Product Chat / The Top Games made with gameguru - Community Survey

Author
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2017 23:18
Hey guys,

I am using gg now for 1,5 years. ( Yeah thats not very long ) But in this time I saw many many projects with gameguru and played quite a lot of them.
Still, I have that feeling I saw almost nothing.

I want you, to tell me your top Games made with gameguru. You can name several games and please add why you like it that much.
I am very interested in seeing some projects I never heard of!

So please, go on and tell me your thoughts !

I gotta say, I liked Father's Island because of the special atmosphere it has to offer. The Narrative Story and Music Design was well made. I played it after work to calm down and it was wonderful.

Also I have to mention the Redacted series from Wolf. I've never seen such stunning visuals and good level design, combined with extremely fast performance. This really is a great example of what is possible with gameguru even at it's current stage.

Now, it's your turn!

- Duchenkuke

Modder, Soundtrack Composer and now Game Developer. Well, sort of.

Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 8,0 GB Ram, Geforce GTX 1050ti

Youtube:
(Music Channel) The German Music Dude: https://www.youtube.com/user/DeutscherVolker
(Games and Mods Channel ) DK Productions: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIqwvScXnJL_zNYqSsfTCqA

Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2017 23:32
I won't mention my games here

However, here is my shortlist:

- Redacted. if someone shows us how to fake good visuals and some almost good shooter gameplay in GG, it's Wolf. Lacks a little bit in the story / narration departement.

- Hunted. Terribly slow on Low Spec machines, some beginner errors, but overall a great horror trip in the fields and it is a full, completed game that can compete against most Unity-horror-walkers on Steam.

- Kshatriya: In terms of gameplay, still the best shooter work done with GG so far.

- Steve: If you missed unfamillias gem, please go check it out. It's awesome!

Aside of those "good" ones, I have a guilty pleasure weak spot for the Shoota-Man series. I don't know why
"I am a road map, I will lead and you will follow, I will teach and you will learn, when you leave my sprint planning you will be weapons, focused and full of JIRA tickets, Hot Rod rocket development gods of precision and strength, terrorizing across the repository and hunting for github submits."
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2017 16:56
Well I got my 1st simple game done way back, here is a link, it's free as well

https://gamejolt.com/games/saviour-v2/108249

This was created in 2015 so was in the very early days of GameGuru, hope some of the newer users will enjoy.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth.
Duchenkuke
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2017 17:02 Edited at: 21st Sep 2017 17:02
Thanks for sharing ! I will definately check it out sooner or later.

Quote: "
- Hunted. Terribly slow on Low Spec machines, some beginner errors, but overall a great horror trip in the fields and it is a full, completed game that can compete against most Unity-horror-walkers on Steam."

aww thank you so much ertlov. I am honored.
You know you watched too many of Lee's Live Brodcasts when you're at work and have an earwig from his twitch intro music....

By the way, I am a Modder, Soundtrack Composer and now Game Developer. Well, sort of.

Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 8,0 GB Ram, Geforce GTX 1050ti
Find some my work onYoutube:
(Music Channel) The German Music Dude: https://www.youtube.com/user/DeutscherVolker
(Games and Mods Channel ) DK Productions: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIqwvScXnJL_zNYqSsfTCqA

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2017 18:40
ertlov wrote: "Kshatriya: In terms of gameplay, still the best shooter work done with GG so far. "

My Favs:
Redacted 2 (NOT REDACTED 1)- Great frames, Great game
Fathers Island- probably the most commercially successful

being unable to self nominate though, that's a short list. I kinda feel like at this point, there's not enough gameguru games to pick favourites. Games beyond the extent of our wildest gameguru dreams will be produced quicker than we know, and this thread will become pretty useless once even those games become obsolete due to the wave of new games that get produced after that. I kinda feel like this thread is like picking BOTB and VBOTB when FPSC 2 is still in Early Adopter phase

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2017 11:10
I concur with Bugsy. While GG has been around for a couple of years it is only recently that you can develop functional games with it. (to an extend.)
I see every title I'd mention myself already named by Duchenkuke and Ertlov and also won't self nominate but thanks to those who included my games.

-Wolf

Quote: "Redacted 2 (NOT REDACTED 1)- Great frames, Great game"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 05:55:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 05:55:38