Product Chat / Problems with Soldiers and respawn after dead

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi!
I got a simple question

I start my game and died by a shooter soldier...
when i go back with my second life, the soldiers are now in attack mode, they dont back to the initial state of the first life... just stay really alert and not following waypoints.
i need them to go back to their initial state, like "patrol", to follow waypoints, etc...

Thanks for your help! im learning so much in here
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2018 18:49 Edited at: 11th Jun 2018 18:50
Hi,

go to the file GameGuru\Files\scriptbank\ai\module_combatshoot.lua and open it with a texteditor.

add these lines in the main method:

I added them at line 86 so it looks like this:

that's it
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 11th Jun 2018 20:57
@Corno_1. thanks a lot. this script is nice,
one Question i would like to ask. after this lines you have added, does that mean the ai would also go back to there original starting point or not ? , how would one go about to also get them to go to there spawn/starting points after the player is dead. thanks for your script.

@LFR sorry for high-jacking your thread. but i have asked this similar question and no one could helped me up to now that Corno_1 answered your question. Tanks again Corno_1.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2018 00:03 Edited at: 12th Jun 2018 04:48
Are you using a checkpoint marker? Or spawning where you died?
Npc not returning back to waypoint, you may find yourself in npc range on spawn. I haven't used stock for a few weeks now *I see the legend Corno has added something for you to try.
*reset is a thing, takes a lot of set up and understanding. Not out of the box possible.
Define R4, i5, 16g, R9 290
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "how would one go about to also get them to go to there spawn/starting points after the player is dead. thanks for your script."

it is possible, but not so easy. I could copy and paste you something together, but then I would release a lot of unpolished alpha code from my AI experiments. Before I will release the code, I want to be sure that I have something to show except strange AI behavior.

Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 12th Jun 2018 11:29
Thanks Corno_1
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2018 01:56 Edited at: 13th Jun 2018 02:02
Old example of level reset. Except guns and ammo I have not had time to research. Though yes it is possible, often while walking the dog.
PM
LFR
Years of Service
User Offline
Fantastic @Corno_1 , thank you!!
PM
LFR
Years of Service
User Offline
Ive been testing the script... but not worked... when the player died, in the second life the soldier its in alert mode and not in his first waypoint...

is there an easy way to do this? reset all IA after a dead? also it would be cool to get some script to Reset all the evolution on the game, i mean if you take a key and die, in the second life you got that key, also happends with tigger zones , once they are activated they stay in that state on the second life... sometimes thats good but maybe its cool to have the "RESET ALL" feature.

Thanks guys
PM
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Set view range on Npc, or use checkpoint so you have distance from the npc view and/or try Panther Lite
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Ive been testing the script... but not worked... when the player died, in the second life the soldier its in alert mode and not in his first waypoint... "

Sorry, but it is just a "quick and dirty" fix. If you NPC is too far away from the waypoint or you spawn to near, he will immediately go into agro mode again if you come near.

Maybe you should really try Defy´s Panther Lite: https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/219757
I didn´t test it, but it looks promising.
Thread and Download
PM
LFR
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks i will try it! but im on the level 2 now... the first level its already with a big number of soldiers....... so making all again... Mmmm...

that should be fixed in the next default ai_soldier of GG... after de first dead the soldiers go crazy and follow crazy non existent waypoints...

Any piece of code we can use? i really like the actual ai_soldier.,.. it works for me... but thats the only serious problem i notice.

@Amenmoses ? @Defy ? maybe some parameters in the combat shoot module?

Thanks !!!
PM
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, if two or more AI engage on player, player dies. AI move to the location of player death, depending. May result in what you are seeing, this can also be caused by design and optional paths.
Either way, I will refer to another module tonight and get back to you.
PM
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2018 07:04 Edited at: 18th Jun 2018 11:28
@LFR or whom it may concern, I have solved the issue I believe your seeing apon death, can not preform the spin glitching , even if forced. not public update yet, I have to have a chat to Lee.

And also, no need to do all AI again, use what you have and try placing some checkpoint markers at a safe distance away from AI view range.
However I do see your point about people having pre built maps with current stock AI, I will look into that.
PM
LFR
Years of Service
User Offline
@Defy
Thanks!!
what version of GG would you recomend me on steam? i was running the public preview... any clues about the new update of GG? very excited about it.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 09:47:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 09:47:33