Product Chat / What news will there be in the next game guru release?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 12th Sep 2018 18:03 Edited at: 12th Sep 2018 18:14
I just wanted to know what new features will be implemented and correct, the news will not speak much, will be implemented in new model format, "the very modern and exciting GLTF v2.0", there are updates about the DLC new libraries etc, there was the death valley update etc, but instead because we do not meet the demands of new features?

finally the character does not die in contact with water (worse than being harmful with an acid), but where are the animations that swim?

adding characters from mixamo and fuse makes them seem many distorted , even with clothes outside the character and above all WITHOUT animations, game guru should be an easy engine but this thing to use different programs for a neophyte is not good this thing should be corrected .

Where are the new features of EBE? nothing has moved

when is there the possibility to add infinite textures to the ground, infinite space in the ground, infinite water system, these are things that almost all the other engines have?

when can you create a personalized menu without using external programs?

add a NON LUA system for animations of rain, snow, wind, falling leaves, etc

have a more professional character creator, where you can do everything through game guru (a bit 'how mixamo) add animations directly on each character even those already created or created by third parties, the ability to edit clothes, animations, poses etc directly from the character creator

have the ability to implement a whole set of extensions, not just fbx. x. dbo .gltf2.0 but also .obj .blend. 3ds .max .ma (maya)

the possibility in the character creator to use the zbrush for decals, tattoos, etc.

the possibility of creating animated decals and huds

the possibility of mixing the vegetation by area (in a big map), what I want to grow here, to the infinite.

ok that many things are difficult to implement, properly expensive?
but I think if it had all these things would be the king of the engines, you are doing a great job in many aspects game guru has improved a lot, I can not wait for the engine to move from 32 to the first position as best in the world.
Windows 10 pro
8 gb ram, asus Geforce gtx 660 2gb, 2TB, amd 3280 4 core, 8 logic
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "these are things that almost all the other engines have?"

There ya go then ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
uhm yes?
but i don't think there's any plans for any new features yet, perhaps some extra shadow work if preben can work out the issues he's currently battling but afaik Lee is still doing background tasks... stuff you're asking for likely won't happen by the end of 2019, let alone 2018 i'm afraid.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee work on the AI, Preben is doing some Lightning Stuff and I fix bugs. I do not think that anything from your list will stand in a newsletter for the next release. Sry
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2018 20:08
Welcome to the Game-Guru community. We've waited years and suffered intolerably long delays to get to this point.

HOWEVER there is light at the end of the tunnel in a lot of respects.

1) Github has *MASSIVELY* accelerated development at least in a few select areas.
2) Lee is more invested than I've seen him in years.
3) Lua functionality is constantly being upgraded and updated. The community is as a whole slowly becoming more familiar with the language and as a result we're seeing really good progression with user developed elements.

Now none of us are blind here; all of us know Unreal and Unity are *MOSTLY* free. Heck, I'd even wager most of us have it installed and tool around in it from time to time. Yet here we remain. If you remain as well, then try to work around the current limitations and come up with creative answers to the problems you have while waiting for the devs to update the engine. How do you think my very, VERY comprehensive weather system came to be? It's a ground up build based on a need, working around the limitations of the engine (such as a static sun location).

And yet I get results like this:

With a BASE engine. Game design often requires cleverness and out-of-the-box answers for what might seem a simple issue.
Dave_utopias
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 12th Sep 2018 20:31 Edited at: 12th Sep 2018 20:57
@corno_1 wrote:
Quote: "Lee work on the AI, Preben is doing some Lightning Stuff and I fix bugs. I do not think that anything from your list will stand in a newsletter for the next release. Sry "

dave_utopias wrote:
Quote: "
adding characters from mixamo and fuse makes them seem many distorted , even with clothes outside the character and above all WITHOUT animations, "

Maybe this could be fixed?

https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues/337

see my attached pics what i intend about distorted.. and clothes outside

and like you see in github thread most of time characters have some strange skin all stretched

about animations yeah i know is there fbx2gg but it cost too much for me..
how many hours the original author of fbx2gg take for making that useful tool?
maybe this do not work but buying license for directly third part software for including them into game guru?
this should accelerate the work without take money from others freelance authors..
what do you think about?

----

@bolt action gaming wrote
Quote: "Welcome to the Game-Guru community. We've waited years and suffered intolerably long delays to get to this point.

HOWEVER there is light at the end of the tunnel in a lot of respects.

1) Github has *MASSIVELY* accelerated development at least in a few select areas.
2) Lee is more invested than I've seen him in years.
3) Lua functionality is constantly being upgraded and updated. The community is as a whole slowly becoming more familiar with the language and as a result we're seeing really good progression with user developed elements.

Now none of us are blind here; all of us know Unreal and Unity are *MOSTLY* free. Heck, I'd even wager most of us have it installed and tool around in it from time to time. Yet here we remain. If you remain as well, then try to work around the current limitations and come up with creative answers to the problems you have while waiting for the devs to update the engine. How do you think my very, VERY comprehensive weather system came to be? It's a ground up build based on a need, working around the limitations of the engine (such as a static sun location).

And yet I get results like this:"

ok thanks but i have already saw your video time ago, i think is great , what would i say that creative ideas should be comprensive inside the engine, Lee should ask to import these ideas and pieces of software directly from the authors (as you said) is investing money, well why not use it to buy these things from the authors to simplify things? Github is working well, I signed up to report many of the bugs that plague the software, the community of this forum is working well, I follow this community from a year, I saw how they level up, they grow, i am learning from there.
but actually i am stuck because i have others idea, I need to build a giant map in lineage 2 style, metin 2 and other games like ark online (that of dinosaurs) but in single player mode because multiplayer does not work a crab ..

i am actually doing with current map only dungeons (but limitation of game guru stuck me 'cause i can not return to level 1 on).
sadly i think like smallg have said before 2020 there will be no features, I think I will be stuck to make models that do not work well like those of the photos I posted, models with simple structures ... and maybe then it will be the case that I learn to use programs like blender ..

but so a little 'demoralize me ..
Windows 10 pro

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 12th Sep 2018 21:04
Shaka, when the walls fell?
[img]belidos3d.swgrp.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/blogo.png[/img]
Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Stab in the Dark software
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2018 22:43
Sokath! His eyes uncovered!
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 00:00 Edited at: 13th Sep 2018 00:01
Most of the things you listed will likely not happen.

Quote: " I need to build a giant map in lineage 2 style, metin 2 and other games like ark online (that of dinosaurs) but in single player mode because multiplayer does not work a crab .."

...and with this statment I can guarantee you that game guru is not the right package for you. I'm sorry but sometimes thats just the case. The engine is in no way optimized to handle this kind of design approach.

-Wolf
Dave_utopias
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 02:33
wolf wrote
Quote: "Most of the things you listed will likely not happen.

Quote: " I need to build a giant map in lineage 2 style, metin 2 and other games like ark online (that of dinosaurs) but in single player mode because multiplayer does not work a crab .."

...and with this statment I can guarantee you that game guru is not the right package for you. I'm sorry but sometimes thats just the case. The engine is in no way optimized to handle this kind of design approach."

Currently ... you're right now wolf but I'm not the only one wanting these features here in this forum, believe me, maybe I can not create a game similar to lineage 2, but at least that has in its small this type of inspiration, the possibility to have large maps and as Lee accepted in github marked my request as engaged means that he has taken the commitment to carry it forward, it will mean that I will wait, while I will do other small things or create simple new structures, but for now I'm not going to abandon the project, I'm not good with the codes (I've never learned anything serious, at most a few lines of stupid code script in the ultima online in non-OSI style projects)
I'm ambitious enough I admit it and maybe you're right it's not for one who has this mentality but at present it's what I can use well

original quote of @bolt action gaming
Quote: " We've waited years and suffered intolerably long delays to get to this point."
Windows 10 pro
PM
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 03:26
Quote: "and with this statment I can guarantee you that game guru is not the right package for you. I'm sorry but sometimes thats just the case. The engine is in no way optimized to handle this kind of design approach. "

As in many (but NOT all) cases, I have to agree with Wolf here.

You would have to reshape your design vision very drastically, perhaps comparable to what cyber is doing in his Cogwheel Chronicles, or simply switch to another engine.

This simply isn`t what the engine is built for, it would be the same like trying to do a 3D racing game in Wintermute.
"I am a road map, I will lead and you will follow, I will teach and you will learn, when you leave my sprint planning you will be weapons, focused and full of JIRA tickets, Hot Rod rocket development gods of precision and strength, terrorizing across the repository and hunting for github submits."
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 03:59 Edited at: 13th Sep 2018 04:15
Too touch on the LUA topic. It took me but only 3 months to learn LUA. Now I can create whatever I want. Including environmental visuals (snow, rain, leaves, ash, dirt.. etc), physics (wind and currents) and dynamic scenes (climate and night and day).

I actually used to ask of Lee for features that could have been done in LUA ... then regret it when we received something that came out hardcoded into the engine. Cause then everyone's game will end up looking the same or it would be a very limited addition.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 10:36 Edited at: 13th Sep 2018 10:36
Quote: "...and with this statment I can guarantee you that game guru is not the right package for you. I'm sorry but sometimes thats just the case. The engine is in no way optimized to handle this kind of design approach. "

That's why my answer was short and sweet … Engines that our 10+years old have these features …
Perhaps when GG is ten years + old it will … He mentions all other engines already have them so there ya go
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 10:59
Quote: "Perhaps when GG is ten years + old it will … He mentions all other engines already "

Probably be ash floating of Brighton marina by then,with my family saying poor old Dave never did make he’s game.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 11:07
I just humbly suggest you will not get near your vision without being able to code/script whatever engine you use (even if it’s with a visual scripting tool you will need to understand concepts and logic flow).

Cheers.
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 11:09
Aww Dave, give over

Cheers.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 11:20 Edited at: 13th Sep 2018 11:59
Quote: "Probably be ash floating of Brighton marina by then,with my family saying poor old Dave never did make he’s game. "

LOL.. GG is a good 5 years now … Correct me if im wrong but I think it took 7 years before Unity had a Character creator for example and no doubt they got the same gripes about wanted features as well

My point is saying other engines have these features is ok and probably true … But they all came in time over that 10 year period not overnight
PM
Dave_utopias
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 15:05
anyway, maybe it will not take a night to do these things but you could focus more on some developments, I seem to have seen in the past thread in this forum the request to have the ability to choose the size of the map (I think even goes back to 2016) has never been developed, I see on github that if one has an idea this is accepted regardless of the potential or not of the engine itself, I do not claim an exceptional design and details but at least the possibility to choose the size of the map yes, the other features that I have in the list are things that would surely enrich the engine without compromising the uniqueness of when one creates his videogame, they are all things that probably many users would like.
These features would outweigh the other engines because game guru would simplify their life (given that it is called the easy game creator) for an artist or a creator of a video game (unlike many engines I prefer it because it is immediate and simple, you think if he had these features, would be the most popular engine, just say that it is not for me and that does not have the potential is like not wanting to see improved, accept that it will never be a good engine (but I do not believe this seen the improvements), accept it as it comes without spilling below to feed it (it already has enough), many of you have been using it for years you have seen it as it has improved from directx 11.

I would have left it much earlier if I had not understood its potential.
Then
the first web page of game guru quotes:
"Always dreamed of making a game but don’t know how to programme or code?
Now you can create, play and share fun games on your PC with no coding knowledge!
Build your own world
With GameGuru you can build your own world, using easy to use, creative and enjoyable tools."
a person who, like me, has no knowledge of codes
he can only momentarily help (at least until he learns) by communicating what things might help him to develop his videogame, which tools if they were added would help him in a meaningful way.

i have a dream, making my RPG game
Windows 10 pro
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 15:39 Edited at: 13th Sep 2018 15:47
Quote: "i have a dream, making my RPG game"
Try using RPG World. It is a great program. https://store.steampowered.com/app/492150/
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.70 Ghz , 6 Gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64 Passmark score: 3091

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "given that it is called the easy game creator"

But its not … Its called " Game Making for everyone "
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 16:08
Quote: "have the ability to choose the size of the map (I think even goes back to 2016) has never been developed"

I recall this discussion, though it was around a time we were still encountering some FPS drops when using too much vegetation and animated trees. There is also the current issue of unpredictability of the memory limitations within the engine's built games. I think once we can be certain things are better optimized and function 100% without crashing due to the memory issues of built games we could than explore this topic more i think. But currently... GG just cant handle that type of map. Most games running under 32 bit cant anyways. The only ones successful to do this had engines using cell systems and world LOD generating systems behind them. These two components can contribute to infinite map sizes. But GG just simply is not optimized for this. I'm pretty sure the draw calls would cap out.

One thing I'd really like to see in GG, is the ability to have dynamic entity fade options. So that we can spawn entities closer to the player and not have them pop in view, but rather fade. This is a method used by Fallout and Skyrim for lower spec computers and it looks great and eases up the performance by not rendering all distant dynamic entities all at once that the player might be facing.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 17:03 Edited at: 13th Sep 2018 17:09
You compare a 5 years old kid with a 16 years old teen (Unity) and with a 20 years old adult(Unreal) and you are right, the five year old has a lot of potential, but not now and not in a year.

And even if a feature request is open for years, does not mean it is more important than others! If a feature need 500 hours of manpower, like level streaming, then you decide to work on another feature which has the same priority but, maybe less hours.
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 17:22 Edited at: 13th Sep 2018 17:22
Quote: "And even if a feature request is open for years, does not mean it is more important than others!"

And considering most of the feature development for GameGuru has been community driven by a voting board in the past and now via github, i'd say a feature request that's been open for years is more likely to mean it's not that important, at least to this community :p
[img]belidos3d.swgrp.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/blogo.png[/img]
Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 18:30
Quote: "i have a dream, making my RPG game"

You can make an RPG game but not like the ones you named. Mainly not ones that rely on large open worlds the player can run through.
The engine does not at all go in that direction. If you break your game world up in several levels and make its plot line somewhat linear, then yes for sure. You can make an RPG like Deus Ex but in no way lineage.

Quote: "not the only one wanting these features here in this forum"

Even so, but most of us are working on rather different projects. We have barely functional third person so you can imagine that, if the development goes into that direction at all, it will be years until you can realize that type of open world rpg.

And I can almost guarantee you that there will never be support for online RPG's. I just don't see that happening.

I can be wrong but I think I've been around long enough to predict these things and big fantasy role playing games with the dialogue system, the long winded dungeons, quests, dialogues, inventory systems, huge draw distance, little city hubs is currently not really where we are heading.

Keep in mind that this engine has started as a first person shooter package only and all the other features are currently still extremely rough. I would really like to see what RPG game you can come up with and how you would try to solve these issues but I also rather give you an honest answer than have you wasting your time on something thats currently not feasible.

I was working on a fantasy game that had RPG elements. LINK. But still broken up into levels and following a linear story line...and even that was too much for me to handle.

-Wolf
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2018 17:56
i'd like to see what game you have so far. I dont see any post from you in WIP and it's hard to just randomly take feature suggestions from people who dont have many games around here. those are all features that are actually in big budget engines like unreal engine or cryengine, or even unity. The Good News is those engines are free! you can go get them now and use their:

daveutopia wrote: "
infinite textures to the ground, infinite space in the ground, infinite water system
NON LUA system for animations of rain, snow, wind, falling leaves, etc
more professional character creator
the possibility of creating animated decals and huds
mixing the vegetation by area (in a big map), what I want to grow here, to the infinite.
"

unfortunately I have yet to find an engine that
Quote: "not just fbx. x. dbo .gltf2.0 but also .obj .blend. 3ds .max .ma"

so if you know of one, please show me! I need to use it as it would save me the trouble of this annoying "exporting" business ive had to do all these years

Quote: "the possibility in the character creator to use the zbrush for decals, tattoos, etc."

I don't think zbrush will ever be included with gameguru, especially not for their asking price, sorry.
xCept
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "But its not … Its called " Game Making for everyone ""

In fairness, its tagline was "The Easy Game Maker" for most of its shelf life, until just this spring.
PC SPECS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, AMD Phenom X6 1100T 3.60 GHz CPU (Passmark: 5934), NVIDIA Geforce GTX-680 2GB GPU (Passmark: 5712), G.SKILL 16GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) RAM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2018 15:13
Quote: "finally the character does not die in contact with water (worse than being harmful with an acid), but where are the animations that swim?"

You mean for first person or 3rd person or both? We haven't quite gotten around to the actual swimming functionalities yet.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 03:48:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 03:48:38