Product Chat / Is it possible to allow a player to carry 2 pistols at the same time in GG

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there a way to allow a player to carry and shoot 2 pistols in a game made with Game Guru? I mean can he carry 2 pistols and fire them both at the same time like the “Left 4 Dead” game (see picture below).

Is this done with scripts, with weapon welder software, or a little of both? Or is it not possible at this time?

PM
Johno 15
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2017 01:09
Yes it is possible, in fact in Errant AI's old weapon packs for fpsc he had several weapons that were dual wielded, I haven't been at my computer in a while but I believe i have converted a set of FN P90's which are dual wielded. You can get the old weapon packs and just use BOTR's fantastic weapon welder to convert them
'Judge a man not by his answers. But by his questions.'
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2017 02:36
I see where you're going with that, Len! That would be awesome for ol' western duels! Especially if the characters could do it as well.
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9809), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (passmark 12006), 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2017 06:31 Edited at: 1st Jun 2017 08:37
If you pm me your email address I will send you a link to the tool

[update-actually I decided to make weapon welder tool (only) free if anyone wants to try it out. It can be found under third party tools section].

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2017 12:55 Edited at: 1st Jun 2017 12:55
@ Jerry Tremble - Hi Jerry... I let some of my family beta test my cowboy game and one person said that the revolver reloads and shoots too slowly, and I wondered if holding 2 revolvers might help the situation... I loved the 2 pistols in the "Left 4 Dead" game. I could shoot rapid-fire, reload quickly and keep on shooting.

@Bored of the Rings - I would love to check out the weapon welder. I will PM you for that.

WIP - Cowboy Shootout - https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/216086?page=3
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2017 13:56
@Len the man: Just now PM'd you, also the tool is now freely available under "third party tools".
Happy shooting...

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2017 03:01 Edited at: 10th Jun 2017 03:03
The support for FAKE dual weapons should still be present in GG but honestly, it's really awful because they have to fire simultaneously and for all practical purposes, it's just one gun that looks like 2.

Hopefully, at some point, we may see asymmetric dual wielding like we had in modded FPSC where the player truly holds a separate weapon in each hand and can fire them independently. The modded ADW wasn't perfect though as it had its own problems so there would be quite a bit to be sorted out.

Quote: "I let some of my family beta test my cowboy game and one person said that the revolver reloads and shoots too slowly"

Revolvers do reload slowly. That's why they are obsolete and western-era revolvers reload even slower

That said, if you are going for an arcade-y feel, simply shortening the reload animation will do wonders. You can do creative things for reloading (that enter the realms of magic) while still giving a pause in gunplay. For example, I had an SAA that would do twirling motion that would dip off-screen and then come back into frame fully loaded. Completely unrealistic but looked cool and kept the action going. It looked particularly cool with two of them in ADW alternating firing because you could get the full 12 shots before a quick reload. With the fake DW system, you still only get 6 shots it's just that 2 bullets are raycast per shot via iterate (same mechanic used for shotgun pellets).

I'm guessing that this is sort of the pacing/action you are looking for. Unfortunately it's not yet possible in GG. When voting becomes relevant again, I'm guessing that "Dual Wielding" would make this sort of thing possible again. (FYI, this video is in FPSC Black Ice Mod) However, you can use similar short magical reloads like shown.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K (passmark 8555), 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC (passmark 8637), Win10 Pro 64-bit, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1280x1024
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Errant AI, you gave me a lot of good stuff to think about...
PM
TechCo
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jun 2017 07:09
I did tried eai's akimbo weapon back some months ago and they do run well in gameguru too,
I am a part time youtuber and what a gamer.
Here's my youtube channel Createch- http://bit.ly/cstech12
Game Development is my hobby. And I hope in future I am going to release an awesome game.
TechCo
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jun 2017 07:10
But the anim have some problem
I am a part time youtuber and what a gamer.
Here's my youtube channel Createch- http://bit.ly/cstech12
Game Development is my hobby. And I hope in future I am going to release an awesome game.
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2017 20:23 Edited at: 30th Jun 2017 20:24
Thanks TechCo...

I also tried putting a Winchester rifle (from CosmicProphets western pack he recently released for free) and once I put it into fragmotion, I couldn't get the rifle and hands to move around in the editor screen, so I can't set the animation correctly. I also checked Wolf's video tutorial but it didn't help the problem with moving the rifle and hands around in the fragmotion editor window.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, if I'm missing a step in the process, or if maybe I need some more tutorial videos that are more thorough on this subject matter... This whole process has got me totally baffled...

I sent bugsy a PM and he might be able to help, but I will need to pay for his work.

I would like to have 2 of the stock 357 magnum revolvers (one for each hand) and I would also like to have the winchester rifle.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:38:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:38:34