Product Chat / Search the EntityBank

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "for example of the stuff I've downloaded from wizardofid alone there's over 100 entities named things like b-1c etc."

Exactly what I said in my first post in this thread … That's all I was referring to

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2018 01:47
One would need a little artificial intelligence coding to take into consideration other possibilities. I played with some simple AI in RPG Mod for FPSC when I allowed the player to answer questions by typing in the answer. I simply didn't want it to be an exact match. This takes a lot of thinking and then coding for all the possibilities. This, I'm sure, is beyond the scope of what Dan would want to put into this. Time on the project would be increased quite a bit.
Alienware Aurora R7 with SSD 256GB boot drive ( C: ) and a secondary drive ( D: ) that is 2TB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 with Intel Turbo-burst
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8192 MB GDDR5 and 8095 MB shared system memory
DannyD
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys

Thanks for all the comments, but yes, my program search "usable" names....
I think I still need to meet the software engineer who can pickup a "building" search from "b_1.fpe"
I think 3d Makers also need to start using usable names when advertising/selling/creating the models.
LW35 or LC_1 etc don't work for me either.

Still think a Catogory Name, Tag Name inside the FPE file can also help alot.
Looking into it and see if I can create a small editor, add it to FPE. Then you can with Time sort your entities with Tags/Categories as you like.
But not sure if it will break the FPE functionalities. Anyone have some pointers on this. "Can I add additional "tags" lines to the FPE file, and it will still continue working, or is it against GG rules to add/edit FPE files, additional lines/tags?

Anyway....

The FREE final version will be posted really soon.

Cherio
Danie
PM
DannyD
Years of Service
User Offline
yrKoon
Quote: "And while one is at it, create a "user program" menu branch in the editor, to let people run Danie's program from the menu,
alongside, say, the "lua editor" of choice and maybe, "Weapon Welder", things like that,"

I've raised this Customize Menu a while back, and had NO feedback
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/219915

But this could be a nice additional. Can be really easy accomplished in GG

Cherio
Danie
PM
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2018 02:22
Is it possible to easily search for subfolders that contain the search value? For example "building(s)." There are objects in building subfolders such as sandstone, sheds, bunkers, house, office block, warehouse, church, asylum, and etc. etc. All of these are part of the file name that does not include building but is in building subfolders. Just FYI and suggestion.
Alienware Aurora R7 with SSD 256GB boot drive ( C: ) and a secondary drive ( D: ) that is 2TB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 with Intel Turbo-burst
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8192 MB GDDR5 and 8095 MB shared system memory
DannyD
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Flatlander

Had the suggestion from ykroon aswell.

The FREE version will not have that function, but the Pro Version will have that.

Cherio
Danie
PM
DannyD
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys

Ok, received some message about the PRO version, and already some people see $$$...
Infact, What I have decide to do, and to give back to the GameGuru community, everyone who had input while developing, with suggestions and idees , you receive a "FREE" registered copy.
This program will also be available on all other (or most of them) 3D game engines, to search. (Some time in the next few weeks/months...
* Some new additions to the PRO version.
* Select the specific 3D Game engine when searching (for the guys who use other 3d game engines) (already build-in)
* Search folders and path. (already build-in)
* Lua type of editor (Will see how far I can get it to work with color editing etc...
* Fpe type of Editor (Will see how far I can get it to work with color editing etc... need to learn more about the FPE files
the Editor will use the editing component Scintilla (Same as what Notepad++ been using)
* Categorise Entities (If we can figure a way to add Tags in the FPE file without breaking anything else)
.. and whatever great ideas I receive to make it really usefull.

Cherio
Danie

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2018 09:34
Quote: "I've raised this Customize Menu a while back, and had NO feedback"

I replied this morning.. It's easy to do...
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I wouldn't exactly call it a rare issue, if you buy from the store there are a lot that are named like that, for example of the stuff I've downloaded from wizardofid alone there's over 100 entities named things like b-1c etc."

And That is why - with my own solution - I chose to display all icons of search results at once in one go, instead of the filenames, thus making the user's eye the last stage of the search engine . A trifle slower than Danie's solution, but since his solution is superfast.... and if you can half-remember that the names contain "b-1", all the better, since this curbs the number of results well.
Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime
Core i7 4710 QM GTX 980 MQ 16GB RAM Win7
PM
yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Still think a Catogory Name, Tag Name inside the FPE file can also help alot.
Looking into it and see if I can create a small editor, add it to FPE. Then you can with Time sort your entities with Tags/Categories as you like."

... until such time as a GG file verification is run =:----| If you really go to the fpe with categories, best FIRST create an fpe backup program. Should be a breeze for sffs, though.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 6th Aug 2018 21:38
But how would the icon be in the list if it's name and category doesn't pass the search criteria?
[img]belidos3d.swgrp.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/blogo.png[/img]
Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
"Educated search" may just mean the opposite of highly complex and elaborated search arguments, if your search engine is fast enough
PM
DannyD
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guru's

Finally had some time to fix a few small Bug's crawling around, and add a very Basic Advanced And/OR search Function.
This is still the FREE App. Version 1.7.0

Download here
http://www.leznadsoftware.co.za/gameguru/download.php

Enjoy
Cheers
Danie
PM
Titantropo
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Diablo III
Posted: 29th Sep 2018 21:36
I think it would be good too. If I wanted a tree, I would only have to write "tree", and all the trees would appear, where they in a "nature" folder, a "foilage" folder, or any other. How many folders we have with rocks? With guns? It would prevent from going folder to folder looking for them, and so it would spare lots of time.
Here, there and everywhere.
PM
Titantropo
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Diablo III
Posted: 29th Sep 2018 21:46 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2018 22:10
I think it would be good too. If I wanted a tree, I would only have to write "tree", and all the trees would appear, where they in a "nature" folder, a "foilage" folder, or any other. How many folders we have with rocks? With guns? It would prevent from going folder to folder looking for them, and so it would spare lots of time.

Can someone delete this copy of the message? Don't know how this happened.
Here, there and everywhere.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2018 18:38 Edited at: 1st Oct 2018 02:26
For tags if GG could ever read them in the future from an FPE file -- There are a lot of free batch file software out there that can simply just add any command line to an entire folder of FPE files.

But honestly even just a search for titles (file names) would be helpful in a huge way. Despite the complexity of some file names. I generally am searching for them the same way as i would expect, while using windows explorer. Just by searching for file name rather than tags. It would be mega helpful. I have 1,000s of entities :/
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Well although my comments were not positive in the fact I thought it would work …. Im gonna try it anyway
I could be wrong and it might help … You never know
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 07:39:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 07:39:11