Product Chat / Translation Required - Cruel But Funny Ending

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2017 13:32
Can someone translate the end of this video into English for me? The ending of the video had me in stitches, but I expect it will be funnier if I knew the lead-up to it. Here is the YouTube Video at the correct time code: https://youtu.be/YofdHsaRGq4?t=2466
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2017 17:50
I do not speak much Italian, but it is quite similar to Spanish, so I dare to translate.

[video]
Basically he complains about:
All games based on: closed door find the key.
The lack of argument in games.
Extremely short games.
90 degree hills that the player can climb.
Open doors, kill enemies and find no ammunition or health kits.
Very short levels that are constantly loaded.

Too much darkness, especially in the first game.
Objects that float in the air for no reason.

As for the final part of the video, he says it's the worst of everything, and he expects that there will not be another one as bad.
[/video]

For my part I think he makes the same mistake as all the wises who criticize games on youtube.
I can not speak against the carrots, only because in that restaurant that I was last night they prepare very badly.
Or against a car brand because the driver does not drive it like I would like. IHMO.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2017 17:56
His feedback seems quite fair coming from a game playing perspective. Nothing really bad about the engine itself. Just the level and game design.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
i dont know but he is clearly obsessed with TGC products,
looking at his uploads, perhaps his only way to get or provoke feedback
on his channel, perhaps he could learn to play games before he critics
others. a self proclaimed idiot, so much on a hype. no wander he is going bald,
poor man.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2017 09:26
I really can't stand these idiots.. The only joke is them. They really need to get a life. Actually try playing games and maybe even write one, but I think it's beyond their mentality.

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2017 16:39
LOUD YOUTUBE PEOPLE

No my dear, you will not be able to make a living like this, you are not pewdiepie... you will need to work.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2017 18:02 Edited at: 4th Aug 2017 18:03
I watch very few of these,most like this guy just like to see themselves on screen I think.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
lotgd
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2017 18:27
He says: All games that are created with gameguru are bad.

This youtuber argues about everything, do not worry, it's normal to hear ugly things from him.

Pc Specs : Win10pro64bit /Msi Night Elf / i7 7700k / gtx1070 / 16gb ram ddr4 / SSD 850Evo
Laptop : i5 4200u- 8gb ddr3 - Nvidia Gt 920 2gb - 1tb hdd
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2017 20:37
Most of these husks are confined to steam as they don't frequent other indie boards. As a result most YT reviews I got so far where pretty objective. I hope that this will stay true in the future.

-Wolf

lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
I didn't understand a word but I thought the game looked quite interesting. I think sometimes people underestimate how much work goes into a game, even one made in an easy engine like GameGuru. The game had its flaws but it didn't look like it was thrown together in an hour. I think this bloke should be forced to make a few games and have them reviewed by the Steam community.
Julian - increasingly disillusioned and jaded
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll be honest here. The game looked awful. I don't know what he is saying either, but I can see him opening up the "Options" and seeing nothing in comparison to virtually any other game of any note. Even if the game were decent (possible to see would be a start) it would still suffer from Game Guru's severe lack of options. How many games do you see with just 3 options in the graphics setup? Not many. People expect to set all sorts in here, having 3 basic quality options is almost as basic as it can get. Just watch a couple of Total Biscuit reviews; although I find his menu obsession a little OTT, I would certainly expect more than GG has here.

This is just one reason why GG is just not ready for making commercial games. There are so many small issues that will annoy the hell out of many users. Many PC gamer's want to know what they are changing; having low, medium and high is just too generic and could mean anything. For instance I've seen vids (including this one) where users are confused as to why the graphics settings suddenly disables the shadows and makes lighting drastically change. This is because the settings are nonsense and disable shaders at the low settings by default. This should be a separate option. Changing quality settings should not completely alter the look of your game! I'm having deja vu here as I type this I remember saying similar stuff years ago. Of course I know you can configure these yourself to a degree, but in general the options screens are incredibly basic; I would have hoped after all these years, for something of an improvement.

I hate to be negative about GG, but sometimes it needs to be said. This guy sounds annoying and even if he was English speaking I wouldn't bother watching for long, but as far as the game he is reviewing goes, yeah it looks really bad, all default media and super dark. I can't understand his words, but his meaning is clear.

As far as time and effort are concerned. No gamer or reviewer cares; It's sad to say, but they don't. They judge a product based on the other products they use. If it isn't as good, well it isn't as good and that is the only thing they need to know. Most people couldn't design and build a car, but those same people can recognise if it's good or not when they drive it for awhile. In honesty we're all probably guilty of this with other things, we just have a keen interest when it comes to games. Put it this way, most of us would not be able to create GameGuru, but we all know what we think it should be able to do, based on other engines out there. This is no different to gamer's complaining that the game they are playing is not as good as the last game they played. Let's face it most of us are guilty of this, myself included ;p
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2017 19:10 Edited at: 11th Aug 2017 19:23
I don't get why people are still surprised by the reactions like these. Game Guru is seen as a get rich quick scheme to some rookie indie game developers. They pump out games fast with Game Guru and put a cost associated with it for the sole reason of making money. This benefits Reaction Youtubers and the game developers. It only hurts TGC and future games made with GG.

Most of the games reviewed by Youtubers in a negative manner are quite often justified. It's all the same things I would complain about if i paid money for a game that had the same mentioned flaws. Years ago it was Youtubers that helped me navigate past games that were pretty much fraudulent. That had false advertisement and were not worth the money. Stop selling games made in a few weeks or months with GG and we won't have a negative cloud above it. Its really that simple. It really doesn't matter how much work you put in to it. If the game itself isn't up to a certain standard you will receive negative criticize because you are selling a product.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with these review videos. I mean dont we all complain about the same things here? AI acting up, stretched textures, limitations, poor game play mechanics? If we ignore these game play and visual issues what is even the point of improving GG? Just go make a good game that looks unique from any other game on GG that has a sense of purpose for its game play design choices and you should be fine. The worst thing someone could do with any game engine is use it to jump in and pump something out quick for money. Its very noticeable with the outcome. Sorry for my honesty.

both Unity and GG suffering from the same thing. Retrieve notes or keys to complete a game with no rewards throughout. I recommend throwing in a lot more creativity on the game play elements. To anyone intending to actually bring anything to market.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 10:22:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 10:22:28