Product Chat / ...from the modding workshop

Author
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2018 19:21 Edited at: 29th Apr 2018 18:05
Hi guys,

If you want to give something back, feel free to thank and donate to Preben. He made this mod possible with all his hard work. Thanks a lot Preben

This mod is committed and will find his way earlier or later in the core. Thanks a lot to all testers and have a nice day
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Forgot to put a download link in the first post Ups
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2018 17:15
I do not run PP, I am just here to post that I find this kind of community engagement utterly commendable
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2018 20:20
Ok, i've tried it.

This is so much easier than diving into the shaders to make changes, but i wonder if the values should be altered a little.
Most notably the waterspeed which is already quite high and the sparkle intensity which looks good when the value is kept low.

I can imagine that many users will be very happy with this feature.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2018 20:27
I won’t have a chance to test until tomorrow but it looks great.will you be able to ad a raise and lower water tab.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2018 20:40
I haven't used that slider in the video, but it is present, you can adjust the waterheight now.
The water is still acid though, raise it to high and the player character dies and died and dies and dies....
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2018 20:42
Quote: "I haven't used that slider in the video, but it is present, you can adjust the waterheight now.
The water is still acid though, raise it to high and the player character dies and died and dies and dies...."

Thanks ,looking on my phone I never spotted that .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Excellent work Corno_1
That just has to be a new core feature
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2018 10:43
Works great Corno_1,it would be cool if you could up the wave effect a bit but apart from that it a good addition to GG.great for making rivers to .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2018 19:57 Edited at: 5th Mar 2018 23:35
Tried this one as well ... Impressive work
It would be an amazing addition
PM
MStockton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2018 11:32
Big WOW just from the video. Major improvement. I love it.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2018 11:53 Edited at: 6th Mar 2018 11:54
@Corno_1: well done with this addition, had a quick play around with the feature and is a lot of fun altering the different values in realtime. Awesome job
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 6th Mar 2018 12:00 Edited at: 6th Mar 2018 12:01
That looks really good, most useful.

Now that we have people adding sliders to the tab/tab options, is there anybody out there who would be able to revise the design of the UI (i would myself but i don't have a clue how), as more and more options are going to take up more and more screen space, maybe have 2 "windows" one on each side, with multiple tabs on each to switch between slider sets?

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2018 22:29
awesome work corno.....

will you be doing under water and swimming?

are you able to make entities that can become cubic areas of water that have the swimming effect this would basically create multi levels of water and possible angle the entity as a river so you can widget a long stretched entity and connect the entity lake to the main water level?

this is remarkable work and show me where to donate solely to you
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "will you be doing under water and swimming? "

I dont know. It is not my highest priority at the moment, because the physics maybe get a overhaul, so it could be obsolet what I am doing. So before I do useless stuff, I make something different.
Quote: "are you able to make entities that can become cubic areas of water that have the swimming effect this would basically create multi levels of water and possible angle the entity as a river so you can widget a long stretched entity and connect the entity lake to the main water level?"

I have no clue about all the gui stuff and entity code at the moment, so I did not see me working on this in the near future.

@all
thanks for your feedback.
I will tweak the speed values a bit and then I will send it to github and request a merge for the core.
Thread and Download
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2018 22:08 Edited at: 9th Mar 2018 23:36
Hi guys,

I added the lua water commands and changed the speed parameters a bit(added a water flow speed slider)
Lua commands:

If someone could test these on his pc, that would be great
Download is in the first post or here: Removed found a bug
Thread and Download
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2018 22:50
Can you add 'Get' functions as well, scripts will need to know the current values.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys,
it is ready to download again:

Download

It is a lua documentation included, so everybody should know how to use the commands.
But I am not sure anymore if this should go into the core. I played a lot with it and it can create really ugly results and I have not enough experience with shaders so that I can fix it.
Test it and tell me your opinion
Thread and Download
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2018 19:20 Edited at: 19th Mar 2018 19:22
Man you are a saint! this is great

by change are you HierToo on the Github? I've been working on swimming controls so it looks like this modification should work fine in tangent with what I've been working on. Also it should prevent the player from automatically dying once the water reaches above the player's head in in-game testing.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "by change are you HierToo on the Github?"

Yes I am, but the account name here can mean something offensive in different languages. So I used a different one
Your changes does not affect me in any case, except your request for the waterline reset. I think I found a hotfix for that. I will see after my holliday how this patch breaks my mod and then decide what to do.
Thread and Download
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2018 14:57 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2018 14:59
It appears someone has already added the reset to the beta and public preview builds.

I can see how this conflicts since the in game modifications effect the same value as the TAB ones in your mod. A highly complex issue by the looks of it. Maybe we need an option in settings.ini to enable or disable water line resetting?
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Maybe we need an option in settings.ini to enable or disable water line resetting?"

I will do it differently. There is defiantly a way without introducing another flag
Thread and Download
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
I uploaded it and request a merge. Let´s see what Lee thinks
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/pull/161
Thread and Download
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2018 13:00
Good news Corno_1 it’s a great addition to GG

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Fantastic !!
I think he will be impressed
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "this is remarkable work and show me where to donate solely to you"

Hey i spent month making that water shader , testing/improving/changing/testing again , and think i made tons of parameters you can play with to make the effect your looking for, not to say that the tab tab settings is not good thats i great improvement but...

Sorry just have one of those days, thinking about where to put your free time and what you get back.
Subscribe and checkout great GameGuru/AGK video's here: Videos click here
Latest GameGuru Loader news: News click here
Get GameGuru Loader PBR version here: Steam click here
best regards Preben Eriksen,
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2018 16:56 Edited at: 29th Apr 2018 16:58
Quote: "Hey i spent month making that water shader "

I can see your point
Preben deserves a whole lot of credit for the shader work or it would have all been in vain
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2018 17:01
Wish I could work out this shader malarkey, great respect for anyone who can as it just gives me a big headache.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2018 17:07
Quote: "Hey i spent month making that water shader , testing/improving/changing/testing again , and think i made tons of parameters you can play with to make the effect your looking for, not to say that the tab tab settings is not good thats i great improvement but..."

Never realised that

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2018 17:59 Edited at: 29th Apr 2018 18:03
@Preben sorry. I should give you credit. But you were so much more than just these shader changes that I completely forgot it. All you work, your bug fixes, shaders, GG Loader and so on, made GG what it is now. I was really surprised that you and AmenMoses was not even mentioned in the newsletter by name.

Quote: "Sorry just have one of those days, thinking about where to put your free time and what you get back."

I could talk a lot about these days, we all have them, but at the end we are all strangers in the internet and you will never get enough back from us. This here is a waste of time and it will always be.

I added a line in the first post and will do it here too:
If you want to give something back, feel free to thank and donate to Preben. He made this mod possible with all his hard work. Thanks a lot Preben
Thread and Download
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 29th Apr 2018 19:03
Another shout out for Preben - the knowledge and skill he brings to GG and GG Loader is absolutely amazing - the shader coding capability and skill is just simply awesome - I've studied his work for insight and I've learned so much ... and also learnt how much he knows and what he can do .. just brilliant. He's pretty cool with the c++ engine changes too and has spent many many hours, days with fault fixes and enhancements. Just a top class guy.

I think he should get some donation money - think he has some really cool ideas on memory fixes and texture management bubbling in his brain that would lift GG greatly.

There are 3 or 4 top notch game programmers active in these forums ... it would be a shame if any of them felt they weren't greatly appreciated by us mere mortals.

Cheers.
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2018 20:32
I agree wholeheartedly with this, The work and time which Preben has put into Game Guru is enormous, Thank you Preben! it is much appreciated.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
@Corno_1
Don't down play what you have done either .. That's a huge feature we have wanted for some time
I think Preben just got a little upset by a comment ( rightly so )
Personally I'm blown away by what your all doing ..

PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, and sorry Corno_1 about that it was just a brain fart, it has nothing to do with your great mod that actually make it possible for people to use all those settings without digging into shaders, Thanks for that and it will be a great addition to GG
Subscribe and checkout great GameGuru/AGK video's here: Videos click here
Latest GameGuru Loader news: News click here
Get GameGuru Loader PBR version here: Steam click here
best regards Preben Eriksen,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 15:06:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 15:06:01