Showcase / X-Canyon III Deep 6

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2017 20:30 Edited at: 8th Oct 2017 20:57
Hi Guru's....

"X-Canyon III Deep 6" is now available for free! I admit I tried to sell it on Game Jolt over the last 5 months but had absolutely no sale's what so ever so Giving it to the Guru Gang to enjoy. The Game actually took me almost a year to create and if it wasn't for Mr. Pirate Myke it would have never happened! Myke very generously placed a bone and fire spot in the submarine x-file for me and I can not thank him enough. Hopefully GG will get some street cred for this as well....

Description:

While on routine patrol out at sea all hell breaks loose and Nuclear war is imminent ! You Captain a classic WWII U-Boat and take on the worst threat known to man kind!....

Submarine's are totally my thing and good submarine games are far and few so I made one! In a submarine I don't think there are many windows to see out of so I tried to stick with a navigation system based on what a submarine's instruments would be. Terrain map ,sonar , Compass and Elevation with Player status built in ! Player should take advantage of all assets to complete each level ....The videos I created for this game should help as a Tutorial.

Warning:This game dose contain blinking lights ....

Thank you for playing!....Please Note I am Always interest in Career opportunities in Video Game Development here in southern California! I am easy to Contact either through PM here or my Youtube channel!

Always Special Thanks to forum members & Mods:

synchromesh
Pirate Myke
Bored of the Rings
The Next
Jerry Tremble
3com
granada
Dvader
Lee Bamber
Uman
Best4real
rolfy
Northern
perelect
smallg
HarryWever
Tarkus1971
Belidos
AmenMoses (terrain map and classic Radar)

and all the others that have helped me!

This game comes packed in Vishnu Launcher...

Download:

https://gamejolt.com/games/facebook-com-sHn33Ky/253245

Title : X-Canyon III Deep 6
Developer : sHn33Ky
Controls: Standard Keyboard/Mouse W,A,S,D= Move,Turn,Strafe
Mouse=turn/look/aim
LM= Fire Weapon
RM= Throttle (Level 2 Only)
E= Start Engines (level 2 Only)
R= Scroll Hud (quick Press recomended)
Hold Shift+Press "E"= toggle zoom in/out terrain and Sonar (Sonar level 2 only)
Space= Blow Ballast (level 1 & 3 only)

Processor: Intel(R) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable) System type: 64-bit Operating System,x64-based processor

Start the day by righting your wrongs then end you day right so you don't have to do it again tomorrow ...

sHn33Ky
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 9th Oct 2017 09:14
Looks great so far. Only Three major things i'd pick up on, the first which there isn't much you can do about because it's an engine issue is that the sub is constantly sinking into terrain, the second is the speed of the sub, it's looks extremely fast and hard to control, the third and again probably nothing you can do about, you really have to get way too close to shoot them, a torpedo's a long range slow moving projectile, getting that close doesn't feel right.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2017 14:20
great seeing this here. One of my favourite types of games as I always loved "submarine commander" on the expanded Vic-20 back in the day when games were on cartridges or tape cassette. I think what you've done looks pretty good. Shame you didn't get any sales but people pretty much want everything for free these days. I wouldn't let that put you off though some good detail added in the game. good stuff
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2017 14:42
Looks great,I will download and play later thanks .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
ShN33Ky
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2017 20:55
In the 1st and 3rd level when the submarine is on the surface of the water the terrain is basically all flat but I added some low areas to create the affect that the submarine is semi-submerged! Player can use the terrain map to see these area's and use them to avoid incoming projectiles ! Have to lock the camera in these 2 levels so player does not drown in the shallow water! In the 2nd submerged level the camera is un locked and the submarine basically uses the jetpack to move quickly and when no moving at all player is slowly sinking. I lowered the Gravity but basically the jetpack physics are in play here....player can cover terrain much faster if camera angle is more top-down! If you want a real challenge try using the interior hud's that limit the exterior view and navigate with the instruments! I know I made the game but One can actually locate and destroy the enemy's with the Radar and terrain systems alone!!!

....great work by Amenmoses!
Processor: Intel(R) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable) System type: 64-bit Operating System,x64-based processor

Start the day by righting your wrongs then end you day right so you don't have to do it again tomorrow ...

sHn33Ky

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:38:36
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:38:36