Work In Progress / Lyttonfield Observatory Amusement Park

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2018 00:44 Edited at: 18th Apr 2018 00:51
the player explores an abandoned amusement park where many children and students have disappeared
during the time Nibiru rises behind the moon.
i attempted to tell the "story" through news-paper clips that are scattered around the park.
a small test-level that i made quite some time ago... not sure if it´s worth to expand.
i think i almost used no lights at all... : P

i´m glad that this level still looks quite okay with the new update- opposed to my much more customized Murmia-level

LIFE ON EARTH IS EXPENSIVE BUT IT INCLUDES A FREE TRIP AROUND THE SUN
PM
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2018 02:11
now THIS is cool! I like how the stuff you read is textured and must be read in the environment instead of popping up a HUD that blocks the screen.
I'd revert back to the old version, the update seems pretty terrible in every way. seems like lighting and backwards compatibility and frame rates and reshade is all a thing of the past for this "update"
beanz
Years of Service
User Offline
hey thank you Bugsy !
i used an online news-paper-clip-generator and then the old entity workshop to get it into the game. very quick and easy. it kind of works....i guess it´s not much used in games maybe because it´s just too lazy ?

i have some problems with custom 3d models ... but frame rate seems much better and loading shorter. not sure yet what to think about the update but it seems to me that working with it might be smoother than before. but it probably also implies that i have to make alot of stuff from scratch- we´ll see.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 18th Apr 2018 11:41 Edited at: 18th Apr 2018 11:42
Quote: "and then the old entity workshop to get it into the game"

I'm surprised that actually worked for you, entity workshop was designed for FPSC not GameGuru, although the .X and .dds side of things haven't changed, FPSC used a different format than the current .FPE and entity workshop generates the FPSC format (i think it was .FPI or something), so they shouldn't work in GameGuru at all, unless a newer version for GameGuru was made that i haven't seen yet.

It does look good though

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
beanz
Years of Service
User Offline
hey thanks ! i have been using entity workshop all the time and never had much problems with it. i mainly use the basic shapes that are included in entity workshop. i can use it to re-texture some of the stock assets too.
but i´m also worried that it stops working some day... it´s so easy to use and so practical... i just love it.
would be so awesome if something like that would be included into gg. i like the building in gg but a entity editor with basic shapes is really missing.
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2018 12:53
Please also add a few screenshots to the first post.
Duchenkuke
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2018 09:28
looks VERY interesting. Please keep at it !

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 02:57:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 02:57:25