Third Party Tools / [LOCKED] Autowelder 1.0

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 07:04 Edited at: 8th Aug 2017 07:59
I wanted to start a new thread for Autowelder as it was getting confusing adding posts about both SegAutoWelder and AutoWelder.

Autowelder is the upgraded version of SegAutoWelder (see pic below). This is still WIP but introduces a new GUI and the main FPSC level import/export works fine and is very fast. No separate viewer window in this version.
There are also various options to chop the level up into smaller chunks for better shadows/performance as well as allowing the user to export the original dynamic entities that are part of each FPSC level. This side needs more work and I hope to add an FPI-LUA converter.
Tools such as Entity/Weapon welder will also be integrated.
There is also the punch/weld tool, which can be used to punch or weld 2 meshes or to join meshed together to make a new entity. So if you want a hole in the wall or floor etc this is what you would use.

Now the directX exporter program is pretty much there, I will be incorporating this into AutoWelder so that you can export out .X (both static and dynamic) and be able to view/edit the X file in readable form. Many of the original X files, especially characters are in binary form, which has made it impossible to manually edit the "texturefilename=" references in the X file. I wanted to also avoid using 3rd party programs to convert everything first, which is the reason I spent many months getting the code perfected as close as possible.

Other features to add:
Favourites library(s)
Access the .FX variables to control the effects for an entity/character (looking into this currently to see if it can be done using LUA or other means).[update->confirmed by Lee this cannot be done at this time. No worries for now, maybe later date]
Segment options
Enhance the graphical buttons that represent the segment parts. Some are a little small.
Enhance the "chopping" up of level pieces for easier placement into GameGuru.
Enhance the portal side for animated doors. This doesn't work too well or at all in GameGuru when dynamic door entities are positioned in GG.
Add in OBJ/FBX format support.
Remove duplicate verices where applicable
Add Autogen button to auto generate each possible segment type i.e. corners, straights, crossroads, T-junction etc

Any I think of that I have missed or need to add will be added to the list above.
If you wish to see any features added, please PM me or post here.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 16:07
Love it!
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 16:14
Excellent. Thank you.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2017 07:02 Edited at: 25th Jul 2017 07:04
starting work on the Autowelder tool again....yippee. So much to do, first I have to catch up and figure out where I am at and what 'Ive done so far as it's been ages. As I've learnt so much in the last year or so I want to rework some of the segment side and improve the level code again (continue work with dynamic entity exporting + improving on the placement of chopped up levels if possible) plus start to get my exporter code into the tool. I was going to add the xport code to Entity/Weapon welder but as these tools are being integrated into Autowelder, I'm not sure I really want to as I'd be tripling my workload (ummmmm). So will start integrating EW/WW tools first and get those working and then add the xport code (which is pretty big).
At a later date, I will add an FPI ->LUA converter + favourites libraries. I may have to redo some of the GUI, will see how things pan out. Other formats will be added as and when and hopefully I will find a way to access FX variables that can be altered in realtime via LUA scripting. Plus anything else that's on the list above.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 25th Jul 2017 10:54
Good Luck hope it goes smoothly for you
Welcome to the real world!
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-2600K @3.40GHz - 32.0GB RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 4x500GB SSD Striped
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2017 17:48
waiting patiently, lol Good luck as always.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2017 07:09
thanks both, very much appreciated.

Noticed that since the EBE and other updates that the chopping up of levels and trying to get them to click together in grid mode doesn't work anymore as the pieces drop down to the floor so never piece together. Not sure what I can do about that. Another GG special feature.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2017 18:59
ok so over the next couple of days or so, I will be adding code to remove the duplicate vertexes/faces from the segments that cause the "overlapping" effect when in FPSC/GameGuru and it totally looks horrid, so that's my first task. Went back to my FPI2LUA code to see what can be done there and have the original FPSC FPI commands and GameGuru LUA commands in a kinda dictionary lookup table at the moment. Trying to think of a decent way to implement this without it all being convoluted. Forgot I had implemented segment code to allow user to right mouse click and choose menu options, so need to look into all that again see what's good and what's not. Other tasks is to implement the exporter code (in the state it's in currently) and then get entity/weapon welder added and add in a ton of options.
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 27th Jul 2017 19:48
LOL don't forget to eat....drink.... and sleep
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-2600K @3.40GHz - 32.0GB RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 4x500GB SSD Striped
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2017 19:50
ah yes and that old thing called sleep, eat and drink and work and then rinse and repeat
RJ is out Leave a message
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2017 03:26
How much and how soon?
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2017 07:32
Autowelder will be free to anyone who has already bought SegAutoWelder (which comes with Entity(+FPEtoBat)/Weapon Welder + freebies + videos). Once Autowelder is finished and out, it will replace SegAutoWelder. The price will be about the same £15. At the moment, I have no official deadline release as this is being implemented between doing my "real" job and other commitments. Luckily I work from home and run my own company, so have the luxury of working on the project pretty much everyday or here and there. Weapon welder is free on this site but the next major version 2.0 will most likely not be free as it will hopefully have a weapon creator/animation system (or at least that's my intention) + it will bring in custom HUDS and not just FPSC. That will be exciting and complicated.

seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2017 13:37
It all sounds great. these programs are coming along nicely. Thanks BOTR.
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.Intel core i5-2300cpu @2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
RAM 16 gb G-Skill G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2017 11:14
Quote: "Access the .FX variables to control the effects for an entity/character (looking into this currently to see if it can be done using LUA or other means)."

Unfortunately, this has been confirmed it can't be done in GameGuru at present by Lee, but might be something that can be tweaked on the LUA side at some point.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2017 13:45
Not very exciting news, but now got BOTRXPORTer code into the Autowelder 1.0 code and produced .X formatted segment. Still some adjusting to do and fine tuning but will keep you posted what's happening. Got to add skin weight formula to correct some skin weighting issues with some FPSC characters (some are fine and some are odd), but that will be for the Entity Welder program as it doesn't apply to segments. Need to also improve on my frame/bone hierarchy code to resolve some skin weight related issues. Hoping to have the skin weights issues sorted so I don't have to end up using Mender or Fragmotion to correct the weighting. Interesting but complex.

GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 7th Aug 2017 13:48
the exciting bit is that it is coming together for you very nicely cannot wait for this version good work Mike
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 16.0GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2017 06:36 Edited at: 8th Aug 2017 07:58
thanks GraPhix. yes, it's coming together a bit more each time I work a little more on it. The animated segments now work with the BOTRXPORT code and I think I will rid of the DBO format and just retain saving out as .X as GameGuru generates the DBO files from .X anyway. The good side is that now binary X files are converted to ASCII format and are now editable for modifying texture file names.

One things I still keep meaning to do and that's having an autogen button that will automatically generate each possible segment combination i.e. corners, straights , crossroads, T-Junc etc. That should be fairly simple to do as I have already stored the types in the code , just have to write some additional code to handle it all. Will add to list and make a start on it.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2017 19:37
Levels, static and dynamic segments now work fine under new xport code. Next is to get the new code working with the other tools e.g. Entity/Weapon Welder
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2017 17:46
awesome!!

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2017 18:20
@MK83-thanks a lot, much appreciated.

Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2017 02:13
I'm cheering in your corner!
When in doubt -- C4 :heh, heh, heh:

-Jamie Hyneman
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2017 07:08
thanks Flatlander
ozziedave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2017 08:34 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2017 08:35
Hi BOTR,

This Multi-Purpose Tool will be Terrific when completed, haven't been using Game Guru for awhile, waiting for the Renovations to be completed. I was also very disappointed with the upper floor solution, it is far from satisfactory, when you have a large level, that has lifts and various floor heights.

Happy Coding

Ozzie
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2017 09:11
Hi Ozziedave, good to hear from you, it's been a while.

Quote: "I was also very disappointed with the upper floor solution, it is far from satisfactory, when you have a large level, that has lifts and various floor heights."

Please can you expand/clarify on that, is there something in the Autowelder you would like to see implemented?

ozziedave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2017 06:20
Sorry BOTR I was referring to Game Guru's solution to upper floors in buildingsfor the NPC's to run on,, especially when you have a cluster of them at different levels made with AutoWelder.

Difficult to get them straight in multi level heights.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2017 08:45
oh I see, maybe this will be something Lee will fix for the next release. Just going to catch up on the latest beta news.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2017 10:59
sorry for no recent news on this app. Life and stuff has got in the way as well as developing new programs and making updates to existing apps.
I haven't forgotten about this program, not sure if there are many people still interested in this. If I continue development, will most likely be reworking the segment rebuild side of things plus implementing the current versions of EW/WW and adding in the FPI2LUA app. Will see.

seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2017 13:32
I'm getting a little confused on the different apps now. Is this the one that exports entire classic levels? If it is then i am defiantly still interested in it. would love to use classic as a level editor in different engines.
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.Intel core i5-2300cpu @2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
RAM 16 gb G-Skill G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2017 13:57 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2017 13:57
@Seppgirty: Both SegAutoWelder and AutoWelder export FPSC levels/prefabs. Autowelder is an enhanced version of Segautowelder which will be all the tools under 1 roof i.e. rebuild/customise segments, levels, entities, weapons and will also add in the FPI2LUA converter (a basic segment editor is also available but not at all complete). It was preferred that the preview window be within one window rather than separate and having to press Q or middle mouse button to go back to the main GUI. Autowelder now has toolbar buttons and the level exporter is extremely fast. I would like to have a demo version and/or 30 day trial version.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2017 08:43
work now continues with this program at last. need to go over my notes to see what needs to be implemented/fixed/enhanced etc. a lot of optimization can be done as I go along. Want to get favourites library environment setup also, trying to decide the best way to do that, so quite a bit to think about.
Will keep you posted.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2017 09:58
just a reminder to anyone who purchased SegAutoWelder can try out the enhanced version which is Autowelder in it's current state by PM/emailing me. I've had several requests already for this so have uploaded an alpha version to my google drive. I might also add a demo version for non-purchasers at later date.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2017 06:09
this program will no longer be devleloped in the long term. Please lock this thread.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 08:03:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 08:03:05