Showcase / Panther AI test

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2018 06:41
This was a simple AI test for panther lite by defy.
I was fairly satisfied with the results! the AI works very well, and they do not glitch. The game runs at good frame rates, but the cubemaps I so painstakingly made will not work in the build for some reason, Lee PLEASE FIX. unfortunately the cars and puddles in the game will not have reflections like the screenshots here

there is no win condition. there are 13 enemies at the compound. eliminate them all if you can! there are also 5 weapons including a VSK94, M16, AWP, Grenades, and a Mossberg Shotgun.

google drive download link
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Screens look great, in classic Bugsy style. Thanks for giving the Module a run, trust me its nothing special
Downloading now, and will update this post when I return. Cheers for showing us your work, and sorry to hear about reflections.

Looks great !
Define R4, i5, 16g, R9 290
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2018 15:50
Just spotted this,will download tonight

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2018 00:17
jeez, is the forum dying? I hope so, because from lack of attention compared to the FPSC days, sometimes I get the feeling my games are just not well liked around here...

I submitted kshatriya wetwork for the GG site showcase, and felt it was a great example of what can be done with gameguru and still have seen nothing
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 28th Jun 2018 07:41 Edited at: 28th Jun 2018 07:43
I think showcase is one of the places least visited on the forum, i don't know why, but there never seems to be a lot going on in here, so people seem to skip over it.

Your work as always is top notch mate, as is defy's AI work.

I've only had a brief look at at, as i'm still not well, i've had a long chain of illness stopping me working over the last few months, culminating with a trapped nerve and tendinitis which meant i could not use a mouse for a more than a couple of minutes at a time, and now that's almost cleared up i've got a stinking cold, would you believe it? 30c - 35c (84f - 95f) degree weather and i have a cold, just my luck!

Anyway, once i recover i'll be back on things, and checking this out properly is on my to do list for sure.
[img]belidos3d.swgrp.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/blogo.png[/img]
Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been so busy making my cowboy game that I didn't even know you had these up here for free...

I tried downloading kshatriya a month or 2 ago and couldn't get it to download, but I just got it off the mirror site that was listed on the website...

Unfortunately I just found out that both games merely kept crashing on my PC and would never get beyond clicking "start " and attempting to load the first part of the game. It might be my PC... it's hard for me to tell sometimes if my PC is just having a temper tantrum (LOL)...

Your pictures look nice though.

OS Name - Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3300 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GT 710
Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)
PM
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2018 18:56
ah yes, something tells me with a GT710 and only 2 physical cores, you do not have the graphical or CPU calculation capability to run the game, or any of my gameguru games for that matter. I am sorry.

FPSC's kshatriya prologue might run. wetwork, origins, and this I DOUBT will
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2018 15:49
Quote: "jeez, is the forum dying? I hope so, because from lack of attention compared to the FPSC days, sometimes I get the feeling my games are just not well liked around here..."

Don't think so. But unlike the FPSC community, this one has the maladie that a lot of users only browse the product chat section for updates.
Its the least interesting section in my opinion but oh well, their loss. Maybe promote this when the discord is really active?

I've just downloaded it

-Wolf
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2018 20:13
90 FPS in 'decent' and looks pretty but I can't figure out where to go after I've shot all the bad guys.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2018 20:54
@amen moses

nowhere togo. it's just an AI test.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2018 04:55
I got up early and came around to test this.

It has your style which is so cool...but always comes with a plethora of design choices that rub me wrong ..which you don't care about
I gotta say that the oversharpened look is less jarring while playing and makes everything look like one of the better 90s animes. I know this has a lot of photosourced content and even some of my models but it all looked so drawn to me...it was interesting.

It ran quite well. However, as this is an earlier version of the Panther AI...most soldiers just ignored me until I shot them. Having that paired with a voice actor who only sounds mildly inconvenienced when someone fires at him made it somewhat hilarious

The level layout was fun to play but lack of ambient sound made it feel more like a multiplayer mod from the early 2000s. (like a custom MP map)

-Wolf
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2018 18:42 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2018 18:44
Quote: "as this is an earlier version of the Panther AI...most soldiers just ignored me until I shot them. "

once in a blue moon they do that to me, but play it again, they may work better.

what was your frames like?

Quote: "but always comes with a plethora of design choices that rub me wrong ..which you don't care about "

but you should probably remind me of them anyway. The squeaky wheel gets the grease

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 22:02:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 22:02:20