Scripts / Looking for Custom Scripts for a game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: GameGuru
Posted: 28th Sep 2017 00:19 Edited at: 28th Sep 2017 00:56
Hello guys,

My name is WAZY and I am looking for some custom scripts for a game demo, possibly a game if there is ever a way to release multiple maps in a map selector mode as each map is endless.

I am looking to create Call of Duty Zombie clone with the following functionality, (mostly for my fun plus some online fun with other people )

List of Required Functionality
* Wave/Round Spawn with spawn points across the map if parts of the map are unlocked by the player if not only spawn zombies to points the player has access to.
*Wave Round Spawn must be able to handle different zombie AI scripts and must be able to dynamically change zombie ai (on certain conditions, ie last zombie left on round becomes fast zombie or player low on health make zombies damage less etc)
*Wave Round Spawn must be able to allow round of +1000 zombies but there is a way to limit zombies in the spawn to a custom number like 50 and when number of zombies drop below that number the wave spawn must spawn zombies for that amount until wave is completed
*Zombies must have always travel to players location regardless how far zombie is away from player.
*Player earns points on kills, head shots earn more points while non head shots earn less points
* The higher the wave the stronger the zombies become so at round 1 zombies are almost insta kill while zombies at round 100 take a lot of bullets.
*Purchase guns off walls zones for x amount of points
*Purchase door unlocks once unlocked doors are open for all zombies to go through to get to player location

I may need more functionality as the development goes on my game.

I am looking to purchase these scripts by someone that has experience creating lua scripts. Also give estimate pricing for this functionality on 2 pricing ways. The first pricing is for me to have exclusive license over the script IE I can sell the script and the other is where you have the license to sell the scripts on but with a clause for length before you can sell script on.

You must show me past script work so I can judge on whether I will choose you to do this work. If you use video as the format to show off please tell me what the script did and at what point in the video I can see the script work. The script work doesn't have to be related to what I want but must be able to show you know what you are doing.

The deal is 50% upon start of work with the last 50% on completion, once completed I pay you whatever is left owing then you hand over the scripts. You must have a video demo to show final product of the script working in the way I specified. If there is extra work I will let you know and you can let me know how much extra that will be with me again paying you 50% of that work before starting the new work.

Regards
WAZY
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2017 08:39
Quote: "The deal is 50% upon start of work with the last 50% on completion, once completed I pay you whatever is left owing then you hand over the scripts. You must have a video demo to show final product of the script working in the way I specified. If there is extra work I will let you know and you can let me know how much extra that will be with me again paying you 50% of that work before starting the new work.
"

Not gonna happen mate, it's against the forum rules.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
DaRealWAZY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2017 09:34
Quote: "Not gonna happen mate, it's against the forum rules. "

I think I should of read more but where do you get freelance work done for game guru? Like the lua scripting for game guru is really specialized and someone who knows lua may not have game guru or experience with working with game guru. I just want to get some scripts made for my game that I am willing to pay for to make it unique compared to other games. I just don't get or understand scripting just doesn't get through to my brain.

But anyplace you know where to get custom made scripts for game guru where I am allowed to pay for them and it is not against the forum rules?

Regards
WAZY
DaRealWAZY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2017 09:55
I just read the selling section of the forum rules and here is what it says

Quote: "We do allow selling via the forums, however there are some rules that go along with this in order to protect our users.

All sales must be made via PayPal or another payment service that offers seller protection.
You can link to your website that allows purchasing of items. However it is strictly prohibited to post links to websites that feature the ability to pay using credit or debit cards.
In addition to the above point, it is strictly forbidden to feature the credit/debit card processing logos on your website, this includes but is not limited to visa and mastercard, even if card payment is not taken. This will be taken as a sign of intent to provide card payment abilities.
TGC may provide permission to provide card processing via your website by special request, please get in touch if you would like us to review your website."

also in the net most of time to make a transaction happy for both freelancer and purchaser a 50% on start of project with the final 50% on completion is normally normal behavior for these transactions.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Its also not possible yet (AFAIK), GG doesn't have any true multiplayer mode, just a very basic template for steam play.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2017 10:14
@DaRealWAZY: you can't afford me , ha
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 28th Sep 2017 11:08 Edited at: 28th Sep 2017 11:10
Quote: "I just read the selling section of the forum rules and here is what it says"

But you're not selling, you are making a request to buy, it is against the rules to do that.

Quote: "This board is not simply for requests for someone else to make a script for you.

If posting a thread here then show some evidence you have either...

1) Attempted to write the code yourself, this means either post the whole script or the snippet you need help with.

or

2) Researched how the script will work and need help with exactly what commands to use or what the best method may be.

Threads that show no effort on behalf of the poster will be deleted."

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/210513

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
DaRealWAZY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2017 11:32
Quote: "But you're not selling, you are making a request to buy, it is against the rules to do that."

Now that is true, damn well that sucks then. In my opinion that quote you quoted makes sense if someone is looking for a script or help with a script without putting effort not for someone looking to get someone to make the script and pay for that script to get made (Maybe the mods should specify in more detail whether asking for freelance work is allowed or not.

I just love Game Guru and want to create some fun little maps of zombies games for myself to enjoy and play and that requires me to get a custom script to have the thing I need, when I get holidays from my job I may learn scripting but that will be a few months away and in that time I could of got a freelancer from this forums (if it is allowed) to create exactly what I need.

Quote: "Its also not possible yet (AFAIK), GG doesn't have any true multiplayer mode, just a very basic template for steam play."

Fair enough but may or may not be implemented in the future and just want to make some maps with the functionality I want.

Anyways thanks for all the help guys

Regards
WAZY

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
nothing stopping you creating the maps but the scripts would be near impossible to create as we have no idea what commands we will get or function names etc... it would be much easier and faster to do once the MP is added properly.

Quote: "I just love Game Guru and want to create some fun little maps of zombies games for myself to enjoy and play and that requires me to get a custom script to have the thing I need"

COD style zombies is often requested and something i would personally like to see possible in GG - unfortunately it isn't yet.
however if you are happy to use GG and don't mind a bit of extra money investment it can be done via GG & AGK using GG loader, you could then also look for coders with BASIC or C++ experience as AGK supports both.
lua guide for GG
windows 10
DaRealWAZY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2017 13:00 Edited at: 28th Sep 2017 13:26
Quote: "COD style zombies is often requested and something i would personally like to see possible in GG - unfortunately it isn't yet.
however if you are happy to use GG and don't mind a bit of extra money investment it can be done via GG & AGK using GG loader, you could then also look for coders with BASIC or C++ experience as AGK supports both."

I do have AGK (I got AGK 2 with GG in a humble bundle a while back never used it till recently) I suppose I could learn coding in AGK and use my small limited knowledge of coding/programming but that would be near impossible for one person (like me to do but I can hire a programmer to help me )

Just want to ask you for some advice @smallg since I have messed around with some of your scripts mostly infinite respawn script I am not caring much about multiplayer just maps really.

* I know there is a way to waves (as you have created them) maybe not the extent of not spawning left over zombies in a wave etc.
* I know there is a way to have a point system (currency system) for killing enemies
* I am sure there is a way to have a door or obstacle system with enough points you can open them (either destroy obstacles or make a door stay open
via lua not 100% sure
* I am sure by using 360 degree and giving the zombies a ver far distance will sort of help make zombies follow the player (might not work if there is walls
in the way of players and zombies (not sure)

The only things left that I am not 100% sure about is possible are:
* using zones (and setting up multiple and making random amounts of zombies spawn at each point so say wave/round 1 there are 5 zombies and 2
spawn points it would put 3 at SpawnPoint1 and 2 at SpawnPoint2 and if you played it x amount of times you will notice that sometimes SpawnPoint2
would get 3 zombies etc) Now this is probably not possible in lua because I don't think in lua code you get access to list of entities in the level and you probably can't keep cloning say 5 zombies in a scene to make this work via lua (so this is where a cod style wave zombie game fails) Is it possible to track how many enemies you kill using your infinite re-spawn script (I think that could be doubtful but possible so possible to make a weird workaround with this and award points for killing). Use the amount of zombies killed and new areas unlocked as a way to track score and possibly create a high-score system (in future probably not though)
* Wall Guns, now my experience with scripting like I said and in general programming is limited and I am sure this would be possible using lua but not entirely sure using the points accumulated by killing enemies.
* Instead of power ups is there a way to use the respawn script you created to have certain ammo respawn and give a limit to maximum ammo a player can hold?

I am sure most of these can be done via lua and there you have it a cod style zombie game maybe not exactly but it will still be different to what currently has been done and will be similar enough to cod style zombie experience. But then again what do I know? (was not trying to come out rude with that comment more to my lack of skill with scripting and what you can and can't do with scripting. Sorry if it came out rude)

I do like the sound of using AGK though so may spend some time to learn it when I can will get the GG to AGK loader soon
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
with the right set up and models it should be possible to do everything in GG (except as you already noted, the cloning of enemies/entities) - currently everything in the level must already be loaded by the editor, you can not turn 1 zombie into 2 or 100 etc... but in theory you can blend a mix of "alive" zombies and "recycled" zombies (from the killed ones).
the issue is not "if it can be done", it's that it can't be done for multiplayer (yet).

you could create a cod style map for yourself in GG right now (once AI is fixed at least) i'm 95% sure... maybe a few minor issues here and there but in essence i see no major problems (except re-spawning can be very odd at times, i would likely not use it as a method at all).
however that map will not work for multiplayer.

Quote: " I am sure by using 360 degree and giving the zombies a very far distance will sort of help make zombies follow the player (might not work if there is walls
in the way of players and zombies (not sure)"

AI can follow as much or as little as you like, you can track the player in real time as you will always have this info, not a problem - the only limit would be obstacles etc
Quote: "using zones (and setting up multiple and making random amounts of zombies spawn at each point so say wave/round 1 there are 5 zombies and 2
spawn points it would put 3 at SpawnPoint1 and 2 at SpawnPoint2 and if you played it x amount of times you will notice that sometimes SpawnPoint2
would get 3 zombies etc) Now this is probably not possible in lua because I don't think in lua code you get access to list of entities in the level and you probably can't keep cloning say 5 zombies in a scene to make this work via lua (so this is where a cod style wave zombie game fails) Is it possible to track how many enemies you kill using your infinite re-spawn script (I think that could be doubtful but possible so possible to make a weird workaround with this and award points for killing). Use the amount of zombies killed and new areas unlocked as a way to track score and possibly create a high-score system (in future probably not though)"
you can track kills in the exit(e) part of an AI script
zones can use a math.random(#,#) to spawn random number of enemies
Quote: " Wall Guns, now my experience with scripting like I said and in general programming is limited and I am sure this would be possible using lua but not entirely sure using the points accumulated by killing enemies."

will require raycasting but it's possible.
Quote: "have certain ammo respawn and give a limit to maximum ammo a player can hold?"

both possible, the gun info is available in the GG commands.
lua guide for GG
windows 10

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:13:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:13:03