Product Chat / [LOCKED] Finally bought the gameguru now what should I have to do??

Author
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Jul 2017 08:34 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2017 08:35
I have recently brought gameguru and now what should I do next??
I am a part time youtuber and what a gamer.
Here's my youtube channel Createch- http://bit.ly/cstech12
Game Development is my hobby. And I hope in future I am going to release an awesome game.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2017 10:14
If you mean, what do you do next with GameGuru, then If I were you I would have a look at the video guides that come with the software on how to get started. Also, search the forums on how to do something, if you are not sure. There are loads of users that frequent the forums that have a lot of experience and various skills.

I would also advise to expand on your questions, rather than just "what do I do next", it's not very helpful.
Just some friendly advice

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2017 10:36
Cool great stuff, now it is time to play!

But for a heads up I would suggest reading Optimization for End Users

You are now embarking on an awesome journey of learning curves!

So above all, don't set your sites too high, and remember to have fun!

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2017 10:46
Quote: "remember to have fun!"

The most important thing,you have to hit the install button first of course,welcome to the club .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
TechCo
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Jul 2017 12:52
I did learned everything without scripting in gameguru. I had a pirated version using which I learned all basics of gameguru and advance game making processes. And I do watched all and every video of gameguru channel
I am a part time youtuber and what a gamer.
Here's my youtube channel Createch- http://bit.ly/cstech12
Game Development is my hobby. And I hope in future I am going to release an awesome game.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2017 13:56
Probably going to get a slap or temp ban for this.

Even talking about piracy is against the AUP policies for this forum.

3.14 We will treat breaches of any of the above rules seriously. We will cooperate with all law enforcement agencies should they contact us regarding breach of any law. When dealing with a law enforcement agency we will hand over any information we have about you if requested. There are no exceptions. Your privacy rights do not apply in this instance. We fully support all forms of anti-criminal activity and crime-fighting organisations, including anti-piracy bodies. Should you use pirated software do not talk about or mention this on our forum in any manner at all, or even imply it, because we will fully support any organisation that challenges a copyright infringement, including passing to them any information we have.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2017 14:02 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2017 14:09
Quote: "what should I do next??"

Well, since you have admitted to piracy, the FIRST thing you need to do is link your Steam account and verify your purchased software. You can do this from your account menu on this site.

You are receiving a 15 day ban for piracy. I strongly recommend that you take that time to verify your software and get yourself in order. You also will have ample time to familiarize yourself with the Acceptable Usage Policies of these forums.

This includes but is not limited to:
Quote: "3.14 We will treat breaches of any of the above rules seriously. We will cooperate with all law enforcement agencies should they contact us regarding breach of any law. When dealing with a law enforcement agency we will hand over any information we have about you if requested. There are no exceptions. Your privacy rights do not apply in this instance. We fully support all forms of anti-criminal activity and crime-fighting organisations, including anti-piracy bodies. Should you use pirated software do not talk about or mention this on our forum in any manner at all, or even imply it, because we will fully support any organisation that challenges a copyright infringement, including passing to them any information we have."

You need to refrain from any future piracy related activity if you wish to remain as a part of this community. You have already been warned for piracy of assets, have multiple warning flags on your account and now, a temporary ban.

You are currently on the fast track to getting permanently banned.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K (passmark 8555), 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC (passmark 8637), Win10 Pro 64-bit, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1280x1024
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 11:46
Yeah, TechCo, that is not good man. Game Guru is already a give away.

Do you have any idea how much work goes into making media? And just how cheap it is in the game Creator store? - mate just do the right thing!

Not to mention the wealth of information and help you get from industry veterans on these forums - that is priceless, and free to boot.

Not cool man, not cool!

Reliquia...
aka OldFlak
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 13:08
I personally think that as part of the Forum sign up you have to be a verified purchaser of GG as people have said GameGuru is fantastic value for money lets face it these days its just pocket change, its an insult to allow people who steal from TGC to even be a part of this great community
Welcome to the real world!
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-2600K @3.40GHz - 32.0GB RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 4x500GB SSD Striped
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 13:59
"Two Things Are Infinite: the Universe and Human Stupidity"

Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 14:52
Quote: ""Two Things Are Infinite: the Universe and Human Stupidity""

The full quote would be "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe!" Commonly attributed to Albert Einstein, but apparently he never said it except while talking about a book that he had read in which the quote was originally published (Frederick S. Perls “Ego, Hunger, and Aggression: a Revision of Freud’s Theory and Method").

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
JonRobbo
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 15:36
Quote: "I personally think that as part of the Forum sign up you have to be a verified purchaser of GG "

What if you were given a steam key from a pledger?
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 15:48 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2017 16:00
Quote: "What if you were given a steam key from a pledger?"

Its no different. You just link your steam account to this forum to verify your steam account ... In fact you can only link your steam account if you legitimately own GameGuru ... At the moment its user choice. I have been pushing for it to be mandatory for some time now .. I will get there though.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 18:30
Quote: "I personally think that as part of the Forum sign up you have to be a verified purchaser of GG"

I disagree. We often see threads from prospective buyers asking about the ins and outs of the engine and I think that's healthy, it's important there is a place for real users to chat to potential buyers in this way, even though Game Guru is cheap for many of us. Remember, Game Guru is - for many - their first taste of game design and taking the plunge on the best engine for them takes research, time, and a certain amount of faith. I myself lurked for several weeks before purchasing and while I didn't post any threads in that time, it was nice to know that if any of my questions hadn't already been answered, I could have posted if I'd wanted to.

AE
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 18:50 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2017 19:04
Quote: "I disagree. We often see threads from prospective buyers asking about the ins and outs of the engine "

Users could still read here or ask questions on the steam forum but cannot register, post or have the benefits of downloading all the free models etc from here unless they are verified .. Lets not forget its pirates we are trying to stop .. Those who are robbing us !!
How many user models have been found on other sites freely downloaded from here ... Verifying would help prevent that also.

I already own steam software that required me to give my steam transaction number to enable me sign up on their main forums
Its nothing new and getting more frequent .. It ensures the forums stay Pirate free as far as the software like GameGuru is concerned.
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 19:27
So basically you want a draconian approach to the forum, as if that is going to stop people acquiring the software illegally.People are going to get the software whether or not you stop access to the forum or not.Can you name a single forum that requires that you supply your order number in order to sign up to use the forum ?

You basically stopping any and every one from signing up to the forum potential clients just because they don't have the software, I can see why the idea hasn't taken off.
Win7 64bit----iCore5 4590 @ 3.7GHZ----AMD RX460 2gb----16gig ram
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 19:48
We could have a public section to the forum for question about pre purchase etc.

I think that the cost of the software is very reachable for anyone there is no excuse for piracy I for one do not like the idea of 'pirates' taking any of my work that I post here.

It is not draconian it's a statement to say piracy will not be tolerated

There are a lot of talented people on this forum that create media and scripts that are free for use for anyone whom has gameguru Their work should not be used in pirated software

Like I said this is my personal opinion but I have strong feelings on anyone who steals other people's work
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-2600K @3.40GHz - 32.0GB RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 4x500GB SSD Striped
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 19:51
I'll quite happily give up the eye-patch, hook and Parrot but I'm keeping the pieces of eight, Aaaarrrr.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 19:52 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2017 22:17
Quote: "So basically you want a draconian approach to the forum, as if that is going to stop people acquiring the software illegally.People are going to get the software whether or not you stop access to the forum or not.Can you name a single forum that requires that you supply your order number in order to sign up to use the forum ?"

It wont stop piracy but would keep the boards clean ... Are you saying we were unfair on Techno ?
Prevention is better than helping them out

Quote: "Can you name a single forum that requires that you supply your order number in order to sign up to use the forum ?"

Here ya go ... Not even steam but you have to supply proof of purchase to sign up .. Its kind of just starting to take off TBH
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/index.php

" Please enter your order number or PayPal transaction id. This will help us verify whether you are a legitimate user and allows us to blocks spammers and other invalid users. Note that accounts with an fake order number will be banned. "
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Didn't there used to be a 'confirmed purchaser' type header? If it were re-instated you wouldn't be getting questions on 'how to do this' or posting WIP threads and legitimate questions on 'before I buy' would be entirely acceptable.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 20:09 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2017 20:18
Quote: "Didn't there used to be a 'confirmed purchaser' type header?"

Most of us show up as verified users ...
Others do not ... Perhaps they are all legitimate .... probably not ....
We do ban many we find out are pirates that are non verified ... But its often because they make a mistake ..
At the end of the day if the board is happy with the way it is then fine .... Why bother having the ban policy at all ?
Usually though if a model is stolen or used without permission its uproar ... I see no difference trying to prevent it here and give our forums a little more protection.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
'Verified owner' doesn't show up for me with any users so must be a mod thing only now, if it did and a question on 'how to' were to show up for a user who didn't have this then no one would respond to it, wouldn't even require a ban I take it that is instantiated when a user verifies their account through Steam ?
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 20:27 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2017 20:28
Quote: "I take it that is instantiated when a user verifies their account through Steam ?"

Exactly ... Which brings us full circle .... If everyone was required to verify their account we could tell the pirates from the legitimate ..
If your a steam registered with a genuine copy its no big deal .... If your a pirate your screwed
PM
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 20:28
I am with synchromesh on this, something needs doing sooner rather than later, there has been a sudden surge of new users recently I am hoping it is not because there is a torrent floating around some where

Like I said we could have a 'Public' section on the forum for prospective buyers.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 20:35 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2017 20:46
I am not against anyone either way on this one, but got no idea why it was hidden from users as we used to be able to see that. I can guess there may be fear of unwarranted attacks on users who haven't been confirmed but I kind of agree that users should be verified before they can post 'how to' questions rather than 'why buy'. Maybe a permanent post approval till confirmed would solve all issues.

Putting the onus on those who have problems verifying their Steam account to get it fixed or who simply can't be bothered with it.

Just an aside but what are the numbers below 'verified user' ? Probably my 'bad boy' black marks huh?
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Just an aside but what are the numbers below 'verified user' ? Probably my 'bad boy' black marks huh?"

That's just a quick reference guide ( which I thought everyone could see ) Sigh !!
However needless to say your means Excellent .... In fact probably the best on the forum.
PM
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 21:05
oooo do we all have those is something just for the mods?
I only noticed the second time I read the post LOL
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 21:16 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2017 21:19
Quote: "oooo do we all have those is something just for the mods?
I only noticed the second time I read the post LOL "

Notes of Admiration ... and praise from the mods
Many before my time .. It all adds up to Valued Member badges etc
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Darn! was hoping for my 'bad boy' badge of dishonour,which I would wear proudly.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Darn! was hoping for my 'bad boy' badge of dishonour,which I would wear proudly."

LMAO ..
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok due to the particular reason for this thread and not an actual topic I'm going to lock this one up for now.
Lots of great points made and worth discussing in its own thread at some point
PM
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 23:23
Just wanted to add a note here...

Not every owner is registered as verified here, even if they have a linked steam account or are backers. In fact, several posting in this thread do not have the verified tag. This is probably a good portion of the reason why it is not required at this point. If you would like to know your verified status, please feel free to PM me and I will let you know.

TechCo was not permabanned because he has presumably done the right thing and legally acquired the software. We were all young and dumb at some point and I hope that after his temp ban, he will return to us 100% rehabilitated. If he does return and we find that is not the case, further action will be taken.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K (passmark 8555), 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC (passmark 8637), Win10 Pro 64-bit, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1280x1024
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2017 22:51
I have received word from our web guy Jason that: "I have fixed the bug next time the user connects their status will be updated to show correct ownership if they have linked their steam account." This should solve most if not all of the issue surrounding the verified label. Just remember to link your Steam account to your TGC account and you should be fine
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 00:06:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 00:06:37