Scripts / Can the height to stand on floating_platform2 be raised & can it be started immediately

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Can anyone please tell me (1) which (if any) of the variables in the script “floating_platform2” might actually control the height of the platform where the player stands, or is there a way to change it at all? I'm trying to put the player-start position on top of a train to have a shootout with other AI while on top of a moving train.

(2) Is it possible to start the platform moving immediately at the start of the game, even if the player starts out standing on top of the entity platform (which for me is a train)? It seems like the platform will only start moving after the player runs up to it and gets on it.

The script is listed by smallg at this link in the forum - https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/215239#msg2547493

It's also attached below.

I have tried (without success) to use boat.lua, floating_platform, floating_platform2, moving platform, rideboat, ride platform, ez platform, ez entity mover, trap_wall, and I have also tried the latest update and tried road_follower, and rail_follower. Since I want to be on top of a moving train, I need the player to associate with the entity so they will not fall off the moving entity. Some of these scripts do this and some don't.

I also started building my game a long time ago, so I'm still using GG version 1.14 or 1.4 (which are the same thing)... It was when EBE first came out. I have been told it isn't good to do major updates in the middle of making a game.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2018 20:09
Do you mean the height of the platform itself or the height of the player in relation to the platform?

I assume the platform height is set by where you place it in the map but you probably need to set the physics weight of the platform to 0 to stop it falling to the terrain.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
A short platform seems to work okay, such as the pallet (see picture below), but if I start the game with the player standing on top of Bods loco (see picture below), the loco just stands still. I have also noticed that if I run up some steps to jump on top of the loco, it still doesn't do anything. If I walk off the back of the loco, it takes off without me. If I run at ground level and jump into the back of the loco, it starts moving, but I fall out the back. So it seems like the "associate player" command works okay with the pallet, but not so good with the loco.

I can't quite figure out how to get it to work with the loco.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 01:51:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 01:51:52