Third Party Tools / Can someone handy with Fragmotion offer me assistance?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2017 07:32
So I'm trying to get some animations working on some converted FPSC characters, but once I import the animations to the skeleton, the model itself is on it's back floating in the air. All the animations play out fine, with the exception of him not being in a standing position and just floating there (as pictured).
How would I go about setting the skeleton to be in the original standing position?
I've tried zeroing the joints before i merge the animation, but that doesn't help. I've tried messing around wit the transform option, but that doesn't seem to be the right avenue.
Anyone have any ideas?
I'm not a box of avocados, Logan

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2017 08:13
what FPSC character is that? Juggernaut? Anyway, prior to zeroing joint etc, how did the model look when you first opened it in FM? Did it look ok before zerooing joints or how it is now? If the model loaded ok the right way up then it might be you went wrong somewhere zeroing joints etc.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Zero_HP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2017 08:48
It's the Arteria Sci-Fi Assault Troop.
Looked fine before merging the animations, but once I attach it to the skeleton he floats on his back. I'm trying to merge the Sci-Fi AI animations, and as far as I can tell the skeletons are the same, so should be a simple merge. Although I'm no expert.
I tried merging with different character animations, but most of the time when trying to add GG animations to a FPSC skeleton I end up with a crumpled mess. Like I said though, this works with the exception of the character being on his back and in the air
I'm not a box of avocados, Logan
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2017 09:11
Ah yes, ok I see yes the merging can work fine but sometimes not. I think I did videos on this merging in FM. I'll post the link when I get some free time.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 21:38:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 21:38:20