Third Party Tools / FPI to LUA converter - version 1.0

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2020 14:43
@BOTR.
The link to yours tools is broken. Is this stuff still available anywhere?
You can't teach an old dog.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2020 15:09
FPI to LUA now part of Autowelder v2.0 (free download), which you can find here:
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/221285#msg2622935
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro, Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
benjiboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2020 08:25
Okay, thanks BOTR
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2020 19:41
As interest seems to have dwindled for other tools, I will be focusing on this converter for a while, it needs a ton of work and probably some reworking in places. My aim is to take a stock level and get every fpi script converted and working properly and to get doors functioning in GG as they are a nightmare, this is more model related I fear. Well this is my goal anyway. So here goes.....
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro, Purebasic, others
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2020 13:30
So are you still releasing Autowelder v.3 ?
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2020 13:47
yes still releasing AW v2.3-recorded a successful first video this morning. 2 more to do. I was referring more to HM2GG. Probably wasting my time with that one.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2020 16:01
ah I see well i thought it would be good idea to make custom maps we could convert to .x or dbo ,
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2020 17:51
Quote: "As interest seems to have dwindled for other tools"
I am interested in all of them.
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.70 Ghz , 6 Gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64 Passmark score: 3091

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2020 18:06
@MK83: thanks for your continued support. Always very much appreciated. I will PM you as you are probably one of my oldest customers

version 2.3 of AW now uploaded and link can be found here: https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/221285#msg2622935

FPI2LUA next to work on.

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2020 18:24
I want all your tools also m8 I have spent hours using them, they are the some of the best apps I own.
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
The only thing that causes me "interest delay" is a complete understanding
of what these tools do. I believe I do know what HM2GG does (very interested!),
but the others, I assume requires the use of FPSC-- I could be wrong...
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2020 07:21 Edited at: 26th Feb 2020 07:25
@GubbyBlips: Thanks for your comments. Yes, you are correct, Autowelder and the other tools i.e. Weapon Welder, Entity Welder and FPI2LUA require FPSC classic. Someone a long time ago said to me it would be good to see if I could get a whole FPSC level into GameGuru. So, I took the challenge and started to write SegAutoWelder. This allowed the user to rebuild FPSC segments and port over just the Universe.DBO over to GG (fully textured). I later decided to get all Entities, Weapons (HUDs) over to GG and then had a go converting the FPI scripting language to LUA which is the hardest challenge. Years later, I managed to get any FPSC level ported over to GameGuru and the user just has to load in a .FPM file and all zones, markers, light, entities (statis and dynamic) now ger ported over in one go. This is all done in Autowelder. The only thing that Autowelder doesn't have at the moment which SegAutoWelder does is the punch/weld tool which "punches" CSG holes into meshes e.g. a hole in a wall. I am planning adding a better version into Autowelder 3.0 (not 2.3).

HM2GG , simply takes an image (heightmap) and generates a terrain and is available instantly to load directly into GameGuru (.fpm).

hope this helps clarifying what the tools do.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2020 19:36
Hi BOTR mu - Autowelder crash problem, tried to do some testing and spotted a big issue if you take a snap shot it completely
locks up the all functions and also trying to use task manager to close the app does not work.
to the point you have no option but to reboot the pc.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2020 20:48
Yes, I seem to recall I don't get this on my PC , but it freezes on my laptop. All odd. I will look into the snaphot code , see what might be causing the issue,
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2020 21:36
Ok m8 , thanks
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2020 21:38
all fixed on laptop hurrah!! will do a little more testing then release v2.4 tomorrow as my bubba boy now sleeping and can;t disturb.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2020 10:20 Edited at: 28th Feb 2020 11:41
ok, so coming back to FPI2LUA, I started playing with lifts again and works fine. I took the example FPSC lift example level and ported the whole level into GameGuru using Autowelder 2.4. Then converted the FPI to a LUA using the FPI2LUA tool also in Autowelder 2.4. Then attached the converted the lift1.fpi -> lift1.lua script to the lift segment and made sure the "If used" parameter is also set to the same name as the segment lift name i.e. Lift or in my case I renamed to Lift1. This then worked fine in GG I can go up and down the lift no problem. I removed the doors as old FPSC doors just do not work that well or at all in GG. Still figuring out a solution for that. It might be that I will need to add a "hinge" using lua. Will see how it goes.

Anyway, question is, does anyone want to see a short video on the lift again as a refresher?
If enough interest , I will make a demo vid.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2020 12:50
Yes I would like the video on the lift....
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2020 14:10
Quote: "does anyone want to see a short video on the lift again as a refresher?"
Yes please
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.70 Ghz , 6 Gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64 Passmark score: 3091

PM
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2020 03:40
Me too. The lift video.
Alienware Aurora R7 with SSD 256GB boot drive ( C: ) and a secondary drive ( D: ) that is 2TB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 with Intel Turbo-burst
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8192 MB GDDR5 and 8095 MB shared system memory
benjiboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2020 06:39
@GubbyBlips: Re FPSC. Go here:-
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/214817
Follow all the links. Download alll of FPSC for free. Lose yourself in making wonderful indoor levels. Find some of the games people have made with FPSC.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2020 10:01 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2020 10:02
so I will do a video as soon as possible for getting lift FPI scripts working in GameGuru. I think I will probably do a little game for my wee boy based on lifts and easy puzzles, he getting very good with the mouse and keyboard already ... scary ....

I have posted the converted lift script (modified) here if anyone wants to play around with it in the meantime. You just have to remember to set the "IF used" parameter within the GG editor to the name of the lift entity e.g. liftup, liftdown etc. For references to the .wav files, these should be added within the GG editor also under sound0, sound1 etc. I also updated the state variable name and added things here and there and commented out a bulk of code which is not even used.

Attachments

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2020 13:29
Thanks for the scripts m8 will be good to have the original working
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2020 13:12 Edited at: 8th Mar 2020 13:14
life got very busy, so not been able to get a video recording done. however, this morning I started making some small updates e.g. plrhealinzone.fpi and plrhurtinzone.fpi (although there already GG LUA equivalents in place. Replaced some translation function code which is more reliable and efficient. I will keep updating the core code where necessary and convert more FPSC core FPI commands over to LUA equivalents where possible.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2020 10:30
all tools are undergoing major UI update using IMGUI.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2020 21:57 Edited at: 11th Mar 2020 07:10
for anyone new to LUA or wants to know how to rotate a limb e.g. the head, here is a test FPM + script. Shooting a limb will return the limb number which you can then use in the script if you want to move/rotate a different limb. I used 53 as the limb number for the head for the zombie in the attached fpm. You can load the model into fragmotion and select each limb to find out the number also. Working on more complex lua code to open up more possibilities when converting fpi to lua commands.

Have fun...

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2020 13:40
updated the GameGuru source code to allow user to gain access to more entity info via LUA. will explain later if all works well.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2020 14:10
Ok m8 thanks for the update
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2020 09:30 Edited at: 12th Mar 2020 09:30
here is a script to help track your entities, although it could be vastly improved, I just knocked it up quickly.

just attach to your dynamic entities.

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2020 11:56 Edited at: 12th Mar 2020 11:56
so now I have updated the GG source code + Global.lua files and created test scripts, I can now convert/use the HEAD related FPI commands e.g. ROTATEHEAD etc. The GG user can now via LUA directly control the head limb using variable g_Entity[e]['headlimb'].

see link here:
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/221635#msg2627909
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2020 07:34 Edited at: 13th Mar 2020 07:36
so now I have updated the GG engine (well the MAPEDITOR.EXE), to return limb Id'/Names etc, I will be implementing code to convert the following FPI action commands and then test over the next couple of days in between life committments:

RESETHEAD
ROTATEHEAD
ROTATEHEADRANDOM
HEADSHOT
HEADSHOTDAMAGE
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2020 00:23
thanks for the update
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Radical!

Is this still just for original FPSC characters, /FPI-lua,
or will the limb scripts now work for GG characters?
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:23:44
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:23:44