Product Chat / Ameliorating editor performance

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2018 17:42
Hello!

I've recently had a problem with the editor and that its, that I notice that it lags for me. Some of you know that due to a few miscalculations in the past I am currently running a rather average laptop and that is making games a bit harder than it was with a better rig.
Now I've used a lot of editors in my lifetime and usually all of them have a preferences menue where I can adjust the visuals.

I certainly want my game to look good when its being plaid but I don't require an accurate representation of that in the editor.
I noticed GG to render specularity, lighting and shadows in the editor which is making working with complex foliage models to be a bit of a lag fest for me. Keep in mind that a lot of us also run music or videos as well as IM applications while we use GG.

My question is: Are there settings I can alter to downgrade the texture resolution and overall visual quality of the editor? If not, is there any hope to add those features?

-Wolf
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2018 21:33
this is a github enhancement if i ever seen one
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Wolf,

I already set editor shadows to a very fast one by default ( editorusemediumshadows=1 ) but its not yet possible to disable them.

Set:
terrainoldlight=1
showstaticlightinrealtime=0

Should give you a nice editor boost if you got many static/dynamic lights
Subscribe and checkout great GameGuru/AGK video's here: Videos click here
Latest GameGuru Loader news: News click here
Get GameGuru Loader PBR version here: Steam click here
best regards Preben Eriksen,
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2018 17:04
Quote: "I already set editor shadows to a very fast one by default ( editorusemediumshadows=1 ) but its not yet possible to disable them."

This would be quite neat, among a few other settings to control the editor quality. It does not need to be in full resolution and have full render distance.

I discovered that I get a lag free(ish) experience if I switch off "PBRoverride" while mapping...but then back on when I test the game.

Cheers!

-Wolf

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:51:15
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:51:15