Off Topic / Need some idea of WW3 Game. Don't know how should be the story?

Author
User Banned
Posted: 28th Jun 2017 05:47
I am trying to think about a ww3 game but seriously didn't played any game related to ww3 in my whole life. So I have no idea how it should be.Mainly I want to know how the atmosphere of the game will be and how the environment can be made perfectly which suits the ww3. So if you think you can help me than please comment I do love to know.
I am a part time youtuber and what a gamer.
Here's my youtube channel Createch- http://bit.ly/cstech12
Game Development is my hobby. And I hope in future I am going to release an awesome game.
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2017 07:57
Pretty much the same atmosphere as WWII but with more selfies?
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 28th Jun 2017 08:30
A realistic world war 3 game would be just a big red button in the middle of the screen, you click it and you win.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Ratall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2017 08:57
Belidos wrote: "A realistic world war 3 game would be just a big red button in the middle of the screen, you click it and you win."

Wouldn't be more accurate to say

A realistic world war 3 game would be just a big red button in the middle of the screen, you click it and everybody losses. Of cause you would have to pay $300 in bit coins to get past the ransom-ware first.

“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.”
Albert Einstein
PM
TechCo
User Banned
Posted: 28th Jun 2017 10:16
I got an idea if you want to play the game you have to pay 1999$ and after spending it your computer will blow up and there will be written ww3
Game Development is my hobby. And I hope in future I am going to release an awesome game.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Your first question should be is when will it be WW3 ? Tomorrow or 100 years from now ?
If its set in todays time period it wont be much different from the wars around now ... However if its set in the future then it will look whatever you decide it to. Like I said .. Could start tomorrow.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 28th Jun 2017 14:17
Try playing Fallout 4 for a couple of hours I am sure that will give you inspiration and ideas
Welcome to the real world!
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-2600K @3.40GHz - 32.0GB RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 4x500GB SSD Striped
TechCo
User Banned
Posted: 28th Jun 2017 14:43
@Synchormest I am gonna take the risk of tomorrow
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2017 15:28
weird, playing fallout 4 at the moment, not got far but seems pretty good. Some good reflective shaders in there that remind me of GameGuru (kindof)
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: around
Posted: 28th Jun 2017 18:02 Edited at: 28th Jun 2017 18:06
Quote: "I am trying to think about a ww3 game but seriously didn't played any game related to ww3 in my whole life. So I have no idea how it should be.Mainly I want to know how the atmosphere of the game will be and how the environment can be made perfectly which suits the ww3. So if you think you can help me than please comment I do love to know. "

What I am going to say may sound harsh, but it's just my general pragmatic view on gamemaking.

The first and foremost thing that a developer needs to create a worthwhile demo of a pre-alpha (which is the stage that 99.99% of all amateur and indie developer games achieve before the project is given up upon) is a VISION.

It's hard enough to take care of basics like graphics, assets, and level design, not to mention the advanced stuff like AI behaviour, scripting, environment interaction, balance etc.

And the only thing that enables the developers to fuel their determination to overcome all those tedious obstacles is the vision of the game they want to make. They have images of landscapes in their mind, they imagine conversations held or messages read and they picture movie-worth scenes of exploration, combat or horror in 3D color complete with sound all in their mind - and long to bring those to life for others to experience.

But if there is no vision, there wont even be a pre-alpha demo in the end. Only wasted time and talent.
In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2017 18:52 Edited at: 28th Jun 2017 18:57
I assume you wish to have a call of duty'esque shooter with lots of infantry running around. Just play modern military shooters and simulators and make sure to add a desperate and nihilistic atmosphere to it. There are dozens of games that go in this direction.

Here are some honest tipps: If you are still very young (18 and younger) and you don't have a grip on "how the world works" (politics, economics, basic understanding of how different governments operate and how they command their military, history) don't even think about writing a WW3 plotline.
All you will get is cringe.
Even COD games that are primarily aimed at younger teenagers have some semblance of cinematic presentation and conjure up an at least semi-believable scenario.
You'd be better off writing something set in the future or a fantasy universe where you don't have to deal with that sort of thing. Something more lighthearted where people will not take the plot too seriously. Seriously, some really stupid plot where murrica is going to war against chiner is groanworthy in an indiegame. Once you lose the bells and whistles of a AAA studio title you are not left with much.

I concur with Storyteller. Hold off of making a game until you have a strong idea about the game you want to make. If you want to immitate whatever modern military shooter you currently have on your console you will wind up getting half hearted results at best.

Please don't view my post as dismissive, just understand that your questions is very similar to somebody asking "I want to write a novel about dinosaurs but I have no ideas about what the plot should be like." Don't have a plot, don't write a book! Don't have solid concept, don't make a game.

If you are determined and have some gameplay ideas only, make a simple one level game with a plotline just as simple. Doom was a hit and consisted of a Marine on Mars shooting demons. that works way better for a first project than a geopolitical disaster such as WW3.
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2017 18:53
Get a pen and paper.

Your game will be made up of three elements; your character, the environment, and the gameplay.

You currently have a vague idea of what you want your environment to be; WW3. Now think about where and when you want to set it, and what implications this will have on your game. Setting it in the present (i.e. tomorrow) is good because you have access to lots of contemporary assets on the forums, in the store, and in the DLC model packs. But you may want to think about where you set your game a little more thoroughly so you can give the game a unified look and feel. Is it set in America during WW3? Is it set in China during the aftermath of WW3? Is it set in Africa during events that lead up to WW3?

Next, spend a while thinking about character. Who do you play as? What's their story? And, more importantly, what is their journey in the game? Are they a new recruit at the beginning of the game who progresses to a captain by the end? Give your character a goal; this can either be a physical goal like 'reach this bridge by nightfall' or an internal goal 'get a promotion to captain', 'uncover the mystery' etc. Then place obstacles between your character and their goal. Conflict is drama, and drama is what engages an audience.

Now that you have these two things, they can inform your gameplay; what do you actually do in your game? If you're a soldier in post-WW3 America, there's probably going to be a lot of shooting involved in Malls, airports, streets, industrial complexes...probably not much magic in forests! But if your character is a doctor in pre-war Ghana, the gameplay might involve healing people rather than shooting them, and take place in wild open maps with lots of trees and natural elements. This is where Game Guru's own internal limitations might start to get in the way but most challenges can be overcome with scripting and a lot of help from the folks on these forums.

Once you have your character, environment and gameplay, write a storyline. Work out what obstacles the player must face each level and how they overcome them, where the level is set, and when. Work out how this might look as a series of levels. Level 1 could be pre-war, level 2 could be during the war, level 3 could be afterwards. Realise that games work by constantly challenging the player. Introduce new gameplay ideas throughout the game but make sure you develop ones you've already established; players get a kick out of knowing how to do something. For example, in level 1 you teach the player to jump, in level 2 they have to jump up to something to progress to level 3. The hardest part here is tempering your imagination and ambition. Few indie developers ever finish a game they plan to have 30 levels.

And there you have it; a written outline of your game. All that remains now is for you to actually start building it!

AE
TechCo
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jun 2017 06:01 Edited at: 29th Jun 2017 07:42
@Wolf [MOD EDIT: Please don't say your age on the forums]
TechCo
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jun 2017 06:13 Edited at: 29th Jun 2017 06:22
@Wolf I do played the whole series of call of duty games without some new releases which doesn't support my pc and what's the problem if I'm not 18 or more but I can play those games well and I get fun playing the games which is played by elders.And I also do research about world war 3 but didn't know about the environment of it. And I know about the worlds political things which happens because I do get interest searching them But I have a dream of it but full of it can't be done with gameguru. And also trying to write something kind of novel also. And to get ideas about wars I daily watch shows or movies of war lol. But everyone has a dream and I have also and I am working on it so that I can achieve it. For my age there is maybe some problem but if you ask me I will say age doesn't matter to get idea how the whole world works. And yes I do liked your comment. Because honest comments are the best comments which helps you to improve more and more. And I also try to do honest comments.

@Avenging Eagle Thanks for your suggestion I will take a look at it.
TechCo
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jun 2017 06:21
@Story Teller I do want to say that most of the gameguru game developers don't make advance graphics work or advance hollywood style trailer of their game. They just write some sort of texts in a black screen as a trailer. But if you did a hard work on making the game than why don't you give a great finishing by making an awesome trailer which will impress your players to buy it. And yes you are right on last.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2017 09:20
Quote: " I also do research about world war 3 but didn't know about the environment of it"

Alright! Gotcha.

Well, there are 3 main ways of doing it:

Number1: Events leading up to such a catastrophy: In this kind of scenario you usually play as a special forces soldier who was involved in the events leading up to a global conflict. Usually you start out with a routine mission in some backwoods conflict zone and uncover some kind of conspiracy that will then slowly build up to WW3. Games that go a similar route are CoD4:MW, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.
The last levels should take place in a country that was considered save in the beginning. Where an all out war is currently unfathomable i.e: The US, Mainland China, a larger city in russia or europe. Make sure to have a level that takes place at a popular landmark of such a country, maybe have it devastated by the war. (For example: The Eiffel Tower in Paris)

Number2: During the third world war. You'd have to design this like your established WW2 game just with modern weapons and tactics. This should take place in similar places as the end of the first example, only more of them. In this game you would play as one or two regular soldiers. Maybe from 2 different countries. To make it extra interesting, have them be on opposite sides, tell their stories.
Environments can be somewhat clean in the beginning but should really be devastated later on. A broken statue of liberty, the pentagon shattered or Tokyo as a ghost town.

Number3: Stragglers post world war. A remaining struggle for stability after the world has burned. This can be really gritty and offers many opportunities. Here you can either be a civilian (i.e Homefront) or a soldier. this would need a lot of dusted areas, absolutely wrecked cities (maybe beyond recognition and similar.

Alternatively: have the whole world war 3 thing surround your story but not be the focus. You can tell the tale of survivors or a scattered unit trying to survive in the aftermath of such a conflict. this can lead to a really interesting game.
An awesome example of having a small plot in a major setting is ASTEKs FPSC game "Dust". This game took place in a desolate apartment after a zombie-apocalypse. While you never see a zombie or the apocalypse and the game was an adventure in just one apartment building he still managed to get you a really eeriee feeling of isolation and desperation surrounding you...without it being directly visible. This would work for such a conflict as well.

Just spitballing but maybe this gave ya some inspiration

TechCo
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jun 2017 11:39
@Wolf Oh sup Thanks for the reply it is the best environment idea I will study more about this after learning I will start writting. I think it will help me a lot.
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2017 13:17
Those are great ideas, Wolf! I especially like the broken landmarks. Who didn't get at least a little chill at the end of the original "Planet of the Apes" when Charlton Heston "damned them all to hell"?
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9809), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (passmark 12006), 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's an idea...

You might want to look at the dream and nightmare sequences in the "Terminator" movies... A few guys running around through rubble and half blown up buildings, to shoot at the enemies...
PM
TechCo
User Banned
Posted: 1st Jul 2017 08:20
Sulman
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: OUT DOOR GAMES
Posted: 20th Aug 2017 19:54
War is different than Hollywood special effect scenes. Its brutal and unforgettable memories. Be careful with the term "World War 3".

Imagine, China, Pakistan, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Turkey used their all nuclear weapons against USA, Japan, Israel, India, Europeans. Thousands of nuclear weapons are touching earth surface. The temperature will rise like a hell. What will be life after that war? Lost all technology? We will be traveling on donkey and horses. Food shortage (food poison, Due to radiation) Omg it's unforgiven and brutal world war in the history of mankind.

If i sucessful to make my opening scene it will speak about the destruction of nuclear war. Unfortunately the chances of surviving world war 3 is -100% (minus 100%) Either you are hiding under bunker or what so ever. Radiation will get you.

My main point is to encourage you to make a game which speaks against war. Or how we can defeat evil or bad powers. Protect your people life. What happen after war? how you find food, water, medicine. You get missions to save another life. Find a hospital in abandon city. Then take medicine to the injured person. You have 5 min. Then there are soldiers and you need guns and etc... Some thing which involve humanity. Saving someone. Sacrificing yourself for other people. Love should be the main objective in games.

One day you guys are going to be the professional and leading game makers. So think for your young generation. How we want our youth to be?

Best of luck and have fun...
i7, NV960 2GB, 62GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win 7. Perception Neuron mocap...
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2017 03:08 Edited at: 25th Aug 2017 03:15
Quote: "What will be life after that war? "

What life remains won't be worth living. It would only prove that mankind is a blight on an otherwise biologically successful planet. Sad to say it, but as a species, we suck. Great idea to infuse some kind of negativity to the whole idea of war. Perhaps it will catch on!
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9809), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (passmark 12006), 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 11:20:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 11:20:42