
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2019 14:07
Yes I have to agree, lots of really really great people here in this community, nice one Graphix especially.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics. Acer Swift i3 Laptop with Intel Optane memory, Intel 620UHD GPU, Windows 10 64bit.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2019 18:40 Edited at: 5th Sep 2019 18:43
If you have a google mail account you have a free 15 gig google drive
You can upload it there and give post a download link.

If Not … get a gmail account
PM
IIIWOLFYIII
Years of Service
User Offline
@GraPhiX here are my game's footage.I hope you like it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Sigh !!
To be honest its nothing I haven't seen a hundred times using stock assets and it seems to make no sense , One minute your here and then your in a room of zombies just dropped there ..

If this was going on steam please don't .. They will just trash it.
You really need to learn to create your own assets
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
could really do with some sounds in the game, if you don't want to add background music then add more atmospheric sounds - crows outside, some machinery that might be running, some wind etc... just something to make the game feel more alive.
also i know english is not your first language so i understand it's difficult but i could barely read that intro text, i suggest you get the game proof read before you release it if ever it goes on sale
p.s. it would be a lot better if you post your videos on youtube
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
IIIWOLFYIII
Years of Service
User Offline
And plus my loading screen title ect.

Attachments

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2019 18:59 Edited at: 24th Sep 2019 19:08
I'd not put that on Steam. It has too many signatures GG assets. You'd find yourself getting negative reception. Though nothing stopping you from uploading elsewhere. Just avoid Steam, it won't be worth your $100 as you'd release a lot of early criticism and negative reviews. The community there is very harsh and unforgiving.
Store Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 5th Sep 2019 19:41 Edited at: 5th Sep 2019 19:49
@IIIWOLFYIII I can see you have made some effort and started to enjoy GG, unfortunately this is not a game ready for release, I know you are limited to stock assets, stock assets are there to help you get a feel for designing maps, they should never be used in a game you want to release, either learn how to make your own assets or at least learn how to re texture them.

I would start again with the basics, first build your terrain get a feel for the terrain tools and textures, your terrain looks very un natural and flat, I am no level designer I don't profess to be but I can put a believable scene together quite quickly it may not be perfect but look at the difference, if you put some decent assets on this map you have a good start at a decent level.

I will make you a deal I will honour my gesture and give you a Voucher for all my assets pack if:

1. you do not release your game on Steam it is not ready for that.
2. make a scene just mainly terrain and a couple of assets try at make your terrain more natural

if you do these I will PM you a voucher code.

these took me 10 minutes to do like I said not perfect but I think it looks natural

here is a quick throw together of something like you are trying to create:

Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - G4400 @3.3GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 500GB SSD
Laptop - Helios 300 Predator - i7 7700HQ - 32GB - Nvidia GTX1060 6GB - 525GB M2 - 500 SSD - 17.3" IPS LED Panel - Windows 10 Pro x64
Various Tutorials by me

Attachments

IIIWOLFYIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Allright, looks like time to quit.I am glad to be here.This is a beautiful community,you guys were always nice to me.I have been working on this game for 3 weeks.I thought it has a good storyline and easter egg would be plus.Like you guys sad this game not even worth it my time.
I can't create a natural terrain because of my PC.I tried to add some grass but it started to lag.Even this game is lagging.And after steam fee issue I discouraged.I realized I don't belong here.So much thanks for your helps,supports and recommendations.Special thanks to GraPhiX you are a really good man.

GOODBYE.

GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 5th Sep 2019 20:17
UGHHH …. 3 weeks is nothing in game development, if you like it continue... I have been around for over 15 years and still not finished a game, 3 weeks is a blink in game development please don't give up it can be very rewarding and like you say this community is second to none, try turning the LAPTOP feature on in settings.fx
this line //#define LAPTOP Make everything faster for laptops, will also remove DOF,MB,SAO. Lower shadow, remove grass normals, distance improvements.

remove the // from the beginning of the line see if that helps with your computer.
Various Tutorials by me
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2019 20:23 Edited at: 5th Sep 2019 20:24
3 Weeks !!
It can take me that long to get a few models right ..
Game Development can take years to perfect … you just have to keep improving.

PS .. Nice shots Graphix
PM
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2019 21:21 Edited at: 5th Sep 2019 21:33
It feels to me some feedback was a little raw here. I agree on that it should be not sold on Steam with using nothing but stock assets and the level design could be better for sure but in case someone is new to game dev and don't know how to make own assets and have no experience with designing levels, I would say it makes more sense to focus on content, gameplay and story instead of trying to make custom assets that going to look half that good as the stock ones and hang up on trying to make things look realistic with 0 experience.

I would say just keep going, continue to use stock assets you can also buy more, nothing wrong with using them as long you are considering them as placeholders only. Work on the story, gameplay and levels, can watch some youtube video tutorials about level design practices and once you feel your game is complete in terms of gameplay, story and levels then you wan to look in to creating some custom assets to make your game unique. You can start first by creating your own custom textures and reskin the models have been using, then you might want to look in to add your custom features to stock models, bring them in to 3D modelling tools and tweak them, finally look in to making your own 3D models from scratch.

I need to agree on that, do not share it in the current state but not because it is bad and you did not put in to any effort. Some might say 3 weeks only but that is not important. The real question is, how many hours did you put in to this. It was vacation time in most schools so you may have just put in to this game the same amount of hours as some people do in 6 months after work and school and family. So don't let those comments put you off. But it is also true, the level design should be improved and you really need to add some custom look to your game before you choose to share it publickly in a store.

So what I recommend is:
1. complete the story, levels, gameplay and it is ok to use stock and store assets for now.
2. improve the levels, take some level design tutorials, learn from them, learn from other games..etc and improve your levels
3. add your own touch by reskin the models and UI in the game, take some tutorials on how to make textures and how to change the textures of the models using tools like Gimp and Blender for example.
4. add your own touch by customizing models, bring them in to a 3D modelling tools like Blender and tweak them, you can find some beginner tutorials how to use Blender 2.8.
5. create your own custom models with animations and textures from scratch, you can take some advaned tutorials and courses on 3D modelling and animation in Blender for example.

Good luck.
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 5th Sep 2019 21:23
I'm 7,155 hours in on GG alone (plus countless hours modelling, researching and coding on top) and I'm still not there for a decent game

But if you love it, keep going. Perhaps don't expect to make money from it though, at least not in the short term.

Cheers.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Indeed, 3 weeks is not long for a full project though it does speak of the ever growing capabilities of game engines now that people can consider a game ready for selling after such a short time..
It can happen of course, look at slender Man or some of the hit Indie games and you can see why people believe there's money in the quick games, unfortunately (?) It doesn't really work like that 99.9% of the time and there's a clear difference between games that are made with a vision and love compared to games that are thrown together.
(I personally think slender man is trash and never understood why it got so popular but there we go, sometimes luck is more important than skill)

As for comments on the assets, while I agree using stock assets isn't ideal I kinda feel like dismissing games simply because they are using stock assets is silly, why even supply them then? Every game engine has the same "problem" and I've seen plenty of games be successful (we're not talking quit your job and live off sales here but enough to get noticed and honestly even getting people to play your game rather than the millions of others is already a challenge) when using at least some stock assets or templates etc.

But the advice given is great and most devs would love to get constructive feedback on their games, I've put many projects online before and not had a single reply... I'd welcome people tearing them apart simply because another eye is always invaluable whether I agree or not.. if you're serious about putting anything online you have to be able to take other people's opinions on board, it's just a case of keeping your own vision while accepting theirs (and ignoring the trolls :p )

I say put your demo online, let people play it for free, learn from the feedback and improve it (or the next project) and you will eventually get something worth selling, might be the same idea, might be something new... If you enjoy working on it then it's already a win
lua guide for GG
windows 10
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2019 21:37 Edited at: 5th Sep 2019 21:38
Problem is he doesn't actually realise just how much he has learnt by just by putting that together.
Games rubbish ( I wouldn't give false hope ) but the that's not the point. Its the fact he's learnt the basics to use GG.
With the offer of free packs he really should be jumping high and getting enthusiastic about his next try.
Never did me any harm to get a kick up the jacksy
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "he really should be jumping high and getting enthusiastic about his next try."

Absolutely agree though his reaction might just be heat of the moment, if it's not and he really does want to give up then it's clearly not the right hobby/job for him, you will fail way more than you succeed in this line of business... Even the AAA companies are going bust all the time.
lua guide for GG
windows 10
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Perhaps I should have added I have actually seen worse and god I have seen bad
PM
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 5th Sep 2019 22:08 Edited at: 5th Sep 2019 22:09
I dont think the feedback was to harsh, if he had uploaded it to steam then the feedback would have been harsh and probably insulting, l can see that he has made some effort and his first attempt is not a bad one, the comment I made about not using stock assets in a release is purely so that he does not get the 'asset flip' tag that 90% of GG games get, the stock assets are great to help prototype a game idea or level, and are a good base to learn texturing.

These are my personal thoughts and not a general rule I was just trying to help him not get the Asset Flip tag.

Yes creating a game in GG can be done in minutes but creating a game that can be put on steam is somthing that can take months if not years.
GG is ideal for prototyping and getting quick results that you can transfer to a more established engine.
Various Tutorials by me
osiem80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2019 23:10 Edited at: 5th Sep 2019 23:29
According 2 r screens the game looks not very "advanced", maps looks very poor with a lot of empty room between models(graveyard, church).Take a look on level design tutorials on yt, theres a lot of them.4 exaple u can search an image from a place that u wanna create in your level and try to rebuild it as good as possible.Proffesionals use google maps 4 that.Its also nice 2 see if someone use own made models or atleast non-custom models.

Attachments

PM
IIIWOLFYIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Everyone is right.I didn't learn anything except the basics I just put them together.0 scripting 0 original model all of them stocks.And even if I wanted to put this game on steam I can't because I don't have 100 dollars maybe I have 20 bucks I have lot of things to learn I know that map design was very raw I can see that too.Maybe when I get a new computer I can try again
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2019 08:01
Hey Wolfy. Its not bad for someone getting started but as has been said numerous times, its not ready to be sold.

Just stick to it, browse this community for tutorials and info (and free media ) and you'll get there eventually.

JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
not ready for steam and sale.. really not..3 weeks LOL...

but dont quit...
PC Specs:
AMD QUADCORE 880K @4.5GHZ, 32GB RAM DDR3 1600, M/B ASUS A88XM-PLUS
SVGA NVDIA 1660GTX 6GB , SSD KINGSTON A400 1TB, 2X HHD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2019 11:45
just don't give up!

Maybe you don't have the computer you need to create a great game, but I'll tell you what do you have:
You have an interest in learning and if there is nothing to stop you, do not stop doing it.
Here, as you can see, you have free assets, free scripts, tutorials, and a large number of people willing to help.
I started with a pentiun III and each render was a headache, I remember that during the first render, it gave me time to get married and have my first child. LOL

Maybe you don't have the computer you need to create a great game from scratch, but you have a computer that will help you learn more.
You do not need a NASA computer to learn how to create a script, for example, it is an asset, if your idea is to create a video game.
To learn how to model, for example, Blender is free and is a great 3D design program.

You should not start creating a great project, put on easier challenges, and raise the bar bit by bit.

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
osiem80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2019 12:08
What a pc u have exacly?
I cleaned my cpu and putted a new paste on it and got 150 fps more quickly.
Try it
PM
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2019 16:50 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2019 16:58
The EBE goes some way toward easing the asset flipping accusation problem. But we need more ways of easily creating custom assets such as a better character creator (the characters created in the current one are instantly recognisable), more ai options, etc.

As for criticism on Steam, you need a thick skin. There are always people who just love to hate. I find it funny when I read criticisms of my games, like this:
Julian - increasingly disillusioned and jaded

Attachments

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 23rd Sep 2019 20:37
I can't believe you owned up to them Julian, you know there are torches and pitchforks waiting for you now right?

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Primary Laptop:
i5, NV1050 4GB, 8GB memory, 1x 1TB HDD, Win10.

Secondary Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2019 07:34 Edited at: 24th Sep 2019 07:45
Quote: "I can't believe you owned up to them Julian, you know there are torches and pitchforks waiting for you now right?"

Ha ha! Bring it on! I will never stop making my perfectly bad games.

But seriously, Wolfy, don't be disheartened. Keep going. Let any criticism fuel you. Deep down you know when something needs more work. Trust your instincts.
Julian - increasingly disillusioned and jaded
PM
benjiboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2019 18:08
What is really important in all this Wolfy is whether you had fun making your game. If you enjoyed doing it then it actually doesn't matter all that much if no-one else ever plays your games - it's what you get out of creating them that counts.
I made a slew of games using RPG World. They rarely got played, they got very few positive comments, no likes, (but no dislikes either), but as I said to other creators who were having the same experience and whingeing about it, I didn't do it for others approval, just my own satisfaction.
Stick with it. every game you make will likely be better than the last.
You can't teach an old dog.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 02:35:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 02:35:20