Product Chat / Thinking Buying GameGuru...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there...

I am watching your site now and some youtube videos...

I am a developer (windows/ubuntu/android) working lateley with b4j and b4a... hope to find some bridge between b4j... but seems difficult... for now

1. As i see your product works without coding but there is option to use lua script... so how difficult will be ?
2. Is there any demo of your app that i can test ?
3. As i can understand Gameguru is only for desktop and appgamekit is something for all platforms..
4. Is there a big pack with all assets and all apps (gameguru/rpgworld/appgamekit) in good price ?
5. At appgamekit is there gps support ?
6. At all products is there sql support (mariadb perhaps or at least sqlite) ?
7.Games or apps created - i can sell them without giving you a percent ? - is there version that i can give percent is sold and use your apps free?
8.Can i create puzzle game, adventure click, 2d only, strategy like redalert ?, simcity like games ?
9.Can i create games for low graphics req... ?
10. Standalone games created are portable ?

Do i ask many ? Sorry asking too much... i want to evolved someway...

Thanks in advanced
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2018 11:06 Edited at: 30th May 2018 11:07
Hi there

1... Game Guru does allow Custom LUA scripting and although there is no specific editor or tool its easy for those who know LUA to add scripts.. Its just a case of attaching your script to an asset

2... Sorry there is no demo version of GameGuru ..

3... " As i can understand Gameguru is only for desktop and appgamekit is something for all platforms.. "
That is correct

4... The nearest you will get is " The Game Creators Collection "
Available here https://www.thegamecreators.com/bundles

5... Im not sure on that one I will have to find out more or you could ask on the appgamekit forum ( these are 2 different products products
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/board/41

6... Same answer as above .. GG and appgamekit are different so best to ask on their forum

7... All games. apps created are royalty free but there are no free versions of GameGuru or Appgamekit available.

8... This depends on what app you want to use for creating a specific game ..

9... Again depending on the application .. GameGuru for example is now DX11 minimum

10... Standalone games are portable and will run from their folders with the included .exe
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
e-George
Years of Service
User Offline
6. At all products is there sql support (mariadb perhaps or at least sqlite) ?

at GameGuru is there sql support someway/somehow ?
PM
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2018 14:16
Hi ,
The basic package comes with a super abundance of assets and in general
will only be held back by your abilities and desire to learn further.
The fact that the basic package cost approx. $1500.00......oops...sorry , no ,
That's Unity. Actually it's $88.69.......oops....sorry....that's RpgMaker.
It's actually $109.99......oops...again.....sorry.....that's actually..Clickteam Fusion.
Game Guru is only around $20.00 and so , unless your in a third world country or are
super cheap Game Guru is amazingly affordable and one of the most versatile and able engines
I have ever worked with in 20 years of game engine experience , starting with the original Unreal engine
and thru a ton of others right up until today. ....and NO OTHER GAME ENGINE THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN
ANYWHERE , ANY TIME HAS THE COMMUNITY SUPPORT AND BACKING AND CLOSENESS THAT THE
GAME GURU FORUMS HAVE.
SOOOOO. .....spend $20.00 and come and join the club...

Thx

UNIRD12B
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 30th May 2018 15:30
Quote: "I have ever worked with in 20 years of game engine experience , starting with the original Unreal engine
and thru a ton of others right up until today. ."

and yet you still haven't learnt how to use the caps-lock button on your keyboard properly
[img]belidos3d.swgrp.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/blogo.png[/img]
Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2018 17:37
egeorge wrote: "1. As i see your product works without coding but there is option to use lua script... so how difficult will be ?"

lua is pretty hard to me, but as someone who is a 'developer' maybe itll be easy for you

egeorge wrote: "2. Is there any demo of your app that i can test ?"

no, but there are lots of games made with our app you can try to see if it's capable of producing something to your liking

egeorge wrote: "3. As i can understand Gameguru is only for desktop and appgamekit is something for all platforms.."

yep!

egeorge wrote: "4. Is there a big pack with all assets and all apps (gameguru/rpgworld/appgamekit) in good price ?"

maybe, but i'd suggest just getting what you want as you want it.

egeorge wrote: "7.Games or apps created - i can sell them without giving you a percent ? - is there version that i can give percent is sold and use your apps free?"

games you make are yours and you make 100% of the profits. there isn't a free version i know of.

egeorge wrote: "8.Can i create puzzle game, adventure click, 2d only, strategy like redalert ?, simcity like games ?"

you could, but it would be a lot harder than a shooter with gameguru. appgamekit would be a better bet there or some other engine.

egeorge wrote: "9.Can i create games for low graphics req... ?"

you can try, but gameguru and what seems to be all tgc products are notorious for running their poor graphics slowly on even the nicest of rigs

egeorge wrote: "10. Standalone games created are portable ?"

yep! no installs needed

i dont know 6 or 7
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "5. At appgamekit is there gps support ?"

Yes there is: https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/Input-Raw.htm
Quote: "6. At all products is there sql support (mariadb perhaps or at least sqlite) ?"

GG no. Apk maybe. There are a lot of devs which comes with a lot of ideas.
Maybe this fits
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/219939
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 16:27:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 16:27:15