3rd Party Models/Media Chat / ErrantAI Fantasy SpellRay HUDs in GG (getting them working in GG)

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 10:23
If you own the ErrantAI fantasy packs with the Spellray weapon HUDs, to get them to work, you need to change a couple of the parameters in the gunspec.txt. I just purchased the pack off the website but didn't come with the muzzleflash/decal files that the specs use. So I've had to improvise for now.

You can change to more suitable names that exist in your muzzleflash/decals folders. for example if the muzzleflash parameter specifies muzzleflash=96 and smokedecal=blackpuff and the files don't exist in your FPSC/GG folders, change to to an existing one that is suitable, something like the following as an example only:

smokedecal = gunsmoke
muzzleflash = 5

This produced something like the pic below.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 10:45
I've attached the missing decal and muzzleflash here for now... I'll likely update the fantasy DL package sometime this weekend. The muzzleflash is original and was omitted by accident. The blackpuff is a recolor of one of the FPSC impact decals but should be fine to upload now. Thanks for the heads up.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K (passmark 8555), 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC (passmark 8637), Win10 Pro 64-bit, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1280x1024

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 13:32
wow, thanks ErrantAI, that's brilliant. I will download now and do some testing and mix/match the animations that are specified in your gunspecs. Awesome stuff.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 13:51 Edited at: 10th Jun 2017 13:55
@ErrantAI- just thought I should let you know that spellbook1c.X and spellbook1c_D2.dds are missing for spellbook raycast3 entity. I'll double check the downloaded archive file just in case it's me being stupid.

[update-no, it's definitely missing from the downloaded zip file. No worries, will swap for existing files for now. ]
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 14:04
Nice work BOTR. Would go great with the jrpg scripts that are being sold.
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.Intel core i5-2300cpu @2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
RAM 16 gb G-Skill G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 14:11
jrpg scripts? will check those out on the store , thanks for the info
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 14:13
jrpg scripts? will check those out on the store , thanks for the info

[update-couldn't find jrpg scripts, only various rpg scripts, is there a link for jrpg scripts?]
Zero_HP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 22:00 Edited at: 10th Jun 2017 22:02
Great stuff dude, many thanks for your help once again
I've been messing around with some custom muzzleflashes that are more spell appropriate, this is just a test but i think there is a lot of potential.
How is it you customise the spell animations? As in the hand animations

Also, would there be anyway to add a projectile to the spell, like a fireball or something like that? I've no idea how it would be done, but maybe one of you guys might have a solution
I'm not a box of avocados, Logan

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 22:10 Edited at: 10th Jun 2017 22:18
you can use the fireball that the stock 3rd person wizard uses, just add the following parameters to the gunspec.txt file:

poolammo = fireball
projectile = fireball

The different spell animation frames are in the original FPSC gunspec.txt file. they are commented out. So you can replace the uncommented out params with the commented ones e.g.:

;palm-up spellcast anim set
;start fire = 200,209
;automatic fire = 210,232
;end fire = 233,250

;palm-out, sweep-down quick cast
start fire = 260,267
end fire = 268,288

can become:

;palm-up spellcast anim set
start fire = 200,209
automatic fire = 210,232
end fire = 233,250

;palm-out, sweep-down quick cast
;start fire = 260,267
;end fire = 268,288

Not yet experimented yet. but that should work.
Zero_HP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 22:33
Do I just add the "poolammo = fireball projectile = fireball" anywhere in the gunspec file, or do they need to be in a certain place?

And awesome, I'll check the FPSC files and have a mess around with the anims. Lot of potential with this spell set, and was exactly what I was looking for for my fantasy game
Zero_HP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 22:48
I put the fireball info anywhere and it worked fine, thanks dude
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 22:56
Quote: "I've been messing around with some custom muzzleflashes that are more spell appropriate, this is just a test but i think there is a lot of potential."

That looks really cool

Quote: "How is it you customise the spell animations? As in the hand animations"

Check out the original thread here: EAI: KoE Spellcasting Development Kit Beta Release!

There's a lot of info on editing anims plus some user made decals and there's also a free download of just the spellcasting bits without the other weapons for those who are interested.

Also there were some community made additions:
Electric Spell for EAI's Spellcasting Kit [Free]
Old School Offical Spells Release Thread
(There were more but I couldn't find the threads)

For some added inspiration, here's Plystire's famous Decal Over-Ride Video. There should be some cool effects possible with GG particles and Lua but I'm quite out of the loop on those things.

For those interested in the companion weapons please check out: EAI GAME CREATOR STORE COLLECTION: FANTASY

It's fun to see people having an interest in this again after so many years. If we ever get a good dual wield system in GG, I will consider doing some new assets in this vein.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K (passmark 8555), 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC (passmark 8637), Win10 Pro 64-bit, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1280x1024
Zero_HP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 23:11
Errant, that is the pack that started it off. I picked up your FPSC guns pack, and got this because, well it was a dollar and who can turn down fantasy weapons for a dollar I didn't expect the spells to work on conversion to be honest, so was pleasantly surprised that they pretty much did with a little tweaking, always good to have a variety of different attacks.
Thanks for the extra info, I'll be sure to check them out as I think these spells (and a lot of the fantasy pack) are wonderful. On the subject of the fantasy pack, the unarmed/fist fighting weapons: is there not a block mechanic in GG, as the right click (which I presume used to be block) makes my game editor crash. So I'm guessing GG doesn't know how to handle a block animation/command or something like that? The shield also doesn't do anything, where it used to presumable block as well.
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 23:28
@ BOTR

here is a link to the turnbase rpg scripts. It was featured in the news letter. (glad they are back)

https://www.tgcstore.net/product/30204
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.Intel core i5-2300cpu @2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
RAM 16 gb G-Skill G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory

Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 23:36 Edited at: 10th Jun 2017 23:36
@Zero_HP The blocking mechanic in GG is a broken implementation of the old Airmod blocking system which was really basic and not nearly as good as the mechanics found in Plys Mod.

The Airmod system required matching blocking conditions in an enemy AI script to function. I don't know if those commands were inherited by GG or not. If they were, they should be cut out and replaced with something better. The Airmod system was timing based and checked if the player had initiated a block during a blockable attack. This was error prone because the player could effectively block attacks from the rear or block attacks for allies from across the room. Stuff like that. Later, more sophisticated blocking systems allowed the player to hold a blocking pose, limit blocking angle via gunspec and block all manner of raycast attacks with reaction animations and without need for corresponding commands in AI scripts.

The last I checked in GG, you can only activate the blocking animation once and then have to load a new map before you could block again. I have no idea if it was actually affecting any game logic or simply playing an animation. My fantasy weapons used a lot of mod-specific settings, so any number of conflicts may have caused a crash. And yes, the shield was able to block and bash originally. There's a playlist of videos on my site page that show how they were able to be used. The current GG weapon systems still leave a lot to be desired.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2017 15:16
@Bored of the Rings, Did you use weapon welder to convert these?
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2017 15:34 Edited at: 11th Jun 2017 15:35
Yes used the tool but there were missing decals .x and muzzleflash files so had to edit gunspec to use alternatives but errant ai has now attached a couple of the missing files
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2017 16:02
I've updated the DL archive with:

spell effect decal "blackpuff"
spell effect muzzleflash "flash96"
spellbook1c.x mesh
spellbook1c_D/D2/N/S textures

People that purchased from my website should be getting a notification email with link.
Zero_HP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2017 22:02
Would anyone be interested in custom magic style muzzle flashes?
I've ended up with quite a few, so can put a pack together if anyone wants em for their spells and wants to save 15 mins in paint.net.
All made with royalty free images.
Here is a couple of examples.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 23:32:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 23:32:40