Product Chat / 3rd Person

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 17th Nov 2017 16:32
Hello all,
I have been away from gameguru for awhile and noticed that 3rd person for any character was complete. Question I have is how so? I mean when you put a character on the start marker yeah you can move them, but there is no attacking or anything so I was hoping I might get some help with this. What do I need to do to have them swing swords and all that? Do I need to write a script or is that part not done yet. I feel that my world was put out with alot of features that we want in gameguru. I'm sorry but I feel that's not very fair to release something else that has a lot of what people want to see here.
Thank you for any help,
Wishing you all the best.
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2017 18:23
It's not fully implemented and absolutely should be on the list again.

You can't do melee, for one. If you fire your gun, it fires at the first-person crosshair, which makes 3rd person exceptionally difficult to configure and use.

Animations are in place for reloads and melee but don't seem properly configured or used.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2017 18:26
this should help with 3rd person:

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/216018#msg2554984
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
cryptweaver
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 17th Nov 2017 19:01
Thanks guys
Wishing you all the best.
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2017 23:40
@cryptweaver you are right I too am very disappointed with the 3rd person in this engine. with the last public update, I got everything working but, when I save the level in a standalone game. the melee does not work like it should. I even got the camera to lock for side-scrolling gameplay. in the game engine it all works fine but in the standalone, you cannot attack without holding down the right mouse button then using the left mouse button to attack. this a very lame issue and I believe Lee has something missing in the standalone code. because you can't attack using the Xbox controller as well. If Lee could fix the broken standalone in the next update I could share this with the forum.
more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

Windows 7 home premium 64bit gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 07:57:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 07:57:07