Product Chat / Enable Disable Player Run

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2017 02:01 Edited at: 16th Aug 2017 02:56
Hi everyone, I have been working on a game finally with Game Guru for the past couple of weeks. But unfortunately this has consequently allowed me to see what limitations there are of which there still are many unfortunately. I don't think my project is that all ambitious either.

I'm hoping my next question is not also a no. But why is it that I'm unable to modify the players run speed via LUA? Or even disable and enable? My game requires this.

Noticed a lot more commands related to player running controls but it seems i cant actually write to them? Only read? It has been helpful to read from "if GetGamePlayerControlIsRunning()" but it seems i cannot write to the similar "SetGamePlayerControlCanRun()". I just receive an error when I attempt to.

same-wise with trying to lock jumping via lua.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2017 10:08
I have found the same with a lot of the more player controller lua commands, there is not a lot of explanation on use, I think we need some tutorials on how the syntax works on these commands. Spend a lot of time with errors, unexpected results etc.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2017 10:38
I can help if you have an excerpt of the lua code your trying to implement. What example of errors are you getting?
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2017 13:42 Edited at: 16th Aug 2017 17:05
There is a easy quick way to do this if you do not want the player to run at all ...
Change the " Shift " key to the "Esc" key ... If that's pressed the game just exits as normal ..
Tried and tested works great Effectively run is disabled .. In the setup.ini change ..
keyRUN = 42 to
keyRUN = 1
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol, an effective and neat trick there synchromesh

I expect most of the commands work as you think they do but they are being overwritten by the gameplayer loop (or whatever the script is actually called).
Its likely you will need to edit that rather than try make your own.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2017 21:07 Edited at: 17th Aug 2017 05:55
Here's the commands I'm having problems with:

SetGamePlayerControlJumpMode()
SetGamePlayerControlCanRun()
SetGamePlayerControlIsRunning()
SetGamePlayerControlMaxspeed()
SetGamePlayerControlTopspeed()
SetGamePlayerControlMovement()
SetGamePlayerControlSpeed()
SetGamePlayerControlAccel()
SetGamePlayerControlBasespeed()

Trying to trigger the player to no longer be able to run at certain parts within the game based on various variables. Also to trigger it back in game. All via LUA.

I was hoping setting SetGamePlayerControlCanRun() = 0 would be effective.

EDIT: Got everything working! There are some strange behaviors happening but things are working with the above commands. very exciting to have all these new options opened up for us to play around with.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 10:14:45
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 10:14:45