Third Party Tools / @ B.O.T.RINGS Segment AutoWelder

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2018 16:53
Hi, m8 been playing again with this app, is there anyway of presetting the the output dir params for textures

I tried adding - textures/ or textures in the .x file in TextureFileName

TextureFileName {
"textures\w_l_mid_01_d2.dds";
}
TextureFileName {
"textures w_l_mid_01_d2.dds";
}

but the entity will not show.

The only way it works is all textures and .x & fpe have to be in same folder to get the entity to show in GG

Is it possable to try keep all textures in one folder?
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2018 17:11
Game Guru is looking for textures inside the entitybank folder by default as all entities are call from there normally.

This is how it was designed to work.
Might be a good thing for a feature request.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2018 17:48
Thanks Mike, it would help tidy the files dir up that's for sure... Multi Texture items are a pain to go through
when searching for textures.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2018 06:16 Edited at: 9th Mar 2018 06:19
@Super Clark: you could try double slashes in the .X file e.g. TextureFileName {
"textures\\w_l_mid_01_d2.dds";
}

the "\" character is recognised as an escape character in most languages. So 2 slashes "masks" the escape character.

You can of course move textures to the same folder as the .FPE, .X and .BMP file and change the .X to just TextureFileName {
"w_l_mid_01_d2.dds";
}

also, anything you put in the FPE under TEXTURED=, will override what is specified in the .X file. But if you have multi textures in the .X file, leave the TEXTURED= parameter blank.

I seem to recall that it all worked fine with the textures being referenced in the actual "TEXTURES" folder I created. I'm not sure now if the TEXTUREPATH= parameter works in GameGuru or if it only worked in FPSC.

Maybe I will refresh my memory and play around with the tool again and think about whether to make some small updates/fixes.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2018 13:38
ok m8 thanks will give it some more testing...
PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2018 17:22
Hi, m8 been testing today and none of the old FPSCreator doors will work anymore when they
are converted to GG, I have tested 20+ doors over and over and they just will not open or close. I tested on the
GameGuru v 2017.05.12 the Game Just Crashes every time you press E to open. and the NEW Public Preview the doors
either will not open or close and some you can just walk right through no matter what the collision setting is on.

Is there any chance you could see whats going on. I tested SCi-Fi & WW2 doors all same issues.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2018 17:45 Edited at: 12th Mar 2018 17:46
@Super Clark-sorry to hear the doors aren't working as they used to. I'll take a look into it now and see what's going on. Most likely the current directx exporter code is not working as it should. Luckily, I have been updating the Xporter code and have fixed some issues, so will replace the old code with the current code, test and release the next version of SegAutoWelder.
I will of course (once it all working ok again), make a video to show how to get doors functioning correctly with hopefully both the non public beta and the current public beta version of GameGuru.

In the meantime, do you have any of the previous old versions of the tool as these most likely work with the doors?
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2018 18:42
I have tested versions back to 3.4 all same m8 i dont have any older versions
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2018 18:50
@Super Clark-Ah yes, just looked at the last couple of versions, is a total mess up with the naming of FPE's / X files etc. Also the door X files have missing animations. Will work on the next update to get this all resolved. Sorry about that. I also noticed in the public preview the objects are coming out really dark. Might need to play around with the setup.ini file for GameGuru.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2018 19:33
Yeh, I have checked the effects and you have to removed the entity_basic.fx or you get very weird effects indeed.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2018 20:17 Edited at: 12th Mar 2018 20:18
@Super Clark-Or you can also modify the setup.ini for GameGuru and change the following parameters as follows:

forceloadtestgameshaders=1
pbroverride=0

and then fire up GG.

This cures the darkness of the object(s).

It looks like version 3.5.7.7 of the app works ok with doors (so far tested in public preview of GG and animation/audio works fine). I can send you that version if you don't have it. Feel free to ping me your address that you used to purchase the program via Paypal.

Until I get a working updated version tested, it will tie you over until then.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2018 20:44
Thanks m8 done the GG ini will give it a test... I can wait for the next update m8 for the doors.. I doing a spot of updating
my back-ups so got plenty to do atm thanks for checking.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 16:23:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 16:23:14