Product Chat / Damage adjustment?

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 21st Aug 2017 11:15
Not quite sure where to post this, scripts, feature request or model section mods please move to a more relevant section if this is wrong.

I have had an issue with one of the scripts smallg kindly made for us, it has led me to believe we need a damage scale of some sort for all the various weapons for added realism here is a copy of the post I made in small's scripts:

I have been thinking,
I think I am doing this the wrong way around, I think we need a damage modifier for weapons, all weapons in GG seem to be lethal I think we need a damage scale of some kind on top of the damage wield, ie

the colt1911 as a damage factor of 35 so scale could be 3 - 4
the shotgun damage factor = 20 again scale could be 3 -4
stones have a factor of 20 scale could be 1 - 3 depending on the size of stone could be 4 but that's is quite rare lol

my tranquilizer gun, baseball bats, metal bar etc could be 2 -3

I think we need a scale of 4 ie.

1 = slight affect (slow down enemy - adjust speed of animation slightly by 50% or so)
2 = medium affect (knock enemy to floor - ragdoll animation but enemy gets back on his feet)
3 = high effect (knock enemy to floor in unconscious state - ragdoll with a custom timer before he gets back on his feet)
4 = Lethal effect (current state no changes)

I think there is a lot of people that would like a non-lethal game or a mixture of both, take the bow and arrow as another example if an arrow hits you in your head you are dead but in real life if you are hit in the leg or arm it will slow you down but is not immediately lethal.

how difficult would this be to do in LUA or is this a Lee thing?

would anyone else be interested in this kind of thing?

its still not quite right sorry, the problem is when the body is removed weapons are lost, sometimes they respwan and die straight away

Welcome to the real world!
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not 100% sure what you are getting at. I imagine you would have to script that sort of thing in Lua. The current system can check for head hits okay, but I am unsure if the arms and legs are treated as limbs the same way. If they are then you could add similar commands to the head one to affect the enemies differently. If you can hide them (which I don't think you can) you could even have them blown off when you shoot them like a really old Eidos game I vaguely remember.

You could use the damage level to alter their speed as well, which would be easier than checking limbs. It should be easy to alter the movement speed, however, animation speed seems bugged at the moment. I've been working on a little demo and while working on a really simple AI setup attempted to vary the anim speed for the npc's. Whatever method I tried resulted in the npc's juddering through animation frames incorrectly. So it's either a bug or I am implementing it incorrectly; things may have changed since the last major lua update.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
Mortt
Years of Service
User Offline
Any gun can be set at any level of power. It is set from the left menu list when you place or select an item on the edit screen. Make a scale with digits or bars for placing on a HUD.
(Custom) Intel i7 3.3 Mhz. 16 GB fast ram. EVGA Nvidia 560 Ti 4GB. Dell US27 2560 x 1440. AOC 24 1920 x 1080. Awesome.
Next G. Card EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 Gaming 4GB GDDR5 PCIe3.0 Graphics Card.
Would Like EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X PCIe3.0 Graphics Card
PM
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 26th Aug 2017 10:48
i think you have miss understood me

I know how to alter damage by weapons, but in the end they are all LETHAL, I have made a tranquiliser gun and if shot by it at the moment it kills !

I want to be able to 'scale' the effect of the weapon to give an accuracy if you like, for instance I want the damage of my tranq gun to give a bit of a kick (so that you can see the dart hit the enemy) but to ragdoll the enemy so he goes down for a set number of seconds 30 60 etc.. I don't want my gun to kill, now I could modify smallg's respawn script but then it would have to be attached to all enemies on the map it would be easier if I attached it to my weapon of choice, so if I chose a baseball bat I could knock a enemy down but not kill him.

do you understand what I mean now ?

Welcome to the real world!
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2017 12:14
so is it a certain amount of times the enemy gets hits before actually being killed? You could set the health of the entity to a really high value and keep track of how many times the entity is 'hit' and each time set animation frames to play the 'fall down' and then 'get up' animations, set a timer etc and then if the the entity is hit say 5 times, reduce the health to 0 and play ragdoll death animations in the _exit section of the LUA script.

Is that what you mean?
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2017 17:36 Edited at: 26th Aug 2017 17:36
Quote: "You could set the health of the entity to a really high value and keep track of how many times the entity is 'hit' and each time set animation frames to play the 'fall down' and then 'get up' animations, set a timer etc and then if the the entity is hit say 5 times, reduce the health to 0 and play ragdoll death animations in the _exit section of the LUA script."

This was something I too was personally considering doing. Kind of like setting "fake" health of like 100 for display purposes and such but have the enemy health be insanely huge so it doesn't die/destroy. This way you can customize the deaths better and even make lootable bodies.

Game Guru is all about work-arounds..
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:35:03
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:35:03