Awesome stuff going on in GameGuru land at present - great work everyone!
Just made a standalone map and thought I would let you guys know how it went
It was just a single level with all custom media aside from the security Drone from the Sci-Fi pack, and some fire and smoke decals.
- Using current Public Preview
- Loaded even faster than the map does in test mode. Be interesting to see how that goes with more content.
- And ran just fine, it felt smoother that in test mode.
- Custom terrain, skybox, sounds, decals, scripts all present and working as intended.
- All model maps were present with the exception of _illumination for pbr models.
- Dynamic Lights don't work correctly - they are just white and super bright.
Copying over the missing map fixed the illumination.
On second run the lights worked fine. The lights were over a model with illumination so it may have been the missing map that caused the lighting problem, so I will test that a bit further.
Most impressive was the loading time - it was super fast - hopefully this is now something that we can work with!
Can't wait to see how the new monster update works - erm Lee, where is it man!
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.